00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sword Fighters Guild

19,945 Views | 322 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 19:55:25

Welcome to the Sword Fighters Guild! In here you will tell us what your most favorite type of blade is, ex. katana, wakizashi, tanto, ect. It doesnt all have to be about swords but it Does have to have a blade to it ex. axe, kama, scythe, etc. in order to join, you must tell us your favorite bladed weapon, and why, post pics to help show what kind of weopon your talking about, please no spamming or flaming, and have fun

Ninja-Assassin Comin out Thrashin and Slashin in a disorderly fashion

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 19:59:08

i beat my sword fighter

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 19:59:51

My favorite is the Hanwei Tsunami.

Sword Fighters Guild

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:04:20

this thread is going to get locked now u know that right?

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:07:52

At 5/11/06 08:04 PM, Piemold wrote: this thread is going to get locked now u know that right?

You know saying a thread is going to get locked is a bannable offense?

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:09:25

Check this a shinto katana, the Shinto Katana has a hand-forged 1065 high-carbon steel blade and is differentially tempered using a traditional claying method. This katana is mounted in black and the tsuka is made of premium black Japanese cotton.
the blade length is 27“ handle length is 11 3/4” the overall length is 39 1/2“ and weighs 1lb 14oz the bad thing is that it sells for $800 so start saving up

Sword Fighters Guild

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:11:57

At 5/11/06 08:04 PM, Piemold wrote: this thread is going to get locked now u know that right?

im sorry piemold, but at least i dont make a thread about dogs to compete with a thread about cats, and i definitly dont write unescessary texts just to bump up my threads

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:26:44

My favorites are as follows:
Scimitar
Katana
Kunai

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:30:44

At 5/11/06 08:26 PM, Moose1015 wrote: My favorites are as follows:
Scimitar
Katana
Kunai

omg cannot 4get the scimitars, legendary weopons of india, main weopons of the infamous drizzt do'urden, known in the forgotten realms books, hate them or not

Sword Fighters Guild

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:31:33

At 5/11/06 08:30 PM, Ninja-Assassin wrote:
At 5/11/06 08:26 PM, Moose1015 wrote: My favorites are as follows:
Scimitar
Katana
Kunai
omg cannot 4get the scimitars, legendary weopons of india

They were also used in China too.

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 20:36:34

they did have scimitars but china is known best for thier broadswords, japan for their legendary katana, the 1st country to make a blade out of steel

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 21:05:52

I like Swords.I like Swords. My fav. is The ???.... I forgot but it was said it could reach to the end of the universe. Can I Join?

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-11 22:32:02

At 5/11/06 09:05 PM, Cyan60 wrote: I like Swords.I like Swords. My fav. is The ???.... I forgot but it was said it could reach to the end of the universe. Can I Join?

yea this is free join, all u have to do is follow the rules as given, and there is no sword that can reach the end of the universe, unless it is from an anime or greek mytholigy, but in this club, all weopons no matter how real or fake, as long as it has a blade to it, is aloud to be talked about here

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 15:55:22

Check out this Paul Chen Tiger Katana
Saya are deeply lacquered in black, with inlaid brass bamboo leaves. The ray skin used on the tsuka is of the highest quality, and the tsuka-ito and sageo on all three pieces are woven from best quality Japanese cotton. The Fuchi, Kashira, Kojiri, Koiguchi and Kurigata are all made from blackened bronzed iron, selectively detailed in gold. The Tsuba of the Katana and Wakizashi are made from blackened iron, with a tiger inlaid in brass. The Habaki is of one-piece brass construction. Hand forged in Hanwei. The price is &1700

Sword Fighters Guild

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 16:24:20

Katanas, Tai Chi Style Swords (Dunno if they have a specific name or not), and knightswords are among my favorites. I have a bokuto I practice with sometimes I should practice more though. x.x

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 17:07:12

My favorite sword is either the Bangua, or a spatha (i think) sorry i couldnt find any pics. so am i a member? and are there ranks or something like that?

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 17:34:48

At 5/12/06 05:07 PM, PowerOn wrote: My favorite sword is either the Bangua, or a spatha (i think) sorry i couldnt find any pics. so am i a member? and are there ranks or something like that?

yea its a free join, as long as u follow the rules to the club, and if enough people agree with the ranking style of this club i guess i can figure something out

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 17:42:06

heres an idea...
1st= stick fighter
2nd=student
3rd=apprentice
4th=sword fighter
5th= master swordsman
if you think thats a good idea we could use that unless you wanna do sumthin else.
also feel free to add levels or change their names.

