00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ds Is Better Than The Psp

5,051 Views | 125 Replies

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 20:10:24

Isn't the DS just a GB with new games and a second screen? ... An incredibly pointless second screen.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 20:12:42

At 8/5/05 08:10 PM, WickerBasketOfDoom wrote: Isn't the DS just a GB with new games and a second screen? ... An incredibly pointless second screen.

Thats what ive been saying since it came out. Plus how big are those screens, like 2.5 inches? The psp is 5, so you can actually see what is happening.

o_O

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 20:47:09

At 8/5/05 04:59 PM, Kaabi wrote: DS is a better video game system, PSP is a better portable media device. EDN.

lol the ds also has grand theft auto liberty citys coming out.

oh, and the ds also has midnight club 3 out to, right?

oh, and the ds has mvp baseball?

oh, and the ds also has the newest metal gear?

oh, and the ds can run EMULATORS AND GBA GAMES AND NES AND SNES GAMES FOR FREE.

oh, and the ds can play music.

oh, and the ds can play movies.

ds is a joke compared to psp. don't kid yourself junior.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 20:50:12

At 8/5/05 01:36 PM, good_guy_o wrote: Anyone who likes the PSP over the DS is a big gay retarded faggot.
My name is good_guy_o, and I suck at life, I like the DS because I like to play shitty games that suck complete ass. Please kill me..

You're wrong about the PSP vs DS issue but the other stuff was right

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:17:07

Lol, I like posting this

DS= best Gaming Handheld system
PSP=Best technology
Since gaming=gaming
then DS=best gaming system.

Don't compare technology(without effort in gaming) To the DS. It's getting old.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:18:15

At 8/5/05 01:36 PM, good_guy_o wrote: Anyone who likes the PSP over the DS is a big gay retarded faggot.

Let the hilarity ensue.

Why do you have to suck so much all the time, good_guy?

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:28:42

DS is way way more inovative than the PSP. PSP is just a smaller version of the PS2 whith a dual drive.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:31:56

You forgot that the selection of games is better than the DS. Plus, how many games have acutally made full use of the Stylus and second screen? The DS is just too gimmicky. They are really fishing out of the bottom of the barrel for innovative ideas rather than just trying to bring in good solid gameplay and selection.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:33:31

I have both the DS and the PSP so i have been able to compare them with great accuracey and this is my opinion:

They are both good portables but the PSP is a little bit better than the DS with the ability to connect to your router( unfortunately mine wont connect :( )and ability to upload music and videos to the memory stick which i think beats the DS's capabilities.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:34:37

At 8/5/05 01:55 PM, -Kappa- wrote: LYKE NOKIA PWNZORZ THE FUCKZORSZ OUTR OF SD AND PPS. HAHAHHAHA

Sorry you had to read that Xo

best post ever

I left newgrounds for a year and when I came back my entire signature is gone?! What the fuck man, that ain't cool.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:35:04

At 8/5/05 08:10 PM, WickerBasketOfDoom wrote: Isn't the DS just a GB with new games and a second screen? ... An incredibly pointless second screen.

Can you say Decline of Video Gaming 2 quote?

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:45:01

yep, my name should speak for this topicv.
i'll be rootin' for teh ol' DS.

ps: PSP should die

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 21:59:33

At 8/5/05 08:47 PM, Daedalus- wrote:
At 8/5/05 04:59 PM, Kaabi wrote: DS is a better video game system, PSP is a better portable media device. EDN.

Do I care? NO!

Do I care? NO!

Do I care? NO!

Do I care? NO!
These games, I'd rather play on my PS2.

I still have an SNES, and GBA, so I don't care. And aren't emulators illegal?

Like I care about that. Get an iPod, or a walkman.

Movies I could just watch, at my house, or my portable DVD player.

DS has platformers, which most of the population loves. Pisp barely has any platformers.
Don't kid yourself.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:09:02

At 8/5/05 08:47 PM, Daedalus- wrote:

lol the DS games get the highest ratings in every game magazine.

oh, and the DS has a battery life that is longer than 2 hours.

oh, and the DS has the most innovative titles out on the market today.

oh, and the DS won't break if you drop it.

oh, and the DS's controls actually work

oh, and the DS's save files actually work.

oh, and the DS doesn't have shit games like mvp baseball, and liberty city stories.

oh, and the DS has midnight club 3 as well.

oh, and the DS is affordable.

oh, and the DS is reliable.

oh, and the DS has outsold the PSP 5 to 1 worldwide.

oh, and the DS does NOT take one of nintendo's biggest franchises and turn it into a fucking card game.

