00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xomberus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,021,672 Views | 60,859 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 09:59:14

At 10/31/06 09:31 AM, pepeatumi wrote: So, how's everyone else liking the feature with the voting panel?

Nifty. It gets boring, when you have to wait for the voting bar to load on a 6,000+ Kb submission. :\

It may only be for today, but I'm still enjoying it.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 10:41:51

At 10/31/06 09:31 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 10/31/06 06:04 AM, Phantom wrote:
If you do get to vote on a UJ movie twice, and you vote the same, and it will be true, will you still only get one point? too lazy to find out myself.
Unfortunately, you only get one point. So, how's everyone else liking the feature with the voting panel? Now it only takes a couple of seconds to vote on movies despite their file size.

Good, I thought that was only me. I like it and all but some of them go by way too fast like the 100 file sizes and down. Overall, I like it. Also, It's Halloween! I'm oretty sure I'm going from 6 to probably midnight. Hope all of you guys have some fun out there!

Fuck school!

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 11:32:20

At 10/31/06 09:31 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 10/31/06 06:04 AM, Phantom wrote:
If you do get to vote on a UJ movie twice, and you vote the same, and it will be true, will you still only get one point? too lazy to find out myself.
Unfortunately, you only get one point. So, how's everyone else liking the feature with the voting panel? Now it only takes a couple of seconds to vote on movies despite their file size.

The new timing on the voting panel certainly makes things easier- just like the good old days! I did eventually get my rank up yesterday, so I am now Elite Guard Lieutenant Colonel- woo!

In reference to voting twice on the same movie, there was another possibility I thought of yesterday. What if you voted differently the second time round? Say you gave it a 1 the first time and a 2 the second- would you get a point whatever the outcome of the flash? Although I tried not to do that (it seems a bit morally questionable) I'm sure there were at least one or two movies that I voted on differently the second time around- tiredness always increases my willingness to blam rather than protect.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 11:50:37

At 10/30/06 05:07 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Maybe you do have a gf in real life. (I believe you.)

That's a start

But how can you prove that the account is hers. There is still a good chance that you faked her "account."

Really the only proof I can give is a link to her Gaia Online Profile.

Asides from that, not much. I think overall it is hard to prove something like this, whether it be fake or not.

Believe what you want.

At 10/30/06 09:13 PM, dave wrote: I PMed ramagi about locking the Police HQ, I'll tell you more on that later.

Wait, What? Do explain.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 11:53:26

At 10/31/06 11:32 AM, Donthurtme wrote: In reference to voting twice on the same movie, there was another possibility I thought of yesterday. What if you voted differently the second time round? Say you gave it a 1 the first time and a 2 the second- would you get a point whatever the outcome of the flash? Although I tried not to do that (it seems a bit morally questionable) I'm sure there were at least one or two movies that I voted on differently the second time around- tiredness always increases my willingness to blam rather than protect.

Now that is a question... I really don't know that one, I assume the first one will take place, but what if it's not, it's a question the admins should really answer, I wonder if any user knows it...

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 12:08:31

At 10/31/06 11:53 AM, Phantom wrote:
Now that is a question... I really don't know that one, I assume the first one will take place, but what if it's not, it's a question the admins should really answer, I wonder if any user knows it...

Yout get the first point only. I've tried it on numerous occasion and trust me, you ge the first point.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 12:29:21

At 10/31/06 12:08 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Yout get the first point only. I've tried it on numerous occasion and trust me, you ge the first point.

Even if, the first vote was a blam, the second, a save, and it got saved?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 13:22:50

At 10/31/06 12:29 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 10/31/06 12:08 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Yout get the first point only. I've tried it on numerous occasion and trust me, you ge the first point.
Even if, the first vote was a blam, the second, a save, and it got saved?

If that happens you get no points, because you voted to blam the movie the first time around.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 14:49:46

At 10/31/06 01:22 PM, pepeatumi wrote: If that happens you get no points, because you voted to blam the movie the first time around.

So technically, there is no point in a second voting unless you want to help speed things up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 15:14:38

At 10/31/06 02:49 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 10/31/06 01:22 PM, pepeatumi wrote: If that happens you get no points, because you voted to blam the movie the first time around.
So technically, there is no point in a second voting unless you want to help speed things up.

Exactly. It affects the score and the number of votes needed to pass UJ, but it doesn't affect anything that has to do with BP.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 17:18:34

I do not know what happened. But I got a review ban. I have read through all my reviews and there is no way that I left any abusive reviews. Also, knowing the NG users, some of them have the habbit of marking abusive reviews on everything they see. I could be the victim of that situation. Now I am very upset as my account could be deleted as the result. What can I do now?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 20:49:08

At 10/31/06 05:18 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Also, knowing the NG users, some of them have the habbit of marking abusive reviews on everything they see. I could be the victim of that situation. Now I am very upset as my account could be deleted as the result.

Ever since the whistle system update, everyone has been flagging almost everything...but if you were review banned, it wasn't because of careless members. Review mods check out every flagged review and delete it if it was indeed abusive, but if it wasn't, they clear it.
And don't worry, your account won't be deleted because of a review ban.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-10-31 23:28:02

At 10/31/06 05:18 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: I do not know what happened. But I got a review ban. I have read through all my reviews and there is no way that I left any abusive reviews. Also, knowing the NG users, some of them have the habbit of marking abusive reviews on everything they see. I could be the victim of that situation. Now I am very upset as my account could be deleted as the result. What can I do now?

you must have left an abusive review within 90 days that warrent you for a review ban. also when you get a review ban a review mod gives you a PM of what review banned you and how it broke the rules so. But as for your review being deleted you can thanks wade's changing the whistle system for that. The Whistle system used to be like the EXP system but since it has been changed to be like the B/P system people are digging up abuse reviews trying to get the Deity whistle.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 00:16:33

October's over. :[

But now we have the joys of November upon us. The Wii finally get released, it's Wade's berfday this month, and we're getting closer to release of the new layout.

:D

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 01:09:00

At 11/1/06 12:16 AM, Tannerite wrote: October's over. :[

But now we have the joys of November upon us. The Wii finally get released, it's Wade's berfday this month, and we're getting closer to release of the new layout.

so what day is wade's birthday? I want to know so I can be the first to make a Birthday thread for him. as for the Layout For the love of god No! :'( now I will never go through levels 14,15, or 16.

Oh on a matter altogether different who here like Taboo?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 05:29:56

At 11/1/06 01:09 AM, LittleWashu wrote: so what day is wade's birthday? I want to know so I can be the first to make a Birthday thread for him. as for the Layout For the love of god No! :'( now I will never go through levels 14,15, or 16.

hahah I might still get level 14 and wear the pipe for a few days! On a less bright note I see I missed Daily Day >:( That shall not happen again.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 05:57:37

Alright, for those of who didn't know, I recently (today) underwent surgery, so my presence may seem a bit lacking though I'm still here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 06:30:30

At 11/1/06 05:57 AM, Phantom wrote: Alright, for those of who didn't know, I recently (today) underwent surgery, so my presence may seem a bit lacking though I'm still here.

Really? What was the operation's purpose?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 06:49:41

At 11/1/06 06:30 AM, Casualty wrote: Really? What was the operation's purpose?

Removing a large Cyst on my left wrist.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 13:14:31

At 11/1/06 06:49 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 11/1/06 06:30 AM, Casualty wrote: Really? What was the operation's purpose?
Removing a large Cyst on my left wrist.

Hmm.. I hope you get better (or you already are).

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 13:31:34

At 10/31/06 01:50 AM, Donthurtme wrote:
As nobody else seems to be around I guess I'll field this one. You need to be an Elite Guard in Blam and Protect rank to join this club, although bad posting habits may still be cause for rejection. Read the FAQ for more details. Now is the best time you will ever have to get those points, so head off to the portal and we may see you here in no time!

Thanks very much pal

Now I need to fill up mor space becuase there is too much quote. LA LA LA LA LA

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 15:08:21

damm it's so leonely to be part of a slow portal now isn't it?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 15:22:11

At 10/29/06 04:50 PM, MadCow wrote: Damn son, pwroftheseagoat is probably going to pass me in a week or two D:
I get like 300-500 points a week, he gets like 600-900 :[
And I've never been passed in the history of forever!
If only I was an unemployed cockfag that doesn't go to school, then I could get TONS if points!

Well don't sweat it too bad because if you'll notice I haven't b/ped for a few days and I'll be off until the 12th. I doubt that I'll pass you because after I come off leave I'll only have a couple of months before I get deployed. That'll take me out of the action for quite awhile. So chin up! But don't hold it too high I'll be back! >:)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 16:20:38

I'd like to join :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 16:53:59

At 11/1/06 01:14 PM, Casualty wrote: Hmm.. I hope you get better (or you already are).

It hurts like hell caught fire, but my sig beast is lobotomized and still isn't complaining, why should I. Of course I'll still be as nice as ever.

At 11/1/06 04:20 PM, Razor-Blade-Radio wrote: I'd like to join :)

The slightly racist profile message bothers me a bit, but since I don't understand it. just read the EGB FAQ and you may join.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 16:59:08

At 11/1/06 04:53 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 11/1/06 01:14 PM, Casualty wrote: Hmm.. I hope you get better (or you already are).
It hurts like hell caught fire, but my sig beast is lobotomized and still isn't complaining, why should I. Of course I'll still be as nice as ever.

At 11/1/06 04:20 PM, Razor-Blade-Radio wrote: I'd like to join :)
The slightly racist profile message bothers me a bit, but since I don't understand it. just read the EGB FAQ and you may join.

sorry 'bout that :S.. Is it better now?.. I'll change the whole message thing as soon as I think of sumthin clever to write in it's place...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 17:25:08

Hello everyone! I am here to ask if I may join your club. I am a graduate of the NGPD and I have finally moved on to the EG ranks. Nice to meet you all.

*Salutes* (Do we do that here? lol)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 17:42:20

At 11/1/06 04:59 PM, Razor-Blade-Radio wrote: sorry 'bout that :S.. Is it better now?.. I'll change the whole message thing as soon as I think of sumthin clever to write in it's place...

Better. Welcome new member #1.

At 11/1/06 05:25 PM, Sekhmet wrote: Hello everyone! I am here to ask if I may join your club. I am a graduate of the NGPD and I have finally moved on to the EG ranks. Nice to meet you all.
*Salutes* (Do we do that here? lol)

Sure you can join, just make sure you read our EGB FAQ as well as sign up.

Welcome new member #2.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 17:44:23

Better. Welcome new member #1.

thank you sir!

is ElectricMoose still active?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-01 17:47:44

At 11/1/06 05:44 PM, Razor-Blade-Radio wrote: is ElectricMoose still active?

Welcome, but no, I haven't seen him in ages personally...

And welcome also to Sekhmet.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature