New Topic Respond to this Topic
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 3rd, 2010 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 12/3/10 07:49 PM, Kalapsia wrote: So I've been messing around the vocoder in FL studio.. I want to get that Daft Punk effect on my vocal samples but just can't seem to get it perfect. Wondering if any of you guys would know. Thanks.

They use a talkbox, not a vocoder. Difference between the two described here

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 10:15 AM, Friday wrote: Hey guys, I got a question.

I just got FruityLoops, and I was wondering, can you render songs to mp3 on there?

Yes, just go to File -> Export -> MP3.

Ace1337
Ace1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 02:34 PM Reply

Name some good VSTs for creating hardstyle sounds like synths/kicks/bass please :).

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 02:34 PM, Ace1337 wrote: Name some good VSTs for creating hardstyle sounds like synths/kicks/bass please :).

Just add distortion and some quick reverb to your synths. Detune your synths a little to get that grainy slightly "Off" sound.

BBS Signature
defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 09:43 PM Reply

Is there a way to 'split' a MIDI keyboard, so that the lower notes play through one channel and the higher notes play through another?

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 10:24 PM Reply

Nevermind, I figured it out. (Turns out if you put the channels in a layer, you can use it to map the channels' ranges.)

JustinPlatt
JustinPlatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 11:22 PM Reply

I'm using a edition of FL that I got when I was using XP. Will that same version work with Vista 64 bit? Or will I have to upgrade / buy another version?

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 11:59 PM Reply

At 12/12/10 11:22 PM, JustinPlatt wrote: I'm using a edition of FL that I got when I was using XP. Will that same version work with Vista 64 bit? Or will I have to upgrade / buy another version?

Depends how you 'got' it. Assuming you don't spend your time pillaging ships on the high seas, here's whatcha gotta do. Download the latest version of FL Studio here, which will work fine on your system. To turn it into the full version, log into your Imageline account and download the regkey.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 06:31 AM Reply

FL studio is still a 32 bit program. They have only just began bridging to 64 bit, and thats just for 64bit VSTs and it doesnt even work yet methinkz. So that certainly wouldnt be a problem.

ShatterTheSky22
ShatterTheSky22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 10:31 AM Reply

Hey everyone, sorry to sound like an idiot, but I've always basically used the FL Studio presets to make my music, plus a few downloaded VSTs. I was wondering if I bought an audio package like Plugsound Pro (http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/plugso undpro.html) if I could still use those instruments in FL Studio like the VSTs or if i'd need a new interface. Because I've gotten really used to the FL program and wouldn't want to learn another right now.

[TSR Audio]

[TSR Audio]
Click the Banner To Visit My Music Page!
^__^

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 03:33 AM Reply

At 12/13/10 10:31 AM, ShatterTheSky22 wrote: I was wondering if I bought an audio package like Plugsound Pro if I could still use those instruments in FL Studio like the VSTs or if i'd need a new interface. Because I've gotten really used to the FL program and wouldn't want to learn another right now.

That package works with UVI workstation, which in itself comes in VST format. That knowledge plus the fact that I myself use UVI in FL studio makes me certain that you can easily continue to use FL studio. However, I might add that 8gigs of samples for 150 bucks seems quite off putting to me. My East West Pianos package alone has 70gigs of samples, and that was only about twice as much money (and East West is known for being really expensive too)

ShatterTheSky22
ShatterTheSky22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 04:19 AM Reply

At 12/14/10 03:33 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
That package works with UVI workstation, which in itself comes in VST format. That knowledge plus the fact that I myself use UVI in FL studio makes me certain that you can easily continue to use FL studio. However, I might add that 8gigs of samples for 150 bucks seems quite off putting to me. My East West Pianos package alone has 70gigs of samples, and that was only about twice as much money (and East West is known for being really expensive too)

Thanks for the heads up, I'm completely unknowledgeable about this sort of thing. I only looked that one up on recommendation, but I think I'll keep looking around now.
(70gigs though, holy crap. 0_0)

[TSR Audio]
Click the Banner To Visit My Music Page!
^__^

BBS Signature
PainasaurusRex
PainasaurusRex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 04:22 AM Reply

hey people, I was wondering to how to get sound font 2 to work

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 04:25 AM Reply

At 12/14/10 04:19 AM, ShatterTheSky22 wrote:
At 12/14/10 03:33 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, I'm completely unknowledgeable about this sort of thing. I only looked that one up on recommendation, but I think I'll keep looking around now.
(70gigs though, holy crap. 0_0)

Yeah thats just for 4 pianos. Think about it--32 different velocity recordings for each of the 88 notes, plus 3 different mic positions = 8500 samples per piano, so 34 thousand samples for this one package haha. Most of the East West stuff is like this, high quality recordings, grips of mic positions and velocities and articulations.

To stay on topic, UVI workstation is free, and it comes with a nice library, so you might want to check it out.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 04:27 AM Reply

At 12/14/10 04:22 AM, PainasaurusRex wrote: hey people, I was wondering to how to get sound font 2 to work

Sound font loads different sound libraries, it isnt a synthesizer, so you need to load up one of the FL studio stock libraries into it, or find some good sf2 packages online. For instance, heres some amazing free ones.

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 12/14/10 04:22 AM, PainasaurusRex wrote: hey people, I was wondering to how to get sound font 2 to work

You need a soundfont player. If you have the signature/XXL version of FL Studio, you can use Fruity Soundfont Player. If not, use SFZ Dual Core if you have a dual core processor and SFZ+ otherwise.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 12/14/10 03:31 PM, defegistor wrote:
You need a soundfont player. If you have the signature/XXL version of FL Studio, you can use Fruity Soundfont Player. If not, use SFZ Dual Core if you have a dual core processor and SFZ+ otherwise.

Actually In fl you can just plop them in any folder that you can access from inside FL (I use the plugin presets > 3xosc since I don't make any 3x osc presets I use sylenth)

Then right click and open in a new channel. FL has a built in soundfont player so it should open just like any other sample.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 03:41 PM Reply

Unless you were talking about making your own sound fonts, in which case I don't know how the fuck to do that.

Wat

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 15th, 2010 @ 12:38 AM Reply

Simple question here,
all knobs are supposed to be automatable,
The synth shaping options in sytrus(tension, white noiese, shape, sine-shaper, etc) dont seem automatable. I tried "last tweaked param" option, and the "browse parameters" route as well, but nothing.

Possible?

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 15th, 2010 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 12/15/10 12:38 AM, jpbear wrote: Simple question here,
The synth shaping options in sytrus(tension, white noiese, shape, sine-shaper, etc) dont seem automatable. I tried "last tweaked param" option, and the "browse parameters" route as well, but nothing.

Possible?

Don't think so. Some plugins run with alot of things set to being internal within them, and the FL interface won't read it in a manner that is functional. That beind said though, you can always apply and edit effects on your sound through the mixer to acheive similar, or the same effects. Other creative ways of editing can be used too, make a duplicate of your instrument, and tweak one to be your "instrument starting point A" and the second "end point B". Send both to same mixer channel, make them play the same thing, and instead automate the volume of the two so as one fades out the other fades in, you'll acheive a similar morphing effect.

Obviously not the same, but hopefully close enough.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 15th, 2010 @ 04:54 AM Reply

Did you try recording Automation & Score? That might be a strange way to bring it up in the edit window in the piano roll.

Numi
Numi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 12:02 AM Reply

Got myself a question here...

I have Nexus. But every so often, it just stops working correctly - until I reinstall FL. The rest of FL works, and the only problem is I can't change the presets in Nexus. Not in a new channel, not in an existing one, not in a new project, not in an old one. Reinstalling FL is a pain in the ass. Especially all the moving of data, instruments, and backups. Any thoughts?

Running FL9 btw.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 12:15 AM Reply

At 12/16/10 12:02 AM, Numi wrote: Got myself a question here...

I have Nexus. But every so often, it just stops working correctly - until I reinstall FL. Any thoughts?

Reinstall Nexus, not FL studio

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 03:22 AM Reply

At 12/15/10 04:54 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
Did you try recording Automation & Score? That might be a strange way to bring it up in the edit window in the piano roll.

just did, no dice. Never thought of doing automations that way though! i think only features that change insantly while you move the knob are automatable.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 12/16/10 12:02 AM, Numi wrote: Got myself a question here...

I have Nexus. But every so often, it just stops working correctly - until I reinstall FL. The rest of FL works, and the only problem is I can't change the presets in Nexus. Not in a new channel, not in an existing one, not in a new project, not in an old one. Reinstalling FL is a pain in the ass. Especially all the moving of data, instruments, and backups. Any thoughts?

Running FL9 btw.

Happens in most DAWs if you change the 'instrument' (preset) while you have it playing. The software hiccups. I think it has to do with how Nexus finds the sample files it uses to play, and if called upon to play a sound without having searched, it makes no noise and cancels the search.

All you have to do is pound the space button on and off so your song isn't playing while you change the preset, then back on when its done so you can hear it without having to move the mouse a whole bunch. In the event it silences anyways, you can just replace the Nexus with another instance of the nexus, and you won't lose automation connections and whatnot. You will need to find the preset you had selected though (thanks Nexus's search function!).

BBS Signature
Numi
Numi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 12/16/10 01:19 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
Happens in most DAWs if you change the 'instrument' (preset) while you have it playing. The software hiccups. I think it has to do with how Nexus finds the sample files it uses to play, and if called upon to play a sound without having searched, it makes no noise and cancels the search.

All you have to do is pound the space button on and off so your song isn't playing while you change the preset, then back on when its done so you can hear it without having to move the mouse a whole bunch. In the event it silences anyways, you can just replace the Nexus with another instance of the nexus, and you won't lose automation connections and whatnot. You will need to find the preset you had selected though (thanks Nexus's search function!).

uhm.. I change the instrument preset all the time midsong and it never hiccups. For example, this time, I opened FL for the first time in like, 2 weeks, opened a project, added a new instance of Nexus, and was stuck with the Init Saw you get before choosing a preset.

I'll give reinstalling Nexus a go. h/o

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 05:30 PM Reply

reinstalling nexus should do it. Sounds like your soundbank file got misplaced.

Wat

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 06:13 PM Reply

Maybe I have a problem of my own then lol.

BBS Signature
BulletCasing
BulletCasing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 10:53 PM Reply

Hey guys. Now, I'm still a complete newb in terms of using FL, but I have made one (attempt at a) dubstep track, but let's just say it didn't come out to well.

I have a few questions that would really help. Most likely they've already been answered at some point, but I mean, come on, there's no way I'm looking through 500+ pages.

1) How would I make my bass more pronounced and loud? The last time I made a bassline and added the wobble, it was extremely quiet compared to professional tracks.

2) How should I fill in the quiet spots in my song? I feel with just the bassline and kick/snare pattern, it's much to quiet. Is it just a matter of adding some synth sounds and leads, or is it more of a matter of just personal preference?

"How far are you prepared to go to save someone you love?"

BBS Signature
BulletCasing
BulletCasing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 12/16/10 10:53 PM, BulletCasing wrote: I have a few questions that would really help. Most likely they've already been answered at some point, but I mean, come on, there's no way I'm looking through 500+ pages.

Woops, I mean 100+ pages. Looked at the wrong thread.

"How far are you prepared to go to save someone you love?"

BBS Signature