New Topic Respond to this Topic
Methreee
Methreee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 00:25:12 Reply

Are there any better vocoders out there that are better than Fruity Vocoder?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 00:57:51 Reply

At 8/31/10 12:25 AM, Methreee wrote: Are there any better vocoders out there that are better than Fruity Vocoder?

Fruity Vocodex? mwahaha. Fruity Vocoder is old. They remade that with FL9 I believe (could be 8)

alternateshadow300
alternateshadow300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 01:09:24 Reply

Actually I've been searching everywhere for a good Orchestra soundfont, even Google, and I'm unable to find it anywhere. This may seem like a stupid question but can anyone tell me where I can find an Orchestral soundfont? I really cannot find one anywhere, and I'm looking everywhere and still can't find one.

Maknib
Maknib
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-08-31 08:43:58 Reply

At 8/31/10 01:09 AM, alternateshadow300 wrote: Actually I've been searching everywhere for a good Orchestra soundfont, even Google, and I'm unable to find it anywhere. This may seem like a stupid question but can anyone tell me where I can find an Orchestral soundfont? I really cannot find one anywhere, and I'm looking everywhere and still can't find one.

not sure about a sound font but if ya got some cash look into Edirol

i used it for to crate this

http://theaudioportal.com/portal/listen/

vanadasd
vanadasd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 11:58:27 Reply

Hey guys!

What are names of some popular VST plugins that are used in FL? I've really only been messing around with Sytrus.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 12:41:31 Reply

At 9/1/10 11:58 AM, vanadasd wrote: Hey guys!

What are names of some popular VST plugins that are used in FL? I've really only been messing around with Sytrus.

Check this thread.

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 13:52:56 Reply

When I drag an audio clip into the FL Playlist, It just doesnt appear, FL isnt letting me drag audio clips into the Playlist -.-

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 14:16:23 Reply

At 9/1/10 01:52 PM, borntodj167 wrote: When I drag an audio clip into the FL Playlist, It just doesnt appear, FL isnt letting me drag audio clips into the Playlist -.-

Whats the file type, and is it an audio clip or a sample? (In fl... the channel will be pink or grey respectively, you may need to reload it in as an audio clip)

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 14:25:53 Reply

At 9/1/10 01:52 PM, borntodj167 wrote: When I drag an audio clip into the FL Playlist, It just doesnt appear, FL isnt letting me drag audio clips into the Playlist -.-

Does just the outline appear of the box?

If so , open the properties for that audio clip and de-select "play from disc" or something like that. The form should appear then.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

AlexCo
AlexCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 17:46:22 Reply

How do I bass?

Reaper93
Reaper93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 20:25:29 Reply

At 8/28/10 09:12 AM, Skeepsis wrote: Also, how can I make the channel panning bounce from 50% left to 50% right continuously?

This would be accomplished with an automation clip for panning. Send your channel to a mixer track, then right click the panning knob and go to "create automation clip" then just do it. You can also use the record setting in the top middle to do it by hand, or there's a few other ways to automate it that I can't remember that maybe you can find in the manual or on google or wherever.

At 8/28/10 05:57 PM, Sirdangolot5 wrote: In a lot of my tracks I sidechain with Fruity Peak Controller.
However, if the kick drops out, there's a really annoying click sound that's very noticable on the sidechained channel.

I've noticed this on other newgrounds tracks, but not on any professional music. Is there any way to avoid this?

Included in FL Studio 9 is a new feature in the fruity limiter which allows it to act as a sidechain compressor without the need for fruity peak controller. The click you're describing could be one of several things, so before I say any more could you check and see if the sound persists will no effects or compression on the channel you are sidechaining to? (i.e. turn off the sidechaining but leave the peak controller or whatever).

Also while I'm here, I have a question: does anybody have any creative ways to make windy filler noises? All your generic electronic whoosh and whishes, I'm sure you've heard 'em before. An obvious one is to put a lowpass filter on it and automate that, but I was wondering about other methods?

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 22:16:21 Reply

At 9/1/10 05:46 PM, AlexCo wrote: How do I bass?

soundgoodizernexus

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Reaper93
Reaper93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-01 22:18:55 Reply

I think first u shot web, then string up bass in web for extra wobble.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-02 05:07:22 Reply

At 9/1/10 05:46 PM, AlexCo wrote: How do I bass?

like dis

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-02 07:49:20 Reply

No, it's every audio clip i have, when I drag it into the playlist, it doesn't appear, and NO, to any idiot, it's not invisible.

