00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,493 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-09 20:39:54

At 2/9/13 05:15 PM, GershBeats wrote: That's a useful feature that I didn't know about actually! But what I'm talking about is more convenient since the scrolling is 2d, both horizontally and vertically at the same time. It's also faster and makes the workflow a little better I'd say. Just left-shift + hold-right-click + mouse around in the playlist and you're see what I mean! In FL9 it's 2d, in FL10 it's just vertical.

Oh, I see what you mean now. From what I can tell, you can't do both at the same time. You can do left-shift+right-click on the top scroll bar to scroll to the side quickly, but it won't do both vertical and horizontal scrolling at the same time.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-09 23:39:46

You can still do it. Its even easier now. You just need a scroll wheel in your mouse (which pretty much every mouse has). The scroll wheel can also be used like a button so just press it down and keep it down while you scroll and presto! it works.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 00:06:36

Is there a way to change the tempo of recorded audio without affecting the pitch in FL Studio?
I don't remember being able to do that when I was an FL user.
The other day I had to stretch some guitar parts in Live for a friend who only used FL.
If even audacity can do that, there has to be a way in FL, right?

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 00:15:33

At 2/10/13 12:06 AM, MilkyChocolate wrote: Is there a way to change the tempo of recorded audio without affecting the pitch in FL Studio?
I don't remember being able to do that when I was an FL user.
The other day I had to stretch some guitar parts in Live for a friend who only used FL.
If even audacity can do that, there has to be a way in FL, right?

FL can do it. It's pretty easy. Just go to the channel settings of any audio clip (its the little window that pops up when you click and/or double click the audio clip) and under the SMP tab (which is probably already open) there is some time stretching options near the lower middle. Click the dropdown menu where it says Resample and change it to Pro Transient. Now when you stretch stuff it keeps the pitch the same.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 00:20:04

It might say "Auto" instead of Resample....but never the less....change it to Pro Transient

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 00:21:36

At 2/10/13 12:15 AM, Breed wrote: Click the dropdown menu where it says Resample and change it to Pro Transient. Now when you stretch stuff it keeps the pitch the same.

I remember that, but I mean precisely. Like what if I want to go from exactly 128.24 bpm to 64.59 bpm?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 00:37:46

At 2/10/13 12:21 AM, MilkyChocolate wrote:
At 2/10/13 12:15 AM, Breed wrote: Click the dropdown menu where it says Resample and change it to Pro Transient. Now when you stretch stuff it keeps the pitch the same.
I remember that, but I mean precisely. Like what if I want to go from exactly 128.24 bpm to 64.59 bpm?

Are you trying to change the tempo of the audio without changing the tempo of the project? Cuz then that would be harder to do. If not....the audio will stay in the same position and length in the playlist when you change the project tempo. If you are trying to automate the tempo without changing the pitch then refer to this video.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 00:52:20

At 2/10/13 12:37 AM, Breed wrote: Are you trying to change the tempo of the audio without changing the tempo of the project?

Yes. I do not want the project tempo to be relevant to my time stretching. Can I not select the original tempo and the new tempo and have it (even destructively) change it for me?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 00:56:57

At 2/10/13 12:52 AM, MilkyChocolate wrote:
At 2/10/13 12:37 AM, Breed wrote: Are you trying to change the tempo of the audio without changing the tempo of the project?
Yes. I do not want the project tempo to be relevant to my time stretching. Can I not select the original tempo and the new tempo and have it (even destructively) change it for me?

You'd have to do that with just the audio solod using the video method I linked. Then record the output and take off the tempo automation and just use the new audio clip.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 01:02:40

At 2/10/13 12:56 AM, Breed wrote: Awesome things

I see, that's an awesome trick, and sounds excellent. Thanks for the tips.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 03:58:41

I'm drunk and I read audio and tempo changing. You can right click on an audio clip in the playlist and select "fit to tempo" and then select "bpm" or something like that, and enter the bpm of the audio clip, and it will in turn match the audio clip to your track, assuming you've entered the correct tempo in from the audio clip.

Words.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-10 06:42:00

At 2/10/13 03:58 AM, Envy wrote: I'm drunk and I read audio and tempo changing. You can right click on an audio clip in the playlist and select "fit to tempo" and then select "bpm" or something like that, and enter the bpm of the audio clip, and it will in turn match the audio clip to your track, assuming you've entered the correct tempo in from the audio clip.

Words.

Go home Envy. You're drunk. Don't drive though....you don't want to end up on Heaven Road too early........c wut i did thar?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-11 00:02:17

At 2/10/13 06:42 AM, Breed wrote:
Go home Envy. You're drunk. Don't drive though....you don't want to end up on Heaven Road too early........c wut i did thar?

Reading what I wrote it makes sense... Sort of.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-13 12:33:58

At 2/9/13 11:39 PM, Breed wrote: You can still do it. Its even easier now. You just need a scroll wheel in your mouse (which pretty much every mouse has). The scroll wheel can also be used like a button so just press it down and keep it down while you scroll and presto! it works.

