00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,971,014 Views | 60,519 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 20:08:36

How do you do, sorry I haven't been on here in ages, I lost intrest in all forums a few months back, dealing with person stuff and such, then I got a bit obssesed with some games and now I have a horrible university timetable :x

Monday, Tuesday: 9am Start - 7pm Finish
Thursday starts at 3pm and finishes at 6 so it's not as bad.

Wednessday is fine, Friday I have the day off.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 22:03:58

I'm thinking about writing a sequel, should I do it?

I know it may not have been as relevant it used to be but still...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 22:14:42

At 9/30/09 08:08 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I have a horrible university timetable :x

Monday, Tuesday: 9am Start - 7pm Finish
Thursday starts at 3pm and finishes at 6 so it's not as bad.

Wednessday is fine, Friday I have the day off.

You think that's bad?
Monday: 8AM-3PM (good normal schedule)
Tuesday: 8AM-8:15PM
Wednesday: 8AM-7PM
Thursday: 9:30AM-8:15PM
Friday: 8AM-12PM

Heh, luckily there's a computer lab there that almost always has an opening for me, for my break hours and such.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 22:18:16

Speaking of fanfics,, I can't seem to think of a good title for my next chapter. Any ideas? I know I should just go ahead and move onto the chapter itself, but until I know the title of the chapter, I won't know how to word it. :\ It's a damn curse I tell ya.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 22:25:40

At 9/30/09 10:18 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Speaking of fanfics,, I can't seem to think of a good title for my next chapter. Any ideas? I know I should just go ahead and move onto the chapter itself, but until I know the title of the chapter, I won't know how to word it. :\ It's a damn curse I tell ya.

Watch the abridged series on youtube and something may pop up

Remember in few hours the sun will rise...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 22:29:36

At 9/30/09 10:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Remember in few hours the sun will rise...

WTF does that even mean?! I've asked you at least 2-3 times now and you have yet to answer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 22:32:22

At 9/30/09 10:29 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 9/30/09 10:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Remember in few hours the sun will rise...
WTF does that even mean?! I've asked you at least 2-3 times now and you have yet to answer.

I don't know, but it's true!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 22:47:57

At 9/30/09 07:26 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 9/30/09 04:32 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Also, where the hell is everyone?
Lurking. :)

I do that quite a bit, actually...I probably refresh the page every 10-15 minute at least, but I only respond when I have something relevant to say.

At 9/30/09 08:08 PM, Little-Rena wrote: How do you do, sorry I haven't been on here in ages, I lost intrest in all forums a few months back, dealing with person stuff and such, then I got a bit obssesed with some games and now I have a horrible university timetable :x

Not to add on just another ridiculous college schedule to the mix, but I was at my worst when I was in undergrad:

- Get to school at 7:45AM
- Class - 8:00-9:15AM
- Class - 9:30-10:45AM
- Class - 11AM-12:30PM
- Lunch
- 2:00 - Start work/study or go to class until 3:15 then start work after
- 6:00 - Dinner
- 7:00 - 9:40 - Class
Go home around 10PM

I barely saw my room in college...lol

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-30 23:01:29

Then man am I glad I'm in COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!!

Here's my schedule this semester:

M/W: Ethics: 9-10:10
Intro to Computers: 1-2:40
PSY 150-765: 5:45-7

T: Investigative photography: 9:30-12:10

TH: Criminalistics: 9:30-12:10

Friday: no classes, but I work 5:30-8:30+
Sat.: work 9-12
work 5:30-8:30+

Sun.: study

Next week: REPEAT!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 00:01:57

You think your schedules are hard? I'm in high school, and this is what I got set up with for the first Quarter:

1st Block: AP Calculus
2nd Block: Teacher Assistant to one of my favorite teachers
3rd Block: AP Government
4th Block: Go home
5th Block: Stay home

You people need to stop bitching. You guys have it easy compared to me.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 04:13:02

At 9/30/09 10:47 PM, EagleRock wrote: Not to add on just another ridiculous college schedule to the mix, but I was at my worst when I was in undergrad:

Right, I'm making my case that life is different on the outside of education:

