• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 12:56 PM

At 5/10/07 09:19 AM, Astrono wrote:
At 5/10/07 09:10 AM, SBB wrote:
At 5/10/07 07:53 AM, Astrono wrote:
At 5/10/07 07:42 AM, MackerelSalad wrote: the guy has to quit this...
Which guy?
most likely that DMK0Rsomethingforgetwhathisnamewas guy...
You mean the Drum 'n' Bass Capslock guy

Yeh, that one.
He made me laugh too, actually, I saw his profile, hilarious!

BBS Signature
Zodiak7
Zodiak7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 01:02 PM

At 5/10/07 12:56 PM, MackerelSalad wrote: He made me laugh too, actually, I saw his profile, hilarious!

Favorite Bands:

PX4
DIMRAIN47
DUNNO LOL

lol

MackerelSalad
MackerelSalad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 01:10 PM

At 5/10/07 01:02 PM, Zodiak7 wrote:
At 5/10/07 12:56 PM, MackerelSalad wrote: He made me laugh too, actually, I saw his profile, hilarious!
Favorite Bands:

PX4
DIMRAIN47
DUNNO LOL

lol

hahaha

BBS Signature
Astrono
Astrono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 01:13 PM

I didn't know that Dimrain47 was a band, i thought it was one person making music here on Newgrounds.
And which band names themselves "Dunno lol"? XD

Zodiak7
Zodiak7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 01:19 PM

At 5/10/07 01:13 PM, Astrono wrote: I didn't know that Dimrain47 was a band, i thought it was one person making music here on Newgrounds.

Uhm yeah he is one guy. You don't have to take the band stuff so serious :)

preffertobedead
preffertobedead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 01:41 PM

At 5/10/07 01:13 PM, Astrono wrote: I didn't know that Dimrain47 was a band, i thought it was one person making music here on Newgrounds.

oh man! didn't u know??? Dimrain truly is Huey Lewis and the News! O.o

The Audio Forum Lounge

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.
PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature
preffertobedead
preffertobedead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 04:19 PM

At 5/10/07 03:00 PM, DNBMAK0R wrote:
At 5/10/07 01:41 PM, preffertobedead wrote:
At 5/10/07 01:13 PM, Astrono wrote:

oh! u did NOT just insulted HUEY!

Huey is better than u and than Dimrain!

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.
PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 05:09 PM

At 5/10/07 04:19 PM, preffertobedead wrote: Huey is better than u and than Dimrain!

I second this statement.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 07:19 PM

Hey guyssss

I've been at a sound fair with loads of good and fun stuff. Like... well, they had shitload of fun mixers, and other fun stuff.

i was really amazed by a touchscreen interface where one could have ten different touchpoints at the same time, and design it yourself (you could choose how many faders and knobs and whatever you wanted, and then of course program them all with midi to whatever program you use).

lots of whoaaaa stuff around there. yum. i think i've pretty mch decided that i'm gonna continue to study sound, i'm loóking at becoming a sound engineer (what i've studyied now is actually 1/3 of that program). However, i need to spend a year reading up on alot of physics, maths, chemistry and other natural science subject... :-/

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

ShinDenjin
ShinDenjin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 07:20 PM

hey Ruck... think you can wire me a link where I can find that touch screen interface? Sounds like it rocks and I wanna see if I can use it for my own projects =D

Die...

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 07:26 PM

At 5/10/07 07:20 PM, ShinDenjin wrote: hey Ruck... think you can wire me a link where I can find that touch screen interface? Sounds like it rocks and I wanna see if I can use it for my own projects =D

hmmm i cant remember what it was called right now (ive been hungovered all day, and things seem to stick in my head alot worse when im in that state of mind:) I'll see if i can find out what it was tomorrow.
But just so you know, it's REALLY expencive, like 3000+USD :(

one con with it was a slight delay/latency with it, so maybe it isn't the ultimate thing for live-performances, but for studio production, it's da shit. well maybe not, but it rocks :)

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

ShinDenjin
ShinDenjin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 08:06 PM

At 5/10/07 07:26 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 5/10/07 07:20 PM, ShinDenjin wrote: hey Ruck... think you can wire me a link where I can find that touch screen interface? Sounds like it rocks and I wanna see if I can use it for my own projects =D
hmmm i cant remember what it was called right now (ive been hungovered all day, and things seem to stick in my head alot worse when im in that state of mind:) I'll see if i can find out what it was tomorrow.
But just so you know, it's REALLY expencive, like 3000+USD :(

one con with it was a slight delay/latency with it, so maybe it isn't the ultimate thing for live-performances, but for studio production, it's da shit. well maybe not, but it rocks :)

damn... but it's definitely something I wanna check out. 3000+ US? hell, I can get a budget worked out for that. Delay/latency aside, I don't go live unless I'm paid enough so it'll work out either way.

