00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Slubby383 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

715,113 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 12:01:06

At 2/17/08 11:26 AM, smulse wrote: There's not many places to off road near where I live, and I doubt my Volkswagen Polo would fair well!

If I took my car offroading, I'd lose the whole damn undercarriage. I hate the fact that it's so low to the ground because I bottom out in some spots. I could take my Mom's pathfinder offroading but she'd have a fit. My Dad's F350 truck can handle it though.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 12:14:26

At 2/17/08 12:01 PM, Jessii wrote: If I took my car offroading, I'd lose the whole damn undercarriage. I hate the fact that it's so low to the ground because I bottom out in some spots. I could take my Mom's pathfinder offroading but she'd have a fit. My Dad's F350 truck can handle it though.

I'm going to get something like and F350 when I go on a road trip... can't wait :D

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 12:17:06

Danny, tell your mother to use the car for what it was designed :P
Smulse: A Polo isn't bad, I learned to drive in one =) You'd be surprised through what you can plough it.

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 13:01:10

At 2/17/08 12:14 PM, smulse wrote: I'm going to get something like and F350 when I go on a road trip... can't wait :D

Make sure to carry lots of money with you just for the fuel. My Dad stopped driving his and got a car for driving around town because the diesel was costing him over $100 per fill up.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 15:29:56

How cool am i?

Programming Regs Lounge

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 15:31:35

At 2/17/08 12:17 PM, elbekko wrote: Danny, tell your mother to use the car for what it was designed :P

Ok, but i think she'll be as confused as me, if not more-so...

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 15:32:11

I do not believe 'cool' is the fitting word.
'Luminous', perhaps.

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 17:54:28

@bekko, Nah its a great car, really nice to drive as well aparently but just wouldn't like to take it on a trail :P

@jessii, Fuel is a lot cheaper in the US anyway so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm a long way off having enough money to go yet anyway, but still its something to look forward to :)

Anyway Borat has finished downloading so I'm going to watch that again on my iPod then go to sleep. Just out of interest has anyone from the US watched it and what was your opinion? Tomorrow is gonna be crap, back to college :( but getting my hair cut in the morning :)

Peace

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 18:05:31

At 2/17/08 05:54 PM, smulse wrote: Anyway Borat has finished downloading so I'm going to watch that again on my iPod then go to sleep. Just out of interest has anyone from the US watched it and what was your opinion?

it was pretty hilarious. i definately approve, especially since im from the same state as those frat boys (south carolina) who made complete douchebags of themselves. its pretty hilarious.

Tomorrow is gonna be crap, back to college :( but getting my hair cut in the morning :)

class tomorrow is gonna rock. i get my automata theory test back. i cant wait to see the look on a certain someones face when i get the highest grade in the class.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 18:43:05

I haven't seen Borat yet. It's been on but can't seem to catch it when it's starting.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 19:21:41

At 2/17/08 06:56 PM, NeillS wrote: And he wonders why I don't help on this site. My my. I just cant comprehend how unbelievably stupid some people can be.

You tend to make things worse rather than helping.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-17 20:43:17

Hey guys. I am just starting to get into programming (I am taking a programming course at my school) in Visual Basic 6. I downloaded Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and it works great. Now, I also have Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and that is used apparently for game design. Is C++ good for game design?

Note that I am a beginner who is just getting into Visual Basic and C++. So far, I am enjoying it so I will be in this forum a lot.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 06:09:41

Wow I've never seen so much bad/incorrect advice be given out in the same thread before.

Anyway Borat is funnier than I remembered it to be. I've just got back in from getting my hair cut, and I have to go out again (to college) in about half an hour. Urrh :(

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 06:31:57

At 2/18/08 06:09 AM, smulse wrote: and I have to go out again (to college) in about half an hour. Urrh :(

The joys of being off for a week.
Don't think i'm at work either, so i'm gonna take this week to get a shitload of stuff done, programming wise.