0700 - Stumble out of bed, check portal, ablutions.
0730 - Breakfast
0825 - Leave house
0840 - Arrive at work. Portal, a few posts
0930 - Cup of tea, second breakfast. Work until lunch.
1300 - Lunch. Portal, other NG related stuffs.
1400 - Return to work. More tea.
1700 - Check portal, leave work.
1745 - Back home, girlfriend in tow, eat, portal.
1830 - 1900 [Monday, we're out at friends, RPing, tuesday, I'm running, Wednesday is grocery shopping, Thursday I'm at home while the Mrs has Tai Chi, Friday it's collapse in a heap on the sofa.
2100 - Settle down in front of TV. Portal, tea, weights, munchies.
2300 - 0000 - Bed.

Rinse & Repeat, with Saturdays & Sundays having even less free time. Great stuff.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 10:18:51

It's time to begin the Autumn Officer Assessment.

Here's a list of the current officer roles and the holders of those positions.

Executive Officers

1. Chief Barracks Officer: SlashFirestorm
Role: The commander of the Barracks, who has the final word in operations, membership and recruitment, etc..
Notes: Despite my relative inactivity in the EGB thread, I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon.

2. Lt. Chief Barracks Officer: Phantom
Role: The second in command of the group, and assumes control of the Barracks if the CBO is unexpectedly absent from the Barracks for a month or more. Otherwise, he or she makes command decisions when the matter is urgent (such as beginning recruitment procedures) and the CBO is not present.

3. Second Lt. Chief Barracks Officer: Coop83
Role: Third in command, see above position for duties.
Notes: Not purely necessary, but Coop is one of the long-timer members of the EGB, and with his maturity and review-mod-ness, he would make a worthy CBO if a tree fell on me and Phantom got bombed or something.

4. Emergency Operations Officer: RohanTheBarbarian
Role: Makes command decisions for the Barracks in the event that both the CBO and LCBO are unexpectedly absent for a week or more. In the event of a longer absence (a month or more), the Emergency Operations Officer may make themselves functional commander indefinitely, and can appoint themselves or another officer as a permanent CBO replacement.

5. Barracks Operations Advisor: EagleRock
Role: A purely symbolic position for our long-inactive original CBO.
Notes: I want to chuck this and give Eagle an actual position of power in the chain of command. See comments below.

Peacetime Officers

1. Recruitment Officer: SlashFirestorm
Role: In charge of examining a prospective recruit, giving them the EGB Code of Conduct, and making a discussion thread for the recruit if all requirements are met. Can summarily reject obvious ill-fits, and can summarily accept former EGB members (honorably discharged and formerly AWOL members) with command approval.
Notes: I've handled the duties of the recruitment officer since before I was CBO, and I can handle it easily enough. No need for a separate Recruitment Officer at this time.

2. Advancement Officer: Lotus
Role: In charge of teaching the Barracks lifestyle to all new recruits who need it. Topics that many new recruits need education on include post quality (both in length and grammar; mercy will be shown to non-native-English speakers), B/P'ing (no mass-protecting or targeting of certain groups), and general sociability. The Advancement Officer can report any problems/concerns to the Chief Barracks Officer to be handled on an executive level.
Notes: Uncertain if this is necessary. Entertaining suggestions regarding editing of this position.

3. Records Officer: Ismael92
Role: Keeps and maintains the roster for the Barracks, including membership and B/P statistics. More than one officer can be appointed if needed.

4. Lt. Records Officer: Coop83
Role: Per above, either through alternating schedule or by taking over when the Records Officer is unable to do the roster.
Notes: Lizzardis, assuming he wants to keep doing this, can have the role.

5. Portal Violations Officer: phantomlassuk
Role: In charge of maintaining a record of all passed flash that are suspected to be stolen and reporting them to Wade. Deleted flashes will be removed from the list, while flashes that remain will be re-evaluated at a later date and either re-reported or dismissed.
Notes: With the much simpler Reporting Desk/Master List, this needs tinkering.

Wartime Officers

None are needed at this time, but with the threatening activity of certain groups and individuals, they can't be wholly discarded. Positions would be responsible for gathering intel on threats, keeping in contact with admins in regards to reporting offenses, and, in extreme cases, infiltration.

Barracks Liaisons

With the NGPD locked, and the NGDD still on indefinite hiatus, the liaisons are not needed at this time.