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 20:01:41

O.k It wont let me put any sword pics But I can Tell you when I looked up chicks in chainmail From 8-bit theatre (search it on Ng) I actualy found some books with almost all words. Of Course all of you who expectided to see some "ehem" look up Masamune under images at yahoo.

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 20:07:48

At 5/12/06 05:42 PM, PowerOn wrote: heres an idea...
1st= stick fighter
2nd=student
3rd=apprentice
4th=sword fighter
5th= master swordsman
if you think thats a good idea we could use that unless you wanna do sumthin else.

How bout we go like this judging by both knowledge of swords(skill,knowledge) and level of NG (strength).

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 20:27:39

My favourite is the katana, it is to believed if you use this weapon and do good will with it you have great honur

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 20:38:43

At 5/12/06 08:07 PM, Cyan60 wrote:
At 5/12/06 05:42 PM, PowerOn wrote: heres an idea...
1st= stick fighter
2nd=student
3rd=apprentice
4th=sword fighter
5th= master swordsman
How bout we go like this judging by both knowledge of swords(skill,knowledge) and level of NG (strength).

thats a good idea both of u, ill work on that when i have the time, expect it by 2night no later

At 5/12/06 08:27 PM, Levia wrote: My favourite is the katana, it is to believed if you use this weapon and do good will with it you have great honur

a katana is every ones favorite, personal favorite 2, and u spelled "honor" wrong : )

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 20:42:59

If you think about it the ultimate thing is the power of words able to convince one of extreme power gives you more power with no regret. though 1 with the ultimate power of his mind has no need for power. IF There is both good and bad in everything then If good kills something evil has he not killed something good. Good is the power of mind and evil is the way through the loopholes of knowledge with different intensions. The truth to world peace is but a light year away for most but for me it is a meager mile. Follow these intensions and peace will flow vibrantly. Kindness is but a step away from discoverying the so called "loop holes" some cannot help but fall into one for there are many beliefs that people have but there is a truth of these beliefs. I like swords ................. I like Swords

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 23:15:12

At 5/12/06 08:27 PM, Levia wrote: My favourite is the katana, it is to believed if you use this weapon and do good will with it you have great honur

For the record, many types of Katanas exist. Here are some examples.

Name: Burai-an
Translation: Villainy Hermitage
Description: Plain katana
Sheath: Plain Black

Name: Kotetsu
Translation: Probably refers to the historical swordsmith Nagasone Kotetsu
Description: Plain katana
Sheath: Plain Black

Name: Onibocho
Translation: Demon Kitchen Knife
Description: Plain katana, silver-grey tsuka
Sheath: Silver-grey, with fixings

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 23:35:55

hey, cool idea for a club. i am mostly into hand crafted japanese swords such as katanas, wakizashis, and sakabatos (swords where the blade is on the inside of the curve of the blade, popularized by the anime/manga series rurouni kenshin [total escapist action with little basis in actual sword fighting.]) though i am not exactly phenominal with the swords themselves when it comes to combat, i am ok. i have a few friends in some expensive-as-hell iai-do class, and they teach me much of what they learn. i have a good deal of background knowledgeon the actual crafting of the japanese sword, and prefer a sporadic "cloud" hamon (the nice wavy pattern alone the blade of the weapon that people often mistake for a temper line.) (it's not a temper line because the clay application and cooling process is different from that of tempering.) and... yeah, i know more stuff, i just got tired of typing.

count me in, except i won't visit much because i'm usually grounded from the internet. so count on every other weekend.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-12 23:59:05

Ahhhh so many types of swords masamune, muramasa, Kotetsu, hiroshima, Zenatsuken,oh so many.

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-13 13:41:53

At 5/12/06 11:59 PM, Cyan60 wrote: Ahhhh so many types of swords masamune, muramasa, Kotetsu, hiroshima, Zenatsuken,oh so many.

Hiroshima?

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-13 13:44:27

While I don't have a picture and my favourites is general, my favourite swords are europian double handed swords, like the Zweihander and the Bastard Sword. If I got the names right.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-13 13:46:37

At 5/13/06 01:41 PM, -Switchblade- wrote: Hiroshima?

Sorry another blade of different mith.

Response to Sword Fighters Guild 2006-05-13 13:50:42

At 5/13/06 01:46 PM, Cyan60 wrote:
At 5/13/06 01:41 PM, -Switchblade- wrote: Hiroshima?
Sorry another blade of different mith.

I know, it just has the same name of that city that got bombed a way while back.

BBS Signature