00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SebG9 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bleach Club

146,180 Views | 3,109 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Bleach Club 2006-04-23 11:56:57

This is a club created to discuss the show ‘Bleach’

What is Bleach?

Bleach is a Japanese anime and manga.

What the hell is the show about?

K then - Bleach in a nutshell:

The story is about a 15-year-old guy called Ichigo who can see ghosts.
A “death god” called RUC suddenly appears in Ichigo’s house one night. Her job is to send good ghosts to heaven and kill the bad ghosts.
One of the bad ghosts (they’re called “Hollows”) suddenly attacks Ichigo’s family.
RUC transfers her special powers to Ichigo, allowing him to kill the Hollow and become a death god.

The story basically continues from there, Ichigo kills hollows, but also finds out more about Death Gods and meets new characters in the story.
As the plot progresses, some of Ichigo’s friends find out about the secret supernatural world and discover that they have some sort of hidden powers as they start to see ghosts.

Eventually, there is a giant plot twist as Rukia is captured by other Death Gods for the crimes she has done on Earth. So Ichigo goes to Soul Society (the afterlife kinda) to rescue her. The story basically continues from there.

Where can I find out more about it?

Simply type in Bleach in Google and you will get some sites with info about it, such as Bleachportal and Bleach7

Unfortunately they tend to all be the same :s

Where can I watch it?

You can watch it on Youtube simply by searching: “Bleach Episode” and putting the number of the episode afterwards. (Here's an example.)

Or alternatively, you can watch them on this site: Bleach Archives

There are lots of other sources where you can get them.

As far as I know there isn’t an English Dub

Good thing too, English dubs always suck

What are the rules?

- Standard BBS rules apply, no spamming, in-appropriate stuff etc. I will contact a mod if Noobs, alts and attention seekers constantly break rules.
- Try to refrain from pointless flaming.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURE SPAMMING – it’s annoying, and just makes whoever does it look really lame anyway.
For a definition of picture spamming, it’s posting random pictures after posts that have no connection to what you have said at all – even if it’s about Bleach.
If you say “this guy is cool” and post a picture of him, yes, that’s allowed, but don’t exploit that exception.

Names

If you want, you can give yourself a name of a character from Bleach.

Obviously, if the topic gets very big (perhaps I’m being a bit too over-confident here? :P ), please don’t post on page 30 asking to be <this character> because it’s probably been already taken.
CHECK the thread first.

This club is to discuss anything relating to the anime or manga

Anyway, that’s all I have to say. So, wanna join?

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-23 12:24:26

You've taken your initial club, added more rules, given more info and use a lot more organization. Well done this is a well made club. Good luck and I hope you can get many members. Unfortunately, I've never seen Bleach so I can't join. But best of luck anyway.

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-23 13:17:47

At 4/23/06 12:24 PM, Mortal-Donkey wrote: You've taken your initial club, added more rules, given more info and use a lot more organization. Well done this is a well made club. Good luck and I hope you can get many members. Unfortunately, I've never seen Bleach so I can't join. But best of luck anyway.

actually i haven't made a Bleach club before

and by the way, i gave you some links to where you can actually WATCH Bleach in the first post!

watch it....

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-23 13:19:07

As a fan I must join! I call Hollow Ichigo.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-23 13:44:33

At 4/23/06 01:19 PM, -Transmute- wrote: As a fan I must join! I call Hollow Ichigo.

Nice to see ya here!

If we're doing characters, i will have to be Zangetsu

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-23 17:27:53

Sign me right up. I just hope your club lasts, unlike mine. Perhaps the fact that it has much better organization might help. Dunno.

So anyway, why do you think Bleach is often compared to Naruto? Why do people claim they are similar? And why the hell is it called "Bleach"?

If words were wisdom, I'd be talking even more.

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-23 18:06:30

At 4/23/06 05:27 PM, JackOfShadows wrote:
So anyway, why do you think Bleach is often compared to Naruto?

Because the main characters are headstrong, brave, energetic guys with blondish spikey hair. Stupid people.

Why do people claim they are similar?

Maybe because they are both shown on tv tokyo and it has some of the same voice actors. (Like Ishida and Sasuke.)

And why the hell is it called "Bleach"?

Probably because of the gloomy taint the anime has.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 11:42:13

At 4/23/06 05:27 PM, JackOfShadows wrote:
So anyway, why do you think Bleach is often compared to Naruto?
At 4/23/06 06:06 PM, -Transmute- wrote:
Because the main characters are headstrong, brave, energetic guys with blondish spikey hair. Stupid people.

i'll agree with him

Why do people claim they are similar?

anime, japan, swords, brightly coloured main hero boy, TVtokyo, techniques, fighting schools.
It's still completely different though, which fool would make a comparison?!

And why the hell is it called "Bleach"?
At 4/23/06 06:06 PM, -Transmute- wrote:
Probably because of the gloomy taint the anime has.

i always had it in my head that it was Ichigo's hair, however, i wasn't really definite, and it's genetic O_O

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 13:14:38

At 4/24/06 11:42 AM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: i always had it in my head that it was Ichigo's hair, however, i wasn't really definite, and it's genetic O_O

Or it has something to do with the Hollows, them being a more darker black-and-white side.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 13:33:31

Cool I just started watching Bleach I am on episode 15 can I be Ichigo in his death god form?

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 14:12:08

Very nicely structured club.

Anyway, I have never watched the anime, but I did read the manga. Probably one of the most original action manga in recent years.

Oh, not to be wrong or anything, but not all Hollows are necessarily evil, but become evil from not going into the Soul Society. Their inability to let go of the material world cause a hole to open within them until it gets big enough, turning them into Hollows. Also, best of my knowledge, the only evil Hollows were that one with the bird and Chad, I think his name is, and all the ones that were attracted by the quincy's bait. Both of which I say were awesome. I won't say more for any who have yet to see/read those parts.

Another correction is that the Soul Reapers don't kill the Hollows, but rather cleanse them upon the Hollow's defeat. It is only the truly evil ones, like the bird one, that are destroyed. Very awesome how the Hollow is destroyed, very brutal too.

DeviantART | Youtube

Check em out

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 14:33:37

At 4/24/06 01:14 PM, -Transmute- wrote:
Or it has something to do with the Hollows, them being a more darker black-and-white side.

Maybe it's because the Death Gods cleanse the Hollows?

At 4/24/06 02:12 PM, B1gR3dC4t wrote:
Also, best of my knowledge, the only evil Hollows were that one with the bird and Chad, I think his name is, and all the ones that were attracted by the quincy's bait.

We don't really know anything about the Hollows atracted to Ishida's bait, so we can't say anything about them being evil or not.

I think that any Hollow that can talk was most likely an evil person in life.

It is only the truly evil ones, like the bird one, that are destroyed.

No, they are sent to hell. Souls are never destroyed by a Death God, unless they execute someone, as they were planning to do with Rukia.

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 14:42:09

At 4/24/06 02:33 PM, JackOfShadows wrote:
At 4/24/06 02:12 PM, B1gR3dC4t wrote:
Also, best of my knowledge, the only evil Hollows were that one with the bird and Chad, I think his name is, and all the ones that were attracted by the quincy's bait.
We don't really know anything about the Hollows atracted to Ishida's bait, so we can't say anything about them being evil or not.

I think that any Hollow that can talk was most likely an evil person in life.

It is only the truly evil ones, like the bird one, that are destroyed.
No, they are sent to hell. Souls are never destroyed by a Death God, unless they execute someone, as they were planning to do with Rukia.

Thanks for the corrections. I have a tendency of mixing certain things up from time to time. Afterall, it's been a few weeks since I last read the Manga. Though not all the Hollows were evil, like I think Orihyme's (mispelling) brother or cousing. He wasn't evil.

DeviantART | Youtube

Check em out

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 15:17:21

At 4/24/06 02:33 PM, JackOfShadows wrote:
Souls are never destroyed by a Death God, unless they execute someone, as they were planning to do with Rukia.

if i was a hollow i would let a death god kill me, not a quincy :P

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 15:48:44

Menos Grandes are my favorite Hollows.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 16:09:26

At 4/24/06 03:17 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote:

I agree. Quincies just hunt and destroy Hollows, where as the Soul Reapers just Cleanse them, although in a painful way.

DeviantART | Youtube

Check em out

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 16:19:15

At 4/24/06 04:09 PM, B1gR3dC4t wrote:
I agree. Quincies just hunt and destroy Hollows, where as the Soul Reapers just Cleanse them, although in a painful way.

Orihime's bro didn't seem to have any problems with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 16:33:33

oh, by the way people

please do not reveal spoilers

if it's really important: Then open up MS paint, use the text tool to write out any spoilers, then flip the image horizontally/vertically and attach it. Then people can copy + paste it into paint and flip it so they can read it.

i would rather people do this compared to putting **SPOILER**, writing out the spoiler not even in quotes, and it ends up with you finding out what it was unintentionally anyway.

also, in my "Bleach in a nutshell", it says RUC, what i actually mean is "Rukia" - blame MS word's spellcheck and my ignorance.

that is all for now :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-24 17:41:14

If I were a Hollow I wouldn't let any fucker get anywhere near my mask with a sword. And any Quincy within a million miles would be killed in his sleep. So I guess I just wouldn't let anyone kill me.

Heck, I'd make a great Hollow. First, I wouldn't terorize non-ghost. Messing with them just creates more work for the Death Gods (someone has to erase all the memories), and that's not nice. Second, I would only eat souls that help no one, that way no one will mind. Third, I would cooperate with the Death Gods, earn their trust, become a squad captain or something. That way I Death Gods won't be a threat as I slowly rise in power and take over Hueco Mundo.

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-25 12:34:38

At 4/24/06 05:41 PM, JackOfShadows wrote: Heck, I'd make a great Hollow. First, I wouldn't terorize non-ghost. Messing with them just creates more work for the Death Gods (someone has to erase all the memories), and that's not nice. Second, I would only eat souls that help no one, that way no one will mind. Third, I would cooperate with the Death Gods, earn their trust, become a squad captain or something. That way I Death Gods won't be a threat as I slowly rise in power and take over Hueco Mundo.

Hollows have only a mind of their own if they are truly evil, which you aren't because you tend to help people. And there will always be captains who despise you/all Hollows.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-25 13:10:56

At 4/24/06 03:48 PM, -Transmute- wrote: Menos Grandes are my favorite Hollows.

that first menos grande looked really....un threatening

it was like a cute version of the grim reaper

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-25 13:12:29

At 4/25/06 01:10 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote:
At 4/24/06 03:48 PM, -Transmute- wrote: Menos Grandes are my favorite Hollows.
that first menos grande looked really....un threatening

it was like a cute version of the grim reaper

The ones saving Gin, Tousen and Aizen looked scary enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-25 16:25:48

At 4/25/06 01:12 PM, -Transmute- wrote:
The ones saving Gin, Tousen and Aizen looked scary enough.

i hardly call trying to devour souls "saving".

I thought those hollows were just very big, not menos grande - it was never mentiond that they were Menos.
Besides, the hollow bait menos was much bigger.

who knows! they were pretty freaky anyway...

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-25 17:20:29

At 4/25/06 04:25 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote:
At 4/25/06 01:12 PM, -Transmute- wrote: The ones saving Gin, Tousen and Aizen looked scary enough.

They were saved by the light-barrier, otherwise they would have been killed by Soul Society.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-25 22:45:47

this seems like a cool club can i be Ishida he's the man

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-26 09:07:52

At 4/25/06 04:25 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote:

Yeah, the Menos weren't trying to devour Gin, Aizen and Tousen. They were actualy saving their buddies. The Commabder in General said that Menos use this light to save their friends.

I thought those hollows were just very big, not menos grande - it was never mentiond that they were Menos.

The Commander in General of the Thirteen squads said that this light they used is used by Menos Grande. Besides, Soi Fong exclaimed "Menos Grande" when the big hollows appeared.

Besides, the hollow bait menos was much bigger.

How can you tell?

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-26 17:27:01

I wonder why Renji treats Ichigo like everyone weaker than himself, because Ichigo is like stronger than most of the Captains.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-26 17:56:00

At 4/26/06 05:27 PM, -Transmute- wrote: I wonder why Renji treats Ichigo like everyone weaker than himself, because Ichigo is like stronger than most of the Captains.

Renji is trying to make up for the fact that Ichigo kicked his butt by bad mouthing him. And then kicked Byakuya's but, after Byakuya nearly killed Renji. And managed to save Rukia, despite what Renji thought. And beat the crap out of three lieutenants. And beat Renji back in the real world without even knowing his soul slayer's name. And pretty much managed to surpass Renji in every way.

Is it just me, or is the worst of Naruto's filler archs much better then the Bleach current one? It's the pinnacle of plot-holeness.

First, everyone has suddenly gone stupid. Ichigo and Renji don't use any strong attacks. Ichigo is just swinging his sword, Renji releases his sword and swings it around, hoping to hit something.

No one ever thought of attacking the two bottle caps inside those water bubbles. It's the very first thing that should come to a person's mind. Even Ishida is too stupid in the filler to figure anything out.

When Chad and Orihime were caught by those Bounto twins, after escaping with Ishida, why the hell didn't Chad just kill the twins? He had the perfect opportunity, since his attacks were finaly doing some damage. Instead he ran away, despite all the courage he ussualy displays.

When Chad attacked them one of the twins cried "Ban, stay near me!" After Ban jumped aside, their water dolls suddenly lost their powers. Is it not clear that the twins should get seperated in order to beat them? Still, Chad and Orihime never understood anything.

After the incindent with Chad, Ichigo, despite seeing nothing of the incident suddenly understood everything Chad should have. What the fuck? He's telepathic now? He simply didn't have enough facts to build a valid battle strategy on. Well, he did, but the only strategy he should have been able to think of was attacking the damn bottle caps.

Why the hell are the Modiffied Souls inside those animals? They would help a lot if they could fight. Istead they are nearly pointless.

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-26 18:20:01

And heck, vampires. Original idea my ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Bleach Club 2006-04-28 13:24:03

What would you do if you heard that an english dub of Bleach was coming?

BBS Signature