00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playstation Empire

263,611 Views | 6,100 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-09-26 12:20:21

At 9/24/08 03:20 PM, IrishGun wrote: Also, I'm going to make a level on LittleBigPlanet that involes racing by using nuclear warheads.

Oh, and I'm going to try to make my sackboy look like Hitler.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-09-26 19:53:42

At 9/26/08 12:09 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 9/24/08 06:23 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Yeah, of course but this is public. Anyone can make an account and contribute. Thats the point. Its gotta be a hell of a lot bettre and more knowledge put into it if ten people make it than if one person does.
Public?

It's not long before the spammers arrive or have they already arrived?

No, the site is also modded and i think things can be undone. Plus no one out there is mean enough to do something like that... surely!

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-09-27 17:20:05

At 9/26/08 07:53 PM, DasUberCow wrote: No, the site is also modded and i think things can be undone. Plus no one out there is mean enough to do something like that... surely!

Seriously. I doubt there is anyone in the world cruel enough to change a Wikipedia page to something that is untruthful.

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-09-27 18:34:10

I'm a Sony fanboy, so hit me up right away! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-09-27 22:31:24

At 9/27/08 05:20 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 9/26/08 07:53 PM, DasUberCow wrote: No, the site is also modded and i think things can be undone. Plus no one out there is mean enough to do something like that... surely!
Seriously. I doubt there is anyone in the world cruel enough to change a Wikipedia page to something that is untruthful.

HAHA yeah. I dont think anyone would be assed. Its going okay so far though. Take a look if you dont believe me.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-09-29 19:21:27

Wipeout is great but it gets VERY hard near the end of the campaign. Even on novice its near impossible. Also i think that overall the trophies are harder than PAIN and thats saying something.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-02 23:02:43

At 9/29/08 07:21 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Wipeout is great but it gets VERY hard near the end of the campaign. Even on novice its near impossible. Also i think that overall the trophies are harder than PAIN and thats saying something.

OMG thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought the trophies were hard to get. I have been playing WipEout all week just trying to get those damn trophies. And what about that Zone Zeus trophy? How in god's name am I supposed to get to zone 75?! Also, who else is SUPER DUPER excited about Motorstorm PR?

I'ma be down, i'ma be down, down wit da clown till i'm dead in da ground.

>CLICK DAT SHIZ!<

>CLICK DAT SHIZ!<

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-03 13:18:43

At 10/2/08 11:02 PM, uglysonObitch wrote:
At 9/29/08 07:21 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Wipeout is great but it gets VERY hard near the end of the campaign. Even on novice its near impossible. Also i think that overall the trophies are harder than PAIN and thats saying something.
OMG thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought the trophies were hard to get. I have been playing WipEout all week just trying to get those damn trophies. And what about that Zone Zeus trophy? How in god's name am I supposed to get to zone 75?! Also, who else is SUPER DUPER excited about Motorstorm PR?

Not me... but back to Wipeout! Its absoloutely solid. Unbelievably hard i cant explain it. Im on my way to getting a medal in each of the meltdown cells. Then just need gold on the hardest difficulty to get that trophy. I doubt ill ever get it.

MS:PR? Yeah. Looks good and ill end up getting it but i think PURE looks really good aswell. Good fun was the demo!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-03 13:40:25

At 9/29/08 07:21 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Also i think that overall the trophies are harder than PAIN and thats saying something.

I have 2 trophies on WipEout, and 0 on PAIN.

Seriously, Grenade-a-Maid is homosexual.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-03 15:46:25

At 10/3/08 01:40 PM, IrishGun wrote:
At 9/29/08 07:21 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Also i think that overall the trophies are harder than PAIN and thats saying something.
I have 2 trophies on WipEout, and 0 on PAIN.

Seriously, Grenade-a-Maid is homosexual.

I just cant be bothered. I dont like it anyway. I have 20% in Wipeout, i dont know how many that is. Add me if you wanna compare trophies.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-03 18:38:59

On the subject of WipEout, I find barrel rolls are vital in every race, especially in time trial, in order to get that gold medal. Not to mention, after doing 100 or more barrel rolls, you get a secret medal(bronze).

>CLICK DAT SHIZ!<

>CLICK DAT SHIZ!<

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-05 13:09:33

At 10/3/08 06:38 PM, uglysonObitch wrote: On the subject of WipEout, I find barrel rolls are vital in every race, especially in time trial, in order to get that gold medal. Not to mention, after doing 100 or more barrel rolls, you get a secret medal(bronze).

Yeah. Be careful in races though, it takes a chunk out of your energy bar so i would save it till the last lap if needed. In time lap use it whenever possible as your energy regenerates.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-06 06:35:52

At 9/6/08 11:27 PM, DasUberCow wrote:
At 9/6/08 04:32 PM, Pinafal wrote: hey mind if i join? i got a ps3 and i love it 2 bits btw anyone notice when you play music the option 2 view the earth the stars form a face????

plus i want all the games patched already with trophies, i'm still suprised gta4 hasn't yet
Heres the (almost) official page for all the info there is on Trophies. All the ones being patched, supported on launch and even the ones that arent getting them that were expected to.

Thanks a lot! i'm planning to get the new wipeout as the graphics are amazing but the thing that really made it special was the pausing and snapshot at any time. wanted to get the new starwars but im a bit turned off as the very short gameplay but i dont know what the online play is like, anybody with experience?