I've been messing with my blogging script that i intend to release for download, and my portfolios just about finished.
Could do with a bit of freelance work actually. I'll have to have a look about.

After i watch WWE No Way Out of course.
Wrestling FTW :P

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 07:33:49

I love getting PMs from people assuming that I'm interested in game making when I never asked questions about it or even wanted information about it. Trying to market something to someone who doesn't want to be marketed to is interesting lol. I'm not gonna go into the rest of what the PM said. It was just kinda weird.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 08:26:42

iMac arrived. Win. :-)

> twitter.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 09:02:52

At 2/18/08 12:03 AM, thoughtpolice wrote: If you want to start off fast, I recommend Python and something like Pygame. You'll be up and running faster, it's a lot more sane of a language than C++, and you'll keep yourself motivated because you'll start seeing results a lot faster.

Interesting. I'll check out out.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 11:03:44

At 2/18/08 06:31 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: The joys of being off for a week.
Don't think i'm at work either, so i'm gonna take this week to get a shitload of stuff done, programming wise.

I was off last week, and that was my exact thinking, and what did I get done? Absolutely nothing.

I've been messing with my blogging script that i intend to release for download, and my portfolios just about finished.
Could do with a bit of freelance work actually. I'll have to have a look about.

Blog script sounds interesting. I'm keen on learning a couple of blogging platforms (well, how to use/make themes for). I can do WP, but it makes a bigger client base if there are a range of things you can design for.

After i watch WWE No Way Out of course.
Wrestling FTW :P

Fake wrestling is fake :\

At 2/18/08 07:33 AM, Jessii wrote: I love getting PMs from people assuming that I'm interested in game making when I never asked questions about it or even wanted information about it.

I got a PM from a guy the other day (and this happens like once every month), when I help people in a thread they send me a PM saying thanks. Okay, I'm happy to help... but I don't want you to stalk me about it!

At 2/18/08 08:26 AM, different wrote: iMac arrived. Win. :-)

Nice one :D Is it everything you dreamed and more? heh

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 11:36:48

I hate procrastinating, yet I can't seem to get motivated to write this paper! This paper is 50% of my grade too :(

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 13:48:28

What do you guys think?

Not much for programming, but I decided to take a break from it to work on link above. Just thought I'd get a little fun into your lives.

So, how's everyone?

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 14:10:48

At 2/18/08 01:48 PM, Momo-the-Monkey wrote: What do you guys think?

The only thing that looks good is the front page :/ The layout is screwed up on the rest of the pages.

So, how's everyone?

I'm fine, just getting lots of stuff done today, including kicking my alcohol intervention paper's ass :D (at least I'm trying to anyway lol)

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 15:22:17

At 2/18/08 02:49 PM, cherries wrote: My website is finally semi-complete :D

What's with the little blue lines above the comment images?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 15:41:35

Nav goes away on code page

I like your comment icons

Also, that thing with Xavier was scary OMFG GTFO NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 15:42:49

LOL cherries i love your contact page, "AIM: goldencherriesXD"

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 15:46:50

Like the copyright notice, and i like the story even more :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 16:06:19

I can't see the blue lines either, maybe problem with ur brows0r?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 16:06:53

it's not the year 4000 yet, your content belongs to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 16:11:37

At 2/18/08 03:59 PM, cherries wrote: I'm not seeing that? Mind taking a screenshot?

I circled them. I'm not sure if it's an IE 7 thing but it just looks a little weird. It might have to do with the a.comments in your css since you named it with an a instead of it being a regular class.

Programming Regs Lounge

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 16:20:09

Holy shit! Its been a long time since I've been here! :O

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-18 17:20:51

sam: The screen is immense. Installed the developer tools and I'm in way over my head right now.. here's hoping I can get some tips on Xcode development. :-)

Loving QuickLook and Spaces. iMovie 08 is also a real nice little application. Also loving the fact that I can play my music with a remote from across the room.

> twitter.