00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,660 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-08 18:46:11

At 10/8/13 08:09 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Could you explain this on a little more detail. I basically some effects on my drums, reverb on the snare some comp on the bass drum. But if I route them all to one track so I can put a filter on them as a whole, I don't want those effects i put on the snares track effecting the bass drum and the bass drums comp effecting the snare

oh, nah the other effects will stay separated to their respective instruments. stress less!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-09 17:23:14

At 10/8/13 06:46 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 10/8/13 08:09 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Could you explain this on a little more detail. I basically some
oh, nah the other effects will stay separated to their respective instruments. stress less!

Ah great thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-13 18:37:45

I want to use a dnb loop in part of my beat however when I join two of these same loops together they don't quite meet up. How do i do this so they flow into eachother seemlessly?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-13 19:00:30

At 10/13/13 06:37 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: I want to use a dnb loop in part of my beat however when I join two of these same loops together they don't quite meet up. How do i do this so they flow into eachother seemlessly?

are the loops playing from sampler channels or fruity slicer channels?
if it's the former you can timestretch the loops. there should be a knob on the sampler labelled TIME next to a drop down box, you can right click it and select 1 bar or 2 bars and it will fit the loop to your project tempo

i'd rather just use slicer for drumloops though, since it does all of that automatically when you load the loop and you can then easily rearrange the loop to make fills/variations.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-13 20:07:00

i'd rather just use slicer for drumloops though, since it does all of that automatically when you load the loop and you can then easily rearrange the loop to make fills/variations.

They are in the sample channel, I havent used the slicer how can I pull them into that?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-14 02:31:14

At 10/13/13 08:07 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:
They are in the sample channel, I havent used the slicer how can I pull them into that?

when you select the loop from the browser in FL, right click and select "Open in new Fruity Slicer channel"

you might need to change the number of beats, like if it comes up with a weird tempo and length that isn't right. and you can mess around with where the slices are placed with a couple of knobs down the bottom. just try it out and play around with it, you'll get the hang of it.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-14 15:33:17

At 10/12/13 12:32 AM, Cabbster wrote: I' just switched from FL 10 to 11, can someone please tell me how to drag my presets for vsts into fl 11?

open C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 10\Data\Patches\Plugin presets and then open the same directory for FL Studio 11. Drag and drop your presets into the proper FL 11 folders for your plugins :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 10:17:23

hey guys, bk again, i have a bassline and i want to add some automated wobble to the end of each bar, how do i do this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 11:33:46

At 10/22/13 10:17 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: hey guys, bk again, i have a bassline and i want to add some automated wobble to the end of each bar, how do i do this?

Automate the cutoff on a lowpass filter is the basic way of doing that.

Add a fruity free filter, change type to low pass with top left knob if its not already that, then right click cutoff(freq) knob and select create automation, then adjust the automation to your liking on the playlist.

I suggest messing with the resonance or "Q" setting as well to get a more pronounced or less pronounced wub. You can also play with other effects fading in and out to make more interesting texture. Chorus, Flanger, Distortion, Formant filters, compressors, EQ sweeps, etc.

Experiment, fail, learn, repeat.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 13:33:22

Does FL Studio got a page scroll mode?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 14:02:23

At 10/22/13 01:33 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: Does FL Studio got a page scroll mode?

What exactly do you mean?

One scrolling trick is to push in your mouse wheel and drag, that gives you both X & Y axis scrolling simultaneously(both playlist & piano roll). Another is if youre on your playlist you can hold shift and hit the down arrow key to automatically scroll down to the lowest placed track. Also, on the Sequencer PageUp & PageDown allows you to switch which channel group youre looking at.

Any of those what youre talking about?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 14:17:02

At 10/22/13 02:02 PM, Breed wrote:
At 10/22/13 01:33 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: Does FL Studio got a page scroll mode?
What exactly do you mean?

One scrolling trick is to push in your mouse wheel and drag, that gives you both X & Y axis scrolling simultaneously(both playlist & piano roll). Another is if youre on your playlist you can hold shift and hit the down arrow key to automatically scroll down to the lowest placed track. Also, on the Sequencer PageUp & PageDown allows you to switch which channel group youre looking at.

Any of those what youre talking about?

More specifically: when playing back music that's got a significant amount of measures in length (left to right), FL Studio will automatically push forward a few measures as the playhead gets closer to the end of view.

Other DAWs such as Logic or Live have a "page" scrolling mode where when the playhead gets to a certain point near the end of the view, it automatically flashes forward to the next set of measures in the song (like turning a page really fast).

^this is what I was wondering--does FL Studio have a feature like this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 14:22:29

At 10/22/13 02:17 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote:
Other DAWs such as Logic or Live have a "page" scrolling mode where when the playhead gets to a certain point near the end of the view, it automatically flashes forward to the next set of measures in the song

A whole screen's worth.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 18:44:19

Options > Auto Scroll?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-22 22:26:33

At 10/22/13 06:44 PM, midimachine wrote:
Options > Auto Scroll?

The answer is yes and the way to do it is what this guy just said.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-23 03:37:28

I'm noticing an odd issue that may or may not be based on luck. Sometimes, I find that my CPU usage on the FL indicator(I believe it shows up near the top of FL for the rest of you as well) varies each time I open my project.

For example, I open project1 and start to play to track. My CPU usage hits 90-95%. Then, I close project1.

I open project1 again, and this time my CPU usage peaks at 70%.

Is there any explanation to this variation (I did not open any new programs, nor did I run any new processes in each test) or is it just plain luck?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-23 11:07:18

Should the kick and bass be panned to opposite sides in dance music?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-23 11:26:51

At 10/23/13 11:07 AM, BlueOceans wrote: Should the kick and bass be panned to opposite sides in dance music?

I don't remember either of those needed panning in EDM.

or in any other genre
with the exception of the bass, pan that shit wherever you feel like it
'cept for the sub bass

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-23 19:09:07

How do I insert a pause or rest into my music? Simply leaving a gap between patterns on the playlist does not achieve this properly as i still get stuff ringing into the gap.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-23 19:42:27

At 10/23/13 07:09 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: How do I insert a pause or rest into my music? Simply leaving a gap between patterns on the playlist does not achieve this properly as i still get stuff ringing into the gap.

That ringing is probably because of the reverb or delay effect of some of the instruments you have. Either automate the reverb's or delay's wet slider/knob.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 00:15:37

At 10/23/13 11:07 AM, BlueOceans wrote: Should the kick and bass be panned to opposite sides in dance music?

Feel free to experiment a little with that but generally in EDM you dont want to pan anything low frequency very intensely. Keep things around or under 10% panning.

Also, dont use that as a cheat for getting them to work. A lot of people "hide" things in stereo, when what they really just need is better EQ and sidechain compression. Always double check a mix in mono to make sure things actually sound good together.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 05:31:43

That ringing is probably because of the reverb or delay effect of some of the instruments you have. Either automate the reverb's or delay's wet slider/knob.

hm is this the only way?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 05:34:45

it is the best way, but u can also automate the volumes of intruments and drop them there put u will hear that it won't sound good at all just like automation of the master volume to get a little gap. I advice to play with the reverb cause that will be the source of your problem

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 07:40:15

ok, il try that. Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 09:41:26

At 10/24/13 05:31 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote:
hm is this the only way?

I personally think its easier to automate the mute plugin on and off. If you have proper bussing than that should be the easiest way to do it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 17:00:28

At 10/24/13 09:41 AM, Breed wrote:

mute plugin on and off. If you have proper bussing than that should

Silly question but what do u mean by bussing?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 18:30:45

At 10/24/13 05:00 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:

mixer channel=bus

route it to a mixer channel

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-24 21:39:24

At 10/24/13 05:00 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:

proper routing for using the mute plugin effectively. if its your drums you want to mute then it would be smart to have a subbuss set up for all your drums so you can just use one mute.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-25 13:21:11

At 10/22/13 10:26 PM, Breed wrote:
At 10/22/13 06:44 PM, midimachine wrote:
Options > Auto Scroll?
The answer is yes and the way to do it is what this guy just said.

hmmm, not quite; that feature just pushes forward a few measures automatically. Here's a visual example of what I'm looking for.
(see what happens at about 3:07)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-27 22:48:19

At 10/27/13 08:16 PM, TheFiercePixel wrote: I just open up FL Studio and now I can't access all of my sample packs through the browser.

Anyone got a solution for this!?

weird, when did that start happening?

anyway, you can go to Options > File Settings and then add the folders you want manually for now.

p.s. i am gay