So, to summarize, here are some of the things we need to take care of.

1. Integrate EagleRock back into the official chain of command. If either Phantom or Coop83 is no longer interested in their position, we could move things around and work him in like that, but if they're both still interested, we'll have to think of something else.

2. Advancement Officer. Since it's empty due to Lotus's resignation, we need to decide whether or not we need this position...and if we do, precisely what its duties entail...and, if that's decided upon, we need to decide on who gets the job.

3. If there are no objections, I'd like to have Lizzardis take over Coop's position as the Lieutenant Records Officer. He's handling this month's roster, and likely will do it again in the future if it goes smoothly.

Portal Violations Officer

Now, we all half-assed the reporting procedures for the past half-year, so we need to streamline and simplify the process. The new procedure that I'm envisioning works as follows:

1. If someone sees a rulebreaking flash, they report it here in the Barracks to be flagged AND at the Violations Reporting Desk at our forums (you must be logged in to view, as it's in a secure section). The post in the EGB and the forums should details on both the flash itself and its author(s).

A. If the flash is flagged successfully, the Violations Officer can add the offender to the Master Violations List in the appropriate category (such as CP, fileswaps, stolen flash, etc).

B. If the flash is not flagged, the person who first reported it in the EGB is responsible for following up and reporting it to Wade. The Violations Officer will go to the Master Violations thread and add the offending user to the appropriate section, and the offending flash to section 7 (Rulebreaking Flash that Passes Judgment) to be examined at the next seasonal checkpoint (Mar 23, June 23, Sept 23, Dec 23), when it will either be purged due to insufficient evidence or re-sent to Wade if we're absolutely, 100% sure (and with the appropriate evidence) that it is indeed rulebreaking.

2. Suspected cases of rulebreaking that are not certain beyond a reasonable doubt should be brought up in the EGB. If it is determined to be innocent, the matter ends there. If it's determined to be rulebreaking, ONLY THEN should it be mentioned at the Violations Reporting Desk. Remember that we err on the side of caution; better to risk letting a guilty flash escape (and sink into the depths of the Portal) than to wrongly flag an innocent user/submission.

3. Cases of CP trafficking should NOT be reported in the EGB; report them ONLY at the Violations Reporting Desk, and if it remains for more than a day, the person who reported it is responsible for follow-up. We don't want to give the sick fucks the attention they crave.

Note that links to the Violations Reporting Desk and the Master Violations List can be found at the Barracks Bulletin Board, and reporting procedures are listed at the Reporting Desk in case you forget. Anyone can report something to the Violations Reporting Desk, but only EGB forums admins and the Violations Officer will be able to edit the Master Violations List, as it's for CONFIRMED offenders.

(Continued in next post, running out of characters.)

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 10:19:55

(continued from previous post)

So, in summary:

1. Individual EGB members are responsible for reporting rulebreaking flash in the EGB and the Violations Reporting Desk, as well as following up by PM'ing Wade should the flash pass.

2. The Violations Officer would be responsible for moving confirmed/passed rulebreaking users and flash to the Master List, deleting them from the Violations Reporting Desk afterwards, and reporting any confirmed and remaining flashes to Wade after each seasonal checkpoint. They should also periodically sweep the lists for any deleted flashes and users and deleting the posts, so the lists remain up-to-date and uncluttered.

The current Violations Officer is phantomlassuk, who is active. Considering the different and more complex role of the position, I'll have to ask if she wishes to continue in the position.

I'm also considering having more than one person in this role, either as a second Violations Officer or as a Lieutenant (doesn't really matter which), since it will require a lot of activity to maintain the lists. I'll help out when I can, but I'm having a hard enough time running the EGB as it is, so I'll take suggestions and nominations for a second officer. They'll have to be decently active, of course.

And if you need clarification on anything, let me know. Some of this sounds complicated, but it's really just wordy. The basic gist for non-officers is simply "you find it, you report it, you follow up with it".

As mentioned above, wartime positions aren't currently needed, and with the NGPD locked and NGDD inactive, the liaisons are on hold as well. They can be re-created if necessary.

