Be a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

  • 2,008,997 Views
  • 90,892 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:40 AM Reply

I wish the world would end so I didn't have to put up with more Formy flashes, but no. It fucking wins awards, are people mindless drones or something because some little shit and a goth chick is funny? Fucking wrong NG, think better next time.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 08:51 AM Reply

Listening to:

Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite

At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!

It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: One more day until the supposed doomsday. Don't mind me, I just await for absolutely fucking nothing to happen.
I stopped counting, but this is not the first supposed "end of the world". It should've ended in the year 2000 already. And on 06.06.06, if I remember this right.

They're only numbers. :P

No but I've sadly seen too much of it already. Now F/F dragon action on the other hand, that I need to find some more of. O_O
But you can never participate in F/F dragon action. Because, then it wouldn't be F/F action anymore.

However, with my participation it becomes a threesome. You really can't argue with that.

And you should be ashamed.
What can I do? There's no Doctor Who on Free TV. Besides, I have enough stuff to watch already, no need to put even more stuff on my to do list.

Put Doctor Who at a higher priority? Problem is solved!

You forget, he's the last of the Timelords.
He will suffer the same fate as "The Last of the Mohicans".

You don't know who you're dealing with here. He's the fucking Doctor, it's almost impossible for him to die.

Only when you give me a full list right here right now.
How can I, if I don't have one?

Start jotting them down now!

At 12/20/12 05:27 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: I would assume 1992 is when that clip was made but where it was originally meant to be for, I do not know.
That would explain why I've never seen it before. Funny stuff, though.

Their humour back then was way ahead of its time.

At 12/21/12 04:40 AM, Odyssic wrote: I wish the world would end so I didn't have to put up with more Formy flashes, but no. It fucking wins awards, are people mindless drones or something because some little shit and a goth chick is funny? Fucking wrong NG, think better next time.

Always remember: Our portal voters are fucking idiots.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

S-k-y
S-k-y
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 09:25 AM Reply

With that vote, you now have 22,000 experience points.

Tweet!

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 11:58 AM Reply

I've passed 66,000 Saves overnight. Mostly thanks to the huge influx of submissions over the past couple of days.

At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!

I heard it was meant to end at around 7 AM GMT and then I heard 11 AM... I don't know. Perhaps they mean at the end of the day on the Mayan timezone so that would be around 7 AM tomorrow...


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

Coop has now broken up for Xmas. Congratulations to:
LiquidFire: 22,000 Saves
Seamonky: 20,000 Experience
Faggard: Level 40
S-k-y: 22,000 Experience. My friend has acquired a budgie and called him Sky, too!
Auz: 66,000 Saves

Listening to:
Alice Cooper - Fire
Foo Fighters - Razor
Michael Jackson - She Drives Me Wild
Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

At 12/20/12 01:27 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/19/12 03:03 PM, Coop wrote: I have decreed that I will read George R.R. Martin's books before I watch the adaptation.
I did the same thing. There's just no way I would watch the show first, as the books are always better...
But yeah, I strongly recommend picking them up the next chance you get. 5,000+ pages of addicting, super-immersive fantasy = a good read. :P

I've been through the first 12 books of the Dresden Files, so I'm getting to around the 5,000 page mark with that. Plus I'm a Discworld fan, which is tens of thousands of pages by now, with over 30 novels.

The best performance of theirs is O Baterista in Rio.
Ah, yes, the infamous Neal Peart drum solo -the xylophone melody gives me goosebumps every time. He's one of those special musicians that has always inspired me to play music.

Yep, there are quite a few that can be inspirational, yet so few that can be so inspirational.

At 12/20/12 08:25 AM, Odyssic wrote: Those Formy flashes suck.

I quite like them.

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/18/12 04:33 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/16/12 09:21 AM, Bahamut wrote: Saw The Hobbit last night. Glad I took the chance then since it would have been blu-ray for me if otherwise. Thanks to watching that film, I now want to watch LOTR extended trilogy.
I did enjoy this one. Now I have even more Gollum lines to practice :)
I wouldn't mind seeing it again soon. Hopefully I can find time to watch the LOTR extended trilogy sometime over Christmas.

14 hours and 2/3 of a bottle of Southern Comfort saw me through it.

I'm pretty sure deep down inside you that you desire some Dragonite pussy.
And I'm pretty sure that deep down, you're fucking deluded.
Haven't we established that already?

Probably.

I thought to yesterday "Less rain. more snow."
You're just doing that to get on my nerves.
Pretty much yeah

Aargh!

At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!

I thought it was 11am GMT...

Still here...

At 12/18/12 04:33 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/16/12 06:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/14/12 02:36 AM, Coop wrote: We've got warmer weather, but that's also brought some rain with it...
There's nothing wrong with rain. At least, the rain doesn't lie around for weeks and makes me walking around in mud all the time.
Driving through rain is not pleasant, especially when you're reaching speeds of 70 mph+ and so are the vehicles around you.
Driving through a snow storm can't be pleasant as well.

I'm not going to go that fast through snowstorms. Perhaps 20-30 mph.

At 12/21/12 12:55 AM, Xiivi wrote: Congrats to all for their achievements! :)

Ohai Xiivi!


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Member since: May. 10, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

next milestone pass ranked 400 in EXP.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

Just a little political statement: Fuck YOU, NRA!
If they had anything more to say in this country, than every newborn child would get a weapon in their hands. Their logic is just so silly... it's like, if there are too many robberies, people should rob the stores themselves, so no robber can steal anything anymore.

At 12/21/12 08:51 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!
It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.

Yeah, very disappointing. They get your hopes up high, but in the end, nothing happens.

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: One more day until the supposed doomsday. Don't mind me, I just await for absolutely fucking nothing to happen.
I stopped counting, but this is not the first supposed "end of the world". It should've ended in the year 2000 already. And on 06.06.06, if I remember this right.
They're only numbers. :P

Of course they are. I always wondered, why the world should end in the year 2000 (christian calendar) when other calendars where way in the 3000's already. That was just silly... or maybe not as silly as all those other "predictions", heh.

No but I've sadly seen too much of it already. Now F/F dragon action on the other hand, that I need to find some more of. O_O
But you can never participate in F/F dragon action. Because, then it wouldn't be F/F action anymore.
However, with my participation it becomes a threesome. You really can't argue with that.

Yes, but it won't be FF anymore. It would be FFM. ;)

And you should be ashamed.
What can I do? There's no Doctor Who on Free TV. Besides, I have enough stuff to watch already, no need to put even more stuff on my to do list.
Put Doctor Who at a higher priority? Problem is solved!

Where to start? Way back at the beginning with the first doctor? Fuck that, there's not enough time for that.

You forget, he's the last of the Timelords.
He will suffer the same fate as "The Last of the Mohicans".
You don't know who you're dealing with here. He's the fucking Doctor, it's almost impossible for him to die.

"almost impossible" != "impossible"

Only when you give me a full list right here right now.
How can I, if I don't have one?
Start jotting them down now!

I already named a few.

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!
I thought it was 11am GMT...

That's what I heard as well, but nothing happened.

Still here...

I guess we have to wait until the start of the next day in Mexico, then.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

Congratulations To:

S-k-y: 22,000 exp.
Auz: 66,000 saves
LittleWashu: ranked #400 in exp. -I just passed you in b/p :P

At 12/21/12 04:40 AM, Odyssic wrote: I wish the world would end so I didn't have to put up with more Formy flashes, but no. It fucking wins awards, are people mindless drones or something because some little shit and a goth chick is funny? Fucking wrong NG, think better next time.

Foamy seems to be one of those series that people are really polarized over, like people seem to either love it or hate it.
Though I do find Foamy to be a bit on the annoying side, he does make some decent (and mildly amusing) points at times.

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote: I've been through the first 12 books of the Dresden Files, so I'm getting to around the 5,000 page mark with that. Plus I'm a Discworld fan, which is tens of thousands of pages by now, with over 30 novels.

I feel slightly ashamed that haven't read either of those; what genre of books are they? I love series that you can spend a whole summer reading, you get so accustomed to immersing yourself in the story on a daily basis it's almost like you're living a second life. :P


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Just earned 140,000 medal points.


"I await the sweet release of Death. And I plan to take my enemies with me."---Unknown source.
"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 11:20 PM Reply

First time I get in contact with gfox on Steam for over half a fucking year and I'm drunk as helllllllllllllll!


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:05 AM Reply

Congrats to:
S-k-y: 22,000 Experience
Auz: 66,000 Saves
LittleWashu: Rank 400 in Experience
VJF: 140,000 Medal Points

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote: I quite like them.

Can't stand it, if I didn't make that clear. It is an easy save point as well, I refuse to vote high on it.

