00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,976,873 Views | 60,558 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 18:00:09

At 4/17/24 01:01 PM, Da-Birb wrote: Jesus fucking christ, eat my dick dude, your a fucking moron and you have no idea what you are talking about. i would love to see you create anything, your whining and misunderstandings have now gotten my work deleted. You legit have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Kindly, shut the fuck up, unless your going to use your brain to come back and make a logical fucking statement so that we can discuss. You just sit here and assume that i am some lazy fucking loser or something, i have been creating dumb things for over 20 years, and this is the first time some one has gone as far to remove me from the process, and not even allow my work to be judged by a community as a whole.

DM me if you want to talk more about the removal. Stop spamming this thread.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 19:43:16

All right this user needs to be banned I just don't care I want him gone

At 4/17/24 02:41 PM, Da-Birb wrote:
At 4/17/24 01:46 PM, gamejunkie wrote: I'd like to thank everyone involved in the last 3 pages of drama for making my birthday a great one. Sitting back & watching this drama unfold has been magnificent. Quality stuff indeed.
nice another mod in support of this bs, happy bday buddy

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 19:54:14

At 4/17/24 04:08 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote:
At 4/17/24 03:57 PM, CarterSterling wrote: Today is one of those days where I very much regret turning on notifications for this thread, lol
Same. I have it turned on so I can catch new reports quickly, but damn if it doesn't mean I catch any and all drama that goes down here, lol

same ,,, i close my newgrounds tab for a few hours and suddenly i have 13 notifs (mostly coming from this thread) because of a user fighting

"Has the light gone out for you? Because the light's gone out for me..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 20:09:16

Continuing on the topic of our favourite bird, I checked his profile and noticed he'd just uploaded another game:

In the description, Birb claims to have been the owner/creator of the now-defunct shark-flash.com and claims to be its original creator, having submitted it under the name Mr-Shark back in 2007.

Part of me is saying Birb's bullshitting, and part of me says Birb's telling the truth. Its 1AM where I live, so if anyone else can investigate this, I'd be happy.

I need to get some sleep - I'll likely be back once this weird shit is over.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 20:35:52 (edited 2024-04-17 20:39:06)

At 4/17/24 08:09 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: In the description, Birb claims to have been the owner/creator of the now-defunct shark-flash.com and claims to be its original creator, having submitted it under the name Mr-Shark back in 2007.
Part of me is saying Birb's bullshitting, and part of me says Birb's telling the truth. Its 1AM where I live, so if anyone else can investigate this, I'd be happy.

Everything matches up well, according to the archived user pages he was 18 in January 2008 which would make him 34 now - which is what Birb's age is listed as. His itch.io page is also titled krausunxp, which is pretty damn close to his second username mrkrahs. I personally think everything lines up.

I hope you don't take the bumblings of this group too personally, @Da-Birb. The entire purpose of this group is to keep the portal clean, and whether you agree or disagree, a submission created using entirely AI is against modern Newgrounds rules as AI grows more and more. Your most recent submission shouldn't be taken down, although it could possibly get blammed. I assume it'll pass though, things don't get blammed as much nowadays.

(Although if you would like some advice on it not getting blammed, I'd personally move away from the AI-generated thumbnail - not because I'm an AI hater or anything like that, but because I personally tend to vote higher on submissions that are honest about what they look like in the thumbnail.)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 21:05:14

I regret nothing for starting all of this flipped bird business

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 22:42:33

At 4/17/24 08:35 PM, CarterSterling wrote:
At 4/17/24 08:09 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: In the description, Birb claims to have been the owner/creator of the now-defunct shark-flash.com and claims to be its original creator, having submitted it under the name Mr-Shark back in 2007.
Everything matches up well, according to the archived user pages he was 18 in January 2008 which would make him 34 now - which is what Birb's age is listed as. His itch.io page is also titled krausunxp, which is pretty damn close to his second username mrkrahs. I personally think everything lines up.

Hate to burst your bubble but this isn't a hard argument that proves beyond a doubt that Birb IS Mr-Shark.

First of all, the easiest way to prove that it's him all along is by using Mr-Shark's contact info, but they're mostly dead as I'm looking at it at 2015. Second of all, while it might be true that they're both the same age, it doesn't mean it necessarily proves it's the same person. Coincidences happen and a birthday is just a birthday. If they were born in the same day and month, yeah, it's believable they're the same person. ...Or maybe they're not and they just happen to be born on the same day, whatever. Third, the usernames. That's just dumb. Sure, it has "kra" but those aren't really evidence of a geniune person. Could be a fan or not, who knows. Maybe there's more to prove either side, but these aren't good evidence or maybe I'm too skeptical about an old NG user turning towards AI as a good thing.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 22:58:39 (edited 2024-04-17 22:59:20)

At 4/17/24 10:42 PM, BickerySebastian wrote: First of all, the easiest way to prove that it's him all along is by using Mr-Shark's contact info, but they're mostly dead as I'm looking at it at 2015. Second of all, while it might be true that they're both the same age, it doesn't mean it necessarily proves it's the same person. Coincidences happen and a birthday is just a birthday. If they were born in the same day and month, yeah, it's believable they're the same person. ...Or maybe they're not and they just happen to be born on the same day, whatever. Third, the usernames. That's just dumb. Sure, it has "kra" but those aren't really evidence of a geniune person. Could be a fan or not, who knows. Maybe there's more to prove either side, but these aren't good evidence or maybe I'm too skeptical about an old NG user turning towards AI as a good thing.

Burst my bubble all you want! I love bubble bursting, I just think it's more likely that someone who does have a genuine game on their profile (as simple as it is), and who has the same exact age and a similar name to an old username, is most likely telling the truth as opposed to just being a superfan of someone who had 88 fans near the end of their Newgrounds account. I could obviously be wrong, but the only information I have seems to lead one way more then the other - not claiming to be Sherlock Holmes here though!

iu_1191069_3806016.gif

But on that last part - I'm sorry to say, but that's not as uncommon as you think. I've met "old Newgrounds users" (I put that in quotes because I don't know what the cutoff is!) that got big on NFTs back when that was big. It happens.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-17 23:05:43

At 4/17/24 10:42 PM, BickerySebastian wrote:
At 4/17/24 08:35 PM, CarterSterling wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble but this isn't a hard argument that proves beyond a doubt that Birb IS Mr-Shark.
First of all, the easiest way to prove that it's him all along is by using Mr-Shark's contact info, but they're mostly dead as I'm looking at it at 2015. Second of all, while it might be true that they're both the same age, it doesn't mean it necessarily proves it's the same person. Coincidences happen and a birthday is just a birthday. If they were born in the same day and month, yeah, it's believable they're the same person. ...Or maybe they're not and they just happen to be born on the same day, whatever. Third, the usernames. That's just dumb. Sure, it has "kra" but those aren't really evidence of a geniune person. Could be a fan or not, who knows. Maybe there's more to prove either side, but these aren't good evidence or maybe I'm too skeptical about an old NG user turning towards AI as a good thing.

I'm the same age as Birb and have had an account here from around 2007 as well. I've told this story over and over to anyone who will listen but the financial collapse of the world economy at that time scarred everyone deeply and moving on we became very different people. I wouldn't dismiss his claim that he could have been that user.

Birb also claims to have been a secondlife user (I am too!) from around then up to now and that culture in there is a pretty mind boggling sandbox of things that can warp your senses-- I'm not gonna get in too deep but that maybe what also led him to embrace AI pretty openly.

Unfortunately artists don't work for virtual currency in Firstlife (unless you are a ugly goldfarmer), hence why community is a bit hostile towards the thing that might replace them in the future.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 02:30:24 (edited 2024-04-18 02:32:41)

At 4/17/24 08:09 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: Continuing on the topic of our favourite bird, I checked his profile and noticed he'd just uploaded another game:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/926403
In the description, Birb claims to have been the owner/creator of the now-defunct shark-flash.com and claims to be its original creator, having submitted it under the name Mr-Shark back in 2007.

It's not stolen, but there are a few other Guidelines that might be broken here:

You must have rights to the music in your game, or be using music that grants rights freely. Your favorite song from the radio can't be played here.

Uses the main music theme from New Super Mario Bros (DS)

Your game must not use Angry Birds or Super Mario Bros. characters/sprites. In general you shouldn't be using any sprites you don't have full rights to.

Uses a mix of sprites from other Mario games (ie. coins, background tiles, etc), including Yoshi's Island, Super Mario All-Stars.

