00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of January, AH on GBA!

15,920 Views | 143 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 16:39:58

I see one of the pictures from the developers diary's, and I see Dan showing off a neat ass sketch of some level..

then I look on the dry erase boards.. and I can't read much.. and I see LEVELS.. and below it... it says 40, and then something in parenthis

...... OMG!.. 40 levels....... awesomeness

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 16:42:06

At 1/25/06 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/25/06 03:54 PM, Nino_JoJ wrote: As the new GG layout, can you tell us how will now look the "Vote For The Best on January 2006", Tom ?
I'm expecting it to be very obvious, but I'll post a screenshot eventually. :)

Huge red link on the same horizontal location as the profile picture I bet.

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:06:04

You made a mistake with the topic title.

Anyways, I've heard of the GBA version of that game in my CartoonNetwork magazine from England my Yaya always sends me!

Why is it only in the UK though?

What the hell are YOU staring at?!- Duckman

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:14:20

At 1/25/06 05:06 PM, JacksonHSR wrote: You made a mistake with the topic title.

Anyways, I've heard of the GBA version of that game in my CartoonNetwork magazine from England my Yaya always sends me!

Why is it only in the UK though?

He said it himself, he loves the publishing company. :)

And he FIXED THE TOPIC TITLE, I didn't know they could do that.

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:18:34

At 1/25/06 05:14 PM, RupeeClock wrote: And he FIXED THE TOPIC TITLE, I didn't know they could do that.

James had to do it in the database. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:19:16

At 1/25/06 05:18 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/25/06 05:14 PM, RupeeClock wrote: And he FIXED THE TOPIC TITLE, I didn't know they could do that.
James had to do it in the database. :)

That's cheating. >:(

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:19:36

yea, lookie me postin. i probably should be workin on my flash. who else must keep young minds sharp with kirby vs meta knight part 2: sword of darkness. oh yeah, AH on GBA. it's like a portable newgrounds. who needs that psp with internet anymore. All eyes needs iss ma AH on GBA.

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:25:12

Wow that sounds cool.

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:29:11

dude tom, i cant even find AH in my state, on any consol. Can you send some my way? ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:36:39

Coolz!

I really want to be on the panel of top users this month, there are a few submissions that i really want to vote for. I also cant wait for a GBA version of AH on the GBA, the GCN, PS2 versions were good of course, but i have a feeling without seeing any gameplay footage from the GBA version that this one could be even better, simple because the gameplay suits it even better. Well if it does come out in Canada and the US, and it isnt a total bomb (i doubt it will be:P), i will definitely pick myself up a copy!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:37:02

At 1/25/06 05:29 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: dude tom, i cant even find AH in my state, on any consol. Can you send some my way? ^^

order online

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:38:09

How long till the new GG gets NG-furbished

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:42:24

At 1/25/06 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: the new Sony Walkman

Shit, that's a proper sweet prize. :O

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:49:44

At 1/25/06 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also, some exciting news... Alien Hominid is coming out for the Gameboy Advance on February 3rd - IN THE UK ONLY!

NO!!! I can't bear the suspense much longer. Must.....get.....AH.....on.....GBA.....

I urge everyone in the UK to buy a copy, because the GBA version of AH kicks ass and we want to support Zoo as much as possible!

Must try to port!

The gang from San Diego came out to visit last week. Check out the Developer Diary on the Behemoth website to see some behind-the-scenes shots! We were wrapping up the massive design doc for our next game, to get official approval for individual consoles.

Can't wait for that.
:)

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:52:36

i cant wait for it to come out in US!!!!

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 17:56:10

Just a question (since I might import AH on GBA): Can you play UK gameboy advance games on a USA gameboy advance?

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:07:02

Hoooray. Alien Homind on my fav console :) Great news, Tom ! Conrats, pal. Is there are any screenshots from the game ? I would love to see some

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:15:13

finally something i can actually buy!

I mean, the GC one is 40 bucks on Fry's, so... GBA is bound to be cheaper i guess. :D!

Awesome!

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:33:34

not ANOTHER AH plug. there goes your new years resolution Tom.

P.S. cool photos of the planning process on that other game.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:44:13

At 1/25/06 03:47 PM, onnet092 wrote: Wonder if this would work. I would as i live in england purchase a certain amount of copies ah for gba then sell them to you americans for there exact worth through ebay or something. Anyone interested?

I think asking "Anyone interested?" is the equivalent of asking "Do we need oxygen to survive?"

Needless to say, methinks some industrious Brits are going to be making quite the profit on eBay.

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:49:48

I think "PALADIN Episode 4" and "Bankomat" will win. That's for sure!

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:49:50

At 1/25/06 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Walkman is meant for people in the UK, so anyone else won't be able to plug it in to an outlet to charge it.

Not true - you can pick up one of those multi-adaptors that have changeable male sockets for them, reversable pole on the male socket (minus in the centre and positive on the outside and vice versa) and most importantly, changeable voltage. That's the biggie, given that the UK's power outlets are generally in the region of 240V and are three pin plugs, whilst the US has, I think 130V power outlets.... And two pin plugs.

None of that matters, though, if you get the right adaptor. Those adaptors usually have the detail of the power supply and which part of the male socket should be positively charged and which should be negatively charged. So, you should be able to walk into any electrical store and give them the DC Voltage that the adaptor you're after should be and draw them a diagram of what's on the side of the connecting socket or on the top of the adaptor and they should be able to provide you with a US based equivelant multi-adaptor (with changeable socket sizes), just in case you want to go travelling and can't take the computer with you, or something!

I've attached a picture of what the diagrams on the side of the adaptor might look like...

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:55:21

At 1/25/06 06:49 PM, liljim wrote: Stuff.

Alternatively, you could just walk into a sony store and ask for a replacement adaptor for the unit, which will set you back a few bucks - but you can take that out of your winnings. :) Main point being, that a multi-adaptor may be cheaper and you can use it for most if not all of your other equipment. :)

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 18:58:33

At 1/25/06 06:55 PM, liljim wrote:
At 1/25/06 06:49 PM, liljim wrote: Stuff.
Alternatively, you could just walk into a sony store and ask for a replacement adaptor for the unit, which will set you back a few bucks - but you can take that out of your winnings. :) Main point being, that a multi-adaptor may be cheaper and you can use it for most if not all of your other equipment. :)

You double posted?

Why didn't you use your magic server powers and edit things again. :(

Still, adapters aren't hard to figure out, I have a Japanese DS but use an English charger.

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 19:57:45

When is AH coming out in the U.S.? I want that game so badly!

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 19:57:56

Very good news, Tom. Especially the GBA part. I'm getting my copy when it reaches the USA.

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 20:03:40

AH on DS would have been awesome with multiplayer

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 20:25:47

At 1/25/06 03:42 PM, Inglor wrote: an online paypal AH store shipping worldwide would be much appreciated

Don't get your hopes up, you'll have to have a GBA from the UK also.

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 20:51:14

Well, I've been going through a bit of a financial slump, but I should finally be getting AH for the PS2 soon. As per the GBA version, I doubt I'll have the patience to wait for a US release. I've finally got some fucking money, and I want my Alien Hominid NOW.

On a side note, I'm still drooling over the buzz I've been hearing about the new console game your working on. Anything Cadash related gets me wet. :D

Response to Best of January, AH on GBA! 2006-01-25 20:54:40

a little earlie to tell about the january voting aint it?, anyway good news about AH