00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Free and Demonstraton Programs

3,475 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-18 04:57:57

I have noticed that a lot and I mean A LOT of the threads for getting free and demo music creation programs are getting slightly outdated and with the flow of newer programs being released every day, its expectedly hard to keep up. A lot of the audio mods have little time anymore to keep adding to the list , so I thought I could really lend them a hand as well as everyone who uses different programs that are not listed in other threads. Most people come on here looking for people who know where there are a lot of freebies when it comes to audio creation, this is a little something for everyone and for all the audio moderators out there that need the help. I present to you a list of free and demonstration programs and websites that you can use to aid in your audio making. I should quickly note that there are some programs that I use that I can help you out with and that I can directly send to you through my Windows Live Messenger. Here is the list of programs that I have that i can directly transfer.

SimSynth
BeatCreator
TS-404 Beta 1
Defractor
Visual Orangator
SubSynth

Here is the websites to these and many great other programs that are for free and demonstraton

Kristal Audio Engine Free to try, $36.42 to buy
Sony ACID Pro 6.0 Free to Try, $374.96 to buy
Sony Sound Forge 9.0 Free to try, $299.96 to buy
Blaze Media Pro Free to try, $50 to buy
AudioMulch Free to try, $89 to buy
Audacity FREE
FL Studio Free to Try, $49-$449 to buy (depending on which one you get.)

The Sonic Spot I go here most of the time for most of my freebies. This site is also where I got some great demos too as well as VST's.
KVR Audio Another great site for VST's

If you are trying to find something on sonicspot, send me a PM on what you are looking for and I'll use some of my free time and help you look for it.

If you also need some free PC protection programs, I have some top-of-the-line programs that work great. PM me for more information

My Windows Live messenger ID is redneck_punk19@hotmail.com if you need some straight transfers and don't want to wait for websites to load.

Feel free to add in other websites that also have free or demo programs.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-18 05:58:50

Bookmarked, and both thumbs up (you know where;)

Wakka wakka

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-18 06:02:50

i enjoy using blaze media pro thou. its a combo of a media player with more features than a regular audio creator. you can even edit videos as well. it doesnt seem bad at all for the price either, i get another job, i might just purchase it and berid of winamp.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-18 09:27:26

Great! ^-^b It's nice to see someone mentioned new apps.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-20 04:17:00

I will try and update this as much as possible. There are plenty more programs that I am checking out to see if they are good or not.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-21 03:42:57

Ugh Any Ones Compatible With Macs?

Don't Like It? Don't Say It.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-21 04:20:37

At 11/21/07 03:42 AM, DJ-Dax wrote: Ugh Any Ones Compatible With Macs?

It's ironic that the Mac computers are advertised as being more "artistic" computers that PC's, yet they seem to stagger behind PCs in the way of DAWs.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-21 06:31:43

At 11/21/07 03:42 AM, DJ-Dax wrote: Ugh Any Ones Compatible With Macs?

I'll take a look around and see what I can find :)

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2007-11-25 06:41:16

well, as funny as it sounds, i was looking for wallpapers for my PSP and abundantly i seen something that i thought was a PSP program. winds up that its a music suite. there are 2 free extentions and the rest are demos.

PSP Audioware

have a look, everything in there is cool

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-01-20 01:15:46

i havent found any new programs only because ive been busy. if anyone has any good free or demo program links. post them. i could use the help :)

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-01-20 03:10:28

I'm making a newspost list of free VSTs and free/cheap sequencers. You beat me to the punch!
This'll be added to the list anyways. lol. Oh and you forgot Reaper.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-03-12 11:23:57

just bringing this out of the grave for people to view. havent had the time to look for new apps. been way too busy with other stuff. but please do post any apps i havent mentioned.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-03-12 21:55:28

IDK if this is going to be a bad suggestion but Finale Notepad is also free and has many instruments to choose from. The MIDI can be converted in the iTunes converter. I will still look at your other suggestions though, there are more free ones than i expected!

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-03-13 00:44:28

At 3/12/08 09:55 PM, jrpina2 wrote: IDK if this is going to be a bad suggestion but Finale Notepad

no suggestion is a bad one. i highly welcome any audio program post on this thread and they are all appreciated :)

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-04-16 18:14:19

found a new listing for audio programs from NCH Software:
Wavepad Audio Editing Software
Wavepad Masters Edition
heres the link

NCH Software Wavepad

Wavepad Masters does cost. but the more you get, the more you save

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-04-16 18:36:44

here are some more programs
Wavosaur Free Audio Editor
jaypeeonline free audio editors listing part 2 windows based
Digital Smart Software
My Music Tools free audio editors
Sionsoft Quick Audio 2.0Audio 4 Fun
Mightsoft

just look around at them. some are demo's others are free. just look and see what you like. just too lazy to post the prices right now

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-04-22 00:34:11

no new programs to report yet. keep checking as i update regularly.
also dont be afraid to post links to free or demo programs that you use. i also need links for mac systems and linux. thanks for the help!!!

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-05-02 04:09:57

sorry i havent posted in a while, i havent been feeling the greatest for the past few days.

ive done some searching and havent found too much that is worth using. so in other words, nothing new to report on the freebiez and demoz

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-05-19 22:55:53

Hello friends! I am truely sorry for not posting lately. I have gotten a job and just started renting my own house with my fiance. I will lose internet for a while. I am not going to do much searching in the mean time so I have time to pack and move. It would be of great honor if you guys could help me out with this thread due to my temporary hiatus. Anyone is welcome to post links to programs that are free and demo's. I NEED LINKS FOR MACINTOSH AND LINUX OPERATING SYSTEMS!!! I, myself, only get links for Microsoft Windows users. The bigger this post becomes with links, the more you are helping yourself and your fellow audio brothers and sisters. So please help me out.

HM18/DJ Robotomatic 3000

and please add me to both my myspaces if you would like.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-05-19 23:06:00

ur on now and that's what counts...

my lond,hard...post count.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2008-09-22 11:57:32

well, i havent done any searching lately because ive been busy with work in all, finally getting settled in and starting to make music again. on that note, sonicspot.com has been doing some changes to thier site and has added more free/demo programs to thier already large list. check out thier page some time if you ever need any programs.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2010-04-17 17:52:08

Sorry for not posting in well over a year. Unfortunately the site Sonicspot is parked/unavailable. Hopefully that sites admin will bring it back up. I have been on another site funnyjunk submitting pictures of whatever. These pix wouldn't be permitted on NG since NG is more family-oriented in a way. My user id on FJ is hellsmaw. Please feel free to visit the site and myself as well. I will try and make more time for NG as much as possible. I honestly have no new programs to share but thought I should announce that I have gotten married as of Nov. 7, 2009 and that I have been on FJ helping the sites traffic. As always, if you have ANY programs that are for free or demo or purchase, DO NOT hesitate to announce them. Everyone is free to post programs that others might get a use out of.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2010-04-18 22:29:24

what about lmms?

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2010-04-19 02:33:18

Orca
VST/AU
FXpansion (developer)
Price: FREE!
Link: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2496.html

used it for this song (its the lead synth): http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 25968

BBS Signature

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2010-04-19 04:56:21

Where's Jeskola Buzz?

http://www.buzzmachines.com/

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2010-04-19 05:50:17

Mu.Lab is a hi-quality music application for Mac OSX and Windows (works under Linux as well but it's not officially supported).
MU.LAB FREE is a fully functional version of MU.LAB and does not expire but it's limited at 4 sequencer tracks (which can be routed to more instruments) and Rewire works only mono.
Check the demo songs page.

Tux Guitar it's a notation and tab editor/ player aimed to guitarists but have also MIdI multitrack capabilities. Works under Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Free BSD.

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2011-11-11 00:49:55

ok, good news Kristal Audio Engine has been released as FREE RELEASE. sorry i haven't kept this up to day as i should of have but due to technical issues and tons of other things, it led me astray from the updating. since this post has proven useful for so many, i thought i should dig it out of the bottom of the depths of forum hell and bring it back to where it should be. DO KEEP THIS PAGE UP TO DATE! if you do find programs that you find to be useful that arn't listed, please post them. i do have to add that some of the products from d-lusion are pretty sweet so as long as you can figure them out and getting them to do what you need. if you do find links that are broken or programs no longer exist, do please address that as well. i would hate to see someone try a program and it no longer exist. have fun with these and good luck on your music ventures!!!! HM18

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2011-11-11 00:53:31

also, sonicspot.com is back up and running

Response to Free and Demonstraton Programs 2013-07-26 19:30:24

Hey music junkies. I have been wicked busy with RL stuff and would like to address that Kristal Audio Engine is FREE and has been for a while. Do be warned that HammerHead Studio has went ROUGE and has done harm to my computer. Please take that into consideration. I have NOT found any other new free and demo programs as of yet, but still would love to see this thread come out of necro every once in a while for new users and aspiring music creators to be able to get programs they might absolutely use. Best wishes to all and let your creative minds continue to shine!

It's been 11 years since I last posted on this topic and even longer since I created it. I'm glad to see that this post still exists even though my interests have long since shifted. I truly do hope that it's been a help to many, and as I'm sure most of these VSTi's, demos, and freebies have long become paid-for or ultimately abandoned/removed from public eye. It's not my intention to bump this post back to the top, if that is still a thing (NG isn't a site that I really visit anymore and haven't for a decade+), but I'm posting in more of showing appreciation to those who are still in the groove of things and for the hope that many of these programs and modules are still able to be used by vets and those wanting to dabble with creating their own music and/or loops. Thank you to those who have given feedback over the years that were keeping this thread alive and, if it ends up buried in the grave of posts past, then be it that it was once a place where many could their hands on tools to be of potential benefit. Sincerely, HM18/AbyssTheDarkPegasus