New Topic Respond to this Topic
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-28 15:43:17 Reply

At 5/28/12 02:28 PM, LaForge wrote: what the hell, FL9 Producer doesn't support .flac? i don't have access to the .wav of the track i'm trying to mix, so is there another lossless format i can use?

If I am not mistaken FL does support AIFF, but I can be wrong.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-28 20:47:18 Reply

At 5/28/12 02:28 PM, LaForge wrote: what the hell, FL9 Producer doesn't support .flac? i don't have access to the .wav of the track i'm trying to mix, so is there another lossless format i can use?

convert it to wav or aiff with the flac command line interface.

At 5/28/12 06:26 AM, Nechura wrote: Hey guys, me and mate are gonna' try doing some metal/electronic type stuff and I just wanted to know some methods for recording high quality guitar? I'm currently running a Zoom GFX pedal through a shitty Behringer usb interface and I'm not getting a very nice sound at all..

try running some amp/speaker sims with it. these guys make a bunch of decent free ones you can use instead of running through the multi-FX.

p.s. i am gay

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-28 22:34:00 Reply

At 5/27/12 02:52 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/27/12 02:08 AM, TheZaaL wrote: I don't know if somebody already posted this, but I didn't feel like browsing 200 pages...
It seems that when rendering, fl boosts the bass, and I don't like that. Each time I have to do some patch work, anybody help???
This shouldn't be happening. Has it always happened, and is it happening with every project file? Try rendering with "Disable max poly" and "HQ for all plugins" UNCHECKED. If it's just happening with one song go through your initialized controls (in browser, under Current Project > Patterns > Initialized controls) and make sure there isn't anything that would turn up the bass of the master or a particular instrument.

Tried all of it, didn't work. It happens all the time too, so I guess I just suck at mixing??? And no, drivers are not the problem, I can garanty you that. But that was just curiosity, thanks for the time!!

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 03:05:03 Reply

@Zaal

Actually I have the same issue. I just drop the bass levels way low and keep exporting until they're at a decent level.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 03:26:08 Reply

At 5/29/12 03:05 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote:
@Zaal
Actually I have the same issue. I just drop the bass levels way low and keep exporting until they're at a decent level.

This may seem a bit too obvious, but all media players sound different, and the media player you listen to will have a slightly different sound to what you were hearing when working on tracks in your DAW. I find iTunes has a more crisp sound, as Windows Media Player has a much more bass heavy sound, as VLC Media Player has a muddy sound.

To find out if this is your problem, export your track as a .wav, import it into FL Studio, and see how it sounds running through FL.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 03:48:42 Reply

At 5/29/12 03:26 AM, The-iMortal wrote: This may seem a bit too obvious, but all media players sound different, and the media player you listen to will have a slightly different sound to what you were hearing when working on tracks in your DAW

Now that you mention it, isn't it possible that the equalizer in your player is set so that the bass is boosted? Just sayin'...

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 07:55:06 Reply

At 5/28/12 10:34 PM, TheZaaL wrote: Tried all of it, didn't work. It happens all the time too, so I guess I just suck at mixing??? And no, drivers are not the problem, I can garanty you that. But that was just curiosity, thanks for the time!!

Is your track peaking over 0dB on the master track? I know that clipping problems won't generally present themselves until the track is rendered so if this is the case then try putting a fruity limiter on the master track and bringing down the gain until the track doesn't peak above 0dB. Then render it and see if the bass problem still exists.

I know clipping will generally 'cause the track to sound more distorted overall but it's just a thought.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 11:24:07 Reply

@ChimeraNoise

Usually I just lower bass frequencies and boost at 60 khz and at 160 khz, it gives a clear sound without overpowered bass

@The-iMortal

It was a bit too obvious for me, thanks!

@ LiquidOoze

WOAH! I feel SO dumb right now! Thanks!!

@Nechura

Peaking above 0db creates distortion, not bass boost!! And of course I got a limiter on my master, what a question!!

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 13:32:22 Reply

At 5/29/12 01:22 PM, LaForge wrote: is this a problem?

What happens when you normalize it? Does the dB-meter peak too high then? If it doesn't everything is fine.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 15:40:33 Reply

At 5/29/12 03:25 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/29/12 01:32 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5/29/12 01:22 PM, LaForge wrote: is this a problem?
What happens when you normalize it? Does the dB-meter peak too high then? If it doesn't everything is fine.
peaks like Mount Everest. straight into the blood-red.

Have you put an effect on the mixer channel that could make the dB-meter peak? Because normally the waveform and the dB-meter should be linear.

BBS Signature
Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-30 10:05:55 Reply

At 5/29/12 11:24 AM, TheZaaL wrote:
@Nechura
Peaking above 0db creates distortion, not bass boost!! And of course I got a limiter on my master, what a question!!

Sorry, I was just trying to help..

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-30 21:43:57 Reply

At 5/29/12 11:24 AM, TheZaaL wrote: Peaking above 0db creates distortion, not bass boost!! And of course I got a limiter on my master, what a question!!

If you have a limiter on your master to keep things under 0dB then you're still likely to clip in a media player, depending on sound drivers and other processing. Clipping can change the way sound is perceived in a bunch of ways. It's worth thinking about, like jpbear said it can just be the mix: if you start mixing again from the ground up so that everything stays under 0 without a limiter then you can maximise stuff and see how that goes.

Try this test: start with no limiter and just a basic kick drum pattern - if there's bass boost when you render THAT then it's probably the fault of the media player or sound drivers or anything that isn't you. Play it in a bunch of different media players, too. Hell, render it as a wave and listen to it in sound recorder. If there's no bass boost, keep increasing the complexity of the test song and trying it with/without a master limiter until there is - then you'll have a better idea of what's causing it.

p.s. i am gay

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-30 21:49:12 Reply

@The-iMortal
It was a bit too obvious for me, thanks!

@ LiquidOoze

@Nechura

You ungrateful little shit. Everybody's just trying to help and you're being an absolute dick in return. Even if I found out the solution, I wouldn't tell you.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 06:40:46 Reply

At 5/30/12 09:49 PM, The-iMortal wrote: You ungrateful little shit. Everybody's just trying to help and you're being an absolute dick in return. Even if I found out the solution, I wouldn't tell you.

Ehm, what? I don't see how he's being a dick...

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 09:56:11 Reply

@ LiquidOoze

@Nechura

Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears ZaaL is overreacting because we are covering all bases, and he takes it as an insult, in belief that we have underestimated his audio ability.

And the sarcastic "thanks" don't really show appreciating.

Unless I'm somehow reading the post incorrectly, and the "thanks" are actually not sarcasm...

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 10:18:04 Reply

At 5/31/12 09:56 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Unless I'm somehow reading the post incorrectly, and the "thanks" are actually not sarcasm...

I have a feeling that's the case, lol.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 10:22:38 Reply

At 5/31/12 10:18 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I have a feeling that's the case, lol.

If that is the case, I sincerely apologise.

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 11:02:07 Reply

Anyone know any good vocal smples or synthesizers? The default vocal samples for FL Studio is so limited as in it's either just plain deep-throated singing or it's whistling.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 11:07:16 Reply

At 6/4/12 11:02 AM, JJM121 wrote: Anyone know any good vocal smples or synthesizers? The default vocal samples for FL Studio is so limited as in it's either just plain deep-throated singing or it's whistling.

Not really an FL studio question, but regardless synthesizing vocals is pretty modern technology and will cost you a pretty penny to get some quality at the moment. You get can simple formant filters and make nice oo's and ah's for anywhere from cheap to free but actually having something synthesize intelligible words into believable timbre and pitch is no easy or cheap task.

A simple google search of "vocal synthesizer" will get you results to look into.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 15:20:26 Reply

At 5/31/12 10:22 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 5/31/12 10:18 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I have a feeling that's the case, lol.
If that is the case, I sincerely apologise.

I was not sarcastic at all, no dicking here. Yes, I treated myself of dumb, and the problem was me stupidly not checking my eq and mixing badly. But more like not checking my eq.

And yeah, lol, I sincerly thank you for your help :P

I AM NOT A JERK... ok?

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 15:31:48 Reply

Woops, bug! stupid tab!

@Nechura sorry if I sounded like a jerk, but it appeared obvious to me.

