New Topic Respond to this Topic
Reaper93
Reaper93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 22:18:55 Reply

I think first u shot web, then string up bass in web for extra wobble.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-02 05:07:22 Reply

At 9/1/10 05:46 PM, AlexCo wrote: How do I bass?

like dis

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-02 07:49:20 Reply

No, it's every audio clip i have, when I drag it into the playlist, it doesn't appear, and NO, to any idiot, it's not invisible.

Could it be a file in my computer becuz i had some problems with it and i had to move some filez

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-02 15:53:05 Reply

At 9/2/10 03:51 PM, Skeepsis wrote: Thanks. I also want to slowly increase the feed value in echo delay. Would I use pretty much the same method?

Yes, just a simple increasing automation connected to the delay's input/feed or damp knob.

BBS Signature
Japillow
Japillow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 01:30:47 Reply

Um...I'm experimenting with this melody I made, and I was wondering if there's any way to figure out the exact notes the arpeggiator is playing in FL studio, other than listening by ear. It's really complicated with a four note chord being played and whatnot...

Check out some of my music!

Reaper93
Reaper93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 02:58:34 Reply

Well, put the four note chord into the piano role, then go to the little triangle button in the top left, tools, arpeggiator and look for yourself.

Japillow
Japillow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 10:22:03 Reply

Thank you! All this time using FL Studio and I've never looked at the "tools" part of the piano roll...Thanks again for your help!

Check out some of my music!

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 13:37:15 Reply

At 9/3/10 01:31 PM, Skeepsis wrote: My FL Studio 9 project file is getting so big that it's starting to crash a lot... and it's taking ages for it to load and perform simple operations.

Is there any way I can get round this?

I'm just at the cleaning up stage of this massive song I've been working on, but it's becoming virtually impossible now because the program is just being too slow.

Restart your pc, disk clean, registry clean, defrag, close other users, close other programs, set your VSTs to play in low quality if they have the option, optimise effects where you can (remove unused things, use one compressor instead of 2 if you can, stuff like that).

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 13:50:08 Reply

At 9/3/10 01:31 PM, Skeepsis wrote: My FL Studio 9 project file is getting so big that it's starting to crash a lot... and it's taking ages for it to load and perform simple operations.

Is there any way I can get round this?

I'm just at the cleaning up stage of this massive song I've been working on, but it's becoming virtually impossible now because the program is just being too slow.

One thing that helps me a lot is switching the smart disable for all plugins. (Tools > Macros > Switch smart disable for all plugins). It gets my CPU usage to like 6%.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
TheBackupCrew
TheBackupCrew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 09:01:36 Reply

And how in FL 9.1 do I change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4?

~Butterfly Rennaisance
(TheBackupCrew)

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 09:42:04 Reply

At 9/5/10 09:01 AM, TheBackupCrew wrote: And how in FL 9.1 do I change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4?

Options > Project General Settings

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 13:48:16 Reply

At 9/5/10 08:34 AM, Skeepsis wrote:
At 9/5/10 08:10 AM, Skeepsis wrote: Okay, I have another problem, lol.

For some reason my song has started skipping and sounding all glitchy when I play it back. Like an old CD that keeps skipping ahead or a record thats getting scratched too much. You know the sound... any advice on why it's happening?

Most likely your audio settings. Go to your audio settings and up the buffer length until it stops

Also, how do I reset the channel settings for a particular plugin instrument to its default?

This varies from plug-in to plug-in. Usually there is an "init" button or "reset" or many times a default preset in the list of presets.

TheBackupCrew
TheBackupCrew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 17:10:52 Reply

At 9/5/10 09:42 AM, Mussirus wrote:
At 9/5/10 09:01 AM, TheBackupCrew wrote: And how in FL 9.1 do I change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4?

THANK YOU!!!

