00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,472 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-25 22:42:27

At 1/25/11 10:29 PM, Or4nges wrote:
At 1/25/11 10:24 PM, jpbear wrote:
right next to the main volume bar(top left of FL) theres also a master pitch level, right click, reset,
ILOVEYOU O_O;

Seriously, I was about to just give up the whole song lol

Yeah, you have to watch your pitch benders xD You'll eventually learn to avoid the things that can change your entire song, accidentally.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-27 18:41:59

At 1/27/11 03:28 PM, leftBrain wrote: How do I "Burn" all the mp3s I've made onto a CD and make an album out of them?

Not FL related. You use whatever music software you have (media player, itunes, zune, etc) and a CD (no floppies) that is meant for putting things on, and use the 'burn to CD' option.

Re-writeable CDs make it even easier.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-27 19:01:39

someone probably already asked this if so just tell me what page its on.

when I try to select the bass from the sound packs, instead of the bass note it plays some random high pitched note three to four octaves up. My question is how do I get it play the note the I want.

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-27 19:02:52

At 1/27/11 07:01 PM, dontpanic01 wrote: someone probably already asked this if so just tell me what page its on.

when I try to select the bass from the sound packs, instead of the bass note it plays some random high pitched note three to four octaves up. My question is how do I get it play the note the I want.

dont put in high notes? put in lower notes in the piano roll?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-27 19:26:27

At 1/27/11 07:01 PM, dontpanic01 wrote: someone probably already asked this if so just tell me what page its on.

If you are using a sample (an mp3/wav/ogg/etc), check when you drag and drop it into your sequencer that the channel settings window, under the sample/shape tab, that the time stretching is all reset. If you stretch a sample, it won't bend pitch no matter where you place it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-27 19:38:45

its automatically selecting c5 instead c2

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-28 02:25:16

like demo projects and most synth plugins made it

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-28 02:29:34

At 1/28/11 02:25 AM, sugarsimon wrote: like demo projects and most synth plugins made it

7, Shoebox, my sequencer, shoebox

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-28 05:11:55

Hey people.
I've been having trouble with the RECORD BUTTON/AUTOMATION & SCORE FEATURE.
How do i resolve this?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2841/
dddpd.png

As you can see, After i hit record and i automate that certain part, the damn thing stretches.
And basically i'm left with a half melody while the entire beat still plays in the background.
Sounds fucking ridiculous.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-28 19:50:22

anybody know if theres a way to make the midi notes you play on midi light up(on the side) in fl layer? its kinda of annoying.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-29 05:29:42

I have a little bit different question..... Does anyone know a good trustful site where i can find custom fl studio themes/skins:D?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-29 11:49:11

At 1/28/11 07:50 PM, jpbear wrote: anybody know if theres a way to make the midi notes you play on midi light up(on the side) in fl layer? its kinda of annoying.

They already light up in the top left of the screen when theres input, and I believe it shows you the velocity level and note as well up there. If not, it lights up in the piano roll if you have that open. Where are you talking about exactly?

At 1/29/11 05:29 AM, ACINO wrote: I have a little bit different question..... Does anyone know a good trustful site where i can find custom fl studio themes/skins:D?

flstudiosamples.com has 62 of them

The Skin Tank (fl studio fan forum) is also pretty legit. Although these are forum posts from developers and what not for new releases, so its not just a simple nice list.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 14:30:39

At 1/29/11 11:49 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 1/28/11 07:50 PM, jpbear wrote: anybody know if theres a way to make the midi notes you play on midi light up(on the side) in fl layer? its kinda of annoying.
They already light up in the top left of the screen when theres input, and I believe it shows you the velocity level and note as well up there. If not, it lights up in the piano roll if you have that open. Where are you talking about exactly?

The piano roll on the left of the screen, for every instrument ya got in it it lights up(when you play the midi note), but specifically in FL Layer, they dont light up for some reason. But its nbd, just a little quirk i hate.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 19:53:53

Ok this might sound dumb... I used to know how to do this but I forgot cuz I havent used FL in like over a year now... But I'm trying to use a certain synth sample and the notes play for too long... so when I play 1 note and then another note the first note is still playing while the second note begins... How do I shorten the amount of time each note plays for so the 2 notes are not playing at the same time? And no... shortening the bars in piano roll does not work for this synth sample while for others it does for some reason... wtf?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 20:14:58

okay, i've been trying to figure out how to make a certain type of sound in FL Studio, its hard to describe so, here is an example i made... lol jk jk but here is an example

deadmau5 Ghost n stuff the heavy deep bass whip sound.

anybody got an idea? I tried with diff synths whiping the x-y but no hit

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 20:18:34

At 1/30/11 07:53 PM, afraidofaliens wrote: Ok this might sound dumb... I used to know how to do this but I forgot cuz I havent used FL in like over a year now... But I'm trying to use a certain synth sample and the notes play for too long..

try going into the audio edit and cut the song, right click the sound and hit sound edit. try that

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 20:53:05

At 1/30/11 08:18 PM, darx wrote:
At 1/30/11 07:53 PM, afraidofaliens wrote: Ok this might sound dumb... I used to know how to do this but I forgot cuz I havent used FL in like over a year now... But I'm trying to use a certain synth sample and the notes play for too long..
try going into the audio edit and cut the song, right click the sound and hit sound edit. try that

Where is the "audio edit" feature? There is a lot of edit options but none that I have found let me cut the song and have a "sound edit" feature... I must not be looking in the right place? Using FL studio 9 btw...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 21:04:55

refer to pic below,

unless your using some sort of plugin, if so, look at the control of plugin and play around with the sustain, reverb, and/or hold knobs. you should find the right sound.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 22:19:21

At 1/30/11 09:04 PM, darx wrote: refer to pic below,

unless your using some sort of plugin, if so, look at the control of plugin and play around with the sustain, reverb, and/or hold knobs. you should find the right sound.

Your idea wasn't the solution however you pointed me in the right direction... in channel settings, in the misc tab, I had to click "cut itself" and it worked... funny because thats not how I thought I did it before... oh well it works... Thanks for the help.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 22:27:26

At 1/30/11 10:19 PM, afraidofaliens wrote:

Thanks for the help.

alright glad i could help :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 22:43:24

At 1/30/11 10:27 PM, darx wrote:
Thanks for the help.

To help you with your original question... It sounds to me that deadmouse is using a regular hip hop or dance kick sample and a snare that's a lower volume or maybe slightly distorted at the same time... I think that's what makes that "whipping bass"...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 22:48:43

I realize my last post looks a little confusing... basically what I mean is I think it's a kick + snare combo with maybe a slight distortion... thats just what it sounds like to me anyway... could even be a snare rim shot sample in combination with the kick sample...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 22:52:01

At 1/30/11 08:14 PM, darx wrote: okay, i've been trying to figure out how to make a certain type of sound in FL Studio, its hard to describe so, here is an example i made... lol jk jk but here is an example

deadmau5 Ghost n stuff the heavy deep bass whip sound.

anybody got an idea? I tried with diff synths whiping the x-y but no hit

whiping the x-y?
just automate the low pass filter+high resonance,
wavewise i heard he uses a moog saw in just about every song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 22:57:55

At 1/30/11 10:43 PM, afraidofaliens wrote:
At 1/30/11 10:27 PM, darx wrote:
Thanks for the help.

To help you with your original question... It sounds to me that deadmouse is using a regular hip hop or dance kick sample and a snare that's a lower volume or maybe slightly distorted at the same time... I think that's what makes that "whipping bass"...

oh, not that sound, it sounds like a synth that is being distorted and whips. its a small effect that he uses, and Feed me uses it a lot too.

I've come close but it just doesn't sound right.

its like a small effect he first uses it at exactly 20s, into that link then again at 34. i know it has something to do with the x,y with a synth, but i wanna know what synth

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 23:02:10

At 1/30/11 10:52 PM, jpbear wrote:
whiping the x-y?
just automate the low pass filter+high resonance,
wavewise i heard he uses a moog saw in just about every song.

thanks man, that helped, i think that will give me the sound i've been lookin for!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-01-30 23:06:01

its like a small effect he first uses it at exactly 20s, into that link then again at 34. i know it has something to do with the x,y with a synth, but i wanna know what synth

Yeah I completely misunderstood the question and realized it after the guy below me responded haha...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-02-02 23:22:29

where the hell is the bell synth in fl studio??? I have used it in my songs before but I can't find the bell synth to save my life no for some odd reason... wtf?? what category is it under?? I'm using fl studio 9...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-02-02 23:28:26

At 2/2/11 11:07 AM, leftBrain wrote: I'm wanting to get some nice bongo sounds to use in one of my songs, ideally like the ones in this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp5B3fhUg QQ&feature=related

Any idea where I can get them from?

It could be that the producer purchased the sound packs but in all honestly it sounds to me like a bunch of different tom tom samples cleverly used together...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-02-03 01:25:57

At 2/2/11 11:22 PM, afraidofaliens wrote: where the hell is the bell synth in fl studio??? I have used it in my songs before but I can't find the bell synth to save my life no for some odd reason... wtf?? what category is it under?? I'm using fl studio 9...

In the sequencer right click a channel, add synth, check your list. If it isn't there, go to the "more" options, and fast scan your VSTs. Though for native FL instruments, shouldn't be necessary. Tick any synths on that you think might be it to checkout.

DX10 is bell-ish.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-02-03 03:35:44

At 2/2/11 11:22 PM, afraidofaliens wrote: where the hell is the bell synth in fl studio??? I have used it in my songs before but I can't find the bell synth to save my life no for some odd reason... wtf?? what category is it under?? I'm using fl studio 9...

Even just Sytrus has several bell synths. Just mess with their parameters untill you get something you like. Dream Bell is a decent one