New Topic Respond to this Topic
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 10:19 AM Reply

At 11/8/10 02:11 AM, Or4nges wrote: Ok, So i've got this HUGE string lead i've made out of a 3xosc with chorus, reeverb2 and *cough soundgoodizer cough*

However it seems to be eating up all my frequencies. I can't hear the hi-hats and the bass is suverely diminished.

I'm not turning it down as it's my intention to have it in your face at this part, but is there a way I can bring my other instruments to the front as well?

Turn it down. If its in your face then you won't be able to hear anything else unless you turn everything else up or know what frequencies to cut/boost in your lead and the other instruments. If it's so loud that everything else is covered then IT IS TOO LOUD, i dont care how much you want it in your face, if it's blocking everything else its not only a mixing problem but a VOLUME PROBLEM.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

SeeD419
SeeD419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 11/6/10 10:37 AM, defegistor wrote: I've never really played with this, but I always assumed it was useless.

Haha, oh wow yeah that's not at all what I thought it was.

You can get a ton of piano sounds just using FL Keys and effects. There are knobs to fiddle with inside the plugin, and some good effects to add (which can dramatically improve the sound) are Fruity Reeverb 2, Fruity Parametric Eq 2, and Fruity Compressor.

Nice, thanks for the really helpful reply.

At 11/6/10 06:57 AM, KrisSumara wrote: So when ever you play something on your PC keyboard the notes don't fade away but keep on playing?

Yeah, usually happens with Syrtus on any preset. Weird huh? No clue, if it starts pissing me off again I might come bitch about it some more, but it's usually when I'm testing presets and keep pressing keys that it happens. Sometimes it happens just from pressing a single key and has nothing to do with switching windows.

Minecraft server: proxa.co
PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download
Sig by illicit

BBS Signature
ganon95
ganon95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 11:35 AM Reply

how would i go about automating volume control on the master channel in FL9?

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 01:01 PM Reply

The usual right-clicking the volume control knob and selecting create automation clip should work.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 11/8/10 11:35 AM, ganon95 wrote: how would i go about automating volume control on the master channel in FL9?

Or if youre using an outside vst, touch the knob you want to automate, then in the down arrow in the top left of the vst select "browse parameters" click that then in the browser a bunch of stuff should appear, and "main volume" will be highlighted or whatever it is you touched.

But yeah, for the master channel the simple right click should suffice.

Wat

Kalapsia
Kalapsia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 06:33 PM Reply

HOW DUZ 1 ABLE CHANGE COLOR OF CHANEL OF INSTRUEMNT???????? I TOO HAVE PROBLEM BUT CANOT SHORT CUT KEY ALT+C. HOW????

Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 07:20 PM Reply

At 11/11/10 06:33 PM, Kalapsia wrote: HOW DUZ 1 ABLE CHANGE COLOR OF CHANEL OF INSTRUEMNT???????? I TOO HAVE PROBLEM BUT CANOT SHORT CUT KEY ALT+C. HOW????

... Right click the channel and go to rename.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 11/11/10 06:33 PM, Kalapsia wrote: HOW DUZ 1 ABLE CHANGE COLOR OF CHANEL OF INSTRUEMNT???????? I TOO HAVE PROBLEM BUT CANOT SHORT CUT KEY ALT+C. HOW????

Right click -> Rename -> F2

Anyways, onto my question. I <3 Asio4All just bunches, but it hogs up other programs. It's either you can only hear the audio when you're inside of FLS, or you can only hear the sounds in FLS. Is there a way to make the sounds play with Asio regardless of which window I'm in (and still let other windows play), or is it not possible?

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 08:40 PM Reply

Control panel, audio options. Check what driver you are using.

BBS Signature
defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 09:33 PM Reply

In the audio settings window, highlight 'auto close device.' This allows other applications to use audio when FL Studio isn't (but is still open).

However, ASIO4ALL is very picky about simultaneous audio use. Even if you download an ASIO playback plugin for your media player, ASIO4ALL won't let you use the media player and FL at the same time.

I've heard that some soundcards have their own ASIO drivers (e.x. CreativeASIO) that are more forgiving. Unless you upgrade though, I think you're stuck switching back and forth between ASIO and primary when using other applications.

BigCrazy
BigCrazy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 15th, 2010 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Here's a quick picture to describe what I'm having trouble with
I was wondering how to get the gray bars under your sample when you are layering to save room
In the pattern

I'd love a quick response but I'll take anything because I've been wracking my brain trying to figure this out

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 15th, 2010 @ 05:33 PM Reply

Go to channels menu -> zip selected, or hit alt-z.

BigCrazy
BigCrazy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 15th, 2010 @ 05:57 PM Reply

Thanks!

Or4nges
Or4nges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 16th, 2010 @ 10:48 PM Reply

Havn't been able to find any good How To's so here goes.

Are there any free VSTi's for a realistic sounding orchestra? It doens't have to be top of the line, just something I can make fairly decent sounds out of.

Or if anyone knows how to make a good sounding string section out of say.. 3xOsc some tips would be nice.

Thanks!

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 16th, 2010 @ 11:37 PM Reply

is there any way to route a series of mixer channels, all together into one mixer channel(and that channel goes into master)?

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2010 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 11/16/10 11:37 PM, jpbear wrote: is there any way to route a series of mixer channels, all together into one mixer channel(and that channel goes into master)?

The best way to do this is using send channels. To route a channel to send 1, select the channel and turn the knob circled in red to the right. You can also turn an ordinary channel into a send channel by hitting the button circled in cyan.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2010 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 11/16/10 10:48 PM, Or4nges wrote:
Or if anyone knows how to make a good sounding string section out of say.. 3xOsc some tips would be nice.

I thought this sounded pretty good for 3xosc.

Or4nges
Or4nges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2010 @ 01:01 AM Reply

At 11/17/10 12:45 AM, defegistor wrote:
At 11/16/10 10:48 PM, Or4nges wrote:
I thought this sounded pretty good for 3xosc.

Hey thanks! that is pretty zazzy.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2010 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 11/19/10 02:19 PM, Skeepsis wrote: I have a bass sound uploaded in DirectWave. The problem is that I don't know why the base notes are being sustained, even though in the Piano Roll I've extended the green bars.

Do you mean they aren't being sustained? Sustain means to prolong (whether thats the cadence in music, or the length of a certain note).

That aside, you have to adjust the ADSR or change the loop type in the "Zone" and "Sample" tab in the bottom left. If you bass is the same length no matter what you probably have it on One-Shot loop mode. It wont be easy but try to find a good looping point so make the note sustain.

In the event that you actually want it short since you said you didnt want it to sustain, you still would have to fix the looping mode

OctopusTone
OctopusTone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 01:14 PM Reply

We have youtube for a reason

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 02:10 PM Reply

At 11/20/10 01:14 PM, OctopusTone wrote: We have youtube for a reason

then use youtube if you don't feel like getting personal responses. This is if you actually want to be helped to figure something out than to simply be shown how to do it.

Youtube tutorials show you how that person does it, so you end up copying the sound they're making or learning FL their way.

No one asked you to stop by here.

Wat

Or4nges
Or4nges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 02:36 PM Reply

Here we are again.

Does anyone know of some *free* VSTi Pianos that sound better, or even just different (in a good way)than FL Keys?

I'd like to experiment a bit :)

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 11/20/10 02:36 PM, Or4nges wrote: Here we are again.

Does anyone know of some *free* VSTi Pianos that sound better, or even just different (in a good way)than FL Keys?

It's not a VST that I have in mind, but IMO the SGM V2.01 soundfont has some pretty good pianos. Three piano samples, and they all sound good, especially the third one.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 11/20/10 02:36 PM, Or4nges wrote: Here we are again.

First of All, never use FL keys, never mind the circumstance, the quality of those pianos just degrades your music.
So:

If you have a large price range and want something worth your while I suggest East/West Quantum Leap Pianos , It's expensive but there are pianos with really good quality and vary a lot in sound.

Also, reFx have a ROMpler called Nexus2, you probably have heard of it because it's extremely hyped, but this also has some massive piano sounds, for every genre probably, the quality is out of this world and there are no barriers as to what you can create.

As for Freeware :

I'd suggest using the SGM-V2.01 soundfont Supersteph54 linked above, It has very good piano samples.

And something very helpful would be this, That thread contains some orchestral sf2 with some nice pianos in it absolutely free, so yeah, check that out too.

Or4nges
Or4nges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 05:30 PM Reply

Thanks for the links! I'm really excited to use these soundpacks, they look awesome.

paradimensional
paradimensional
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 08:23 PM Reply

So I'm trying to import a kick sample from the browser. When I click on it in the browser and it plays, it sounds like it should, but when I put it into a channel, it freaks out and gets all distorted... does anyone have any idea what's going on

defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 08:35 PM Reply

Make sure the time stretching settings in the channel settings window are at their default positions (middle click the knobs.) Also try going to tools -> general settings and deselect read sample tempo information.

GamerMan7
GamerMan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 21st, 2010 @ 12:43 AM Reply

At 11/20/10 08:23 PM, paradimensional wrote: So I'm trying to import a kick sample from the browser. When I click on it in the browser and it plays, it sounds like it should, but when I put it into a channel, it freaks out and gets all distorted... does anyone have any idea what's going on

Also bring up the channel's properties window (the one where you assign that channel's FX slot). On the MISC tab, near the mini piano roll there, click Reset.

This resets the sample back to C5 root note, which is the default key it is previewed in the browser.

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:11 PM Reply

Hey there fellow Fl Studio users. I've gone back to FL Studio for the speedy workflow when I'm making "VG music" but as always with FL Studio there are problems all over!

I've always been wanting some heavy metal riffs for my battle themes and whatnot and I just recently discovered this awesome pack for NI Kontakt 4.

Now the thing that stumps me is that it will load an instance fine one time in FL Studio, but FL Studio will not be able to load a project with Kontakt 4 in it afterwards.

I went ahead and checked every possible solution I could think of, (including testing cracked versions of said full version).

Things I've already tested:
Turning on/off multithreading, plugin reset on transport, sound drivers, compatibility modes, reinstalling FL Studio / Kontakt player, virus/(whatevz)ware scans.

I've googled this problem along with my general erratic daw's behaviour and have not found a single result that helped or even came close to representing a similar problem.

That being, if anything at all happens FL studio freezes with empty dialog boxes and has to have the process terminated Ctrl-Alt-Del style. This applies to Fl studio versions 7-9.0.3. I'm suspecting FL studio (being a purely 32 bit program) works like a shitbrick on a 64bit system but that doesn't explain why FL 6 and below works properly.

However FL Studio 7 and up has features that I NEED so downgrading isn't an option at all for me.

These problems apply to other computers aswell as a legit/not so legit copy of the daw.

I guess I've got to correct this if it makes no sense later, I'm kinda multi-multi-multitasking atm.

Feel free to add b0unc3.music@gmail.com as I'd love to solve this problem as fast as possible.

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate

Wat