00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Brp420 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Simpsons Club

231,788 Views | 4,050 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-12 15:10:01

At 6/12/07 01:11 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/12/07 12:55 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Does it disappoint you that the majority of episodes of this show are repeats or are you happy to just be able to watch the show on regular tv still?
I prefer repeats since the majority of the old episodes are excellent. I don't want to watch any episodes from seasons 15 and onwards since those seasons are horrible. However, I'll still watch the movie since it should be good if it has been worked on since about season 1.

I feel the same way really. I just hate it when an episode seems to air more than the rest. Thats the only thing that really annoys me when watching the Simpsons. Some of the episodes are great when seen a few times but after about 20 views, its gets old and ruins an episode.

At 6/12/07 02:55 PM, Seamonky wrote: "I am evil homer! I am evil Homer!" I love that quote for that Homer Simpson game. I believe it was called , Simpsons Hit and Run. Great game by the way. :D

I never played that game but Homer does have some funny quotes. I find many of the old ones to be awesome, even though many of them never caught on. Like the "leader" episode.. "Nun a nun Batman, BATMAN! Leader!" I still find that to be funny eventhough it was somewhat overused when that episode came out.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-15 09:09:16

At 6/12/07 02:55 PM, Seamonky wrote: "I am evil homer! I am evil Homer!" I love that quote for that Homer Simpson game. I believe it was called , Simpsons Hit and Run. Great game by the way. :D

also they used the same song for a different quote that is one of the best.....
"You don't win friends with salad! You don't win friends with salad!" (conga line)

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-15 12:28:16

At 6/15/07 09:09 AM, HairydragonballZ wrote: also they used the same song for a different quote that is one of the best.....
"You don't win friends with salad! You don't win friends with salad!" (conga line)

I remember that song. That song was a plain good classic. XD

I never played that game but Homer does have some funny quotes. I find many of the old ones to be awesome, even though many of them never caught on. Like the "leader" episode.. "Nun a nun Batman, BATMAN! Leader!" I still find that to be funny eventhough it was somewhat overused when that episode came out.

Well, I believe the creators of the Simpson game wanted to make Homer a funny character since he is a funny character in the shows. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-17 09:00:16

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-17 11:27:29

I used to like the Simpsons but the new episodes are just TERRIBLE!!!

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-17 11:59:09

can i join plz

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-18 19:42:26

At 6/17/07 09:00 AM, HairydragonballZ wrote: Simpsons 300

amazing.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-18 22:27:55

Well I guess I can join since no one responded to my post. No worries on it though since I am a good poster and I will do my best to contribute to this club.

So I'm sure it has been mentioned before but what does everything think about the movie coming out? Do you think it will help or hurt the series?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-19 01:32:02

I think the simpsons will rock the world with all the series and the movie so basicly simpsons is the 2nd best thing in the world the 1st is......................................NEWGR OUNDS

SOAPY GOT SHOT.....NOOOOOOO

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-21 16:51:06

At 6/19/07 01:32 AM, wee678wee90 wrote: I think the simpsons will rock the world with all the series and the movie so basicly simpsons is the 2nd best thing in the world the 1st is......................................NEWGR OUNDS

The series is already being shown around the world. I don't know if it will be the second best thing though, maybe the third in my book.

1. My fiance.
2. Newgrounds
3. Possibly Simpsons, that or Smash Bros and thats a hard choice. :/

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-22 11:00:30

At 6/17/07 11:27 AM, jason1000 wrote: I used to like the Simpsons but the new episodes are just TERRIBLE!!!

There's nothing wrong with liking the old episodes and ignoring all the new ones. :)

At 6/19/07 01:32 AM, wee678wee90 wrote: I think the simpsons will rock the world with all the series and the movie

I dunno about the movie. The series is fine enough.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-24 18:51:37

I think the movie is gonna blow, considering the newest episodes were terrible.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-26 18:47:30

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-06-27 03:49:08

At the Cine, they have a display set up with the Simpsons, and Homer, just in statue mode. It's roped off so people don't climb on and take photos. we did anyways. I'm rubbing Homer's Buddah head, for good luck. I've got to find that photo.

At 4/22/09 12:38 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Raped by hongkong. NEXT.

Yeah, that was one champion of a post, wasn't it? -Zerok

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-11 09:59:19

At 6/26/07 06:47 PM, GayForGirls wrote: I found something.

That's a pretty good list, but I wouldn't include Raging Abe Simpson as one of the most touching episodes. I would add And Maggie Makes Three.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-14 04:40:59

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-18 22:15:09

At 7/14/07 04:40 AM, HairydragonballZ wrote: Kwik-E-Mart

Been to one in NY - its really nice...

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-25 17:08:35

God people what the fuck is happening here!

Seriously, normally this thing goes up with 2 pages when I leave for some time, I haven't been here in weeks and only 2-3 posts?

Anyway, I just saw the movie. I'm just back from the theaters!! Oh My Gawd it's epic!
I don't know if I'm allowed to spoil anything, so I won't. But...Marge dies.

First to review! YaY!
Nothing to say except, it was marvelous. It was by far the best movie of 2007.
This seriously made the Simpsons (of the make or brake thing). I was thinking it would be as cheesy and cliche as the new episodes, but it wasn't.
It had new, enlighting jokes, and everything had that entire episode feeling, not like you were watching a movie, but watchin a slightly longer episode.

