00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JKAmovies just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

665,774 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-26 13:39:29

oh yeah, and you have to apply the vocoder effect on insert #2

come support us at the newgrounds.com irc chat room! - just type your nick, and your in!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-26 20:30:55

how do i fade out one of the many peices in playlist. or fade the end of one of steps?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-26 20:42:21

With automation clips... See the previous Pages for Stealth's incredibly long tutorial. I think it was 1 or 2 pages ago.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-26 20:52:06

At 3/25/07 10:02 PM, Drunkendog wrote: Im extremely confused with fruityloops, and I feel like I have a million questions, but Ill try not to ask too much

That's ok man =)

-I want a little more variety in the stuff I put into the song, is there a site like flash fx where I can browse through sounds and pick out a sert that I would like to use?

Wow there are a lot of sites like that. Check the thread Stealth made and there is like a million links in there!

-Is the piano roll good for the song, if it isnt what should I do, im too confused to do it any other way.

Dude the piano roll is fucking awesome for songs ;)

-if I wnted to do techno would I use synths, if so, where do I get more synths, there only about I as far as i can tell.

Synths are all over the place even with the basic FL with whatever comes with that. Just look through it a bit more and you will find tons of stuff. Techno doesn't necessarily require synths though, use your imagination and create something different ;)

-Im not totally sure how to make my songs longer, I know you have to do F5 than left click , but then what?

Well... Have you used the Playlist? It has an icon that says "PL" Click that and you can use all the patterns you have made and order them how you want to create your song =)

-how do I make my songs more smooth, when I put them on the piano roll, they mash into each other

Make sure they aren't mashing and the notes are separated lol.

-does fruitylopps get easier as I practice?

Yes.

-is there anyway to type in text and have the robotish voices say it?

Yes. On your browser on the side of the screen there is a "Speech" section. You can find it there ;)

Ok im done asking all the questions, sorry, its just that im way too confused and I need some help.

It's ok dude

Thanks in advance

You are most welcome. PM me for further questions, or ask them here. Either one is fine ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-28 17:51:35

I was wondering...

How do I make a synth morph into another?

I have heard some crazy morph effects and I want to know how it is done!

Nav's outlet for unreleased/unfinished tracks.

Check it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-28 17:54:35

i dont know what you mean by morph, but you can make a synth fade in with a free filter via Automation clips or a flanger or something which makes it almost sound like 2 different synths... Or You could simply automate the volume on two differnent synths, so one synth fades in as another one fades out.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-29 05:42:01

I know I already asked, but I cant find stealths topic :x
so can somebody tell me some sites where to get the techno noises? or stealths topc :P.
Also, the ones I should be using are simsynths, and then instruments right?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-29 10:37:17

At 3/29/07 05:42 AM, Drunkendog wrote: I know I already asked, but I cant find stealths topic :x
so can somebody tell me some sites where to get the techno noises? or stealths topc :P.
Also, the ones I should be using are simsynths, and then instruments right?

Look at the Sticky, there you can check out a shitload of sites with royality free samples!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-31 10:47:50

I have a few of the same instruments from the same plugin playing at the same time and its making somewhat of lag and glitchiness/static in the song. I went to the settings and upped the bitrate or w/e that is, but that won't help anymore....Any ideas?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-03-31 11:19:21

Most likely its your sound card... Fruity loops has really low sound quality IN the program... Try exporting it, and listen to it out of fruity loops, that should sound better than in it. If youve already done that, try applying some compressors to the different channels, and try EQing it a bit, that will work.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-01 07:48:42

I'm brand new both here and in FL. I really want to start by making a remix of a track by The Knife, but I can't import mp3-files into FL.
(I'm using the FL Studio trial/demo)

Thanks a lot...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-01 07:53:36

At 4/1/07 07:48 AM, Van-der-Vaart wrote: I'm brand new both here and in FL. I really want to start by making a remix of a track by The Knife, but I can't import mp3-files into FL.

Thanks a lot...

You can, but it won't be much of a help since you want to remix it with FL Studio.
IF you want to import mp3 files, just open a audio channel and load your mp3 in there.
But I suggest, for starters, to just simply try to copy the melodies, bass, etc.
And get the genuine copy of FL Studio, since you won't be able to save your work with your current one.

Ik hoopte dat ik hiermee hielp. hehe ik zie nu pas je naam.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-01 08:08:48

At 4/1/07 07:53 AM, MackerelSalad wrote:
At 4/1/07 07:48 AM, Van-der-Vaart wrote: I'm brand new both here and in FL. I really want to start by making a remix of a track by The Knife, but I can't import mp3-files into FL.

Thanks a lot...
You can, but it won't be much of a help since you want to remix it with FL Studio.
IF you want to import mp3 files, just open a audio channel and load your mp3 in there.
But I suggest, for starters, to just simply try to copy the melodies, bass, etc.
And get the genuine copy of FL Studio, since you won't be able to save your work with your current one.

Ik hoopte dat ik hiermee hielp. hehe ik zie nu pas je naam.

Dankje Waal aber ik bijn nie von Holland! Unfortunately I'm not Dutch, I'm just a Danish guy and a big fan of Ajax and Rafael van der Vaart :)

I just want to start out by remixing a track, because then I have something to build up on instead of beginning from the bottom.
About the genuine copy: I see there are several versions available on FL.com; is the Express version okay? Because the others are expensive as he**

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-01 10:34:34

This isnt really a question and most of you probably know this already, but i came up with a way to speed up export times for FL users of course. (Again you probably all will be like "We already know that NOOBZ") but this is for the people who dont know it.

It's quite simple... When you are about to export a song press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, than go to processes... Select your FL tab or whatever it is in the list. Right click and select Priority and set it to high. After you do this Export your song, and it will seem that everything is frozen, dont fret! I uploaded the same song the normal way and with high priority and with High priority it took about 45 seconds - 1 minute and the normal way took about 6 minutes... You tell me if the wait is worth it.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-01 12:33:38

At 4/1/07 10:34 AM, Envy wrote: Exporting stuff...

That really confused me a lot... Which way to do it has better quality? Or is it the same...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-01 13:05:01

Quality is the same, it just makes it so more of your pc is directed at exporting the song instead of everything else, So it takes whatever your comp is doin, and stops it basically so it can divert all power to the shields... errrr exporting. It wont change quality, it will just freeze your comp lol and export the song faster.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 12:32:41

i have a question. 3 steppers, i am literaly clueless to making 3 steppers can someone help me out.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 12:56:47

At 4/4/07 12:32 PM, DnX-Danefex wrote: i have a question. 3 steppers, i am literaly clueless to making 3 steppers can someone help me out.

Clarify. Do you mean making the Step Sequencer 3/4 instead of the default 4/4?
If so, it's in the options tab.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 14:45:44

no im talking the ones is the candy trance songs likt towards the middly of the song they do like a reverse crash and then the bass line goes all like swingee ish

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 15:21:39

like itl be like Boom-boom-boom-boomp than kshhhhh

Boomboomboom like a triplet? If you're talking about triplets, than... Just arrange the stuff on the piano roll if you're using fl in a triplet sequence... Which is slightly bigger than a quarter note. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 15:33:03

not realy sure what your saying.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 15:35:29

sorry for double posting but here like so at like 1:05 listen to the bass

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 16:30:28

What up, dooby here and i am freaking stumped. all i want to do is get a little polka up in here. but thanx to my lack in the genre in general im having a difficult time integrating it into a industrial/tecno/polka song. so i call fourth the aid of my fellow audio homies to help aid in my quest for ultimate polka!!!! this is to be used on well a song im doing, if any of you have a polka tecno song in mind that i can get some insperation from or even actual polka songs to be able to seek more complex drum riffs instead of oom pa pa oom pa pa. i have already created some of my own. but there not going to really pleasantly fit into a song that avrages 145-165 BPM. soo lay it on me yall and ill be waiting for somthing sweet. Also ifyou help out alot ill credit you in my description and send you the Link to my songs so you can see what i did. hopefully it will complement the GBD series nicely.

Peace

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 18:23:54

At 4/4/07 03:35 PM, DnX-Danefex wrote: sorry for double posting but here like so at like 1:05 listen to the bass

Most likely thats not really the bass... Thats either using the slide tool or automation clip with a voice clip over it.

The slide tool is in piano roll of Fruity loops, and automation clips are on a differnt page of this thread.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 18:50:28

At 4/4/07 03:35 PM, DnX-Danefex wrote: sorry for double posting but here like so at like 1:05 listen to the bass

I'm sorry but that melody gets so fucking annoying...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 19:31:55

indeed. i tried the slide tool but it doesnt do it. =[. ive tried the slide tool a while ago. so any suggestions.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 19:52:27

At 4/4/07 07:31 PM, DnX-Danefex wrote: indeed. i tried the slide tool but it doesnt do it. =[. ive tried the slide tool a while ago. so any suggestions.

Are you sure you are doing it right?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 19:54:15

At 4/4/07 07:31 PM, DnX-Danefex wrote: indeed. i tried the slide tool but it doesnt do it. =[. ive tried the slide tool a while ago. so any suggestions.

Did you, put a yknow good instrument with it? ALso try using an automation clip with like a flanger or phaser on that instrument too, that could work.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-04 23:03:41

for sliding, the note must be sustained as long as the slide is, and you have to use FL plugins/vsts, for it to work. Z3ta+, vanguard etc.. don't have the slide function built in. Look in the help file for FL for pictures and stuff.

come support us at the newgrounds.com irc chat room! - just type your nick, and your in!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-04-07 19:47:13

Okay, normally I'd look through the entire forum for my answers, but I don't have much time atm. I need to know if I can download this program for free and where. Can I remix any songs I have on my computer or do I have to write everything? What is the bext file type(s) to work with? And lastly, any computer requirements I need to know about? Thanks!