00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Back to Work Woes

14,766 Views | 128 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:37:31

This weekend was the first weekend in a really long time where I completely decompressed from work. I had a Memorial Day party on Saturday and besides a few hours early Saturday morning, I didn't spend any time in the office for three whole days. I hate even referring to NG as work, but it can definitely take its toll.

I get an occasional bout of insomnia and can't sleep all night, which happened last night. It seems to happen even if I'm not thinking about the pressures of the next console game or work that needs to be done around the office. I simply can't sleep sometimes. So to top it all off, I come to the office this morning to find that air conditioning ducts are dripping condensation on the floor in two spots. Right now they are dripping into trashcans while I wait for a call-back from an HVAC company.

So much for my crappy morning... Did everyone else enjoy the three day weekend?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:38:25

At 5/30/06 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: So much for my crappy morning... Did everyone else enjoy the three day weekend?

I had a big, long wank.

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:39:06

i did :D with my arm broken ¬_¬

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:39:15

At 5/30/06 10:38 AM, Mr_Pope wrote:
At 5/30/06 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: So much for my crappy morning... Did everyone else enjoy the three day weekend?
I had a big, long wank.

Amen.

I'm in ur plane, killin ur snakes.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:39:30

Wait you said Hoes?

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:40:12

Well, I have now stopped going to school - starting last Friday. Now I just need to go in for exams and all that jazz.

So yes, I enjoyed it :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:40:13

Not really no, revision sucks.

SCGMD4 is on the way! @scgmd4

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a game is worth a play.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:40:38

I've been on your forums all night because i couldn't sleep, but now I have to stay up all day to get back on time. You should post more in the Flash forum Tom, especially if you can't sleep.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:41:45

No, I didn't enjoned because I have to study >:(

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:42:21

At 5/30/06 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: So to top it all off, I come to the office this morning to find that air conditioning ducts are dripping condensation on the floor in two spots.

Ah, such a gentle welcoming. Atleast they didn't drip down on your computer. XP

Hm, yeah. Or... actually not really. I was sick most of last week. It was although pretty nice to take time off from school and stuff, but I'm stuck with homeworks today.

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:43:21

At 5/30/06 10:40 AM, -Mogly- wrote: I've been on your forums all night because i couldn't sleep, but now I have to stay up all day to get back on time.

Haha, I do that a lot, but I often fail around 1pm and screw myself up even more.

SCGMD4 is on the way! @scgmd4

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a game is worth a play.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:44:54

It's been Bank Holiday weekend over here in the UK. Which means that my 21st Birthday got celebrated fairly well (as did the three or so other people who share birthdays with me at Uni).

Chinese Restaurant on the Saturday, watched X3 on the Sunday, and a tonne of Uni work interupted by two episodes of Prison Break (yeah. We're behind. I know). Fairly good way to ring in 21 years of "damn, where DID my teenage years go?"

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:47:17

Meh, pretty uneventful weekend for me, didn't do much.

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:47:35

Enjoy my three day weekend? I guess I would have if I'd had one. I was stuck at my job the whole time so the only memorial day festivities I got to indulge in were the last 20 minutes of my friend's BBQ after all the food had been eaten and everyone was preparing to go home.

I'm glad everyone else had fun though >:(

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:48:06

I had to work for most of it. I did get yesterday off and spent it with my family.

Sucks about the leak. Hope you get it fixed soon, but hey look on the bright side, at least it wasn't dripping on any of your equipment right?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:49:57

Got hella wasted. Sunburned, and don't know the origin of the hickey on my leg. I'll put it in the win column...until I find out about the hickey. How can NG be work? It's all just fun and games. And leakage.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:58:18

At 5/30/06 10:50 AM, SevenSeize wrote: There's a vitamin you can buy called 5 -HTP. It relaxes you and helps you sleep. If you're insomnia is stress related you may wanna pick some up. I did that same thing this weekend. Slept, drank, chilled out...repeat several times and not neccessarily in that order.

I'm always nervous that if I take pills like that, it will reduce my brain's natural ability to produce serotonin. Sounds tempting, though. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 10:59:16

Over the holiday I had 2 exams - an A-level Enlgish exam on Friday and a Advanced Higher computing exam. If both went alright (as I'm sure they did) I should be in University studying Computer Science in the next few months :)

I think that's worth giving up a holiday for.

To make up for that though I have 2 weeks ioff now till the next exam :D

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:13:13

cheer up tom

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:15:45

I was sick all weekend. And it's only getting worse.

I need to see a doctor so I'm seeing one today.

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:20:22

Wouldn't think working on a site is that much work, but it looks like it is.. And btw I had a 4day weekend :D

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:20:22

At 5/30/06 10:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I'm always nervous that if I take pills like that, it will reduce my brain's natural ability to produce serotonin. Sounds tempting, though. :)

Don't do it! :O
You don't know the secondary effects (i.e. EXPLODING HEAD). So you better watch out.

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:32:08

Didn't do much, felt kinda shitty throughout the weekend seeing as how I slept at around 10(am) on Friday, and woke up at 7(PM) on Saturday. Went to sleep at 6(AM) on Saturday, woke up at 4(PM) on Sunday, and slept at 5(AM) on Sunday, woke up at 10 on Monday. Slept at 1 on Monday, woke up at 3, tv turned off and went to sleep, woke up at 6 and here am.

Friday: Slept at 10 am
Saturday: Woke up at 7:00 PM, slept at 6:AM
Sunday: Woke up at 4:00 PM, slept at 5(AM)
Monday: Woke up at 10(AM), slept at 1(AM)

Woke up at 6(AM) today.

Really lost track of time, no wonder my arms got weaker.

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:33:54

At 5/30/06 10:38 AM, Mr_Pope wrote:
I had a big, long wank.

The greatest first reply ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:37:57

At 5/30/06 11:23 AM, SevenSeize wrote:

I've taken it and I still have my head. :)

That's what they want you to think, they have your brain in a flask where they project flase images, so this may be a scientist that wants you to escape. But it's too late..

I will say I do not take it regularly. I take it a few times a month, and I haven't had any side effects.

See above

Anyway, insomnia can be beaten. Good old fashioned warm milk, a teddy bear, and a bed time story should do the trick...works for me.

I could tell Tom a bedtime story anytime :O

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:41:49

Meh, i had a bout of insomnia last night too. Managed to get to sleep at about 8am til 1pm.

I still feel knackered.

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 11:55:09

I had one of the best BBQ's in awahile for me. We got two full slabs of ribs, burgers, hot dogs, corn, shish kabobs, and a full cooler and fridge of things to drink. We barely even got into the chips and potato salad and such. Finnaly got ine AC in the other day too.

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 12:30:08

I had a sleepover party with tons of friends and played games all night.
I have back to exam woes now.
Only 1 more week.

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 12:35:11

The air conditioning in our house leaked once, all over my PC. It fizzled it, now i have a shin y PC , yay:)

I have a 9m day weekend for the holidays, w0op!

BBS Signature

Response to Back to Work Woes 2006-05-30 12:37:35

At 5/30/06 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: I hate even referring to NG as work, but it can definitely take its toll.

Understood.

So to top it all off, I come to the office this morning to find that air conditioning ducts are dripping condensation on the floor in two spots.

Better the floor than anything electronic.

Meh. Could have been better. The only cool things that occured, was messing around with my older brother. And I just got back from my last day at school, since the teacher released us, due to so many people not being there.

It was fun. :)

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature