00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,971,605 Views | 60,520 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 02:45:56

Frankly it's pretty flattering to know our Barracks still gains enough attention for spammers to actually care to read and even respond, even if it is their own silly way. Maybe just a few of those times, they'll learn to change their ways.

Regarding that last flash, Sheizenhammer, while I'm neutral towards the US and whatever these spammers use to make people angry, I think that if a flash was done with enough effort, nearly every topic would be acceptable. Users are only obligated by the laws of their own countries (and in rare cases, the FBI does involve itself in certain illegal matters that could be brought up), and some countries do make a laughing matter of 9/11, the point is hardly the theme as it is the way it was presented.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 03:03:42

At 10/14/09 02:45 AM, Phantom wrote: Regarding that last flash, Sheizenhammer, while I'm neutral towards the US and whatever these spammers use to make people angry, I think that if a flash was done with enough effort, nearly every topic would be acceptable. Users are only obligated by the laws of their own countries (and in rare cases, the FBI does involve itself in certain illegal matters that could be brought up), and some countries do make a laughing matter of 9/11, the point is hardly the theme as it is the way it was presented.

Oh, don't get me wrong: I've spent a good 10 minutes laughing at both it and the pathetic YouTube commenters hating on it (*coughwhistlecough*). If it weren't for the manner in which it got into the portal, I wouldn't be reporting it at all. After all, NG was, and to a large extent still is, all about poking fun at sensitive stuff that most other websites would class as 'offensive'. There's plenty of crap like that about 9/11 already here anyway; what's one more flash?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 18:20:11

I think this game is stolen I looked and found some stolen reviews, but I looked further and I think he has stolen another submission

From here http://www.dan-dare.org/freefun/Games/Mo re/NewMarioFlash.htm

Also this one

From here http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Games/So nicHeroes/SonicHeroes.htm

I did not find any link he may be the real owner looking on Google I found these two very quickly.

Anyway off subject I love the new Halloween design maybe little early but its cool I love the purple colors.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 18:30:07

At 10/14/09 06:20 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: I think this game is stolen I looked and found some stolen reviews, but I looked further and I think he has stolen another submission
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 4598

Sorry I got the wrong link although the game looks the same I think this is the right link http://www.mariogame.info/.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 19:33:16

At 10/14/09 06:30 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Sorry I got the wrong link although the game looks the same I think this is the right link http://www.mariogame.info/.

I found this in one of the reviews on it:

http://www2.sega.com/gamesite/sonicheroe s/minigame/flash/

Not sure exactly which one to use as an original, but the fact is that the "author" obviously didn't make this, what with all the 'copyright SEGA' stuff written all over it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 22:04:14

So do you have to be a Private to join the EGB?

Sig: XIII13

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 22:13:40

If I'm able I'm sure these are stolen because most of his flashes have AlbinoBlackSheep written all over it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 22:15:19

Fuck.....forgot link

This guy

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 22:17:01

At 10/14/09 10:04 PM, DarkComp wrote: So do you have to be a Private to join the EGB?

Yes, 2,500 points will do.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 22:32:29

At 10/14/09 10:15 PM, DarkComp wrote: Fuck.....forgot link

This guy

I don't think so. The guy says he got the preloader from albinoblacksheep (a site which hosts user-generated content much like NG does), and the flashes themselves mostly mention his username in them somewhere.

Also, yes, you do need a rank of private or higher (2500+ B/P) to join here.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 22:43:59

At 10/14/09 10:04 PM, DarkComp wrote: So do you have to be a Private to join the EGB?

Yes. You also have to have a Bronze Whistle or better, and good post quality (you need a bit of work on those). Also, multi-posting is frowned upon, put it all in one if at all possible.

Anyway, I just bought a Sega Genesis and 12 games on eBay. Included in the 12 games are Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and the first two Mortal Kombat games, the first three console games I ever played. Once that guy ships (and he'd better ship), don't expect to see me around the EGB as much (though I'll still be here and proud of it) as I'll be rather busy reliving 1996.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 22:47:09

At 10/14/09 10:43 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Anyway, I just bought a Sega Genesis and 12 games on eBay. Included in the 12 games are Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and the first two Mortal Kombat games, the first three console games I ever played. Once that guy ships (and he'd better ship), don't expect to see me around the EGB as much (though I'll still be here and proud of it) as I'll be rather busy reliving 1996.

NBA jam, Eternal Champions, and Mutant League football are all musts. Those games were the shit. Haha.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-14 23:16:51

At 10/14/09 10:32 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I don't think so. The guy says he got the preloader from albinoblacksheep (a site which hosts user-generated content much like NG does), and the flashes themselves mostly mention his username in them somewhere.

Ugh, while this particular flash wasn't stolen, there's been quite a few stolen Flash today...There's been a lot of crazy action on the Portal this week for sure...

At 10/14/09 10:43 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
Yes. You also have to have a Bronze Whistle or better, and good post quality (you need a bit of work on those). Also, multi-posting is frowned upon, put it all in one if at all possible.

Thanks for handling that! Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, but I've been kinda busy with work and stuff. I'm still trying to get the Prologue done, but I'm running into road blocks there as well. I'm still around tho... :-)

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-15 11:37:41

At 10/14/09 10:47 PM, michelinman wrote: NBA jam, Eternal Champions, and Mutant League football are all musts. Those games were the shit. Haha.

Games that I bought with the system:
Mortal Kombat
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 2
Sonic 1
Batman Returns
Monopoly
Evander Holyfield's Boxing
Royal Rumble
NBA Action 94
Joe Montana football
Joe Montana 2 Sports Talk Football

I then proceeded to buy Mortal Kombat II on my own, though I just know I'm going to eventually need the six-button controllers. Ah well, might as well see what I can do with the three-button classic. I'm actually not interested in the sports games, I don't even like sports games, but it was the best possible deal on a classic system so I'll just give them to my little brother or something.

The seller shipped at last, it's now just a matter of time...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-15 14:12:14

At 10/14/09 10:43 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Anyway, I just bought a Sega Genesis and 12 games on eBay. Included in the 12 games are Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Yea, well, I got the Sonic Mega Collection from my brother for Christmas one year. I also have
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle as well. And Sonic Advance 2. Yes, I am a Sonic fan, is that so damn wrong? I think not.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-15 15:28:57

At 10/15/09 02:12 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Yea, well, I got the Sonic Mega Collection from my brother for Christmas one year. I also have
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle as well. And Sonic Advance 2. Yes, I am a Sonic fan, is that so damn wrong? I think not.

My brother used to have the Mega Collection for Gamecube, however he sold it to buy Quake Wars (which he thought was a Halo ripoff until I told him exactly where Halo and Quake each came from), and he now wants to sell that on eBay for something else. My quest for the Genesis kicked off when I found out that he had sold it, and I really wanted to play Sonic (blame Screw Attack and the Nerd, they put me up to it). Though now, I want Mortal Kombat more, and to kick off my old unfinished plan from 2003. Are the Sonic Advance games any good? It's just sad that the series has fallen off in quality since the Genesis days, when they should be able to do so much more with the new consoles than they did with the old ones.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-15 17:53:19

I still have the Sonic Mega Collection. One of the best purchases I ever made with my GameCube. I never played any of the Sonic Advance games, but I heard that one was very good while the rest were so-so.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-15 17:57:48

Emm, in my opinion Sonic Advance isn't all bad, but it could also be way better as well. There's like absolutely no save function, once you get going through the level, it's really easy to get yourself turned around.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-15 20:28:16

Hey guys, sorry to butt in.

This flash:

Uses cartoon footage, breaks a copyright.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-15 20:28:45

I just came to say that I loved Eternal Champions (and the game about Shadow that came after that) so much, that I named a dog Jak, after one of the characters.

I had an emu of that game for a while, but I still want to get a Sega and that game cart. off eBay whenever I can get around to it.
Man, that game was.. just so amazing.
Jetta's cartwheel kick-thingy was kind of a cheat, wasn't it? Remember that move? And Larcen's.. hook-thingy.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 08:45:12

Sup dudes! And Krev. And Jake. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 10:40:05

Stolen. The author could not ever spell the game's name right, the game already has a web site which the author did not use to create his/her account. YouTube link links to a how to hack channel. Hmmm... :)

Doubt this is original as it is all over the net, but I can't find definite proof.

At 10/14/09 10:43 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Anyway, I just bought a Sega Genesis and 12 games on eBay.

If you can, get Bart Simpson's Nightmare. It's bizarre.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 13:02:45

*Facepalm*
Obviously stolen video:

Original link.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 13:08:40

At 10/15/09 08:28 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: I just came to say that I loved Eternal Champions (and the game about Shadow that came after that) so much, that I named a dog Jak, after one of the characters.
At 10/16/09 08:45 AM, Porkchop wrote: Sup dudes! And Krev. And Jake. :D

This must be "Everyone that quit the Barracks is gonna stop by and hang out day," lol. Not that I am complaining, mind you....just find it funny.

Speaking of that, how's your Internet troubles, Porkchop?

At 10/16/09 01:02 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: *Facepalm*
Obviously stolen video:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 4782
Original link.

I performed a MASSIVE eye-roll when I saw that one. Seriously, what's next? Evolution of Dance? Oh wait, how about All Your Base? No one will guess THAT wasn't original....

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 15:44:57

Yeah people who upload those kind of flashes probably don't know that this website actually hosts ORIGINAL content.

In other news, it looks like Adam Philips will release a new Brackenwood movie by the end of November. Read more about it in this thread.

Also, today I accidentally got a cut on my right thumb while cooking. It isn't serious, but five hours have passed and it still hurts. I'm such a pussy...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 18:47:45

Its a classic console The Sega Genesis is or The Mega Drive as its called in europe. I loved the Sonic games really cool 2D effects I loved all 3 of the Sonic games. Eternal Champions that was a great fighting game although I could never quite get the hang of it. I don't think the add on were a good idea though. On to Brackenwood sounds cool, I'm not a fan I tried to watch one but found it boring, but it nice to think he is making another one its been two years since the last one. On the gaming front I love Saints Row. Anyway I reported that user for the Sonic game and now its been blammed. I will check the other two on this page.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 20:44:58

Good to see the barracks in its roots, helping fend off submissions that for whatever reason do not belong on the Portal which is quite busy at the moment.

As for me, I'm back here after a shot absence during which my computer EXPLODED and it seemed that for some unknown reason, my NVIDIA 7600 fried the whole system, ruined C Drive and left me screwed over. But with the help of my loyal tech guy (thanks Arthur) we salvaged the D drive and replaced the rest, I added an additional Gig of RAM and upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. Which so far has proven to be fucking awesome and despite some minor XP compatibility issues, I recommend it, a lot.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-16 22:23:41

At 10/16/09 03:44 PM, Ismael92 wrote: In other news, it looks like Adam Philips will release a new Brackenwood movie by the end of November. Read more about it in this thread.

Awwww yeah, more Brackenwood! I've been waiting too, as the Brackenwood movies are some of my favorites. Bitey rules.

At 10/16/09 06:47 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Its a classic console The Sega Genesis is or The Mega Drive as its called in europe. I loved the Sonic games really cool 2D effects I loved all 3 of the Sonic games.

What are you talking about, 3?! There were four classic Genesis Sonic games (Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Sonic and Knuckles), and then there was Sonic CD which is also considered a great game. It didn't jump the shark until Sonic's speed stopped mattering so much (the huge visual capabilities of the Playstation/N64 generation made the speed less a factor in buying consoles than it had been in 1991) and the railroaded gameplay started seeming too restrictive in comparison to other 3D games.

Anyway, the Genesis arrived today, and it works perfectly, so I might not be around as much since I'll be busy with it. I had almost forgotten how much fun Mortal Kombat II was.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-17 07:35:52

Morning all,

"This game is from MiniClip.com - all credit goes to them"

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-17 07:41:51

At 10/17/09 07:35 AM, Coop83 wrote: Morning all,
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 4873
"This game is from MiniClip.com - all credit goes to them"

Just in case, this is the original: