00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

721,215 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-14 11:51:08

At 4/12/09 10:57 AM, Wonderful wrote: Being Diabetic sucks right now >:C

I am allergic to like 90% of the candy. I feel for ya, man.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-14 14:08:44

At 4/14/09 10:15 AM, smulse wrote: I'm off to Scotland for a few days, ciao x

Are you gonna dress up like that to fit in :P Well if your still in town come Saturday morning I would suggest taking a wee walk near High street or Glasgow green our march assembles at 9:30 heading off at 10 should get to the green for 11, politics FTW :)

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-14 17:01:10

At 4/14/09 11:51 AM, Relish wrote: I am allergic to like 90% of the candy. I feel for ya, man.

Is that because you have a habit of eating too much and then getting sick?

</thinking about swedish fish>

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-14 19:02:19

At 4/14/09 05:01 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 4/14/09 11:51 AM, Relish wrote: I am allergic to like 90% of the candy. I feel for ya, man.

Maybe...

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-14 19:34:56

I ate like 3 lbs of candy yesterday and got sick as hell.

(

Posted from Linux. Distro may vary.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-14 20:25:20

At 4/14/09 07:34 PM, Wonderful wrote: I ate like 3 lbs of candy yesterday and got sick as hell.

(

Starburst Jelly Beans & Swedish Fish are my downfall :/

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-14 21:50:55

At 4/14/09 05:01 PM, Jessii wrote:

</thinking about swedish fish>

I start feeling sick after about 2-3 candies, sadly.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-15 16:43:03

Your CO is in a pissy mood. Storming in after the line up he turns to us and screams:
-NAME
-RANK
-NUMBER

We reply:
-Programming Forum
-The best, of the best, of the best.
SUR AYE SUR

We fair no bad in other folks opinions, even those that don't visit us. So well done lads and lassies :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-16 19:35:00

C'mon people. You need to tell me when I crack a bad joke! Its the only way I will get better :)

The spell checker in Firefox is quite nice! I don't know if it will do anything for my bad grammar though. Nothing much happening here, my semester finishes in a few weeks. Well my deadline is then. Semester finishes before then. I have the main project/report a mobile app project, an exam and a presentation. Then I'm done.

A few drunken nights on and after graduation ( if I don't fail ) then I start full time work. The joy. well money makes me happy. So dose working towards being debt free. Then who knows what I wil do with myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-17 13:07:29

At 4/14/09 02:08 PM, Jon-86 wrote: Are you gonna dress up like that to fit in :P Well if your still in town come Saturday morning I would suggest taking a wee walk near High street or Glasgow green our march assembles at 9:30 heading off at 10 should get to the green for 11, politics FTW :)

Back from Scotland. It was such a good get away :D Got a wedding tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-18 16:23:35

At 4/17/09 01:07 PM, smulse wrote: Back from Scotland. It was such a good get away :D Got a wedding tomorrow.

Ah so soon :P The march went well today, I was up the front so I could be wrong. Still waiting to hear what others say. About 10-20 loyalists were protesting. Quite funny to be honest. They waited untill one of the bands got close before even making any noise lol. Police were ok but some of them were making disgusting comments when they thought nobody was listening. A few of them let their side down with that lack of professionalism.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-18 16:44:45

At 4/18/09 04:23 PM, Jon-86 wrote: Ah so soon :P The march went well today

What was the march for? Sorry if I missed that you wrote it before. Did you?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-18 17:09:59

Nah I didn't say what it was for, just when it was happening, in case Smulse was floating about town at that time. Theirs not that many of our marches so its a thing to be seen :)

It is the first time we have had this march, it is new and will probably become one of the main marches for republicans in Scotland (different kind of republicans than the USA kind) we on longer have the bloody Sunday march at the request of the families of the people killed that day. This one remembers all the men and women who fought in the Irish war against the British. From James Connelly and the others of the Easter rising. And everything that has happened since then. But that war ended in 1998. Its now fought through politics :)

The Poster!

Programming Regs Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-18 17:21:54

Why would the cops be against this? It looks like more of a mourning than a rebellion of sorts lol. Why were there police there anyway?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-18 17:24:23

Oh I just realized it's not JUST for mourning, but a pledge to help build the Ireland they wanted. Ah, but still, why would the cops be muttering nasty things?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-18 17:58:22

Prejudice and ignorance, simple as that. Their are many divisions in Scottish society. And no matter what the march is about. To a large number of the police we will still be "Those IRA loving bastards / fenian bastards / etc / etc" Some of them even go as far as intimidation and trying to compromise marches and they always film us and go over the footage looking for any thing they can then go to the city council with in an attempt to get future marches barred.

Sounds a bit far fetched but at the anti-racism march in Kirkintilloch recently. Their was a big crowd of loyalists singing all sorts of racist songs, but was anyone arrested? Not a chance! Were they filmed and was that footage reviewed and arrests made later. Nope. But that's the mentality of the loyalists. I mean who in their right mind protests an anti-racism march? Doesn't that say a lot about them.

But it doesn't put me off, the police are wrong, I'm their because I know one thing and that is since the war ended life in Scotland isn't so bad any more. You don't get idiots running around in ski masks looking to kick the shit out of you etc The hatred that used to exist has calmed down a little. And if peace comes through uniting Ireland and or Scottish independence I will support the people who have the best chance of making that happen! Then maybe one day the people who police this country wont have their heads up their arses as they do now :) Its all about making the future better for the wee ones in the end

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-19 17:33:25

That's horrible. They just let a pro-racism march go unwatched?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-19 17:57:20

Anti-racism....the people protesting would be the pro-racists. And aye they do, their is a legal minimum number of required stewards to be present from the organises, but we always have to have more for that reason.

Heres the video CnE took at Kirkintilloch http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww115 /CairdenahEireann/?action=view&current=P roduce.flv The actual file is decent quality, but uploading it done that. You can still hear the audio though.

Starts off with booing, then No surrender, Rule Britannia...Which their allowed to sing. But then they start shouting fenian bastards etc. Its the song near the end that crosses the line. They start singing "the famine song" and their was a court ruling recently in Scotland that made made this song a racist offence to sing (which it is if you google for the lyrics) so they all should have gotten arrested for that one. Its no longer the lessre thing of "breach of the peace" which you only get cautioned for.

So theirs the video one the people who organised it had to film because the police didn't. And for the few times they have filmed them we never get a copy of the tapes even tough its our legal right as with any video, to get a copy if your in it. Thats due to the data protection act.

I can go on and on about this for ages loool it just makes me sad when these idiots carry Saltire flags and claim to be Scottish. Or claim to be British and support the troops, yet do Nazi salutes? I just cant wait until next year, if we get independence their wee world will start to collapse around them.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-20 09:10:35

A noticed the Afro-ninja signature bandwagon has come to an end. The "I fuck...." signature bandwagon has been all the rage for a while now. I am still waiting for Afro to make his sig page! Any older members here know of any previous bandwagons like this?

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-20 09:25:33

ALSO my boss heard about Ubuntu so now we have that on a few of the office machines "to save money" but I need to use Flash, Photoshop etc. So I just installed VMware for Linux on Ubuntu AND the Unity feature KICKS ASS. Seriosuly, its almost seemless, well it is seemless with the exception of the start menu but they handled that in a good way. Totally loving this :D

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-20 17:36:03

At 4/20/09 05:15 PM, Jon-86 wrote: These made me laugh!

Bloody hell, fair few bids of $300. Can't imagine any of those turning out too successful.
Also four posts in a row my good man. This place really is dead at times.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-20 18:33:19

Happy 4/20, everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-21 06:43:31

lol

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-21 08:39:27

At 4/20/09 05:36 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Also four posts in a row my good man. This place really is dead at times.

Its procrastination more than anything and I cant afford it right now. At least I'm not replying to my own posts just yet lol theirs still some life left in the regs lounge :)

At 4/20/09 06:33 PM, DanielZ wrote: Happy 4/20, everyone!

What's the occasion?

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-21 11:05:56

At 4/21/09 06:55 AM, yhar wrote: Last Updated: Friday, 8 December 2006, 13:08 GMT

I almost died from lack of care. Old things are still funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-21 11:59:59

At 4/21/09 08:39 AM, Jon-86 wrote:
At 4/20/09 06:33 PM, DanielZ wrote: Happy 4/20, everyone!
What's the occasion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannab is_culture)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-21 15:30:58

At 4/21/09 11:59 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannab is_culture)

After reading that and a few of the links. Its quite a funny story / thing that now happens. But a have to say, the stoner's of America didn't think that one through. Having a day when everyone is gonna smoke is like a guaranteed bust for the lazy police who canny be arsed doing real work. Also after looking through the "list of stoner movies" how is 9 to 5 a stoner film? Aye the one with Dolly Parton and soft bondage scenes ^_^ love that film. And I have sung the song on Karaoke once :P

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-24 20:22:39

Just wasted too much time looking for an audio driver for a PC I said I would fix. Still haven't found it damn my woro or the UK postal service for delaying my cheque and forcing me to resort to doing a homer for money. Those days were supposed to be behind me. Complete bollocks so it is!

Why cant the sound just work from the generic driver eh, is that too much to ask?

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-24 21:18:30

Jon-86: No offense, but your police have funny uniforms :P