• 6,477 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
sugarsimon
sugarsimon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 04:45 AM Reply

I'm very easy in FruityLoops. I changed tempo for house music 128 beats per minute.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 04:46 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 04:45 AM, sugarsimon wrote: I'm very easy in FruityLoops. I changed tempo for house music 128 beats per minute.

Dude I missed you so much you don't even know.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 09:19 AM Reply

Hello, i have weird problem about piano roll (9.0 version): i can't attach instruments (or whatever they are called) on the squares anymore.. I don't how it goes like that, but it doesn't go away if i close the fl studio.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to make anything because it moves freely, not attach, as it should be.. Help anyone??

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 09:19 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hello, i have weird problem about piano roll (9.0 version): i can't attach instruments (or whatever they are called) on the squares anymore.. I don't how it goes like that, but it doesn't go away if i close the fl studio.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to make anything because it moves freely, not attach, as it should be.. Help anyone??

Are you saying that the notes in the piano roll no longer snap to the grid? Click the option shown below.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 09:28 AM Reply

Right, quick technical question.

With Edison you can record FL's playback and save it as WAV or MP3. Sometimes it's quicker to just hit record on Edison and play through the song I'm working on rather than export it with File > Export. Is there anything that should stop me from doing this?

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 10:06 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 09:28 AM, Step wrote: Right, quick technical question.

With Edison you can record FL's playback and save it as WAV or MP3. Sometimes it's quicker to just hit record on Edison and play through the song I'm working on rather than export it with File > Export. Is there anything that should stop me from doing this?

As far as I know... nope.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 10:10 AM Reply

If you're exporting 16 bit, I don't see a reason.
If you're exporting 24 or 32, I would want to work completely in 24 or 32 bit wavs, and to ensure that all that wonderful quality is preserved, export edison as a wav into the project.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 11:13 AM Reply

Doesn't rendering the song take exactly as much time as recording in Edison?

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 11:13 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:

Doesn't rendering the song take exactly as much time as recording in Edison?

No. It often takes longer to render the song for me. The playback goes in real-time, rendering goes much, MUCH slower, especially if I have a lot of plugins running. I've recorded large sections of song with Edison faster than the export process for that section would go, and slower. It depends on how many instruments you have playing, as far as I know. If you want to test it out, try loading about 15 instances of Massive and playing notes on them for 20 seconds worth, then record it with Edison and export it normally - compare the difference. Also try it with only one instance of, say, FL Keys playing 20 seconds worth of notes.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 11:48 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 11:43 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: If you want to test it out, try loading about 15 instances of Massive and playing notes on them for 20 seconds worth, then record it with Edison and export it normally - compare the difference. Also try it with only one instance of, say, FL Keys playing 20 seconds worth of notes.

If you want to preserve audio quality, don't do that!
You're recording it at 16 bit and under, which is very low quality!
FL export sets all of Massive's quality settings to max on export, giving you the best possible sound quality and clarity.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 12:00 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 11:48 AM, ATTW7-Envy wrote: If you want to preserve audio quality, don't do that!
You're recording it at 16 bit and under, which is very low quality!
FL export sets all of Massive's quality settings to max on export, giving you the best possible sound quality and clarity.

Don't worry, I export normally when I'm doing the final export. I was just answering the question that I quoted. ^_^

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 12:00 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Don't worry, I export normally when I'm doing the final export. I was just answering the question that I quoted. ^_^

Even if you export normally at final, you still probably loose all the quality, though!
AGgadgksdghsd

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 01:21 PM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/16/13 12:00 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Don't worry, I export normally when I'm doing the final export. I was just answering the question that I quoted. ^_^
Even if you export normally at final, you still probably loose all the quality, though!
AGgadgksdghsd

...what, you mean by doing "file -> export -> mp3 -> Settings on maximum quality" I'll "loose all the quality"? That's what I mean by exporting normally - using the program's export function. Is there some other magical workaround that I'm unaware of?

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 01:25 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: ...what, you mean by doing "file -> export -> mp3 -> Settings on maximum quality" I'll "loose all the quality"? That's what I mean by exporting normally - using the program's export function. Is there some other magical workaround that I'm unaware of?

If you first record Edison output onto a channel, then yes, you loose the quality right there.
Unless, of course, that isn't what you're talking about.

I haven't had sleep in a while

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 05:43 PM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/16/13 01:25 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: ...what, you mean by doing "file -> export -> mp3 -> Settings on maximum quality" I'll "loose all the quality"? That's what I mean by exporting normally - using the program's export function. Is there some other magical workaround that I'm unaware of?
If you first record Edison output onto a channel, then yes, you loose the quality right there.
Unless, of course, that isn't what you're talking about.
I haven't had sleep in a while

Sorry, nah. :P I did have to do that with a few plugins so that I could mix them properly in one song (though quality wasn't actually lost - at least, not audibly), but I meant the entire piece of music as Step originally asked.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 01:24 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Are you saying that the notes in the piano roll no longer snap to the grid? Click the option shown below.

Oh yes, it worked! Thank you so much! :)

Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 06:06 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: (though quality wasn't actually lost - at least, not audibly)

If you A/B 16 bit and 32 bit (I think that's FL's internal bitrate?) wavs, you can usually hear a difference. It's subtle, and in the quieter parts, but it's there. And ultimately it leads to a subliminal but noticeably lowered quality.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 2/17/13 01:21 PM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/16/13 06:06 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: (though quality wasn't actually lost - at least, not audibly)
If you A/B 16 bit and 32 bit (I think that's FL's internal bitrate?) wavs, you can usually hear a difference. It's subtle, and in the quieter parts, but it's there. And ultimately it leads to a subliminal but noticeably lowered quality.

Fortunately, it was only done once - and it was mixed in with many other sounds. Put together, there was not an audible difference in quality. If it were done repeatedly, or if all tracks at those points were exported in the way I talked about, then it might have been audible. It certainly was audible in the single bounced track (though only barely) - apologies if I did not express that properly.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Lately it can take FL years to search for samples.

My whole cpu maxes out while it does this,

For example certain times when i click to preview a sample from my sidebar it can take 20-30 seconds, or when i open addictive drums and FL is starting up the samples for that it can take a minute or two.

WHAT IS HAPPENING AHHHHHHHH

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:07 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 04:11 PM, jpbear wrote: WHAT IS HAPPENING AHHHHHHHH

I had a few problems with my CPU maxing out randomly while in FL - this was on a laptop, yes, but the laptop was running in High Performance mode while plugged in and with coolant.

If that's what you're running, try unplugging and plugging it back in. Otherwise...

Stuff.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 07:07 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
I had a few problems with my CPU maxing out randomly while in FL - this was on a laptop, yes, but the laptop was running in High Performance mode while plugged in and with coolant.

If that's what you're running, try unplugging and plugging it back in. Otherwise...

its not random, it maxes out only when the cpu is locating/searching for samples

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:55 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 07:09 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 2/23/13 07:07 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:

its not random, it maxes out only when the cpu is locating/searching for samples

I saw that. I said that for me it was randomly. Just gave a possible solution as well.

Do you have the areas you're searching indexed? How many samples is it searching through? What kind of computer are you running?

Stuff.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 07:55 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
I saw that. I said that for me it was randomly. Just gave a possible solution as well.

:)

Do you have the areas you're searching indexed? How many samples is it searching through? What kind of computer are you running?

havent indexed anything (except default vista stuff)

I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth, but another thing is that length of sample usually makes it worse. (not always)

Running a desktop, gateway dx4200, 6 gb ram, 64 bit

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 08:41 PM, jpbear wrote:
I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth,

brain fart, close to 180 gb

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 07:55 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
)
havent indexed anything (except default vista stuff)

I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth, but another thing is that length of sample usually makes it worse. (not always)

Running a desktop, gateway dx4200, 6 gb ram, 64 bit

If it's the length of the sample that usually makes it worse, it might be an issue with checking the individual files. I've always found FL's search function to be kinda... crappy. I generally try to spend the time organizing everything into more descriptive folders so that I can really quickly-and-easily navigate to them. Might take a bit of time organizing everything, but it makes it a LOT easier in the end and take much less time.

I'm honestly not sure why searching would max out your CPU. I assume you're running nothing in the background. Does it do this on a completely fresh project or on projects where you already have a bunch of synths and crap set up?

Stuff.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 08:43 PM, jpbear wrote:
I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth,
brain fart, close to 180 gb

...oh. Talk about a brain fart. In that case, maybe it's possible that the search is loading too much of each file into your RAM, causing overload. That seems a bit far-fetched, but maybe. I'm not sure what would cause a larger target file size to max it out more frequently though.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 11:31 AM Reply

thanks for the help :)

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

An issue that started occuring around the same time on my pc is that when importing mp3 into audacity it takes yearssss.

like 4 or 5 mins on a 6 minute song

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 2/24/13 04:34 PM, jpbear wrote: An issue that started occuring around the same time on my pc is that when importing mp3 into audacity it takes yearssss.

like 4 or 5 mins on a 6 minute song

If issues are just randomly starting to crop up for no reason when they haven't before, it could potentially be a hardware problem. Is nothing else showing problems? Like playing back some audio in FL or attempting to load a new instrument/plugin?

Also, are many of your samples mp3s or are they all .wav or .aiff or some other lossless-quality format?

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Omerxor
Omerxor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 07:10 PM Reply

I've two question:

1. Some tracks (mostly synth) keep getting louder every time they're being played, like it builds up the
volume instead of having a steady sound. how do I fix it?

2. How do I make a full length composition?, all I've been able to do is make some short loops
but how do I put them together?, like making a 3 - 4 minutes composition. (not just 6 seconds loops)

Thank you :)