00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Uploads

11,844 Views | 110 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 04:16:47

Im getting alot of people gettting mad cause my friend cant post there Audio but i just told them just chill just think it will be better this time....

NEED BEATS??? I GOT EM ELSEWHERE

I sell beats here Matt Mattik

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 04:49:47

At 8/1/06 03:15 AM, Erkie wrote: One out of a million.

Doesn't make it any less important. *sigh ... *

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 05:04:29

Ted, just to clarify, I happen to really not care about what happens to the current voting system. I personally have come to accept it the way it is and I think it's completely fine. Sure, there is 0-voting blah blah blah, but meh, I'm happy with it, why should I complain about it here? Especially in a thread which has absolutely nothing to do with the voting system. There are other threads dedicated to bitching about how your latest piece just got down voted and how utterly unfair it is and how outraged you are at the incompetence of the people running the portal, and how you could come up with such a better system.

Seriously man, grow up. You're not high and mighty, you're just irritating.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 06:02:24

You're missing the bigger picture here; this has nothing to do with the voting system. It's about raising awareness for the Audio Portal. 80% of NG users don't even know we exist. Half our problems would be solved if we just got more people using the Portal.

The fact that you waste the time to write something this shows that you're no less arrogant than I am.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 06:11:53

At 8/1/06 06:02 AM, tedJohnston wrote: You're missing the bigger picture here; this has nothing to do with the voting system. It's about raising awareness for the Audio Portal. 80% of NG users don't even know we exist. Half our problems would be solved if we just got more people using the Portal.

Firstly, what do you mean 'we'? I fail to see why you should even care. You've been inactive for ages, and the moment you come back, you start criticising everything as if it has some kind of impact upon your exposure as an artist. Get (and stay) involved with the community if you actually want to be taken seriously.

The fact that you waste the time to write something this shows that you're no less arrogant than I am.

How?

Actually, no, I don't want to know. This thread has already been derailed enough as it is.

Back on topic, it's good to see that the server issue has been sorted out so quickly :)

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 06:47:17

Thanx alot for the heads up liljim, actually, that was really a good time to not accept any more submissions, now it won´t affect the MAC (*whoring out the contest)
:)

It´s for a greater purpose, so we all <3 you guys for doing that anyway!

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 08:59:20

At 8/1/06 06:11 AM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: Firstly, what do you mean 'we'? I fail to see why you should even care. You've been inactive for ages, and the moment you come back, you start criticising everything as if it has some kind of impact upon your exposure as an artist. Get (and stay) involved with the community if you actually want to be taken seriously.

Dude, cut the fucking shit. I leave for six months and you use that as an opportunity to fling ad hominem attacks at me? I happen to put my personal life above the Internet, and everyone else here has respected that, but you apparently don't have enough respect in you to acknowledge even that. I have no clue why you insist to turn every meeting between us into an argument, but if you have shit to fling, do it through a PM so that others won't have to read it you rude bastard. This post would have been a PM if you hadn't forced me to defend myself with your shit flinging tactics. Stop posting these kinds of things. It is rude to everyone else here and shows that you have no regard for forum etiquette. I am taken seriously on these forums by everyone but you, for reasons that are beyond me. You are dragging this age-old conflict of ours too far. Just drop it already and move on. I did a long time ago, before I even left, and it's in the better interests of this community that you do so as well.

This thread has already been derailed enough as it is.

Back on topic ...

Everyone else has been on topic. Only you seem to like changing everything into your own personal vendetta. Just shut up already. I have nothing against you, but you seem to like making it your job to annoy me. I think it's best if we don't address each other in this thread ever again.

And to everyone else in this thread, I apologize. Please continue with whatever you were doing as if you hadn't even seen this.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 09:42:02

At 7/31/06 07:23 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote:
At 7/31/06 06:24 AM, tedJohnston wrote: @ Erkie and Jarrydn

The regular audio forum members are giving their best to search for illegal submission and bring them to light. I really don't know if the "mods" recieve a message or delete these submissions directly if a couple of people [x] the submission because I seen submission that are still on the site even the fact that it has been [x] clicked for several times.

There is no equation between the flash and the audio portal...

I would imagine that the voting power wouldnt be as powerfull as the Flash portal voting. At least not until there are more active members. That way it would take more than mass zero votings to get rid of music. A few audio mods would be needed to weed out the illegal submissions.
theres a chance it could work if its balanced right.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 13:20:07

alright well thx for the info,hope you slove all the problam soon...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 14:08:49

sounds like new york full of trafic

gerbils are overated

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 14:53:32

At 7/30/06 03:26 PM, Funkchiken wrote: So is there an under judgement phase for audio or can anyone just submit any non-stolen shitty file and have it saved to NG?

yeah kinda you can blow a whistle and stuff but.......

the line below is the truth

the line above is a lie

sig by jay11

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 14:57:01

I see your point, dave, we must delete all the clock users before August 15th comes. Hurry we don't have much time!

bang bang this is fun lol

owwww some glass went into my leg

the line below is the truth

the line above is a lie

sig by jay11

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 17:25:51

Man i can't wait to see what changes will happen to the audio portal.

Keep up the good work!

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-01 18:39:53

Doesn't make it any less important. *sigh ... *

The point is, it was missed: we know that, don't have a cow.

What you're fighting is, a missed opportunity, and now you think that's our standard; not to care.

We do care, the proof is in the work you've already seen and will continue to see.

What "six months of inactivity" have led you to is missing how much time we've spent in caring, so don't come along like some new, brash revolutionary.

Let it drop.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-02 05:54:43

At 8/1/06 09:42 AM, MindChamber wrote: I would imagine that the voting power wouldnt be as powerfull as the Flash portal voting. At least not until there are more active members. That way it would take more than mass zero votings to get rid of music. A few audio mods would be needed to weed out the illegal submissions.
theres a chance it could work if its balanced right.

Nope, the voting power is not coupled with your exp. and blam and protection points like in the flash portal. Infact, it's pretty shitty in the audio portal. If you get a zero for your tune you need 5 fives conquer that one zero. Now imagen what happens if a n00b flags you down serveral times. You're going under in the rest of the section even though that you have VERY good stuff. The only thing to get to a decent spot again is to hope that people review and vote you back. Thats how it goes atm.

The experience points should be coupled as well, so that noobs can't vote you down that much, but it's all already mentioned in the suggestion thread on the audio forum. ^^

I wonder which audio mods are really on duty. I mean the only "regular" audio mod I saw in the forum was denvish and sometimes Proteas who only looked some threads. Maybe thinking of changing some mods for the AF?

As for stolen submission...

this tune

is still online and it's been over 2 months since it was discovered and flagged. The original author is my good buddy

Metalcan

I really don't know if the mods don't have the time or something, I really can't judge over that because I hardly see them browsing the audio forum. XD

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-02 10:52:07

At 8/2/06 05:54 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: If you get a zero for your tune you need 5 fives conquer that one zero.

Eh? I don't know where your Math is at, but one 0 vote and five votes of 5 would leave you with a score of 4.16.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-02 15:21:00

At 8/2/06 10:52 AM, liljim wrote:
At 8/2/06 05:54 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: If you get a zero for your tune you need 5 fives conquer that one zero.
Eh? I don't know where your Math is at, but one 0 vote and five votes of 5 would leave you with a score of 4.16.

Just to inform you, this was dicussed on the AF. I just repeated the result and it really takes 5 fives to conquer one zero. If you get a zero at the start that's correct then BUT if you get one or two zero's after that, you need a "shitload" of 5's to get at a decent score again.

The zero's just bombing the scores away if not many people voted on your submission so it would REALLY be better if the voting system was the same as in the flash portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-02 21:27:52

At 8/2/06 03:21 PM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: The zero's just bombing the scores away if not many people voted on your submission so it would REALLY be better if the voting system was the same as in the flash portal.

The voting system in the audio portal is exactly the same as the voting system in the flash portal, the only exception being there's no weighting, when it comes to one user having more of a decision on an entry than any other author (as per experience points or blam/protect points).

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-03 01:11:22

At 7/30/06 03:17 PM, liljim wrote: We're running out of space on the drive that houses the Audio Portal. This isn't something that will affect you visiting the Audio Portal, leaving reviews, etc, but it does mean that we're not able to accept new submissions at the moment.

We could allocate more space to the Audio Portal as an interim measure, but Tim will be replacing what's currently the fileserver with the Netapp 3020 this week, which would kick any downtime and changes as a result of a temporary fix into redundancy.

I thought the portal would fill up soon but this is bullshit.
I think this is a little too soon.
So plz get the net app online asap.
new audio will come in at any moment,
So get it done. thx

fragger1

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-06 17:18:51

Get more hardware to store the data.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-08-08 05:45:51

At 8/2/06 09:27 PM, liljim wrote:
At 8/2/06 03:21 PM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: The zero's just bombing the scores away if not many people voted on your submission so it would REALLY be better if the voting system was the same as in the flash portal.
The voting system in the audio portal is exactly the same as the voting system in the flash portal, the only exception being there's no weighting, when it comes to one user having more of a decision on an entry than any other author (as per experience points or blam/protect points).

Hm...then it would be a good thing if the system in the audio portal could be weigthed as well in some sort. I mean I see very good submission every day and it's sad that they are going into "nowhere" because of some noobs that are voting zero. I can't do much to help keeping such tunes on the top just with my vote. Another problem is that you don't gain any exp. with voting on audio submission.

But those and other problems have already been discussed in

this

which should be an inspiration thread for you admins. Don't know if you seen it by far. ^^

BBS Signature