If there are any officer positions that need to be added or changed, feel free to offer suggestions. There's no time limit for this, so if we need to take a while to decide on something, that's okay.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 10:40:43

At 10/1/09 10:18 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Notes: Uncertain if this is necessary. Entertaining suggestions regarding editing of this position.

Personally I don't think that there is a need for this. It's basically a natural occurance that happens after becoming a member of the club as all the members usually kind of chip in with their thoughts. I wouldn't know how to edit it so it was useful though.

While we are on the topic of our schedules I guess I'll show you guys mine. It's been posted in the College Life Club and in my blog also.

Schedule

Monday/Wednesday

Breakfast - 8:30 to 9:00
Geography - 11:15 to 12:05
Cognitive Development - 12:20 to 1:10
Childrens Literature - 3:35 to 4:50
Economics - 5:05 to 6:20
Dinner - 6:30 to 7:00

Tuesday/Thursday

Breakfast - 7:30 to 7:50
Educational Psychology - 8:00 to 9:15
Office job - 9:30 to 12:30
Note taking job for disability office - 2:10 to 3:25
Dinner - 4:30 to 5:00
Weight Room - 5:00 to 6:00

Friday

Breakfast - 8:30 to 9:00
Geography - 11:15 to 12:05
Cognitive Development - 12:20 to 1:10
Dinner - 4:30 to 5:00

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 10:57:24

After looking at some of the schedules you guys posted, I feel bad that most of you have little free time however you're still much more active than me on NG. I suck.

At 10/1/09 10:18 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: 3. Records Officer: Ismael92

Yeah, secured ;)

4. Lt. Records Officer: Coop83
Role: Per above, either through alternating schedule or by taking over when the Records Officer is unable to do the roster.
Notes: Lizzardis, assuming he wants to keep doing this, can have the role.

Lizzardis has experience updating the NGPD roster, and after this day he'll also have experience updating our own. I'm pretty sure that he would do a good job managing the roster if necessary. Also, whenever I leave I think that it will be him the one who will continue with the tradition (provided he wants to, but anyway there's a lot of time left until the day I decide to leave this place).

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 11:07:50

Sorry for the inactivity, I was on vacation in Prague where for the most part, I had a lot of fun.

Regarding official EGB matters, I would consider it an honor to be 2nd Lieutenant however if EagleRock wishes to return to his own creation, I will have no problems with letting him assume the post.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 12:05:31

Well, guess I should add my own recommendations, based on what I've seen as of late. I think it's ironic that I'm the one that's more active than Slash (in the thread anyway). It ALWAYS used to be the opposite, much to his chagrin I'm sure, lol.

Anyway, the recommendations I'm able to make so far, based on what I've seen here:

Portal Violations Officer - Since Slash mentioned the idea of appointing a second officer to this role, I'd say the out-front candidate for that role is SlntCobra1, as he is highly active and is always checking for malicious reviews, etc. He's like a one-man abusive reviews thread... :-). Additionally, he is knowledgeable on regular violators of the rules (reviews, flash, etc.) and he'd be valuable in the role.

Barracks Records Officer - Lizzardis is definitely motivated for the role, and I think he'd make a perfect fit for the role based on his experience in the NGPD and the activity in the thread. However, he does make a good point in that let's see how he does on his first status update. Going through the motions on the EGB side would make sure he enjoys the role here and is suited for the position.

As far as my own situation here, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to run the Barracks once again. I did create this place to fill in that niche that Newgrounds just didn't have for the time, and I'm always happy to be here. Additionally, my time schedule seems to afford me the time necessary to be active around here, where prior events in my life did not.

However, I have been inactive for a long time, and don't really consider it my place to determine where I belong here. I'll leave that up to the other members to decide.

In regards to the other officer roles, I don't see any other recommendations or petitions I can make at the current time, but I'll keep an eye out for what I think. The only other thing I can think of to mention is that the Barracks Advancement Officer position is one that I created to recognize those that were of high status on Newgrounds and acted as good mentors for the other members. Basically, the role gives the bearer the responsibility of being an exemplary role model for the other members (post quality, B/P practices, whistle practices, encouraging to give reviews, etc). Additionally, as an officer, they are brought into the loop on decisions that require officer deliberation and basically are just one more cog to the whole group of officers.

As far as appointing the role goes, it's not a vital position, but I wouldn't recommend the entire role getting tossed for good. I'd either fill it if someone fits the role or leave it inactive until someone comes around that fits the role perfectly. When someone fits that role, you'll know it. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 12:29:51

5. Portal Violations Officer: phantomlassuk
Role: In charge of maintaining a record of all passed flash that are suspected to be stolen and reporting them to Wade. Deleted flashes will be removed from the list, while flashes that remain will be re-evaluated at a later date and either re-reported or dismissed.

ling this month's roster, and likely will do it again in the future if it goes smoothly.

Ok not sure about what you mean there but I would still hopefully like to keep the role. if Notes: With the much simpler Reporting Desk/Master List, this needs tinkering. Not sure what thats means but thanks for the update SlashFirestorm. I read the whole story now and I'm looking forward to the Epilogue.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 13:34:29

At 10/1/09 10:18 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: 1. If someone sees a rulebreaking flash, they report it here in the Barracks to be flagged AND at the Violations Reporting Desk at our forums (you must be logged in to view, as it's in a secure section). The post in the EGB and the forums should details on both the flash itself and its author(s).

I like this idea. The one thing that proved really annoying in the NGPD was having to dig through pages of posts to find those things that slipped through judgement whenever I was putting a PM together to send to Wade. Having them distilled into a thread on the forums sounds much better.

Also, random hypothetical question:

Suppose the NG staff introduce portal mods to help Wade get rid of flashes. Would that make backseat modders out of everyone in the EGB?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 14:45:18

At 10/1/09 10:18 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: It's time to begin the Autumn Officer Assessment.

Here's a list of the current officer roles and the holders of those positions.

Role: In charge of teaching the Barracks lifestyle to all new recruits who need it. Topics that many new recruits need education on include post quality (both in length and grammar; mercy will be shown to non-native-English speakers), B/P'ing (no mass-protecting or targeting of certain groups), and general sociability. The Advancement Officer can report any problems/concerns to the Chief Barracks Officer to be handled on an executive level.

I can handle the social orientation of new recruits and whatnot. Every once and a while back in the NGPD, every time when a hopeful recruit asked to join, I'd often do a quick assessment of their post quality, their B/P rank, and how they conduct themselves on the BBS. I usually like to lok through at least 5 pages of post history of new recruits before I make any decision as to whether they should be in or out of the EGB. As for those I've seen around the forums and know their post history is well done and highly qualified, no need to look through the history.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 15:54:38

At 10/1/09 02:23 PM, Lizzardis wrote:

Thanks for the update Lizzardis.

Barracks Roster 1st October 2009
Heh, sorry for this late roster guys. I was working out some minor....(And major) kinks of which I got stuck on. I do really apologise if anything is wrong in this roster, its much bigger than I actually presumed and I bow down to Ismael's superiority of knowing how to do it so well!

It is much harder then it looks right? Now try updating something like the top reviewers list and see how hard it is. :P

Ah, it's not too bad though if you have that nifty little program that pulls stats, but it's still a hell of a lot of work. I keep telling Sonofkirk that I'll do that top 100 Audio Review list, but every time I try it's just too much work.

The List:
08] 32,055 | 0,144 | 04.8 | + 4.80 Shanus Sup. Com.
09] 30,934 | 0,538 | 17.9 | - 17.90 Fro Sup. Com. 1
10] 30,827 | 0,303 | 10.1 | - 10.13 aldlv Sup. Com. -1

I'm still quite a good distance away from Shanus, but it looks like I'll get there eventually.

aldlv has fallen behind slightly, but he's not too far behind. If I can just keep it up for a few more updates I should be able to stay ahead of him slightly.

Top 5 Gainers
byteslinger - 1,531
Coop83 - 1,340
EagleRock - 1,292
Lizzardis - 1,060
SlntCobra1 - 719

Congrats to B/P whores!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 16:06:17

At 10/1/09 02:23 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Barracks Roster 1st October 2009

Thanks for doing the roster, Lizz!

Heh, sorry for this late roster guys. I was working out some minor....(And major) kinks of which I got stuck on. I do really apologise if anything is wrong in this roster, its much bigger than I actually presumed and I bow down to Ismael's superiority of knowing how to do it so well!

Well, it came out quite well, so I think you have it pretty down pat... :-)

The List:
No. B/P / Gain / Average / Change / Username
05] 39,085 | 1,292 | 43.1 | + 43.07 EagleRock Sup. Com.

Not too bad...Considering I came back around the 10th of September, I'd say that's pretty damn good for the month...

Top 5 Gainers
byteslinger - 1,531
Coop83 - 1,340
EagleRock - 1,292
Lizzardis - 1,060
SlntCobra1 - 719

Oh yeah, I'm back!

Grats to everyone else's achievements and welcome to all the people new to the list!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 16:19:29

This is my schedule.. Between classes and work.

Monday 9am - 1pm
Tuesday 9:30am - 9:15pm
Wednesday 9am - 5pm
Thursday 9:30am - 5pm
Friday 8am - 5pm

Weekends are generally free, however I have an online Bio course, tons of animation homework, plus all my obligations as an RA. When I work a weekend shift I'm on call for 24 hours T_T. My schedule is insane! I have been gradually reajusting my sleep cycle and becoming more and more active on NG again.

In other news: I bought an NG poster today!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 16:29:50

At 10/1/09 12:05 PM, EagleRock wrote: As far as my own situation here, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to run the Barracks once again. I did create this place to fill in that niche that Newgrounds just didn't have for the time, and I'm always happy to be here. Additionally, my time schedule seems to afford me the time necessary to be active around here, where prior events in my life did not.

However, I have been inactive for a long time, and don't really consider it my place to determine where I belong here. I'll leave that up to the other members to decide.

Well, in my humble opinion, I think that you deserve to have an officer position. You created the place, and you did a great job leading it for a lot of time (even if I wasn't active back then).

Well, once you get used to it it's not that difficult, it just take some time. We were all at that point when you don't know how to do it, but fortunately you got around to post it, so don't worry. And if something goes wrong, you can blame me for sucking so much at explaining something, or you can blame Excel for that "list" option, which I swear that must be there in somewhere.

Its either been a very slow month....Or I have done something wrong. I'm going for the first one, as the portal has been very slow over the past few weeks, but then again....The second one could also be a possibility! Haha.

Probably just a slow month ;)

Milestones:
Promotions:

Congrats to these guys!

Entering the list:
Sheizenhammer

Again, welcome to the EGB!

The List:
16] 07,383 | 0,000 | 00.0 | - 0.00 Marsupial Mas. Sgt.
17] 06,791 | 0,045 | 01.5 | + 1.50 ismael92 Stf. Sgt.
18] 06,103 | 0,719 | 24.0 | - 23.87 SlntCobra1 Stf. Sgt. 3

lol, it's been like a year since I started telling myself that someday I would correct my name in there and type Ismael92 with capital "i". By the way, Cobra will probably leave me behind next month, so my new goal is try not to fall behind. I want to get more active in the Portal.

Top 5 Gainers
byteslinger - 1,531
Coop83 - 1,340
EagleRock - 1,292
Lizzardis - 1,060
SlntCobra1 - 719

Congrats guys! (and girl)

Top gainers, repeat offenders: byteslinger (9), Coop83 (8), Lizzardis (2)

Almost 10 months in a row, that's amazing. Keep it up, byte and Coop.

Thanks for the roster!

At 10/1/09 03:54 PM, Fro wrote: It is much harder then it looks right? Now try updating something like the top reviewers list and see how hard it is. :P

Seriously, the amount of time you must put into those lists is insane.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 16:55:29

SlntCobra1 - 6,000 B/P, 4,000 Saves

WHOOHOO!

Promotions:
Lizzardis - Sgt. First Class
SlntCobra1 - Staff Sergeant

IMMA CATCHIN' UP!

The List:

Could you explain how in the hell you calculate all this? I know you're using Excel. Is it like my total gain divided by 30 or by 4? Also, what's with the minus in my change?

Top 5 Gainers
byteslinger - 1,531
Coop83 - 1,340
EagleRock - 1,292
Lizzardis - 1,060

SlntCobra1 - 719

WHOOHOO!!! Let's hope I do better this month.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 17:09:55

At 10/1/09 04:55 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 10/1/09 02:23 PM, Lizzardis wrote: The List:

Could you explain how in the hell you calculate all this? I know you're using Excel. Is it like my total gain divided by 30 or by 4? Also, what's with the minus in my change?