So yeah, pretty much it, sorry for the commotion!

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 04:34:18 Reply

At 6/4/12 03:31 PM, TheZaaL wrote: Woops, bug! stupid tab!

@Nechura sorry if I sounded like a jerk, but it appeared obvious to me.

So yeah, pretty much it, sorry for the commotion!

No worries bro, misunderstandings happen

p.s. i am gay

Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:29:21 Reply

having some major noise issues when recording with FL.

Okay, here's the gear setup: Guitar > Amplifier input > Amplifier pre amp line out > USB audio interface microphone

taking in the output from the interface headphone jack and the amplifier headphone out and plugging them into a hub, then plugging my headphones into the hub and monitoring both, using various adapters. sounds like a bad idea, but it worked PERFECTLY for like 10 minutes.

I'm using ASIO4ALL as my sound driver in FL and using it to record with my interface into the playlist (using multiple channels, including master). it can do either mono or stereo - i've tried both with same result, shitload of noise. the levels were all pretty much equal in that first ten minutes, and the dB meter was nominal. then something happened and everything went to shit. i've checked and rechecked my connections and equipment - nothing faulty or loose. i've switched between my two pickups, active and passive, same thing.

if you need more info, please lemme know, i need to get this working ASAP.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:39:24 Reply

At 6/5/12 03:29 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: having some major noise issues when recording with FL.

Not likely an FL studio issue. Sounds to me like you're putting a line level signal into a mic input on your interface. Is it just noise? Or is the signal also very loud/peaking/clipping?

Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:41:34 Reply

At 6/5/12 03:39 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 6/5/12 03:29 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: having some major noise issues when recording with FL.
Not likely an FL studio issue. Sounds to me like you're putting a line level signal into a mic input on your interface. Is it just noise? Or is the signal also very loud/peaking/clipping?

just noise. line level, what does that mean?

i bypassed my pedal because, even though it's EQing too was level and sounded fine through my headphones, it was EXTREMELY quiet and had to be normalized just so you could hear it, and even then i had to use a limiter because it peaked.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:59:38 Reply

At 6/5/12 03:41 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: just noise. line level, what does that mean?

Line level is just the boosted signal that comes out of a pre amp. Thats why its called "Line Out" which means Line Level Output. It sounds to me like youre just pluggin the line out into a microphone jack on an interface, but your wording was strange because you called it a "audio interface microphone" --does that mean its a microphone thats also an interface? If thats the case then look for a LINE IN on the interface rather then just a mic plug.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 16:01:57 Reply

And if it really is FL studios doing, then its probably just the playback not the recording itself. Just hit F10, go to the audio tab on the left, and raise the buffer size. Then try listening again.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-08 21:53:05 Reply

At 6/8/12 02:49 PM, LaForge wrote: i've every issue figured out, save one. i turn out "countdown before recording", go to "one-click recording" and hit "recording audio clip to playlist", and the fucking countdown turns itself back on. is this something that that particular recording function will always do, or can i permanently disable it?

one-click recording is essentially a macro, so this is just something that it'll always do. is there any particular reason you need to use the one-click recording feature?

p.s. i am gay

Morph94
Morph94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 15:31:06 Reply

Well, now I know why this piece of shit is pirated so much. I paid over $100 dollars for the Fruity Edition, and now I realize that in order to use ANY of ImageLine's plugin synthesizers, you have to shell out EVEN MORE additional cash. I mean, come on. $79 for Ogun? $179 for Sytrus? $189 for Maximus? I paid for this; why are they trying to charge me these ridiculous amounts for VST's ALREADY included in the program? I mean, I bought FL Studio so I wouldn't have to pay the $800+ it takes to get Ableton Live.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 20:55:02 Reply

At 6/11/12 03:31 PM, Morph94 wrote: Well, now I know why this piece of shit is pirated so much. I paid over $100 dollars for the Fruity Edition, and now I realize that in order to use ANY of ImageLine's plugin synthesizers, you have to shell out EVEN MORE additional cash. I mean, come on. $79 for Ogun? $179 for Sytrus? $189 for Maximus?

the upgrade from fruity edition to XXL is $300 and you get all of those plugins

p.s. i am gay