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-06 11:00:59

Yeah. That got really shit reviews so im gonna leave it. Its a bit shallow and childish aswell.

I want to get BiA : HH and lots of other games but the only games ill have enough money (barely) to get before christmas is LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2 on day one. Then im asking for GH: WT for christmas and ill be pre-ordering Killzone 2 aswell.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-07 21:56:54

At 10/5/08 01:09 PM, DasUberCow wrote:
At 10/3/08 06:38 PM, uglysonObitch wrote: On the subject of WipEout, I find barrel rolls are vital in every race, especially in time trial, in order to get that gold medal. Not to mention, after doing 100 or more barrel rolls, you get a secret medal(bronze).
Yeah. Be careful in races though, it takes a chunk out of your energy bar so i would save it till the last lap if needed. In time lap use it whenever possible as your energy regenerates.

Number one, my favorite class is Triakis, so i don't have to worry too much about shield power. Also, if you are running low on energy, just get a pickup and absorb it, I'm sure there's enough. Lastly, you must not be doing your barrel rolls correctly, b/c I'm pretty sure i don't lose energy when I complete a FULL barrel roll. If you do a barrel roll, but land on your side, you are sure to lose some energy.

>CLICK DAT SHIZ!<

>CLICK DAT SHIZ!<

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-08 13:46:33

I use Auricom! I just got to Zone 57 (Sub-Sonic) and couldve made it to Mach 1 which is fucking ridiiculous. Im ranked 300th in the world at the moment which is quite an achievemnt seeing as almost everyone plays on that map (Anulpha Pass) to get a high score. I got like 1200000 points or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-09 14:35:15

I mastered assault rifle on MGO last night.

To my dismay, I noticed that there was barely a difference from level 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-09 16:57:23

At 10/9/08 02:35 PM, IrishGun wrote: I mastered assault rifle on MGO last night.

To my dismay, I noticed that there was barely a difference from level 2.

MGO is getting on my nerves... its just a bit shit to be honest! Theres no stealth involved and the only worthwile tactic is sniping.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-13 18:28:50

Bump.

Im gonna post some Wipeout screenshots as soon as i get a USB stick!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-14 03:01:32

So in the near future im getting some card put in my PC so i can play PS2 through my monitor. May i join?

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-14 11:31:03

At 10/14/08 03:01 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: So in the near future im getting some card put in my PC so i can play PS2 through my monitor. May i join?

Yeah.

This place isn't as active as it use to be thanks to that ripoff of Playstation Empire known as the PS3 Online Lounge.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-15 11:55:18

At 10/14/08 11:31 AM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 10/14/08 03:01 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: So in the near future im getting some card put in my PC so i can play PS2 through my monitor. May i join?
Yeah.

This place isn't as active as it use to be thanks to that ripoff of Playstation Empire known as the PS3 Online Lounge.

HAHA yeah. Thats got nothing to do with online anymore almost. Im the only one posting!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-25 05:53:11

At 10/14/08 11:31 AM, DarkSoldier wrote:
Yeah.

Can I Join Then?

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-25 06:21:55

I am seriously enjoying Disgaea 3.
I reccommend this game to all of you who are feeling a little well fed up with just holding a gun in your hands while killing aliens or nazis all the times.

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-25 10:21:57

At 10/25/08 05:53 AM, jtm17 wrote: Can I Join Then?

Yes.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-26 04:44:59

So Guys

Do Any of you play online on PS2?

Is anyone online? lol

I Didnt....Never Had..

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-26 13:14:18

At 10/25/08 06:21 AM, loggers wrote: I am seriously enjoying Disgaea 3.
I reccommend this game to all of you who are feeling a little well fed up with just holding a gun in your hands while killing aliens or nazis all the times.

Yey for Little Big Planet! Ill check it out if i have the chance but definetly not on my list. Im not a typical FPS fanboy but its my favourite genre by far.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-26 14:50:15

At 10/9/08 04:57 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Theres no stealth involved

If you play it properly/are playing as Snake there is.

and the only worthwile tactic is sniping.

Sniping is fucking useless. You might aswell get a scope for an assault rifle.

Also, I forgot that Crash 3 is the God of videogames.

But what the fuck? I have a PS1 card created on my PS3, and I get 3/4 into Crash 3, but it doesn't save it?

fffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckkkk kkkkkkkkk

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-26 14:59:15

At 10/14/08 11:31 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: This place isn't as active as it use to be thanks to that ripoff of Playstation Empire known as the PS3 Online Lounge.

Don't be whiny because Abyssus is better at rallying the troops than you lot. Plus, everyone's so hostile towards Singstar here.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2008-10-26 15:29:48

At 10/26/08 02:59 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 10/14/08 11:31 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: This place isn't as active as it use to be thanks to that ripoff of Playstation Empire known as the PS3 Online Lounge.
Don't be whiny because Abyssus is better at rallying the troops than you lot. Plus, everyone's so hostile towards Singstar here.

Rallying the troops? lol, he stole all of our members first of all + you guys over there are the reason it's a ripoff. You guys talk about everything Playstation related. You guys don't even obey Abyssus's rules but then again he did create the ripoff thread. He's lucky I didn't find it much of a threat to this one because at that time i could have had it locked.

BBS Signature