Oh, and the DS has killer apps.

Oh, and the much-hyped DS games don't suck (death jr.)

Oh, and the DS plays Nintendo titles. ( quite frankly, that's all it needs)

Oh, and the DS's screen doesn't have broken pixels.

Oh, and the DS games(which are better than the PSP's says EGM) cost 20 dollars less than the DS's.

Oh, and the DS's game library isn't just shitty ports.

And about the emulator thing, notice how you only named nintendo systems, seems noone wants to play playstation games for some reason...

The PSP is a joke game system compared to the DS. Don't kid yourself junior.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:11:31

At 8/5/05 10:09 PM, good_guy_o wrote:
Oh, and the DS games(which are better than the PSP's says EGM) cost 20 dollars less than the DS's.

Meant to say the DS games cost 20 dollars less than the PSP's I hope you idiots caught the typo.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:12:57

good_guy_o is right, and I agree with him, 100%.

Filler text.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:15:33

Let the hilarity ensue.

yea. but the ps3 is gonna outsell the new GC.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:16:36

At 8/5/05 10:15 PM, anti_nazi wrote:

Let the hilarity ensue.
yea. but the ps3 is gonna outsell the new GC.

That is probably going to be true, but don't count your chickens before they hatch, we have seen almost nothing on the revolution yet.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:21:12

At 8/5/05 10:17 PM, twosickminds wrote: i,ve heard that if you drop a psp you can either break up to 20 pixels or the screen will come off or the whole will break by itself i hav a DS i do agree the second screen is pintless but its cool cuz you can touch it anyway anyway i was at my friends housee and somehow the DS managed to fal mabey 20-40 ft when it landed i picked it up and nothing happened to it

True. I dropped my DS about 5 feet, nothing, no scratches.

oh yeah although the psp is more slick in its desighn to the DS its also more annoying cuz the buttons are to close to the screen!! the memory stick costs 150$ for 1kb abd 200$ for 2kb WTF?!?!?!?

A completely outrageous price.

the DS doesn't even need one lastly battery power SUCKS for the PSP and the games are to much !!

Now I agree with you there.

The edge: DS is better then the PSP any i wish the brutal battle will soon be over

Overall, you know what's going on, and basically, you know the truth.

Filler text.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:33:07

So now that this has become a serious DS vs PSP topic it is my turn to lay down the pwn on some nin-fanboys.

- The DS is a Gimmicky Joke... I think there's what? One, maybe two games that actually use the Touch Screeen.

- The Games that are gonna be on the PSP are much better then what the DS is going to get. GTA, Devil May Cry, Socom, they all kick the crap out of Nintendogs and Animal Crossing (what are you 5!?)

- Most you fanboys hide behind the fact that the DS can do Fuck all besides play games at a crappy level and then call it "A Console for GAMING" well guess what!? The PSP is also a gaming console and it plays Games at a much higher quality then the DS. So on top of the superb gaming you get an MP3 player, The Ability to Watch movies and an Internet browser!

- Sure the battery life on the PSP might not be to great but if you need a PSP for more then 6 hours that often that it becomes a pain in the ass then you really need a life... There's also powerboxes that cost like $30 and give you double the gametime.

So yes... The PSP definetly kicks the living fuck out of the DS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:34:26

DS SUCKS ASS!!!!!!! mother fuckers!

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:41:18

At 8/5/05 10:34 PM, Kratos_1023 wrote: DS SUCKS ASS!!!!!!! mother fuckers!

If DS sucks, then I wonder how much suckier the PSP can get, Considering DS is just plain better in gaming.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:41:35

Once I saw da_pope online, I knew that he was gonna rag on the DS, to which I lay down my counter argument.

At 8/5/05 10:33 PM, da_pope wrote: So now that this has become a serious DS vs PSP topic it is my turn to lay down the pwn on some nin-fanboys.

Sony fanboy...

- The DS is a Gimmicky Joke... I think there's what? One, maybe two games that actually use the Touch Screeen.

More games on the way, with arcade flying type shooters, a game where you are a lawyer and participate in numerous minigames using the touch screen, and an innovating game where you have to preform surgery using the DS. The PSP is only promising recycled garbage when it comes to future releases.

- The Games that are gonna be on the PSP are much better then what the DS is going to get. GTA, Devil May Cry, Socom, they all kick the crap out of Nintendogs and Animal Crossing (what are you 5!?)

Ahh, yes, the good ol kiddy gaming card that basically split the gaming community. Opinions man, they're beautiful aren't they. I'd rather play games that are fun rather than games that just try to continue to attempt to split the handheld market.

- Most you fanboys hide behind the fact that the DS can do Fuck all besides play games at a crappy level and then call it "A Console for GAMING" well guess what!? The PSP is also a gaming console and it plays Games at a much higher quality then the DS. So on top of the superb gaming you get an MP3 player, The Ability to Watch movies and an Internet browser!

Yes, thats true, but than again, the PSP couldn't hold itself up as a gaming console, so it had to go and try to marry it with some other media devices. Shit with a computer on it is still shit. Good graphics don't make good games.

- Sure the battery life on the PSP might not be to great but if you need a PSP for more then 6 hours that often that it becomes a pain in the ass then you really need a life...

Yeah, but than again, I and many other people have been playing games for more than 6 hours at a time. Can't fuel an argument with generalizations.

There's also powerboxes that cost like $30 and give you double the gametime.

I don't want to spend more money just to cover up for Sony's fuckups.

Sorry but no. <3.

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:46:25

At 8/5/05 10:33 PM, da_pope wrote: So now that this has become a serious DS vs PSP topic it is my turn to lay down the pwn on some nin-fanboys.

Kirby canvas curse, Meteos, nintendogs, animal crossing, super mario 64, yoshi's touch and go, etc. etc. etc. If the DS really was just a gimmick then why the hell is it outselling the PSP?

Gonna be out? so then you are agreeing that as of right now the DS has better games making it a better gaming console? BTW you don't have to be 5 to enjoy titles like nintendogs and animal crossing, Animal crossing took hours and hours away from my life. Seriously, can you come up with anything better than the DS is a kiddy console?

According to every gaming magazine I"ve read, the DS games are better than anything on the PSP, sorry but it's the facts. Furthermore, why would I want to watch a movie on the PSP? I have a better portable DVD player, and I have a better MP3 player.

- Sure the battery life on the PSP might not be to great but if you need a PSP for more then 6 hours that often that it becomes a pain in the ass then you really need a life... There's also powerboxes that cost like $30 and give you double the gametime.

First of all, you only get 6 hours if you're only listening to mp3s. Gameplay battery lasts about 2 hours. What happens when you're on a long road trip and the thing just dies on you, looks like you're shit out of luck. Also, what happens when you're watching a movie and right before that million dollar baby chick dies the PSP does? then what?

um...wrong.

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 22:54:42

Go on and try.

WW:Touched.
Minigames on Super Mario.
Kirby: Canvas Curse.
Meteos.
etc.

Castlevania, that's coming for DS. And many of us happen to like platformers, liked me.

- Most you fanboys hide behind the fact that the DS can do Fuck all besides play games at a crappy level and then call it "A Console for GAMING" well guess what!? The PSP is also a gaming console and it plays Games at a much higher quality then the DS.

Who cares about quality? Gameplay, and replay value matters.

So on top of the superb gaming you get an MP3 player, The Ability to Watch movies and an Internet browser!

Buy an iPod, a TV, and use something called a computer. I don't care about the MP3 player, or the ability to watch movies. I'll just use my DVD player.

Like I care.

DS>Pisp. And you put up a failed argument.

Filler text.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:16:14

Seeing how 3 people responded to my argument I will answer the one with the most flawed argument.

At 8/5/05 10:46 PM, good_guy_o wrote: Kirby canvas curse, Meteos, nintendogs, animal crossing, super mario 64, yoshi's touch and go, etc. etc. etc.

Oh yes all of the games I have played (Besides WairoWare, Thats a fun game) use the touchscreen in a way that makes the game seem alot less fun and more like a hassle.

If the DS really was just a gimmick then why the hell is it outselling the PSP?

Because
A. The DS has been out longer
B. The PSP has yet to be released in Europe
C. Japan... If it weren't for the japanese buying anything pointless the DS would have Bombed.

Gonna be out? so then you are agreeing that as of right now the DS has better games making it a better gaming console?

Nope. the DS has what... like 5 games out right now that you can find anywhere? When I go to Wal-mart or Best Buy the DS games take up one little row where the GBA games are and everyone uses games like Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, Castlevania and other games that haven't been released yet in there arguments.

BTW you don't have to be 5 to enjoy titles like nintendogs and animal crossing, Animal crossing took hours and hours away from my life.

Yes you do... Remember Tamagotchi's? Thats exactly what Nintendogs is and I remember those being popular with Kids under 10... Yes maybe you can be entertained by pretending to have a cute little puppy and pretending to take care of it but the General market can't. That game is specifically aimed at a younger demographic... The DS is.

Seriously, can you come up with anything better than the DS is a kiddy console?

It's a gimmicky piece.

According to every gaming magazine I"ve read, the DS games are better than anything on the PSP, sorry but it's the facts.

Oh ya? What magazines are those? Nintendo Power? Gamespots Average PSP game score's are Higher then the Average DS game scores.

Furthermore, why would I want to watch a movie on the PSP? I have a better portable DVD player, and I have a better MP3 player.

Well do you have it all in one convinient package? and plus Sony didn't put it there to entertain people who already having those, They put them for those who don't.

First of all, you only get 6 hours if you're only listening to mp3s. Gameplay battery lasts about 2 hours.

BAHAHAHA!!! 2 HOURS!!! You've obviously no nothing about a PSP. I Get an average 6 hours of Gaming out of my PSP and easily 8 or 9 hours of listening to MP3's... Haha 2 hours.

What happens when you're on a long road trip and the thing just dies on you, looks like you're shit out of luck.

Well thats when you need to find some other way to entertain yourself. You like little kids stuff... Why don't you use your imagination?

Also, what happens when you're watching a movie and right before that million dollar baby chick dies the PSP does? then what?

It wouldn't because the battery agian goes for six hours... If there's a movie that runs for six hours then wow.

um...wrong.

Um Right.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:20:46

At 8/5/05 11:16 PM, da_pope wrote: Oh ya? What magazines are those? Nintendo Power? Gamespots Average PSP game..

I just want to point out the fact that Gamespots history with giving new sony console games high scores can be seen with the release of the PS2 earlier. The PS2's earlier games basically got higher ratings, while they did not really deserve them. As time progresed, PS2 game's ratings averaged out to the ratings they should get. The same is going with the PSP. In due time the ratings will balance theirselves out.

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:35:30

At 8/5/05 10:54 PM, InsOmniaC777 wrote: Minigames on Super Mario 64.
Kirby: Canvas Curse.
Meteos.
etc.

And a few more which I wish to add to the list:

Band Bros.
JUMP! Superstars
Pac Pix
Pac'n Roll

Castlevania, that's coming for DS. And many of us happen to like platformers, liked me.

And many of us know that 2D Castlevania > 3D Castlevania

Who cares about quality? Gameplay, and replay value matters.

On the other hand, PSP's UMDs are capable of storing much more information thus allowing longer gameplay if the designs allow it.

Buy an iPod, a TV, and use something called a computer. I don't care about the MP3 player, or the ability to watch movies. I'll just use my DVD player.

Yes and no. Some people don't mind the small screen during video playback. And since its portability is superior to that of a portable DVD Player, it's an ideal entertainment system for Travellers.

Like I care.

If you ever get to owning a PSP, yes.

DS > PSP. And you put up a failed argument.

I won't even bother answering to this junk.

Seriously. Some of you people are really, really stupid.

How can I say that? It's simple; because fanboys that spam and bitch about how one is better than the other are INCAPABLE of enjoying the best of the two systems.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:41:50

So everyone here is a fanboy, right?

Response to The Ds Is Better Than The Psp 2005-08-05 23:46:05

At 8/5/05 11:41 PM, BillSUX wrote: So everyone here is a fanboy, right?

Are you dense? Read the damn thread from beginning to end.

Next Release ETA: ?