InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-16 22:46:37 Reply

... On msn.

Make sure you think before you speak too, otherwise you look like a satchel of manure.

BBS Signature
Gloudas
Gloudas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-17 00:06:26 Reply

So the soundgoodizer is a great pluginn, but I always feel like I'm cheating when I'm using it, mostly because I don't understand what its doing. I know thats its compressing/limiting/EQ'ing all at once, by using Maximus, but in terms of how it is actually manipulating sound, I'm at a loss.

So can anyone describe to me, in technical terms, what exactly is being done to the sound when you put it through a FL studio Soundgoodizer?

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-17 00:50:47 Reply

Open up the Maxiums and check the A, B, C, D presets. If you aren't ssure what you are looking at....

Generally their mastering-esque settings, only difference is that it has a hard limit on it to stop redlining/clipping. Compression I believe by frequency bands is rounded and keeps the dynamic range more even, and louder in mot case. There some soft clip settings on the volume envelopes to ensure things don't get shrill. By in large its jacking the frequencies without redlining where it can.

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-20 10:43:47 Reply

At 8/17/10 12:06 AM, Gloudas wrote:
I know thats its compressing/limiting/EQ'ing all at once, by using Maximus, but in terms of how it is actually manipulating sound, I'm at a loss.

I find this funny, because I don't own Maximus, but it lets me use the Soundgoodizer, a part of Maximus. It's really quite odd, or perhaps just a very simplified taste of what Maximus does. InvisibleObserver nailed it pretty well though, I have no experience with Maximus what so ever.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
SomeGuyInSomePlace
SomeGuyInSomePlace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-24 13:56:30 Reply

How do I download soundfonts and VST's and what folders do I put them in?

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-24 14:29:11 Reply

At 8/24/10 01:56 PM, SomeGuyInSomePlace wrote: How do I download soundfonts and VST's and what folders do I put them in?

Google sound fonts.

Vsts will go in your VST folder. The folder path will look something like;
D:\Program Files\VST
Within FL though you can designate where to find your VSTs, so the placement of the folder isn't too important. Its good to keep it simple though so finding the VST is quick. (IE don't put them on some weird drive through a mile of folder chains)

Sound fonts will go in the sound font folder, soemthing like;
D:\Program Files\FL Studio 8\Data\Patches\Soundfonts
Likely you have leniency with this placement as well, but I never fiddled around with it. The FL SF player didn't like opening things from weird places for me.

With both SFs and VSTs you can have folder or open files within the file locations I've mentioned. I try to keep each VST and its software/run files/info files all in seperate folders for the sake of having them seperate. This doesn't disrupt how the file plays, it just makes moving things around easier so I don't have to sort through a huge stock of loose files.

Some sound fonts to get you started off.

You need the SfPack file to unpack the sound fonts (it is on the site).

Get the soundfont packs, unpack them by dumping them into the unpacker, then move the unpacked files to the designated location that your music software will play them from ( which I mention in the first half of this post)

These are generally wind, string, orchestral instruments including some percussion of sorts.

A sound font is a pack of recordings of real instruments played at different volumes, notes, and playing styles, so that pending on the options in software you play them at, they mimic a realistic instrument playing live. They tend to be like cheap sampler modules.

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-24 14:33:51 Reply

The above linked site hosts legally free SFs. They will require some mixing to make them sound better (layering them/chorus/reverb). If you two last posters need more help with them PM me, though their pretty straight forward and it shouldn't be necessary.

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-24 21:59:55 Reply

Some of my VSTs worked fine when I first made a song, but after opening it in FL Studio a couple of days later, they don't send any signal to the mixer at all, although they show a signal in the patterns editor. I can't reproduce the sounds with my usb controller, they are just gone, although those VSTs worked before and also work if I create a new project.. To make this even more mysterious, I used the same VST twice in one project - one still works, the other doesnt. >:C

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-24 22:36:05 Reply

At 8/24/10 09:59 PM, wandschrank wrote: Some of my VSTs worked fine when I first made a song, but after opening it in FL Studio a couple of days later, they don't send any signal to the mixer at all, although they show a signal in the patterns editor. I can't reproduce the sounds with my usb controller, they are just gone, although those VSTs worked before and also work if I create a new project.. To make this even more mysterious, I used the same VST twice in one project - one still works, the other doesnt. >:C

What Vsts?

Are you writing in an off color in the piano roll that isn't midi controller 1?

Upon reload iwthin the file do they work?

Do you have any automation clips filtering or muting things that should be in there?

Have you set anything accidentally to initialize song with a position that mutes things?

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-25 07:38:53 Reply

At 8/24/10 10:36 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
What Vsts?

Kontakt 4 and Battery 3

Are you writing in an off color in the piano roll that isn't midi controller 1?

No, and even if I click on the keyboard within the plugin itself, it doesn't play anything and doesn't show a change in volume. The fruity pattern editor shows channel volume when playing the song, though, but within the piano roll I can't create a sound by clicking it, neither.

Upon reload iwthin the file do they work?

Only if I create a new channel with the same VST, but not within the plugin itself.

Do you have any automation clips filtering or muting things that should be in there?

Apparently not.. Well, there is one for my cello, but not for my drums, and both didn't work.

Have you set anything accidentally to initialize song with a position that mutes things?

Haven't found anything.

This problem occurs on more than one project, but only with third party VSTs.. ;<

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-25 10:37:49 Reply

What location have you saved the VSTs to and what is your routing settings like in FL for finding them? Try and make it as direct as possible, I've had the same thing with Kontakt before and it was cause the samples weren't being found. I cleaned things up, moved folders around and it doesn't give me issues anymore.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-25 14:18:07 Reply

At 8/25/10 07:38 AM, wandschrank wrote:

No, and even if I click on the keyboard within the plugin itself, it doesn't play anything and doesn't show a change in volume. The fruity pattern editor shows channel volume when playing the song, though, but within the piano roll I can't create a sound by clicking it, neither.

Try taking the vst out of FL, then reloading it into FL and it might ask you to locate the soundbank or something. SImply find the soundbank there and it should work.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

SomeGuyInSomePlace
SomeGuyInSomePlace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-25 20:37:03 Reply

With CHR_Heaven_C6, How would I get the transition from pitch to pitch more smooth? I want to make a remix on the Halo theme. SHUSH, I know it's not original.

SomeGuyInSomePlace
SomeGuyInSomePlace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-25 20:45:39 Reply

At 8/25/10 08:37 PM, SomeGuyInSomePlace wrote: With CHR_Heaven_C6, How would I get the transition from pitch to pitch more smooth? I want to make a remix on the Halo theme. SHUSH, I know it's not original.

Also, I don't no how to word this any differently.

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-26 02:23:18 Reply

At 8/25/10 08:37 PM, SomeGuyInSomePlace wrote: With CHR_Heaven_C6, How would I get the transition from pitch to pitch more smooth? I want to make a remix on the Halo theme. SHUSH, I know it's not original.

Adjust the volume envelopes on the sampler (INS tab, then click on VOL). The window where it says TIME|TNS|Envelope is what you'll want to adjust- mess with the attack, sustain, and release knobs. If you don't know what that is google it or look at the help file. Also enable loop points (on the SMP tab). Or better yet, just download a choir soundfont.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

SomeGuyInSomePlace
SomeGuyInSomePlace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-26 11:38:44 Reply

Where could I get a good choir sf, good sir?

ghostinglostman
ghostinglostman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-28 14:13:38 Reply

How do you get a good 8-bit sound on FL?

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-28 14:18:41 Reply

At 8/28/10 08:36 AM, Skeepsis wrote: I want to play two different melodies using the same FL Slayer "chorus" preset in FL Studio 9. But I want different settings on FL Slayer for the different melodies. I tried opening up FL Slayer in a new channel, but the settings made there applied to all the FL Slayer "chorus" presets... any idea how I can get around this problem?

Clone the FL Slayer (Right click -> Clone) and set that one to a new channel.

New tune: Yag

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-28 14:42:43 Reply

At 7/18/10 05:38 PM, cgizzle wrote: Is there a way to make a certain note fade out in the piano roll?

Righ click a channel related volume knob and press the automation know then create the fade out in the piano roll or playlist

YouTube fl studio automation

Sirdangolot5
Sirdangolot5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-28 17:57:24 Reply

In a lot of my tracks I sidechain with Fruity Peak Controller.
However, if the kick drops out, there's a really annoying click sound that's very noticable on the sidechained channel.

I've noticed this on other newgrounds tracks, but not on any professional music. Is there any way to avoid this?

BBS Signature
varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-28 19:57:10 Reply

I can't seem to get FL studio to fully export my piece. It exports the first 9 seconds or so, and then the rest is silent. I've tried closing everything else to save CPU, even disconnecting from the internet. I can't seem to solve this. This has happened before, but usually when I close everything and try again it works. Not this time though :*(

Any help is appreciated! :)

===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-29 14:09:23 Reply

At 8/25/10 10:37 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: What location have you saved the VSTs to and what is your routing settings like in FL for finding them? Try and make it as direct as possible, I've had the same thing with Kontakt before and it was cause the samples weren't being found. I cleaned things up, moved folders around and it doesn't give me issues anymore.

It's on another hard drive then FL Studio, like E:\Kontakt 4\. I deleted the VST out of FL Studio, moved them to the same harddrive, changed the settings for the "extra VST Folder" in FL Studio and addet them again, but it didn't search for a soundbank again, like Envy recommended. I guess I will now just trying to reinstall Kontakt 4 and see if that Error still occurs. Pretty annoying, I never had problems with VSTs before.

By the way, thanks for your help, InvisibleObserver and Envy! I really appreciate it, this problem is really annoying.

Methreee
Methreee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 00:25:12 Reply

Are there any better vocoders out there that are better than Fruity Vocoder?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 00:57:51 Reply

At 8/31/10 12:25 AM, Methreee wrote: Are there any better vocoders out there that are better than Fruity Vocoder?

Fruity Vocodex? mwahaha. Fruity Vocoder is old. They remade that with FL9 I believe (could be 8)

alternateshadow300
alternateshadow300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 01:09:24 Reply

Actually I've been searching everywhere for a good Orchestra soundfont, even Google, and I'm unable to find it anywhere. This may seem like a stupid question but can anyone tell me where I can find an Orchestral soundfont? I really cannot find one anywhere, and I'm looking everywhere and still can't find one.

Maknib
Maknib
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 08:43:58 Reply

At 8/31/10 01:09 AM, alternateshadow300 wrote: Actually I've been searching everywhere for a good Orchestra soundfont, even Google, and I'm unable to find it anywhere. This may seem like a stupid question but can anyone tell me where I can find an Orchestral soundfont? I really cannot find one anywhere, and I'm looking everywhere and still can't find one.

not sure about a sound font but if ya got some cash look into Edirol

i used it for to crate this

http://theaudioportal.com/portal/listen/

vanadasd
vanadasd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 11:58:27 Reply

Hey guys!

What are names of some popular VST plugins that are used in FL? I've really only been messing around with Sytrus.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 12:41:31 Reply

At 9/1/10 11:58 AM, vanadasd wrote: Hey guys!

What are names of some popular VST plugins that are used in FL? I've really only been messing around with Sytrus.

Check this thread.

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 13:52:56 Reply

When I drag an audio clip into the FL Playlist, It just doesnt appear, FL isnt letting me drag audio clips into the Playlist -.-