It had familiar things from the episodes. It had everybody, it even gave hints about things the location of Springfield!
The music was so....so...nothing describes what it was. It also had that drama from the episodes where Marge and Homer always make up at the end, well here they turned it up a bit.
It was epic, it was grandé, it was glorious. And I was happy to see it with a friend who introduced me to the series.
It is something wich should be seen by all.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-25 21:31:09

Fuck the critics. The Simposns movie rocked. it all came together so well and had humour that easily beat the halfassed jokes and overcomplications of the latest series. I loved every minute of it and wished it lasted longer. Family Guy no longer has priority.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-25 21:32:37

At 7/25/07 09:31 PM, Marsupial wrote: Fuck the critics. The Simposns movie rocked. it all came together so well and had humour that easily beat the halfassed jokes and overcomplications of the latest series. I loved every minute of it and wished it lasted longer. Family Guy no longer has priority.

Mars it's out where you live?

In canada it's coming out friday.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-26 07:40:20

At 7/25/07 09:31 PM, Marsupial wrote: Fuck the critics. The Simposns movie rocked. it all came together so well and had humour that easily beat the halfassed jokes and overcomplications of the latest series. I loved every minute of it and wished it lasted longer. Family Guy no longer has priority.

Right you are!
It indeed is a great movie. But, why do the critics actually say it sucked, I mean....okay, it's all hyped up, and yes the whole family drama is in there....but isn't that what the Simpsons was all about?

Don't know if these are spoilers because of the trailers.

Homer and Marge supporting each other in times of need? And at the end they always make up?
It IS a family show. So, I don't get it.

People who break down the film by critic are just wanna-be nerds, and try to be bad ass, and follow the fad of "Oh, the new episodes suck bla bla bla".
It's about hte principle, the love for the show, not about how hyped up it is, or how the show developed from point A to B.
Things change, and people can't handle that.

But I must say, I'm not following season 18 anymore, don't know why though.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-27 01:07:23

At 7/25/07 05:08 PM, GayForGirls wrote: Anyway, I just saw the movie. I'm just back from the theaters!! Oh My Gawd it's epic!
I don't know if I'm allowed to spoil anything, so I won't. But...Marge dies.

Pssh thanks, God this is worse than Harry Potter fans having the movie spoiled for them. Whatever, the show has another season, at least, after this, so I doubt the film would be canonical if indeed Marge dies.

But, how'd you get to see it before it came out?

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-27 10:26:57

Wow, is anyone as impressed with the movie as i am?

It ruled, hard and was really funny... I'll wait till people see it before i say anything more...

The reason why it was so good compared to recent episodes is cause it wasnt written by writers, but by the producers of the show...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-27 10:27:32

SIMPSONS MOVIE OUT 2DAY!!!!!

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-27 21:31:43

At 7/27/07 10:27 AM, technodude79 wrote: SIMPSONS MOVIE OUT 2DAY!!!!!

Yeah it was incredible, go see it...

I saw it at 12:01 the first showing in MD...

Favorite parts (no spoilers):

The Opening Scene
Bart & Skateboard
Otto
The Special Guest at the end.

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-27 21:51:26

At 7/27/07 10:27 AM, technodude79 wrote: SIMPSONS MOVIE OUT 2DAY!!!!!

That Simpson movie does look good. I should go check it out sometime. I mean, there were so many burger king commercials about that movie it wasn't even funny. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-27 22:18:12

Yeah, it world-premiered in Vermont, which is where I live! I find it awesome.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-28 21:50:24

At 7/27/07 01:07 AM, seventy-one wrote: Pssh thanks, God this is worse than Harry Potter fans having the movie spoiled for them. Whatever, the show has another season, at least, after this, so I doubt the film would be canonical if indeed Marge dies.

Dude :P
Chill, it was a joke, parody on the HP hype. Marge doesn't die, why would she? I mean seriously.

It did came out here. ^^
I went to the premier ^^ It was filled with Simpson Fans, it was amazing, I was inbetween my fellow Simpon fan.

I live in Europe, it got out earlier, a dude from the UK also saw it. We beat ya american bastards

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-07-29 00:15:03

At 7/28/07 09:50 PM, GayForGirls wrote:
At 7/27/07 01:07 AM, seventy-one wrote: Pssh thanks, God this is worse than Harry Potter fans having the movie spoiled for them. Whatever, the show has another season, at least, after this, so I doubt the film would be canonical if indeed Marge dies.
Dude :P
Chill, it was a joke, parody on the HP hype. Marge doesn't die, why would she? I mean seriously.

Damn you and your witty practical jokes.

But you could have been more obvious with the parody. Something like:

Burns kills Homer.

It did came out here. ^^
I went to the premier ^^ It was filled with Simpson Fans, it was amazing, I was inbetween my fellow Simpon fan.

I live in Europe, it got out earlier, a dude from the UK also saw it. We beat ya american bastards

Lucky SOB. But I saw it today so, its all good. Loved the movie, though I would rather (SPOILER ALERT) the villain be Mr. Burns or Sideshow Bob, rather than the EPA. It would have been more like the Simpsons. I was also disappointed by the lack of Fat Tony, Sideshow Bob and the small part of Mr. Burns.

But yeah, I can't really complain. It was great. I don't understand some of the critics who didn't like it. I thought the beginning, especially, was amazing and pushed the limits of comedy.

Response to Simpsons Club 2007-08-02 10:33:08