00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RandomGuyTV just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ds Is Better Than The Psp

5,057 Views | 125 Replies

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:47:40

Oh, I see... nvm then.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:50:20

Opinions are what we should respect... mine says that:
PSP > DS
and its not because I'm a fucking "Fanboy" either, I played the DS several times and I own a PSP, both are very good, but the PSP is better.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:53:04

At 8/5/05 01:36 PM, good_guy_o wrote: Anyone who likes the PSP over the DS is a big gay retarded faggot.

Let the hilarity ensue.

LOL hilarity ensue, lol.

Well i would have to agree with you, not to say the psp is bad at all. I usually prefer the unique innovative gameplay of nintendo rather than good graphics in this case. The DS uses a touch screen, which offers really different gameplay than what you are used to. The PSP doesnt create any new gameplay, but the graphics are superb i must say. The psp also has a bunch of useless accesories, such as the ability to play movies. But wait....you need to buy them, and they can only play on the PSP, Plus the sound on the DS is much better, the PSP's sound seems muffled.

Anyways theres my opinion, none of you have to agree.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-06 00:17:58

At 8/5/05 11:16 PM, da_pope wrote: Seeing how 3 people responded to my argument I will answer the one with the most flawed argument.

At 8/5/05 10:46 PM, good_guy_o wrote: Kirby canvas curse, Meteos, nintendogs, animal crossing, super mario 64, yoshi's touch and go, etc. etc. etc.
Oh yes all of the games I have played (Besides WairoWare, Thats a fun game) use the touchscreen in a way that makes the game seem alot less fun and more like a hassle.

Have you played kirby's canvas curse? Have you played meteos? Have you played Yoshi's touch and go? If not, then you can not make an argument about the touch screen being more of a hassle than fun.

If the DS really was just a gimmick then why the hell is it outselling the PSP?
Because
A. The DS has been out longer
B. The PSP has yet to be released in Europe
C. Japan... If it weren't for the japanese buying anything pointless the DS would have Bombed.

Ok, that still doesn't explain why the DS has beaten the PSP in Japan...

Gonna be out? so then you are agreeing that as of right now the DS has better games making it a better gaming console?
Nope. the DS has what... like 5 games out right now that you can find anywhere? When I go to Wal-mart or Best Buy the DS games take up one little row where the GBA games are and everyone uses games like Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, Castlevania and other games that haven't been released yet in there arguments.

Ok, that still doesn;'t change the fact that those 5 games you speak of our better than anything on the PSP (except lumines, that game is great)

BTW you don't have to be 5 to enjoy titles like nintendogs and animal crossing, Animal crossing took hours and hours away from my life.
Yes you do... Remember Tamagotchi's? Thats exactly what Nintendogs is and I remember those being popular with Kids under 10... Yes maybe you can be entertained by pretending to have a cute little puppy and pretending to take care of it but the General market can't. That game is specifically aimed at a younger demographic... The DS is.

Don't compare tamagotchi's to nintendogs, tamagotchi's were a shitty little device where all you could do is pick up the things shit and feed it, nintendogs has a lot more going for it then meets the eye, I"m not gonna get into it now. I mean, seriously, if nintendogs was a piece of shit game made for 5 year olds, then it wouldn't be doing so well in Japan.

Seriously, can you come up with anything better than the DS is a kiddy console?
It's a gimmicky piece.

I think the sales speak for themselves

According to every gaming magazine I"ve read, the DS games are better than anything on the PSP, sorry but it's the facts.
Oh ya? What magazines are those? Nintendo Power? Gamespots Average PSP game score's are Higher then the Average DS game scores.

I was talking about EGM the most popular video game magazine in the world. I have yet to see a PSP game in that magazine to get higher than a 7 (besides lumines which I said was a great game earlier)

Furthermore, why would I want to watch a movie on the PSP? I have a better portable DVD player, and I have a better MP3 player.
Well do you have it all in one convinient package? and plus Sony didn't put it there to entertain people who already having those, They put them for those who don't.

So, in other words, if I already have that stuff, then I should just skip over the PSP?

First of all, you only get 6 hours if you're only listening to mp3s. Gameplay battery lasts about 2 hours.
BAHAHAHA!!! 2 HOURS!!! You've obviously no nothing about a PSP. I Get an average 6 hours of Gaming out of my PSP and easily 8 or 9 hours of listening to MP3's... Haha 2 hours.

I'll admit I'm not quite sure how long the battery life actually is, I'm going only on what I heard. But that still doesn't change the fact that 6 hours is shit as far as battery life goes. If I were to play it for a few hours and forget to charge it overnight, then it wouldn't even turn on for me.

What happens when you're on a long road trip and the thing just dies on you, looks like you're shit out of luck.
Well thats when you need to find some other way to entertain yourself. You like little kids stuff... Why don't you use your imagination?

I bought the game system as a way to entertain myself. If it can;t even do that, then what's the point in buying it.

Also, what happens when you're watching a movie and right before that million dollar baby chick dies the PSP does? then what?
It wouldn't because the battery agian goes for six hours... If there's a movie that runs for six hours then wow.

Like I said earlier, what if I played it for a whole and forgot to charge it?

um...wrong.
Um Right.

..um...wrong.

Also, I think my argument was a little more thought out than insomniacs.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-06 18:50:39

I agree.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-06 18:53:31

im so confused
ne ways the psp is sooo much better the graphics are frikin low quality and gets movies and pics and a lot of games big deal if ds has touchscreen