It might've been fine in 2007, but these rules exist in 2024, this game was uploaded in 2024.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 07:22:49 (edited 2024-04-18 07:28:36)

BGM is "Mmhmm" by BigXthaPlug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_WayannFys

Stolen from longestsoloever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MMQ_CAGgBg

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 08:50:39

Geometry Dash gameplay footage

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 13:11:36 (edited 2024-04-18 13:13:32)

Gameplay footage

Geometry Dash gameplay footage

Speedpaint

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 13:50:02

Reup of blammed. Might get blammed again, but whatever. Usually there's a 50/50 chance this will get taken down or blammed.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/rip/926462

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 15:37:23

No animation. Consists majority of live-action footage.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 16:34:57

No way he actually got banned

At 4/17/24 07:43 PM, AlexToolStudio wrote: All right this user needs to be banned I just don't care I want him gone

At 4/17/24 01:46 PM, gamejunkie wrote: I'd like to thank everyone involved in the last 3 pages of drama for making my birthday a great one. Sitting back & watching this drama unfold has been magnificent. Quality stuff indeed.

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 16:53:17

At 4/18/24 04:34 PM, AlexToolStudio wrote: No way he actually got banned

At 4/17/24 07:43 PM, AlexToolStudio wrote: All right this user needs to be banned I just don't care I want him gone

iu_1191366_14526566.png

After seeing the guy blow his lid and start insulting everyone, I absolutely should have seen this coming.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-18 17:01:14

Anyways...

Reupload of removed submission: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/926336

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 06:12:51 (edited 2024-04-19 06:17:37)

Reupload of blammed sub:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/rip/926487

Generated by Stable Diffusion, as admitted by submitter

AI-generated voices and backgrounds (submitted by the same person behind the Billy Mays AI infomercial)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 10:44:43 (edited 2024-04-19 10:45:39)

At 4/18/24 05:01 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: Anyways...
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/926541

OBJECTION:

There's new music from the Audio Portal. Is that not an improvement, as per the Movie Guidelines?

Do not re-submit your entry after it has been BLAMMED without making noticeable improvements.
(This includes Moderator removals)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 10:49:21 (edited 2024-04-19 10:50:19)

At 4/19/24 10:44 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:
At 4/18/24 05:01 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: Anyways...
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/926541
OBJECTION:

There's new music from the Audio Portal. Is that not an improvement, as per the Movie Guidelines?

I flagged it before Piconjo swapped the music - the visuals are still derivative of placeboing's "Gay Frogs", but the new music's original enough for me to let it through.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 17:58:34

Anyways,

Speedpaint

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 18:07:46

At 4/19/24 05:58 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: Anyways,
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/926714
Speedpaint

Awh man, I really like coconutgun. Now we have to show him a real gun. 🔫

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 18:29:09

At 4/19/24 06:07 PM, YendorNG wrote:
Speedpaint

No one's above the law here, no matter how beloved they are.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 19:02:08

At 4/19/24 06:29 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote:
At 4/19/24 06:07 PM, YendorNG wrote:
Speedpaint
No one's above the law here, no matter how beloved they are.

Yeah, this is unfortunate. But only about half of the submission was a speed paint so hopefully it comes back soon.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 20:50:03

Stolen:

Original:

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 21:57:35

To flag or not to flag? Literally one half of this submission is gameplay footage, and the other half is custom animation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 22:03:15 (edited 2024-04-19 22:08:55)

At 4/19/24 09:57 PM, Czyszy wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/926589
To flag or not to flag? Literally one half of this submission is gameplay footage, and the other half is custom animation.

Its terrible, but not reportable. He's using the game play footage to lead into his parody which makes it fair use I suppose.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 22:06:12

At 4/19/24 10:03 PM, YendorNG wrote:
At 4/19/24 09:57 PM, Czyszy wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/926589
Its terrible, but not reportable. He's using the game play footage to lead into his parody which makes it fair use I supposed.

It's the age old half-empty vs. half-full dillemma all over again! xD

Is this an original animation with an overly long gameplay intro? Or is this a gameplay clip with an extented animated outro?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2024-04-19 22:18:11

At 4/19/24 10:06 PM, Czyszy wrote:
At 4/19/24 10:03 PM, YendorNG wrote:
Its terrible, but not reportable. He's using the game play footage to lead into his parody which makes it fair use I supposed.
It's the age old half-empty vs. half-full dillemma all over again! xD

Is this an original animation with an overly long gameplay intro? Or is this a gameplay clip with an extented animated outro?

Well, the gameplay footage is around 8 seconds and the total time of the video is 17 seconds...

Close to an half-ish, but it's not a half unless you round it. Also this is more of proxy, do I look like a nerd? Don't got the time to just find this exact frame or just download it and check the frame count.