At 12/21/12 06:39 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Foamy seems to be one of those series that people are really polarized over, like people seem to either love it or hate it.
Though I do find Foamy to be a bit on the annoying side, he does make some decent (and mildly amusing) points at times.

Never understood it.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:11 AM Reply

Listening to:

Thin Lizzy - Thunder & Lightning. Like thunder and lightning, goddamn it's so exciting. It hits you like a hammer. Goddamn!

Thanks to:

Coop. I hope I was an inspiration to your friend. Also, is their Sky blue?
Metal-Therapy
Odyssic

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing it again soon. Hopefully I can find time to watch the LOTR extended trilogy sometime over Christmas.
14 hours and 2/3 of a bottle of Southern Comfort saw me through it.

Alongside to the planned extended trilogy watch, we did attempt to get the soundtrack but it was refunded due to it not being in stock. Ah well, there's plenty of time in the new year to hunt it down.

At 12/21/12 06:20 PM, Haggard wrote: Just a little political statement: Fuck YOU, NRA!
If they had anything more to say in this country, than every newborn child would get a weapon in their hands. Their logic is just so silly... it's like, if there are too many robberies, people should rob the stores themselves, so no robber can steal anything anymore.

I'll say that I'm happy to live in a country that doesn't allow the public to be able to carry guns. However, that doesn't excuse arresting someone just because they attacked someone who was attempting to burgle their house. At the end of the day, people in this country cannot be trusted with guns at all. If they were ever legalized, I imagine it will be chaos.

At 12/21/12 08:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.
Yeah, very disappointing. They get your hopes up high, but in the end, nothing happens.

Well that's it then. Absolutely nothing happened. Most disappointing thing that happened was Margaret Thatcher surviving from her operation.

They're only numbers. :P
Of course they are. I always wondered, why the world should end in the year 2000 (christian calendar) when other calendars where way in the 3000's already. That was just silly... or maybe not as silly as all those other "predictions", heh.

So can we laugh off every end of the world prediction now?

However, with my participation it becomes a threesome. You really can't argue with that.
Yes, but it won't be FF anymore. It would be FFM. ;)

Still something fun, though.

Put Doctor Who at a higher priority? Problem is solved!
Where to start? Way back at the beginning with the first doctor? Fuck that, there's not enough time for that.

No, my recommendation is to start with the modern series. Then, you can watch the new episodes as they arrive. Plus, the episode Rose is a much better paced story than An Unearthly Child which is in four parts.

You don't know who you're dealing with here. He's the fucking Doctor, it's almost impossible for him to die.
"almost impossible" != "impossible"

You better familiarise yourself with his regeneration process.

Start jotting them down now!
I already named a few.

Good, keep it up!


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:13 AM Reply

Base Vote Power: 8.00


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:04 AM Reply

Level 28, a nice early Christmas present for me.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:02 PM Reply

Congratulations To:

VJF: 140,000 medal points
SCTE3: 8.00 base vp
Decky: level 28

At 12/21/12 11:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: First time I get in contact with gfox on Steam for over half a fucking year and I'm drunk as helllllllllllllll!

So, how many pints of Guinness does it take to get a dragon drunk, exactly?

Anyway, tell him to spend a little more time around the BBS -I can only imagine how long his catch-up post would be at this point. :P


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

26,000 Saves. So close to 30,000 total!


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

55,555 B/P. *golf clap*

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/21/12 06:20 PM, Haggard wrote: Just a little political statement: Fuck YOU, NRA!
If they had anything more to say in this country, than every newborn child would get a weapon in their hands. Their logic is just so silly... it's like, if there are too many robberies, people should rob the stores themselves, so no robber can steal anything anymore.
I'll say that I'm happy to live in a country that doesn't allow the public to be able to carry guns. However, that doesn't excuse arresting someone just because they attacked someone who was attempting to burgle their house. At the end of the day, people in this country cannot be trusted with guns at all. If they were ever legalized, I imagine it will be chaos.

Yeah, self defense is something I can understand. But arming yourself, to "protect" you from someone who is armed as well is just silly.

At 12/21/12 08:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.
Yeah, very disappointing. They get your hopes up high, but in the end, nothing happens.
Well that's it then. Absolutely nothing happened. Most disappointing thing that happened was Margaret Thatcher surviving from her operation.

Well, we have to wait until the next day is over. Since some claimed the apocalypse will happen on 23rd. But we will be disappointed again.

They're only numbers. :P
Of course they are. I always wondered, why the world should end in the year 2000 (christian calendar) when other calendars where way in the 3000's already. That was just silly... or maybe not as silly as all those other "predictions", heh.
So can we laugh off every end of the world prediction now?

I'm pretty sure the scientific predictions are right: When the sun explodes, the world will end. But this won't happen any time soon (in 4 billion years, I think).

However, with my participation it becomes a threesome. You really can't argue with that.
Yes, but it won't be FF anymore. It would be FFM. ;)
Still something fun, though.

That's a given.

Put Doctor Who at a higher priority? Problem is solved!
Where to start? Way back at the beginning with the first doctor? Fuck that, there's not enough time for that.
No, my recommendation is to start with the modern series. Then, you can watch the new episodes as they arrive. Plus, the episode Rose is a much better paced story than An Unearthly Child which is in four parts.

I still have to finish X-Files first. Then the Alfred Hitchcock Collection (14 movies). Then the Stanley Kubrick Collection (7 movies) AND the LotR Extended edition as well...
Also, how can I watch new episodes if they aren't shown on Free TV? I won't get any Pay Per View TV channel just to watch that series.

You don't know who you're dealing with here. He's the fucking Doctor, it's almost impossible for him to die.
"almost impossible" != "impossible"
You better familiarise yourself with his regeneration process.

Still it's possible. Or how else could it be that the Daleks killed so many Time Lords?
"Exterminate!"

Start jotting them down now!
I already named a few.
Good, keep it up!

I will name others as they come to my mind, so you have to pay attention. :P


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:36 PM Reply

10,000 Saves


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:36 AM Reply

Level 18!


"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:31 AM Reply

Congrats to:
SCTE3: 8.00 Base VP
Decky: Level 28
DiMono: 26,000 Saves
gamejunkie: 55,000 B/P
Chrausner: 10,000 Saves
SmashLuigiFan1: Level 18

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

Coop looks to have finished his Xmas shopping, except for one gift card. Congratulations to:
LittleWashu: Top 400 Experienced
VJF: 140,000 Medal Points
SCTE3: 8.00 Base Voting Power
Decky: Level 28
DiMono: 26,000 Saves
gamejunkie: 55,555 B/P
Chrausner: 10,000 Saves
SmashLuigiFan1: Level 18

At 12/21/12 06:20 PM, Haggard wrote: Just a little political statement: Fuck YOU, NRA!
If they had anything more to say in this country, than every newborn child would get a weapon in their hands. Their logic is just so silly... it's like, if there are too many robberies, people should rob the stores themselves, so no robber can steal anything anymore.

I totally agree - they are demented in thinking that an increased amount of guns in the hands of the general public actually helps to lower gun crime. Statistically speaking, the more guns there are, the higher a chance that one is going to fall into the hands of someone who would be labelled as "unhinged"

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!
I thought it was 11am GMT...
That's what I heard as well, but nothing happened.

Still here...
I guess we have to wait until the start of the next day in Mexico, then.

Well, it's the 23rd here, so I guess it didn't end, after all. Jim Butcher said that his faith on the Final Doom is shaken, as this is his 7th Apocalypse...

At 12/21/12 06:39 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote: I've been through the first 12 books of the Dresden Files, so I'm getting to around the 5,000 page mark with that. Plus I'm a Discworld fan, which is tens of thousands of pages by now, with over 30 novels.
I feel slightly ashamed that haven't read either of those; what genre of books are they? I love series that you can spend a whole summer reading, you get so accustomed to immersing yourself in the story on a daily basis it's almost like you're living a second life. :P

They are both fantasy, though of very differing styles - Discworld is satirical in its portrayal of Victorian Britain, around the time of the Industrial Revolution. The Dresden Files is a crime fantasy series, focusing around a Wizard in Chicago - the only one who advertises in the Yellow Pages. I've been Reading Dresden for almost a year and I've nearly caught up to the publishing cycle. Look for Book Reviews in the Writing Forum, if you want to read my take on them...

At 12/22/12 09:05 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote: I quite like them.
Can't stand it, if I didn't make that clear. It is an easy save point as well, I refuse to vote high on it.

I still vote each one on their own merrits or flaws, as I perceive them.

At 12/22/12 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: Coop. I hope I was an inspiration to your friend.

No, sorry. Her nana named him Sky

Also, is their Sky blue?

Yes. She was not impressed when I pulled out my phone and started playing ELO's Mr. Blue Sky for her...