And wtf were you doing drunk off your arse? And you didn't invite us along for the ride? I'm hurt =p

Die...

Anima-Theory
Anima-Theory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 08:42 PM

At 5/10/07 10:26 AM, ZENON wrote:
At 5/10/07 02:15 AM, Anima-Theory wrote: HEY

I'm back ^_^
Hey man, been a long time since I've seen you around :) How've ya been?

Not bad, how's the music going?

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature
Glib
Glib
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 09:00 PM

Zenon has joined the Reason crowd.

3 cheers!

Father-of-Death
Father-of-Death
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 09:45 PM

i don't care about shit anymore.....

how's your guys' lifes goin?

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 09:48 PM

At 5/10/07 09:45 PM, Father-of-Death wrote: i don't care about shit anymore.....

how's your guys' lifes goin?

Fine... I guess.

I fucking hate math!
Father-of-Death
Father-of-Death
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 09:50 PM

well my dad is trying to get me to live over in ohio with him so i can work and make money for him.....

he can't do anything him self....

he doesn't give a shit about me....

JoeyNukes
JoeyNukes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 10:23 PM

Thats cool, my mom thanks to my teachers think I'm a problem child because I got 3 referrals in the past month I didn't deserve. Seriously they were the most bullshit things I've ever heard. And I'm gonna fail 8th grade. I can't do anything right. Music sucks, I can't draw, I can't remember anything so whats the point of learning to code, and my mom won't let me leave this place because of her child support check. I'm doing just dandy.

Anima-Theory
Anima-Theory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 10:29 PM

At 5/10/07 09:00 PM, Glib wrote: Zenon has joined the Reason crowd.

3 cheers!

Traitor

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature
PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 10th, 2007 @ 11:13 PM

At 5/10/07 10:29 PM, Anima-Theory wrote:
At 5/10/07 09:00 PM, Glib wrote: Zenon has joined the Reason crowd.

3 cheers!
Traitor

No no, we call my kind "smart people".

Haha lolz
Father-of-Death
Father-of-Death
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 12:54 AM

@ joeynukes' coment=

8th grade was a fuck load for me too....
bleh.... let's get back to the happy NG...

Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 02:32 AM

At 5/10/07 10:23 PM, JoeyNukes wrote: And I'm gonna fail 8th grade. I can't do anything right. Music sucks, I can't draw, I can't remember anything

Hmm, 8th grade?

Physically, you're still under what most doctors call "brain development". During preteen years especially kids go through a kind of neurological redevelopment, mostly your brain, where your body has intentionally "disconnected" important neurons to restructure for a more efficient thought process.

You can blame being shitty a teenage growth thing, it's only the feeling that is tough to rub off.

You'll know when you're better when you start to handle information, increasing in complexity. Personally, I was an idiot until I was 15.

While we're on the subject, the educational system is a slowly burning ship going down, it's not worth your time as it is.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 02:44 AM

I second that...
Traditional forms of education are quickly becoming outdated, and more or less useless.. (especially here in the us)
That is why I was prompted to drop out of college and pursue things on my own. There was simply no reason in my mind to continue putting myself through the torture of scheduled classes when most of the information involved things I was already familiar with. Degrees tend to represent nothing more than fancy sheets of paper to hang on your wall nowadays. The internet is a much cheaper, faster, and target-based form of aquiring information. In that manner.. it makes regular schooling very inefficient.
I might go back eventually, but right now.. it makes more sense to pursue my interests on my own, so that is what I am doing.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 03:41 AM

Yes, my father and my sister both have went to college fully and neither of them have well paying jobs.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
JoeyNukes
JoeyNukes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 07:35 AM

I believe the problem with the system is that now they don't really challenge you, but instead give you a fuckload of repetitive work. This might be a reason why I'm failing, that or my teachers have corrupted my grades. Because my test scores are usually really good, even when I've done not a single bit of work. And now thanks to this we can expect more poverty (due to the fact that diplomas aren't worth a fuck nowadays until you goto college) and more people going postal/Columbine

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 10:31 AM

you're still in 8th grade joetnukes? Woww... I feel .. wlel.. more older than you.. haha bad grammar :P

also your brain continues to develop until your 25 - apparently then thats when you learn to be more responsible and stuff - so.. a couple more years for me - also -thats about the time your perfect metabolism mythologically starts to fail.. not looking forward to that - then again - maybe then I'll be able to find clothes in my size..

and for the record erkie - you can still be an idiot - fancy words don't cover that up :P
hellsmaw18
hellsmaw18
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 10:37 AM

At 5/11/07 10:31 AM, Chronamut wrote:
also your brain continues to develop until your 25 - apparently then thats when you learn to be more responsible and stuff

learn more responsible things like jobs that the bosses rip your guts out and make you eat them. life sux after 18 v_v.

LJCoffee
LJCoffee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 11:04 AM

At 5/11/07 07:35 AM, JoeyNukes wrote: I believe the problem with the system is that now they don't really challenge you, but instead give you a fuckload of repetitive work.

Repetition is an effective teaching tool when used properly.

I absolutely agree that there is no challenge. What we've done is lowered the bar - and if there's anyone left that still can't trip over it then we'll just lower it some more.

The sad thing is that it's not even your fault - it's every parent out there that insists that their child is da most bestest and brightest and beeyoooteeful ting that ever landed on da planet...

My sister teaches - you wouldn't believe the nonsense that goes on. The teachers' hands are tied, usually by higher up faculty that in most cases are clueless...

Example - she recently taught a section on genetics - BUT - she was not allowed to discuss dominant or recessive genes because there was concern that some kids might feel bad about themselves if they found that they had one or the other...

Seriously... as if some kid is going to go all emo because they have blue eyes... And then the parents call and say "How DARE you tell my child that he's not the very best kid in the class!"

In a lot of cases it's not all parents - it's the damn boomers - the grandparents OR the parents of echo-boomers - (you know, the next round of kids that were pumped out by some late boomer bitch that decided to start over fresh after the failed gen-X experiment)

This is what happens when an educational facility is run by someone who almost flunked out of business school and who is more concerned with avoiding lawsuits and parental complaints than actually teaching anything...

This is what we get for deciding that we need to be PC and sensitive to everyones' feelings...

Here's some new math for you - you'll love it:

Spelling test - 10 questions
each word has five letters
EVERY WORD is incorrect (off by one letter)
total earned points = 0% (every word wrong)
total given points = 80%

wha? huh? - YEP, 80% - because each word has 5 letters and the little booger-eater got 4 out of 5 correct for each... Frickin' amazing isn't it? Let a kid who got EVERY word wrong pass with a B (so that way no child will be left behind)

PS12 in New York was using that system...

I'm in Florida now, it's no better - they may not grade per letter as in the above example but there are still serious problems with the school system in general. FCAT anyone? That's a complete joke. Lesson plans that revolve around one test that's scored arbitrarily, in some cases by people who aren't educators at all. Combine that with teachers' merit raises based on student performance on standardized tests and you have a perfect environment for educational corruption...

These damn kids these days... Oh wait - I mean these damn PARENTS...

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 11:04 AM

At 5/11/07 10:37 AM, hellsmaw18 wrote:
At 5/11/07 10:31 AM, Chronamut wrote:
also your brain continues to develop until your 25 - apparently then thats when you learn to be more responsible and stuff
learn more responsible things like jobs that the bosses rip your guts out and make you eat them. life sux after 18 v_v.

amen brudda - growing up really does suck.

Distortzion
Distortzion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge May. 11th, 2007 @ 11:13 AM

*yawn* I'm extremely bored. Too lazy to do homework (it's weekend), don't wanna play a game.

Guess I'll have to check to new Madness :\

Worship.

BBS Signature