00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mrmclovin112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,989,777 Views | 60,658 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-01 21:57:00 (edited 2016-03-01 21:58:47)

At 3/1/16 09:31 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: The only thing I understand is that I should still be on the list with 26 repeat appearances. Sorry to sound ignorant, but like I said, it doesn't say 'repeat appearances in a row', it says 'repeat appearances.' With all due respect, you should change the incorrect logic because I should still be on the list.

@byteslinger -- you could add an extra column to compile the top gainer's appearances in a row into a fraction -- repeats over total appearances. I'm no good with algorithms, though, so I don't know if that would be practical.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 00:18:35

At 3/1/16 09:31 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 3/1/16 09:09 PM, byteslinger wrote:
The only thing I understand is that I should still be on the list with 26 repeat appearances. Sorry to sound ignorant, but like I said, it doesn't say 'repeat appearances in a row', it says 'repeat appearances.' With all due respect, you should change the incorrect logic because I should still be on the list.

Point taken... let me work on it; I'll try to have the logic fixed by the next update. I have a few ideas....

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 00:38:23

At 3/2/16 12:18 AM, byteslinger wrote:
Point taken... let me work on it; I'll try to have the logic fixed by the next update. I have a few ideas....

Alrighty, commander, I'll let you do your thing.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 08:12:14

No animation.
Begging for a 5 rating.
Vulgar/Offensive language in the Author comments.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 09:00:28

At 3/2/16 08:12 AM, Radaketor wrote: No animation.
Begging for a 5 rating.
Vulgar/Offensive language in the Author comments.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671367

I guess we'll remove that IF it passes judgement. I highly doubt it will.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 10:20:02 (edited 2016-03-02 10:21:14)

At 3/2/16 09:00 AM, gamejunkie wrote: I guess we'll remove that IF it passes judgement. I highly doubt it will.

Added my personal vote to the list of reasons why. That's not an animation; it's eyeball abuse.

Not animation. dunno if it's already been posted

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 13:41:20

At 3/2/16 10:20 AM, EDM364 wrote: Added my personal vote to the list of reasons why. That's not an animation; it's eyeball abuse.

Not animation. dunno if it's already been posted
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671375

Same as the other one, which didn't pass judgement, no surprises there. We can remove it, IF it makes it through judgement but yet again I highly doubt it will.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 15:22:36

YouTube material.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 15:26:36

At 3/2/16 03:22 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: YouTube material.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671387

"The video you never asked for....."
Indeed.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 19:45:28

How does this keep happening?

And I'm not sure if these two count as animation.

This one is someone's head on a YT video rip

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 21:05:50 (edited 2016-03-02 21:15:05)

At 3/2/16 07:45 PM, EDM364 wrote: How does this keep happening?

I soooo dislike Pivot. >_< This was long and slow, but I suppose someone or some people decided it had enough of a story to vote 2+. ...or 1. (NEVER vote 1, BTW.) ...or they voted before it ended. I voted before it ended, but voted 0. :\

And I'm not sure if these two count as animation.

Boring, way-too-little animation, in my opinion, but some nonetheless.

This one is someone's head on a YT video rip

Yeah, there's a lot of youtube clip in it, but it does have some light animation, kind of an animutation style. Still, vote what you will. *ahem*

At 3/1/16 09:09 PM, byteslinger wrote: 06) 57,936 | 0,436 | 15.03 | C | +001.63 | Exedor Sup. Commander | 28 | B
Don't feel bad

I also would like to complain. It says I only got 436 B/P for t his month. I'm pretty sure there's an error because I'm sure I should have more that that. I'm pretty sure that I voted and B/P'd correctly on at least 10,417 submissions this month, and so my numbers should be much higher. ...um, and the fact that the system says there were less than 10,417 submissions this month, well, ...that's also some kind of error. Yeah.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-02 21:47:19

At 3/2/16 09:05 PM, Exedor wrote: about the recent crap in the portal

Glad to have your eyes on them, then. I figured they were really just skirting the boundaries of animation. At least if they do pass, they'll quickly fall into obscurity, but that's still valuable server space.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-04 02:00:50

Are this 2 games working for you fellows ?

Both don't even load for me.

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-04 02:29:14

At 3/4/16 02:00 AM, LexaHergon wrote: Are this 2 games working for you fellows ?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671437
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671438
Both don't even load for me.

Do you get a javascript error message saying that the Unity (whatever) cant load?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-04 03:05:54

At 3/4/16 02:29 AM, gamejunkie wrote:
Do you get a javascript error message saying that the Unity (whatever) cant load?

Not even that, not even a load screen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-04 03:27:19

At 3/4/16 03:05 AM, LexaHergon wrote:
At 3/4/16 02:29 AM, gamejunkie wrote:
Not even that, not even a load screen.

Okay. It tried to load for me but I kept getting JS error messages for Unity so I removed them.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-05 11:48:55

Construct 2 Tutorial:

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-05 15:47:16

Flappy Bird clone with some assets from the original game:

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-05 17:54:33

At 3/5/16 11:48 AM, joshescue18 wrote: Construct 2 Tutorial:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671479

Yeah I got rid of it because it was an exact copy of the other one he uploaded but the original has just enough changes to it that I left the original. If the other guys feel it should be removed I'll leave it up to them.

At 3/5/16 03:47 PM, Nimhster2 wrote: Flappy Bird clone with some assets from the original game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671462

Completely torn whether to remove this or not. I actually didn't mind it. I cant believe I just said that.

@Jolly @Exedor @Asandir

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-07 04:18:28

Not an animation just an audio track and visualization.
On top of that Author comments says : "I take no credit for the original song and MIDI file!"

This game is not working for me. Anyone else ?
No load screen, no error message, It just gives me some black text. (using firefox)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-07 06:38:34

At 3/7/16 04:18 AM, LexaHergon wrote: Not an animation just an audio track and visualization.
On top of that Author comments says : "I take no credit for the original song and MIDI file!"
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671545

That seems to be correct. So it's gone.

This game is not working for me. Anyone else ?
No load screen, no error message, It just gives me some black text. (using firefox)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671550

This also seems to be correct. So it too is gone.

Thank you LexaHergon.

*salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-07 07:41:49

I've got a question, dunno if it's been asked before but i'm hoping someone here can answer me.

A user named pokkaloh keeps submitting updates of his game as new submissions, for example, his newest one that passed judgement is called Pokkaloh 0.8.3 (linked bellow), in that game we can read in the author comments "There is a bug where you can't I make Svetlana wear nothing. It will be fixed in the next version." meaning he's planning on submitting even more updates much like he's done before, i wanted to know if this is acceptable or what. He's also got version 0.8.5 available for patreons so i'm guessing he's gonna eventually submit this one as well. Wouldn't i be easier and much cleaner to simply update the original game whenever a bug is fixed/new feature is added?

If submitting updates as standalone games is in fact against the rules or frowned upon, could some mod get into contact with him and inform him of such? I figure they'd believe a mod more than a regular user.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-07 10:28:51

At 3/7/16 07:41 AM, Radaketor wrote: I've got a question, dunno if it's been asked before but i'm hoping someone here can answer me.

@Asandir or @Exedor probably know more than me, but this is kinda similar to people submitting WIPs to the Audio portal and then updating different versions. Are the changes substantial? Or just minor things like buttons? If it's just bug fixes, he should be updating just one game, but I've seen this done with Interactive Buddy -- a really old game, pre-2006, maybe even 2003, here on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-07 10:57:59 (edited 2016-03-07 10:58:47)

At 3/7/16 07:41 AM, Radaketor wrote: I've got a question, dunno if it's been asked before but i'm hoping someone here can answer me.

I think he's been removing some of the oldest, but seems to have gotten behind. Yeah, no one was the older versions when a newer, more complete one is available. I'll send him a message.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-07 11:20:22

At 3/7/16 10:28 AM, EDM364 wrote: @Asandir or @Exedor probably know more than me, but this is kinda similar to people submitting WIPs to the Audio portal and then updating different versions. Are the changes substantial? Or just minor things like buttons? If it's just bug fixes, he should be updating just one game, but I've seen this done with Interactive Buddy -- a really old game, pre-2006, maybe even 2003, here on NG.

From what i've seen since the first time he submitted a game, he's worked on the art, i look semi-professionally drawn now and i think there may be some new features but i haven't gotten too far into the game to see them yet.

At 3/7/16 10:57 AM, Exedor wrote: I think he's been removing some of the oldest, but seems to have gotten behind. Yeah, no one was the older versions when a newer, more complete one is available. I'll send him a message.

Ah alright, i wasn't aware that he'd deleted a few, just assumed they got blammed by some users while Under Judgement.
Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-09 04:14:23

At 3/8/16 08:18 PM, PixelatedHat wrote: This Game is infringing on a game called Agar.io

I found Agario's terms and conditions ( Here ) stating:

"Agar.io: is a product of Agario;
Agar.io Game: means the online multiplayer game entitled Agar.io, as available on the Site and includes all related games, software, applications, products or services relating to the Agar.io Game;
Agario: is the owner of all intellectual property rights (“IPRs”) in the Site and Agar.io"

Well I removed it because it wasn't working anyway but if he decides to re-submit it we'll deal with the other issue somehow.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-10 11:49:06

Betting game with real life money? What the fuck? Can anyone tell me if this is appropriate? There's a game mode for Guests where you spend nothing but this seems like some scam. Voted 0 regardless.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-11 03:04:07

Non-animated. Slideshow :

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-13 13:13:58 (edited 2016-03-13 13:15:39)

this guy already got banned from the bbs for 30 days, but made a newspost about it, and this guy LuckyLightTitan, said sorry double comment, after saying "hmm I think your posts are pretty normal." and he said this Shut the fuck up.
You've completely changed personality based on those responses on your shitty newspost. There's something wrong with you and it's really disturbing.
(he lied about his personality, he said he was a 16 year old syrian, when he is a 20 year old saudi arabian, I have no idea why)

he also said this, "This site is filled with dumb, circlejerking pieces of shit and mods only ban those who are negative, yet they let waste of space retards like TheGamechanger (who should be fucking shot) shitpost all they want.
Even worse is Vixuzar stalking me thinking people will still believe his act. Some do, but those are the faggots retarded enought to have been friends with him in the first place.
"

here's the link

could you extend the ban maybe? He is still doing what he was banned for.

*EDIT* He said this to me also "Shut the fuck up."

Happy Posting!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2016-03-13 13:27:46

Dude,I don't think the NG Military can help you. They usually just shoot off submissions with their removal wand.You're probably just being sarcastic though..Yeah maybe wait never mind.

yeah, but dude, he is still doing what he was banned for, so an extension of the ban should be most appropriate.

Happy Posting!

BBS Signature