~Butterfly Rennaisance
(TheBackupCrew)

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 17:49:41 Reply

At 9/5/10 05:10 PM, TheBackupCrew wrote:
At 9/5/10 09:42 AM, Mussirus wrote:
THANK YOU!!!

No problem :)

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 09:03:24 Reply

At 9/6/10 08:32 AM, Skeepsis wrote: I've downloaded a drum loop, as a .wav file, and I want to use it in my Fruity Edition version of FL Studio.

I went to file < import but it looks like you can only import MIDI files. Any help?

You can either put the drum loop anywhere in your 'Patches' folder of FL Studio (Typically Local Disk > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio > Data > Patches) and then drag it to the step sequencer or playlist, depending on where you want it, or you can open the Edison (by clicking on the 'Open new audio editor' icon in the Extra Shortcut Panel), click on the SD card icon at the very left of the Edison window, click 'Load sample...', find your drum loop, and once you've loaded it, click on the button at the very right entitled (Drag / copy sample / selection), and drag that button onto the playlist or step sequencer.

Sorry for the massive sentence and bad explanation, and I hope I helped. There's probably a quicker way to do it, but that's how I do it ^^.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 09:33:46 Reply

At 9/6/10 09:20 AM, Skeepsis wrote: Hmm. I clicked on the 'Open new audio editor' button, but it said 'This feature is only available in the producer edition package'. I have the fruity edition.

Ah, my bad, I should pay attention more often...

I also put the .wav file in with the loops folder where you said it would be, but it's not showing up in the browser... D:

Try and put the drum loop in Local Disk > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio > Data > Patches > User. Then, go to the browser, and click on the User folder in there. If that doesn't work, try refreshing the browser by hitting Ctrl + R.

If that doesn't work either, then there's something weird in the Fruity Edition which I don't know about O.o.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 09:57:02 Reply

At 9/6/10 09:44 AM, Skeepsis wrote: Still not working! It's madness.

I can see the file in the user folder, but damn, when I look at the same folder from within FL Studio, it says it isn't there!

OK, that's weird. Are you sure the file is a wav file? The browser only shows files with particular file extensions, I believe.

BBS Signature
digital-musician
digital-musician
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 10:45:09 Reply

I could of just asked this on the FL forums, but any ideas when 9.5 is coming out? (not the beta)

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 13:43:44 Reply

At 9/6/10 01:29 PM, Skeepsis wrote: Ah... I've figured out how to do it.

In case anyone's interested...

I went to Options < File Settings

Then I put the .wav drum loop file in a folder I named "my drum loop". I just put the folder in my documents and then added the folder to the list that comes up. It then adds the folder to the browser.

Ah, congrats! It must be that your folders in 'Patches' are different to your folders in the browser then :S. I'm no expert so you may want to ask technical support about it or hope that an FL expert comes and helps in this thread...

BBS Signature
Reaper93
Reaper93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-07 06:24:28 Reply

@ guy with .wav loop problem: if in the future you ever want to just kind of avoid any of that browser hassle you can just drag and drop the file onto your sequencer from wherever it's being kept in your computer folder-wise and it'll make itself a channel.

AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-07 12:48:49 Reply

Has anybody found any good tutorial follow along videos for FL studio? I found some on youtube but I can't stand the google ads in between the videos. I can never finish watching them because after the ad the video won't continue playing. Applesauce.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-07 23:46:53 Reply

At 9/7/10 12:48 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: Has anybody found any good tutorial follow along videos for FL studio? I found some on youtube but I can't stand the google ads in between the videos. I can never finish watching them because after the ad the video won't continue playing. Applesauce.

Use a different browser, update flash and java, refresh the page, open links in new tabs.

Could you be more specific as to what it is you are looking up information on?

BBS Signature
mmmburgers
mmmburgers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-09 05:52:43 Reply

Is there anyway to run FL studio full screen, but have it extended onto my second monitor?

At the moment I have it in windowed and stretched to the second monitor. Just wonder if I could have it in full screen some how.

Lothp
Lothp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-12 01:12:45 Reply

I'm even really sure if this post belongs here but does anyone know if 1.3 Beta Version of Audacity works and is safe. My anti-virus is confused about it haha.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-12 01:53:19 Reply

At 9/9/10 05:52 AM, mmmburgers wrote: Is there anyway to run FL studio full screen, but have it extended onto my second monitor?

At the moment I have it in windowed and stretched to the second monitor. Just wonder if I could have it in full screen some how.

That would probably be really annoying to work with. That is an option with your monitors, not FL.

At the other fellow, Audacity should be safe to dl regardless of version. Its free, its not some cracked software.

BBS Signature
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-12 15:48:13 Reply

At 9/9/10 05:52 AM, mmmburgers wrote: Is there anyway to run FL studio full screen, but have it extended onto my second monitor?

When I used to have dual monitors I just set up the monitors and then opened FL and it would automatically span across both screens. It probably has something to do with your monitors and not the program. Adjust some settings in the properties for dual monitors and see if that fixes anything.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-14 17:27:14 Reply

question dudes,
when making basses, theres always the couple good notes that the bass sounds full and and the wave remains intact on the display. The farther away from that perfect note, the less explosive the bass gets :(. Is there a way to extend the range a bass synth sounds good at? Or am i doing something wrong.

eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-14 18:26:16 Reply

At 9/14/10 05:27 PM, jpbear wrote: question dudes,
when making basses, theres always the couple good notes that the bass sounds full and and the wave remains intact on the display. The farther away from that perfect note, the less explosive the bass gets :(. Is there a way to extend the range a bass synth sounds good at? Or am i doing something wrong.

i seem to kinda have the same issue. It might be that our subwoofers has pumped bass at some 80hz. Or maybe it just sounds good arround there

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-14 19:23:32 Reply

At 9/14/10 05:27 PM, jpbear wrote: question dudes,
when making basses, theres always the couple good notes that the bass sounds full and and the wave remains intact on the display. The farther away from that perfect note, the less explosive the bass gets

It has to do with the harmonic & partial content of the sound. Bass sounds in particular have a lot of lower end frequencies. Typically we can't hear any sound below 20hz, but more then likely your speakers don't accurately playback that range anyways, so what you are getting is more and more low end harmonics dropping off the audible threshold.

What you will first notice when you get close to dropping off is that it sounds a tad weaker and LOT mushier, thats because theres too much harmonic content at that low of a level(and since they have such a long wavelength and such high energy and are so inaccurately heard, they dont mix well).

Is there a way to extend the range a bass synth sounds good at? Or am i doing something wrong.

Yes there is, have a bassline with a simple shape low end, like a sine or square, and fatten up the sound with low-mid to high mid range other shapes and sounds. This is going to give it the timbrel quality you are looking for without reducing the power and the simpler shape on the low end wont get QUITE as mushy, if it does, you can easily do a layer of synths instead, keeping a simple shape subbass and having it move in parallel motion with your main sounding "bassline" which is more like a low-midline. That way you can lower the low-mid a bunch and just stay in the same octave of sub bass...

Hope that helped, I write impulsively so my points are always scattered.

Numi
Numi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-15 06:36:43 Reply

I'm rather confused about this one, I started up FL this morning to work on some stuff before school and every time I mouse over ANY automation clips a Windows dialogue box with a red X appears and plays an brief sound denoting an error of some sort, and I'm given the message "External exception C0000006".

I tried messing around in a new project file in case somehow that one got corrupted - I created clips for different settings in different VSTs, every one still gave me the error every time I moused over it, making them impossible to edit. Any pre-made clips from older project files still work though - I had a slowly rising filter cutoff clip in a hardstyle tune I'm working on, and that still gives me the desired sound. It's not like FL can't use the automation clips. That is evident in that old ones still work. Windows seems to be having the problem here - but I'm not sure why.

If it helps, running FL Studio 8 on Windows 7.