Ah ok. I use a laptop so no middle click! Aighty I'll work with a mouse from now on :) Thanks!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-15 04:45:10

I'm very easy in FruityLoops. I changed tempo for house music 128 beats per minute.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-15 04:46:00

At 2/15/13 04:45 AM, sugarsimon wrote: I'm very easy in FruityLoops. I changed tempo for house music 128 beats per minute.

Dude I missed you so much you don't even know.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-15 09:19:25

Hello, i have weird problem about piano roll (9.0 version): i can't attach instruments (or whatever they are called) on the squares anymore.. I don't how it goes like that, but it doesn't go away if i close the fl studio.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to make anything because it moves freely, not attach, as it should be.. Help anyone??

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-15 13:24:05

At 2/15/13 09:19 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hello, i have weird problem about piano roll (9.0 version): i can't attach instruments (or whatever they are called) on the squares anymore.. I don't how it goes like that, but it doesn't go away if i close the fl studio.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to make anything because it moves freely, not attach, as it should be.. Help anyone??

Are you saying that the notes in the piano roll no longer snap to the grid? Click the option shown below.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 09:28:14

Right, quick technical question.

With Edison you can record FL's playback and save it as WAV or MP3. Sometimes it's quicker to just hit record on Edison and play through the song I'm working on rather than export it with File > Export. Is there anything that should stop me from doing this?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 10:06:19

At 2/16/13 09:28 AM, Step wrote: Right, quick technical question.

With Edison you can record FL's playback and save it as WAV or MP3. Sometimes it's quicker to just hit record on Edison and play through the song I'm working on rather than export it with File > Export. Is there anything that should stop me from doing this?

As far as I know... nope.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 10:10:52

If you're exporting 16 bit, I don't see a reason.
If you're exporting 24 or 32, I would want to work completely in 24 or 32 bit wavs, and to ensure that all that wonderful quality is preserved, export edison as a wav into the project.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 11:13:54

Doesn't rendering the song take exactly as much time as recording in Edison?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 11:43:55

At 2/16/13 11:13 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:

Doesn't rendering the song take exactly as much time as recording in Edison?

No. It often takes longer to render the song for me. The playback goes in real-time, rendering goes much, MUCH slower, especially if I have a lot of plugins running. I've recorded large sections of song with Edison faster than the export process for that section would go, and slower. It depends on how many instruments you have playing, as far as I know. If you want to test it out, try loading about 15 instances of Massive and playing notes on them for 20 seconds worth, then record it with Edison and export it normally - compare the difference. Also try it with only one instance of, say, FL Keys playing 20 seconds worth of notes.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 11:48:18

At 2/16/13 11:43 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: If you want to test it out, try loading about 15 instances of Massive and playing notes on them for 20 seconds worth, then record it with Edison and export it normally - compare the difference. Also try it with only one instance of, say, FL Keys playing 20 seconds worth of notes.

If you want to preserve audio quality, don't do that!
You're recording it at 16 bit and under, which is very low quality!
FL export sets all of Massive's quality settings to max on export, giving you the best possible sound quality and clarity.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 12:00:14

At 2/16/13 11:48 AM, ATTW7-Envy wrote: If you want to preserve audio quality, don't do that!
You're recording it at 16 bit and under, which is very low quality!
FL export sets all of Massive's quality settings to max on export, giving you the best possible sound quality and clarity.

Don't worry, I export normally when I'm doing the final export. I was just answering the question that I quoted. ^_^

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 13:21:05

At 2/16/13 12:00 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Don't worry, I export normally when I'm doing the final export. I was just answering the question that I quoted. ^_^

Even if you export normally at final, you still probably loose all the quality, though!
AGgadgksdghsd

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 13:25:39

At 2/16/13 01:21 PM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/16/13 12:00 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Don't worry, I export normally when I'm doing the final export. I was just answering the question that I quoted. ^_^
Even if you export normally at final, you still probably loose all the quality, though!
AGgadgksdghsd

...what, you mean by doing "file -> export -> mp3 -> Settings on maximum quality" I'll "loose all the quality"? That's what I mean by exporting normally - using the program's export function. Is there some other magical workaround that I'm unaware of?

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 17:43:49

At 2/16/13 01:25 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: ...what, you mean by doing "file -> export -> mp3 -> Settings on maximum quality" I'll "loose all the quality"? That's what I mean by exporting normally - using the program's export function. Is there some other magical workaround that I'm unaware of?

If you first record Edison output onto a channel, then yes, you loose the quality right there.
Unless, of course, that isn't what you're talking about.

I haven't had sleep in a while

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-16 18:06:56

At 2/16/13 05:43 PM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/16/13 01:25 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: ...what, you mean by doing "file -> export -> mp3 -> Settings on maximum quality" I'll "loose all the quality"? That's what I mean by exporting normally - using the program's export function. Is there some other magical workaround that I'm unaware of?
If you first record Edison output onto a channel, then yes, you loose the quality right there.
Unless, of course, that isn't what you're talking about.
I haven't had sleep in a while

Sorry, nah. :P I did have to do that with a few plugins so that I could mix them properly in one song (though quality wasn't actually lost - at least, not audibly), but I meant the entire piece of music as Step originally asked.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-17 13:18:27

At 2/15/13 01:24 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Are you saying that the notes in the piano roll no longer snap to the grid? Click the option shown below.

Oh yes, it worked! Thank you so much! :)