Average = Gain / number of days since last update
Change = Compares current average with last month's

Now I noticed that the Change looks weird with some other people too, it's a minor mistake. Probably a slip up with the "pace O" and "pace N" columns in the Excel file.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 18:21:08

http://idiot-finder.newgrounds.com/news/
post/381585

Sets up the battle against the Charger fans.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 19:10:57

At 10/1/09 02:23 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Promotions:
KingExodus - Corporal
michelinman - Pvt. First Class

Congrats to all of you guys. Mine doesn't really count. It was only 500 more b/p. haha. I should be a corporal pretty easily by next roster though.

Entering the list:
Sheizenhammer

Congrats sheiz. Good to see your dumb ass here finally. :P

The List:
25] 03,473 | 0,643 | 21.4 | ???? michelinman 1st Pte. 5

Meh. I can live with that. Madness day accounted for a good 200 of it though.

26] 03,419 | 0,078 | 02.6 | ???? A-Whal 1st Pte. -1

Z0MG Liz, jew spelled his name wrong n00b! *eats lizzardis* :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 19:19:16

At 10/1/09 02:23 PM, Lizzardis wrote:

Thanks for the update Lizzardis, looks good.

Barracks Roster 1st October 2009

It's not that late @;-}>
It is pretty hard to make a list with so meny people on it, i did make it once and then i knew after that i could not make another update since i was very busy with school and life. So your going to be updating the lists now? It's a good job to have, glad your doing so.

Entering the list:
Sheizenhammer

Welcome to the list, and look at all of the users that are no longer on the list.

The List:
09] 30,934 | 0,538 | 17.9 | - 17.90 Fro Sup. Com. 1
10] 30,827 | 0,303 | 10.1 | - 10.13 aldlv Sup. Com. -1
11] 26,912 | 0,194 | 06.5 | + 6.47 idiot-buster Com.

Well theres no one behind me that i should worry about. I do have to work alot to move up a rank though, Atleast Aldlv is slowing down giving me some room to catch up with him.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-01 20:29:03

Hey, Lizz! Great job - thanks for taking over the roster. I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Its either been a very slow month....Or I have done something wrong. I'm going for the first one, as the portal has been very slow over the past few weeks, but then again....The second one could also be a possibility! Haha.

Yes, this month was very slow...

Well I guess I'd best let you have your roster then. Here you go guys....P.S Don't eat me if I got something wrong :'(

Milestones:
RohantheBarbarian - 18,000 B/P
Lizzardis - 9,000 B/P, 7,000 Saves
SlntCobra1 - 6,000 B/P, 4,000 Saves
King Exodus - 4,000 B/P
michelinman - 3,000 B/P
Ismael92 - 3,000 Blams
EagleRock - 17,000 Saves
ByteSlinger - 30,000 Saves
perfect-insanity - 3,000 Saves

*Salutes* to all those who made a mark here!

Promotions:
KingExodus - Corporal
michelinman - Pvt. First Class

Congrats to you on your well-deserved promotions! Now, don't get cocky!

Entering the list:
Sheizenhammer

Fresh meat...uumm ummm good!

The List:
05] 39,085 | 1,292 | 43.1 | + 43.07 EagleRock Sup. Com.
06] 38,119 | 1,531 | 51.0 | + 51.03 byteslinger Sup. Com.
07] 34,594 | 0,000 | 00.0 | + 0.00 SlashFirestorm Sup. Com.

I'm in good company.

Top 5 Gainers
byteslinger - 1,531
Coop83 - 1,340
EagleRock - 1,292
Lizzardis - 1,060
SlntCobra1 - 719

Usual gang of suspects. Glad I could help!

Top gainers, repeat offenders: byteslinger (9), Coop83 (8), Lizzardis (2)

Just who do we offend, exactly?

Total Gain for the month = 10,738
That's 346.4 points per day, or 11.2 per day per member.

Slow month

September update.

Thanks again, Lizz! Great job!

Oh, and for those who are following my fanfic - here's Chapter 7 - seems like things aren't looking good for our heroine...hehehe...

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature