00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vegeta210 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

10 Anniversary Collab Idea?

82,360 Views | 2,225 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 01:11:25

im not a good flash artist but if you need help with sounds then im your man i got evey thing you need i got pro-tools to fix up the sounds any sounds ill get for you so if you need help with that e mail me at player_down@hotmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 13:30:32

Well guys I'm gonna be gone for a week. I'll be back on friday. Cheddar I sent you a working .fla file. I can't wait to see how much this project has progressed on Friday. See you later.

-Cheese

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 15:06:12

Dang it, did my link work? If it's not, just let me know. I didn't use imageshack to upload it so it might not work for everyone...

Anyway, is there any way to get more people?! We still need quite a few more! Maybe if we stick a link to this topic in our sigs, it would be good advertising. It's for a worthy cause afterall.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 16:31:38

Added Shadow, deleted Background. Any questions? (Yes, that IS my horrible, HORRIBLE voice)

10th Anniversary Collab

Suggestions?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 17:08:01

Aww that's actually pretty cute ^^

The only suggestion I can think of is make it a little longer. Maybe make something happen after he says the number? Cheddar wanted these to be around 2 to 3 seconds long and yours barely breaks 1 second.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 18:54:54

At 7/17/05 04:31 PM, Flea_Productions3 wrote: Added Shadow, deleted Background. Any questions? (Yes, that IS my horrible, HORRIBLE voice)

10th Anniversary Collab

Suggestions?

Yo thats great Flea! How did you make the shadow so good?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 19:21:56

Ok since nobody commented I guess my link didn't work. Try this one and tell me how I did please?

http://img351.images..bmissionfinal4bf.swf

And does anybody else find my idea of sticking a link to this topic in our sigs a good idea???

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 19:30:04

At 7/17/05 07:21 PM, Ultimate_TH wrote: Ok since nobody commented I guess my link didn't work. Try this one and tell me how I did please?

http://img351.images..bmissionfinal4bf.swf

And does anybody else find my idea of sticking a link to this topic in our sigs a good idea???

Very nice in that it gets the job done. Animation was solid but we didn't get a good look at what the dragon was burning. In any case, I think it rocks.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 19:37:17

It's a stick dude he's burning. Can't see him well cause of the dark shadow. Which I could not make grey, otherwise you'd see the dragon's inner shading outlines...that would have made it look yucky.

How's every who hasn't shown a preview doing so far? So to finished maybe?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 19:50:26

At 7/17/05 07:37 PM, Ultimate_TH wrote: It's a stick dude he's burning. Can't see him well cause of the dark shadow. Which I could not make grey, otherwise you'd see the dragon's inner shading outlines...that would have made it look yucky.

Ya, yours rocks, I guess anyone who wants a dragon voice in theres has a good one.....lol, so can u record dragon voice saying "2" kthxbi.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 19:54:38

Oh and Cheddar, are our alias' going to be included in the collab? Can we put them in the corner or something?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 20:46:51

Dang this place needs an edit function...I'm making so many ugly typos it's making me sick!

Cheddar hasn't been only much of late. Wonder why...

Anyway, I can answer your question Chiefhaydon. Yes, you can put your alias in the corner somewhere. We all want to know who did each piece afterall :)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 21:50:23

alright cheddar, if you stll need more people, count me in. emailing you now

I love this site! Free Open Forum - It's like editorials on crack. For everyone.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-17 22:53:31

At 7/17/05 07:50 PM, Deltaforce123 wrote:
At 7/17/05 07:37 PM, Ultimate_TH wrote: It's a stick dude he's burning. Can't see him well cause of the dark shadow. Which I could not make grey, otherwise you'd see the dragon's inner shading outlines...that would have made it look yucky.

Ya, yours rocks, I guess anyone who wants a dragon voice in theres has a good one.....lol, so can u record dragon voice saying "2" kthxbi.

Oops...uh sorry dude, I don't have a mic. I got the dragon's voice from llammalrdsofsci. Sorry XP

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 01:22:32

Anyway, IF i'm in cheddar, that guy below my post will be my character. Made a dude and a new banner for the forum all in one fell swoop...

I love this site! Free Open Forum - It's like editorials on crack. For everyone.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 01:46:12

i like the sound of the idea...id love to join in...i just need to know what to do basicly..

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 04:24:14

ok, i know it's a little long for this, and cheddar hasn't even confirmed that i'm on it, but....i was bored. besides the chart says that i should be able to join =]

check it:

Viros' contribution

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 05:34:31

Ok guys, VERY sorry I haven't been online recently, I have a job and somewhat of a busy one at that but I'm still here!

Viros thanks for doing yours so fast and not even being on the list yet!! It is a little long though and I wonder if you could shorten it just a little.

Remember everyone who joins I need to know the Group and the Number that you want to use in this piece. Otherwise I can't give you a place!

Ched79. duskj79@hotmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 05:41:55

yeah, group 2, number 10 if possible, otherwise, any ten thereafter.

I know it's long...if i take out the first "Bounce" of the orb, it should rectify the problem. it'll bring it to about 80 frames at 24 fps anyway

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 05:55:35

This is my new, shorter version.

hrm, nothing else for now i guess. I could've sworn there was something else...

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 06:00:09

THEY NEED A BLOODY EDIT BUTTON!

I remember now. I don't do mouths (usually), so that's why he doesn't have one. Just thought i'd clear that up before people started asking questions.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:13:47

At 7/18/05 01:46 AM, Jm_darklord wrote: i like the sound of the idea...id love to join in...i just need to know what to do basicly..

Well since we are somewhat desperate for more people, I'll re-post the info again.

First off, basically anyone can join! We still have plenty of spaces open too, so joining wouldn't be a problem. We want to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Newgrounds and we need 100 people to do this, so come on in!

Want to know the details? Sure thing! All we ask is that you pick a number 1-10, create a character, and then animate that character saying that number. Simple no?

Here are a few simple steps to get you started.

1. Pick a number 1-10.
2. Then pick which of the 10 groups you want to be in.
3. Design a character (original or from newgrounds..but we'd prefer original)

Once you've done these three simple steps, you can start work on your contribution! Simply animate your character saying the number you picked (not the group you picked...the number). Here are the details/guidelines to keep in mind while you work.

-The stage must be 500x400 px. No more no less.
-It must run at 24 fps.
-While we will accept all types of animation, we don't want any rated R flashes ok? No nudity or anything of the sort ya got that?
-The background must be white (unless you can convince Cheddar79 that your character would look better with a different color).
-Give it a shadow. There's a simple step-by-step method on shadowing on page 2 of this topic so give it a peek if you need to.
-Keep the length of the entire piece between 2-3 seconds. That's about 60-80 frames. Try to keep it within these limits.
-Put your name somewhere in the flash so everyone will know which one is yours! :)
-There is no due date for this yet, so you have plenty of time to perfect your animation. Once we get more people, a due will be set however.
-Want an example of what we are looking for? Try this: http://img345.images..e=ryansmith110rl.swf

And that's all there is to it! Remember, all you need to do is animate your character saying the number you picked (for example, if you are in group 4, number 7, your character will say "7"). Once you've finished, send both the .fla and the .swf files to duskj79@hotmail.com.

Spaces are limited, but there's still plenty of slots open so hurry and pick one you like before somebody else gets it! Here are the slots still available (WARNING: Not completely up to date...some slots that appear free may be taken)

http://www.newground..bbs42d8693ae9ab0.jpg

If you still have questions, please feel free to ask, or e-mail Cheddar79 at duskj79@hotmail.com.

BTW Viros, that's perfect. Are you going to put in a mouth eventually though?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:20:25

At 7/18/05 02:13 PM, Ultimate_TH wrote: -The stage must be 500x400 px. No more no less.

That's the second time I've seen that posted. I thought it was going to be the default, which is 550 x 400... ?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:23:38

I know that Cheddar said the default size, but then he said 500x400 px right next to it. I believe he wants the 500x400 size, but once he's back on, I'll ask him to make sure.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:25:20

so just a number from 1-10 in 2-3 secs? what are the groups for then?

If you would like to discuss something do not hesitate to contact me

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:27:26

The groups are merely to show the order on who goes first. Group 1 will appear first and says there numbers in order, then group 2, then group 3, and so on until we end it with group 10.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:30:05

At 7/18/05 02:27 PM, Ultimate_TH wrote: The groups are merely to show the order on who goes first. Group 1 will appear first and says there numbers in order, then group 2, then group 3, and so on until we end it with group 10.

ahhh that explains it more, what openings are left, and is fbf ok?

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:36:05

Check the link below to see what slots are open. (group 2, number 10 is taken though, its not shown in the chart cause I'm not the one who updates it)

http://www.newground..bbs42d8693ae9ab0.jpg

And yes you can do fbf if you want. Just be sure to follow the guidelines stated a few posts up ^^

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:40:12

well i think then ill take group 2 slot 5. but be warned my flash skills are not up to par like u guys

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 14:49:28

Alright then, you now have a spot! Just do the best you can with your flash and you should be fine. You've got plenty of time to tune it up anyway, and you can post a preview for us so we can give you suggestions and helpful tips :)