00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

*ZELDA CLUB*

250,165 Views | 4,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-08-26 18:48:57

At 8/26/10 07:15 AM, Auz wrote:
At 8/23/10 09:19 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
Also, I'm psyched about the Ocarina of Time 3DS remake. It could possibly be the greatest handheld game of all time. My friend (who loves Zelda too) and I might camp out to buy a 3DS while we anticipate Ocarina of Time.
Well it is a remake, so I don't know if it is fair to consider it for greatest handheld game of all time. It'd be nice if they added all kinds of extras to it, like bonus dungeons and such.

Better graphics would be nice too. I'm sure the 3DS is capable of both 128-bit graphics and decent gameplay at the same time.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-08-26 19:14:17

At 8/26/10 05:17 PM, llarss wrote: count me in!

Alright!

At 8/26/10 05:19 PM, llarss wrote: hello, forget this

What the hell is that? 0.0

At 8/26/10 06:48 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
At 8/26/10 07:15 AM, Auz wrote: Well it is a remake, so I don't know if it is fair to consider it for greatest handheld game of all time. It'd be nice if they added all kinds of extras to it, like bonus dungeons and such.
Better graphics would be nice too. I'm sure the 3DS is capable of both 128-bit graphics and decent gameplay at the same time.

Yeah I saw the graphics got an update too (pic 1, pic 2). Not sure if it is such a super huge difference, but the world does a little bit brighter and more detailed on the pics.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-08-26 21:37:51

At 8/26/10 07:14 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah I saw the graphics got an update too (pic 1, pic 2). Not sure if it is such a super huge difference, but the world does a little bit brighter and more detailed on the pics.

Pic 1 is inaccessible for me, but pic 2 is pretty impressive. I'm glad they made Link look more like the concept drawings for the game.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-08-26 21:50:25

i'll join up, i LOVE zelda, OoT was the first game i ever played, MM is my favorite zelda game, due massively because it has so much side-questing goodness

i like WW aswell, mostly because it has that feel of adventure the first time you play it, because you never no what island your heading near

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!

My flash games and movies!

Huzzah!

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-08-27 06:45:29

count me in!
Alright!

At 8/26/10 05:19 PM, llarss wrote: hello, forget this

lol i photoshoped link

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-08-27 07:59:28

At 8/26/10 09:37 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
At 8/26/10 07:14 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah I saw the graphics got an update too (pic 1, pic 2). Not sure if it is such a super huge difference, but the world does a little bit brighter and more detailed on the pics.
Pic 1 is inaccessible for me, but pic 2 is pretty impressive. I'm glad they made Link look more like the concept drawings for the game.

Oh hmm I think the link worked yesterday but now it doesn't work for me either. It was just a pic of Link and Epona jumping over a stone wall in Hyrule field. If you search for the game with google though, you can find lots of pics like that.

Anyway, yeah I like Links upgraded look.

At 8/26/10 09:50 PM, deathofghosts wrote: i'll join up, i LOVE zelda, OoT was the first game i ever played, MM is my favorite zelda game, due massively because it has so much side-questing goodness

i like WW aswell, mostly because it has that feel of adventure the first time you play it, because you never no what island your heading near

Alright, welcome.

I loved MM too. Probably my favorite Zelda game due to what you stated and the time concept which was very interesting.

I kinda liked WW as well, but it was a little too easy in my opinion.

At 8/27/10 06:45 AM, llarss wrote:
At 8/26/10 05:19 PM, llarss wrote:
lol i photoshoped link

I see. And you gave him an assault rifle 0.0

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-10-27 05:24:32

Soooo what does everyone think about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

I'm actually OK with the graphics and gameplay looks pretty good with Wii motion+ but the concept of link in the sky? HMMMM

When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-10-27 14:53:23

At 10/27/10 05:24 AM, zeldakid97 wrote: Soooo what does everyone think about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

I'm actually OK with the graphics and gameplay looks pretty good with Wii motion+ but the concept of link in the sky? HMMMM

I haven't heard much of it so far. All I've seen is the trailer and that made it look pretty good to me. I did like the graphics and the controls looked interesting as well.

I don't know about that Link in the sky thing, but it sounds alright to me.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-10-27 20:18:07

At 10/27/10 05:24 AM, zeldakid97 wrote: Soooo what does everyone think about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

Hoo boy, I'm so drooling.
The weapons look awesome, the gameplay is what I'm used to(ish) and the graphics are stellar as always.

Now to figure out where the fanservice is hidden...