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing it again soon. Hopefully I can find time to watch the LOTR extended trilogy sometime over Christmas.
14 hours and 2/3 of a bottle of Southern Comfort saw me through it.
Alongside to the planned extended trilogy watch, we did attempt to get the soundtrack but it was refunded due to it not being in stock. Ah well, there's plenty of time in the new year to hunt it down.

It's worth it, as is the soundtrack for Avatar.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:52 AM Reply

Listening to:

Tyr - How Far to Asgaard

At 12/22/12 12:02 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/21/12 11:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: First time I get in contact with gfox on Steam for over half a fucking year and I'm drunk as helllllllllllllll!
So, how many pints of Guinness does it take to get a dragon drunk, exactly?

Actually, I only had two pints of Guinness while the rest of the night was Stella and shots.

Anyway, tell him to spend a little more time around the BBS -I can only imagine how long his catch-up post would be at this point. :P

I've told him that a million fucking times so why would it even work now? It took him damn long enough to actually speak to me on Steam again.

At 12/22/12 06:19 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/22/12 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'll say that I'm happy to live in a country that doesn't allow the public to be able to carry guns. However, that doesn't excuse arresting someone just because they attacked someone who was attempting to burgle their house. At the end of the day, people in this country cannot be trusted with guns at all. If they were ever legalized, I imagine it will be chaos.
Yeah, self defense is something I can understand. But arming yourself, to "protect" you from someone who is armed as well is just silly.

You don't need a gun to protect yourself but this country sadly has the logic that to arrest someone for burglary, they must go through your house successfully and take whatever they find.

Well that's it then. Absolutely nothing happened. Most disappointing thing that happened was Margaret Thatcher surviving from her operation.
Well, we have to wait until the next day is over. Since some claimed the apocalypse will happen on 23rd. But we will be disappointed again.

Who even cares anymore?

So can we laugh off every end of the world prediction now?
I'm pretty sure the scientific predictions are right: When the sun explodes, the world will end. But this won't happen any time soon (in 4 billion years, I think).

I can accept that prediction but yeah, it's billions of years anyway so fuck it.

Still something fun, though.
That's a given.

Now that I have my dragon character set up, maybe someone can do a commission for me. :P

Also, how can I watch new episodes if they aren't shown on Free TV? I won't get any Pay Per View TV channel just to watch that series.

Buy the box sets!

You better familiarise yourself with his regeneration process.
Still it's possible. Or how else could it be that the Daleks killed so many Time Lords?
"Exterminate!"

The Doctor is fucking amazing so you should never underestimate him.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Fagamut
Fagamut
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Art Lover
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 09:25 AM, S-k-y wrote: With that vote, you now have 22,000 experience points.

With that vote, you now have 22,000 experience points.

VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 07:58 AM Reply

15,000 Saves.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge


"I await the sweet release of Death. And I plan to take my enemies with me."---Unknown source.
"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 08:26 AM Reply

So, what's everyone getting for Christmas?

Congrats to:
Fagamut: 22,000 Experience
VJF: 15,000 Saves

iGranadoz
iGranadoz
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:05 AM Reply

Level 12


Do Not Press -"No Seriously"-
Support NG -"If only I can.."-

Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:11 PM Reply

Congratulations To:

DiMono: 26,000 saves
gamejunkie: 55,555 b/p
Chrausner: 10,000 saves
SmashLuigiFan1: level 18
Fagamut: 22,000 exp. -also fabulous!
VJF: 15,000 saves
Austerity: level 16
iGranadoz: level 12

At 12/23/12 09:46 AM, Coop wrote: They are both fantasy, though of very differing styles - Discworld is satirical in its portrayal of Victorian Britain, around the time of the Industrial Revolution. The Dresden Files is a crime fantasy series, focusing around a Wizard in Chicago - the only one who advertises in the Yellow Pages. I've been Reading Dresden for almost a year and I've nearly caught up to the publishing cycle. Look for Book Reviews in the Writing Forum, if you want to read my take on them...

Isn't there a specific name for fantasy books that incorporate real locations or people into an otherwise fanciful story? The "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman was one such series I read. The characters traveled between multiple dimensions, one of which being our own world -England, to be specific. Everything else I typically like is purely fantasy. (I would say high fantasy, but Game of Thrones is really more low fantasy, I think.)
I'll try to get around to checking out out your reviews on those books -I would love to get hooked on a series of that kind of length.

At 12/23/12 09:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: Actually, I only had two pints of Guinness while the rest of the night was Stella and shots.

Sounds like a good time. :P

Hey, have you ever tried mead? I read one too many fantasy books one day and decided to try the stuff a few years back, it's now one of my favorite drinks. I also discovered the origin of the term "honeymoon" by looking at the back of the bottle. :P

I've told him that a million fucking times so why would it even work now? It took him damn long enough to actually speak to me on Steam again.

So, was there some kind of falling out there, or did he just get tired of NG and leave? (or was it the wife that did him in?) :P

At 12/24/12 08:26 AM, Odyssic wrote: So, what's everyone getting for Christmas?

Nothing. Bah humbug.


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

I hope tomorrow will be a very good day. I just wish I didn't get a nasty pimple close to my left eye before Christmas. D:

Listening to:

Venom - Black Metal

Thanks to:

Odyssic
Metal-Therapy

At 12/24/12 08:26 AM, Odyssic wrote: So, what's everyone getting for Christmas?

I already saw some of what I'll be getting. Next time, my dad should NOT leave stuff that's intended for me lying around in the conservatory when I could walk in at any time for whatever need. This was a day when he went out for Christmas shopping as well so it wasn't carefully hidden.

At 12/24/12 01:11 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/23/12 09:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: Actually, I only had two pints of Guinness while the rest of the night was Stella and shots.
Sounds like a good time. :P

It sure was. When we got to the bar they were playing Helloween's Perfect Gentleman and then Megadeth's Sweating Bullets. However, it turned to a series of shit music for an hour and then good music was played again... and then shit.

Hey, have you ever tried mead? I read one too many fantasy books one day and decided to try the stuff a few years back, it's now one of my favorite drinks. I also discovered the origin of the term "honeymoon" by looking at the back of the bottle. :P

No but it's on my many things to do before I die.

I've told him that a million fucking times so why would it even work now? It took him damn long enough to actually speak to me on Steam again.
So, was there some kind of falling out there, or did he just get tired of NG and leave? (or was it the wife that did him in?) :P

I really have no idea. Maybe his life is busy but I will call bullshit on that if he can play at least 30 hours a week of Steam games. It's like there isn't enough time to reply to my last PM to him... He only remembered me enough to re-add me after my Steam friends clearout. Maybe he'll be lucky to meet me again on Steam. Maybe...


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Coop prepares to welcome in Xmas 2012, while congratulating:
Fagamut: 22,000 Experience
VJF: 15,000 Saves
Austerity: Level 16
iGranadoz: Level 12

Listening to:
Geddy Lee - Slipping
The Beatles - Girl
Queen - No-one But You

Drinking:
Southern Comfort Lime & Dry Ginger. Chin chin.

At 12/24/12 08:26 AM, Odyssic wrote: So, what's everyone getting for Christmas?

Some shelves and perhaps something to go on them, including books, CDs and Blu Rays

At 12/24/12 01:11 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/23/12 09:46 AM, Coop wrote: They are both fantasy, though of very differing styles - Discworld is satirical in its portrayal of Victorian Britain, around the time of the Industrial Revolution. The Dresden Files is a crime fantasy series, focusing around a Wizard in Chicago - the only one who advertises in the Yellow Pages. I've been Reading Dresden for almost a year and I've nearly caught up to the publishing cycle. Look for Book Reviews in the Writing Forum, if you want to read my take on them...
Isn't there a specific name for fantasy books that incorporate real locations or people into an otherwise fanciful story? The "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman was one such series I read. The characters traveled between multiple dimensions, one of which being our own world -England, to be specific. Everything else I typically like is purely fantasy. (I would say high fantasy, but Game of Thrones is really more low fantasy, I think.)

Science-Fantasy? I've not heard of it, though the closest that I have come is Conn Iggulden's Historical fiction, where he takes events such as Ghengis Khan or Julius Ceasar's lives and puts his own spin on their personal histories.

I'll try to get around to checking out out your reviews on those books -I would love to get hooked on a series of that kind of length.

Apparently, Butcher has plans for 24 books in the Dresden Files series. I'm currently reading the 13th, a collection of short stories, called "Side Jobs". Ghost Story is next, then Cold Days, which was only released in August.

At 12/24/12 01:22 PM, Bahamut wrote: I hope tomorrow will be a very good day. I just wish I didn't get a nasty pimple close to my left eye before Christmas. D:

I had something like that come before a cricket awards presentation evening - the one where I actually won an award, so the pictures looked horrible.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature