00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mayouqet just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,885,282 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 15:37:29

COGS of War

At 2/24/07 03:34 PM, pixelz wrote:
Anyhoo, um I just tried to watch cogs of war again since it was so funny, and its blammed. Anyone else notice that?

what the hell, wasn't that above 4? This is a conspiracy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 15:40:04

At 2/24/07 03:37 PM, Coaly wrote: COGS of War
At 2/24/07 03:34 PM, pixelz wrote:
Anyhoo, um I just tried to watch cogs of war again since it was so funny, and its blammed. Anyone else notice that?
what the hell, wasn't that above 4? This is a conspiracy.

Thats what I thought, its still under the weekly thing, but now our review crew pick is missing from the portal and its not under johnny utah's submissions anymore!

Whoa its me!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 15:43:35

At 2/24/07 03:04 PM, Cybex wrote: It's not the 1940's.

The point is that you learn either way. You always seem to contradict me over the stupidest shit, entirely missing the point. I was merely stressing the idea that writing is a learned trait as opposed to how some see it.

Learn-and-apply theory: A child simply learns from its environment and, as a result, the majority of people learn to be right-handed; the same goes for left-handed people, and this explains why left-handedness appears to be genetic.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 15:43:54

At 2/24/07 03:41 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: If I had to speculate, it's because they're having trouble with Epic again. I know Epic e-mailed them a message about Queers of War, and they resolved it. My guess is maybe Cogs touched on too many copyrights?

Right, but then theres over a bajillion mario sprite parodies that even rip the graphics. Why is Epic being such a dick?

Whoa its me!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 16:04:17

COGS of War Conspiracy

If it was about using the gears of war characters, I don't really see the problem, I mean its publicity and its not like it really degraded the game or anything. As far as mario vs gears of war, mario is old as hell, they probably just let it go, and gears of war is new.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 16:18:17

Cogs of War

At 2/24/07 04:07 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Who knows.

Um. Why didn't you try looking into it first?
From the authors website:

UPDATE: yeah "Cogs of War" was taken down after some suits at epic deemed it "damaging" to their franchise. For example, if they release the saturday morning gears cartoon with all its head blowing body chainsawing violence, they don't want kids perception of the characters to be tainted by my silly versions of them. If you aren't happy with the way they're treating the fanbase I suggest you write them and let it be known.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 16:52:09

Ps3

At 2/24/07 03:19 PM, Depredation wrote: Not trying to open up old wounds, but i'm interested, is anyone (UK) going to be buying the PS3 next month, when it finally comes out :D? I know i won't.

I don't have a spare £425 hanging around :P.

*sigh*
please do the maths, to get a proper ps3 set up <a ntohjer contorler, anotehr game, ect> it'll be OVER £500

Cogs and war

it was ok i guess :)

why must they take it down and ruin peoples fun :(

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 17:43:37

At 2/24/07 04:52 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote: *sigh*

Okay then, i don't have a spare £500 around :P. I really want to get MGS4 though when it comes out :(.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 18:18:28

PS3

I hate how peoples biggest concern is that it cost a lot. Honestly, if you're gonna complain, then complain that there is still only like one game worth playing on it, thats not on another console. If it wasn't for that fact I'd have bought one already. By next fall I should have one though, thats when some big titles that I can't live without will be released.

The idea of missing out on the next Final Fantasy pains me. Its funny though. I've had Final Fantasy XII since the week it came out, but after playing it for a while I got kind of tired of it. The story never really hooked me. Sadly, I don't feel like finding some monsters to kill for a few hours so I can level up or acquire some gil to buy some new armor. People may say bad things about Final Fantasy X but I never really had too little gil and it was pretty rare that I needed to gain a bunch of levels. Then again, thats what Final Fantasy XI was like all about and I have over 40 days of gameplay on there(40 days times 24 hours meaning pretty damn close to 1000 hours).

For those who don't play Final Fantasy games that was probably boring.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 18:28:17

Next Gen Gaming

I usually follow gaming but now i dont since all the games and consoles are now samy.. c'mon.. the xbox and 360 are just pc's and the ps3 is juts a ps2 with better graphics..

the wii is the only thign i'm interested in, yet i cna't get it untill they get back in stock :P

Today i got Chibi robo, and i orderd some dreamcast games.. i play older games aswell, when its not the cube or Dc.. its the snes... becuase some games are just awesome, no matter how much the new gen trys, there will never be any more instant classic games...

c'mon, final fantasy.. what is it now.. 48? please..

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 18:49:39

Next Gen

At 2/24/07 06:28 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote: I usually follow gaming but now i dont since all the games and consoles are now samy.. c'mon.. the xbox and 360 are just pc's and the ps3 is juts a ps2 with better graphics..

Not really. Its more like the Xbox360 and the PS3 are about equal. Its hard to compare anything to a PC because you can always upgrade whats inside your PC. Your PC could easily have much better hardware than either one if you want to spend a ton of money for some cutting edge hardware. Its unlikely your PC has a blu-ray disc drive though cause that shit cost about 1000 dollars and theres really no need for it at the moment.

As for the Wii, I don't know what excites people so much about a motion sensor. You can get a laptop with a motion sensor in it. It comes standard with some apple laptops, G4s or G5s I think. Its utterly useless. The only purpose I know of is so if you install this one program it makes lightsaber noises when you move you laptop around.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 18:55:50

At 2/24/07 06:49 PM, MethodMinus wrote: The only purpose I know of is so if you install this one program it makes lightsaber noises when you move you laptop around.

I think the Wii does a little more than that.

I dont even own a TV here so I only play stuff on my PC. I'm playing San Andreas currently. Next gen stuff just doesnt interest me, it's too expensive.
But let's not get back into the whole console debate again, I'm sure they're all lovely in their own special way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 18:59:41

Console flame war? in the flash reg forum :O?

*cough* probs shoudlget off this topic before luis slaps us with his manhood.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 19:04:49

Console Wars Fight #13
Yeah guys, lay off the console wars, no more conversation about it We've had at least 90 bazillion conversations about this before, it just makes people feel inferior or bad that they've spent so much money. Let's not create complexes for people. If you want to talk about specific games, that's okay, but don't rave about your wii.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 19:26:20

At 2/24/07 06:49 PM, MethodMinus wrote: As for the Wii, I don't know what excites people so much about a motion sensor. You can get a laptop with a motion sensor in it. It comes standard with some apple laptops, G4s or G5s I think. Its utterly useless. The only purpose I know of is so if you install this one program it makes lightsaber noises when you move you laptop around.

No that's not all it does.
There are many reasons I got my wii, mainly for first person shooters.
They are going to be the best on a system where, you know, you actually aim on screen.
and it works, so well.

..::Flash For Breakfast::....::Indie::...::Albino Cop::....::Epic Riffs::..

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 19:28:53

Argument

Eh. Some people are afraid of a lively debate. It makes sense in a way, some people think of an argument as a bad thing. The poor word got a negative connotation. If you're not going to be passionate about something then why even mention it.

I was across the hall one day talking to this guy about music styles and how you can't say you hate techno because someone is playing house music, and it got into the difference between house and techno and sub genres of music and associating similar sounding music styles with each other and whatnot. His roommate got so frustrated just by listening to us go back and forth that he had to leave the room. We were merely exchanging ideas. Either way, once he was gone we drank his Captain Morgan.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 19:33:06

At 2/24/07 03:43 PM, MethodMinus wrote: A child simply learns from its environment

Not really. Both my parents are right-handed; I grew up in a right handed environment, yet I'm left handed.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 19:48:26

At 2/24/07 07:33 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Not really. Both my parents are right-handed; I grew up in a right handed environment, yet I'm left handed.

Heh, you made it seem as though I were saying it. I was just quoting one of the many theories about lefties on wikipedia.

Perhaps, you were just mimicking them but you mirrored them. Like if you were always sitting across from them than using your left hand would appear correct.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 19:54:27

At 2/24/07 07:48 PM, MethodMinus wrote: Heh, you made it seem as though I were saying it. I was just quoting one of the many theories about lefties on wikipedia.

Haha, theories. Us lefties are always getting a bum-wrap.

Perhaps, you were just mimicking them but you mirrored them. Like if you were always sitting across from them than using your left hand would appear correct.

When they were teaching me to write, my Dad would sit next to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:18:15

Re: Workplaces
I found an old video camera I had and managed to get a few pictures out of it.

Top Left: My computer
Top Right: My Fishtank on my desk
Bottom Right: My bike and alarm clock
Bottom Lefft: My NG Awards, Copyright for Ball Revamped, and Business License

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:23:03

WORKPLACE

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:25:17

RE: WORKPLACE

At 2/24/07 08:23 PM, Krinkels wrote:
</screen shot>

What's with the gun?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:25:59

At 2/24/07 08:25 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: What's with the gun?

my guess is his flash never crashes because of that.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:34:06

At 2/24/07 08:25 PM, Luis wrote:

Ah, if only software could be coerced into working with the threat of violence, it would make life so much simpler.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:35:23

At 2/24/07 08:23 PM, Krinkels wrote: WORKPLACE

I think this is the coolest yet...its so well set up. I think the people with the dual screens are the most productive, I need to get on that!

BTW, the gun is for all the madness fan boys that storm his house.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:38:17

I like your monitor drawing :)

..::Flash For Breakfast::....::Indie::...::Albino Cop::....::Epic Riffs::..

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:42:13

At 2/24/07 08:35 PM, Coaly wrote:
.... I think the people with the dual screens are the most productive...

Not me, so much. One screen has flash open on it, idling. and the other screen had my flash library, and typically an episode of MST3k. It's just more ways to be distracted. Thanks to the bit torrents I have a new season of that show every week.

And I just got home from shooting when I did this, so I was reloading my magazines and messing around with my .45. And.... watching MST3k....

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 20:57:26

At 2/24/07 08:34 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 2/24/07 08:25 PM, Luis wrote:
Ah, if only software could be coerced into working with the threat of violence, it would make life so much simpler.

That'll happen when AI becomes mainstream in software, I reckon they'll want to have a a value for life.

OMG IT"S THE WITH THE FOOT FETISH!!!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 21:33:27

Krinkels is packing heat
All I have is a cap gun which I keep in a case with a thousand dollars, in case a robber wants money and then tries to shoot me and it dpesn't work so I can rush him and snap his neck!
But yeah nice setup there with all those stuff.

Gaming (again)
I'm dying to get Skies of Arcadia Legends, that game was the first RPG I'd ever played and it got me hooked, then I played others and they sucked... until Drgaon quest 8! I still kinda prefer playing the old gen to tell you the truth. I plan on getting some more GC games because I know Nintendo is gonna have a game drought for the wii.

Whoa its me!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-02-24 21:46:15

Re: Workplaces

At 2/24/07 08:18 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Top Left: My computer
Top Right: My Fishtank on my desk
Bottom Right: My bike and alarm clock
Bottom Lefft: My NG Awards, Copyright for Ball Revamped, and Business License

For some reason, after looking at the picutres for a few minutes, I came up with this scenario:
Speaker plays unbelievable high pitched sound -> Glass fish tank breaks -> Water and fish spill all over your monitor.

That would suck!

At 2/24/07 08:42 PM, Krinkels wrote: And I just got home from shooting when I did this, so I was reloading my magazines and messing around with my .45. And.... watching MST3k....

Is the gun on the table a USP Compact?