And even though it's a slight stylistic change, Akira Sasanuma still has the voice. I'm glad for that.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-10-29 04:37:32

At 10/27/10 08:18 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:

Hoo boy, I'm so drooling.
The weapons look awesome, the gameplay is what I'm used to(ish) and the graphics are stellar as always.

What you're used to? I thought the gameplay was gonna be way different from other Zelda games considering they're gonna use the Wii motion+ and all.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-10-29 22:31:16

At 10/29/10 07:59 PM, stick101 wrote: Speaking of Skyward sword i love what they did with the graphics, It's like Twilight princess and Wind Waker combined.

Holy shit, I know!! Everyone was split and divided about the old style and the cartoon style for a while, and it got ugly. Now, we have the best of both worlds beautifully rendered. It looks AMAZING. I read the preview article on it in an issue of Game Informer at work and I was trying not to jizz in my pants.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-10-30 05:02:36

At 10/29/10 07:59 PM, stick101 wrote: Oh Zelda Club!

Can i join?

Of course!

Can't wait for Skyward sword and the DS remake of Ocarina. If they remake Ocarina for the 3DS i hope they also do Majoras Mask.

That would be great. I just hope they will add some extra stuff in the game to make it more interesting for those who have already completed OoT numerous times already.

Speaking of Skyward sword i love what they did with the graphics, It's like Twilight princess and Wind Waker combined.

Indeed, and I like it too. With a mix of TP and WW graphics, it seems to come closer to the N64 style as well where it wasn't entirely cartoon-y but not entirely realistic either.

It's also good too see ( In one of the trailers ) That bombs actually roll now, It used to annoy me how they stayed put on slopes.

I got a feeling that that might start to annoy you if you're used to them not rolling :p

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2010-10-30 10:28:08

Woo, LoZ. I guess I'll join.
My favorite game so far is the original.

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-02-26 06:47:42

Joining!

So yeah, started playing OoT again when I came across this guy:
http://wolfos.org/images/IMAG0084.jpeg

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-02-26 15:07:58

At 10/30/10 10:28 AM, JabberWocky wrote: Woo, LoZ. I guess I'll join.
My favorite game so far is the original.

That's something I've rarely heard. The majority of the Zelda fans seem to have games of the era ALTTP or later as their favorites.

At 2/26/11 06:47 AM, Wolfos wrote: Joining!

So yeah, started playing OoT again when I came across this guy:
http://wolfos.org/images/IMAG0084.jpeg

What a coincidence :p

At 2/26/11 08:35 AM, tyler2513 wrote: I recently beat the first two LOZ games on my NES.

I'll have to go through them as well someday.

But first I must finish my run through A Link To The Past.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-02-26 16:06:05

Why can you only bottle the pink fairies...

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-07-18 08:08:33

At 7/17/11 08:32 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Hey guys anyone excited for the upcoming Skyward Sword? Just a few more months to bad it's yet ANOTHER prequel.

A prequel? To what? In the way that Ocarina of Time is a prequel to Majora's Mask?

I haven't heard much of Skyward Swords plot yet.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-07-20 09:48:34

Another Fan of Zelda here!

Count me, too!

A lot of time ago, when I was a little child, I was playing Zelda for Supernintendo. I was so confused with a chamber. Then, in my dreams, I saw how to resolve this!

O.o

It's a real story! hehehe...

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-07-23 15:54:23

I recently beat Wind Waker. Stabbing Gannondorf in the forehead with Toon Link felt incredibly satisfying. :D

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-07-24 16:25:19

i bought twilight princess again after so many years and after 41 hours im already at hyrule castle

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-08-01 22:13:34

At 7/23/11 03:54 PM, ZJ wrote: I recently beat Wind Waker. Stabbing Gannondorf in the forehead with Toon Link felt incredibly satisfying. :D

I'm thinking about starting Twilight Princess back up again, but I don't want to waste too much of my life on it. Does anyone know a good estimate of how long it'll take me to beat the game? I'd probably stay away from sidequests at this point in my life, since I'm about to start college...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-08-02 07:07:01

At 7/20/11 09:48 AM, z017 wrote: Another Fan of Zelda here!

Count me, too!

Sure. Welcome to the club.

At 7/23/11 03:54 PM, ZJ wrote: I recently beat Wind Waker. Stabbing Gannondorf in the forehead with Toon Link felt incredibly satisfying. :D

Probably one of the most bad-ass moments in Zelda :p

At 7/24/11 04:25 PM, ghostxero wrote: i bought twilight princess again after so many years and after 41 hours im already at hyrule castle

It took me less time to beat, but I don't know if you did all the sidequests first before you go in there.

At 8/1/11 10:13 PM, ZJ wrote:
I'm thinking about starting Twilight Princess back up again, but I don't want to waste too much of my life on it. Does anyone know a good estimate of how long it'll take me to beat the game? I'd probably stay away from sidequests at this point in my life, since I'm about to start college...

If you already know how to beat it than 15-20 hours should be enough, especially if you plan on ignoring sidequests. I think that's about how long it took me on my second run.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-08-02 07:30:44

At 2/26/11 03:07 PM, Auz wrote:
At 2/26/11 08:35 AM, tyler2513 wrote: I recently beat the first two LOZ games on my NES.
I'll have to go through them as well someday.

But first I must finish my run through A Link To The Past.

If you don't own a SNES, then getting ALTTP on GBA is your best bet, Auz. Well at least it was for me. The game was fantastic and I beat it multiple times. It isn't super long, but the process of beating it is satisfying.

Oh yeah. I want to join :P

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-08-18 16:49:05

just got my hands on some legend of zelda games. I have never played ocarina of time. Should I play that one first, or just play ocarina of time: master quest?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-08-20 10:46:35

At 8/2/11 07:30 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 2/26/11 03:07 PM, Auz wrote: But first I must finish my run through A Link To The Past.
If you don't own a SNES, then getting ALTTP on GBA is your best bet, Auz. Well at least it was for me. The game was fantastic and I beat it multiple times. It isn't super long, but the process of beating it is satisfying.

Yeah I guess. Perhaps I'll go look for it at a retro gaming shop.

At 8/3/11 10:08 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I'm hoping to someday soon have a complete collection of The Legend Of Zelda games. The only console LOZ games I do not currently own are A Link To The Past, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. I really want to get Skyward Sword the gameplay seems similar to both Majora's Mask and Ocarina Of Time. Although I beat The Legend Of Zelda I have yet to fully complete Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link.

Well Skyward Sword isn't even out yet so heh.

Also I have created an unbelievable Retro Gaming setup in my spare room so far I only got one LOZ poster of Ocarina Of Time 3D but I'm hoping to get some more in there.

A Majora's Mask poster would be pretty sweet I think.

At 8/18/11 04:49 PM, tally1989 wrote: just got my hands on some legend of zelda games. I have never played ocarina of time. Should I play that one first, or just play ocarina of time: master quest?

I would first play Ocarina of Time and then play Master Quest if I were you. I think you'll appreciate both games more if you play them in that order. Master Quest is definitely a tad more difficult than the orginal.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-09-11 18:12:19

At 8/18/11 04:49 PM, tally1989 wrote: just got my hands on some legend of zelda games. I have never played ocarina of time. Should I play that one first, or just play ocarina of time: master quest?

Master Quest is much harder than the original. Considering neither have the improvements for aiming, iron boots, etc..., play the original Oot first.

Though the 3ds master quest is a lot more satisfying...

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-09-12 02:12:42

At 9/11/11 06:12 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
Master Quest is much harder than the original. Considering neither have the improvements for aiming, iron boots, etc..., play the original Oot first.

Is the 3DS Master Quest any different from the Gamecube one?

Aiming wasn't that big of a problem in the original nor in Master Quest, but switching boots was kind of annoying in the Water Temple considering you had to go through the Start screen all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-09-12 02:15:48

If the story is completely the same, I'm just going to play ocarina of time. I mostly play the zelda games for the story, and not for the dungeons.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-09-19 19:40:10

At 9/12/11 02:15 AM, tally1989 wrote:

If the story is completely the same, I'm just going to play ocarina of time. I mostly play the zelda games for the story, and not for the dungeons.

Strange, I'm the opposite of you.

@Auz, the 3ds version is much much better thnks to the iron boots and the gyroscopic (only motion controls i like) aiming.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2011-09-20 12:09:50

At 9/12/11 02:15 AM, tally1989 wrote:
At 9/11/11 06:12 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Master Quest is much harder than the original. Considering neither have the improvements for aiming, iron boots, etc..., play the original Oot first.

Personally I think the exploring aspect is the most fun in Zelda games.

At 9/19/11 07:40 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: @Auz, the 3ds version is much much better thnks to the iron boots and the gyroscopic (only motion controls i like) aiming.

Alright, but the puzzles and everything are no different then.

BBS Signature