Could it be a file in my computer becuz i had some problems with it and i had to move some filez

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-02 15:53:05 Reply

At 9/2/10 03:51 PM, Skeepsis wrote: Thanks. I also want to slowly increase the feed value in echo delay. Would I use pretty much the same method?

Yes, just a simple increasing automation connected to the delay's input/feed or damp knob.

BBS Signature
Japillow
Japillow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 01:30:47 Reply

Um...I'm experimenting with this melody I made, and I was wondering if there's any way to figure out the exact notes the arpeggiator is playing in FL studio, other than listening by ear. It's really complicated with a four note chord being played and whatnot...

Check out some of my music!

Reaper93
Reaper93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 02:58:34 Reply

Well, put the four note chord into the piano role, then go to the little triangle button in the top left, tools, arpeggiator and look for yourself.

Japillow
Japillow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 10:22:03 Reply

Thank you! All this time using FL Studio and I've never looked at the "tools" part of the piano roll...Thanks again for your help!

Check out some of my music!

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 13:37:15 Reply

At 9/3/10 01:31 PM, Skeepsis wrote: My FL Studio 9 project file is getting so big that it's starting to crash a lot... and it's taking ages for it to load and perform simple operations.

Is there any way I can get round this?

I'm just at the cleaning up stage of this massive song I've been working on, but it's becoming virtually impossible now because the program is just being too slow.

Restart your pc, disk clean, registry clean, defrag, close other users, close other programs, set your VSTs to play in low quality if they have the option, optimise effects where you can (remove unused things, use one compressor instead of 2 if you can, stuff like that).

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-03 13:50:08 Reply

At 9/3/10 01:31 PM, Skeepsis wrote: My FL Studio 9 project file is getting so big that it's starting to crash a lot... and it's taking ages for it to load and perform simple operations.

Is there any way I can get round this?

I'm just at the cleaning up stage of this massive song I've been working on, but it's becoming virtually impossible now because the program is just being too slow.

One thing that helps me a lot is switching the smart disable for all plugins. (Tools > Macros > Switch smart disable for all plugins). It gets my CPU usage to like 6%.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
TheBackupCrew
TheBackupCrew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 09:01:36 Reply

And how in FL 9.1 do I change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4?

~Butterfly Rennaisance
(TheBackupCrew)

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 09:42:04 Reply

At 9/5/10 09:01 AM, TheBackupCrew wrote: And how in FL 9.1 do I change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4?

Options > Project General Settings

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 13:48:16 Reply

At 9/5/10 08:34 AM, Skeepsis wrote:
At 9/5/10 08:10 AM, Skeepsis wrote: Okay, I have another problem, lol.

For some reason my song has started skipping and sounding all glitchy when I play it back. Like an old CD that keeps skipping ahead or a record thats getting scratched too much. You know the sound... any advice on why it's happening?

Most likely your audio settings. Go to your audio settings and up the buffer length until it stops

Also, how do I reset the channel settings for a particular plugin instrument to its default?

This varies from plug-in to plug-in. Usually there is an "init" button or "reset" or many times a default preset in the list of presets.

TheBackupCrew
TheBackupCrew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 17:10:52 Reply

At 9/5/10 09:42 AM, Mussirus wrote:
At 9/5/10 09:01 AM, TheBackupCrew wrote: And how in FL 9.1 do I change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4?

THANK YOU!!!

~Butterfly Rennaisance
(TheBackupCrew)

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-05 17:49:41 Reply

At 9/5/10 05:10 PM, TheBackupCrew wrote:
At 9/5/10 09:42 AM, Mussirus wrote:
THANK YOU!!!

No problem :)

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 09:03:24 Reply

At 9/6/10 08:32 AM, Skeepsis wrote: I've downloaded a drum loop, as a .wav file, and I want to use it in my Fruity Edition version of FL Studio.

I went to file < import but it looks like you can only import MIDI files. Any help?

You can either put the drum loop anywhere in your 'Patches' folder of FL Studio (Typically Local Disk > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio > Data > Patches) and then drag it to the step sequencer or playlist, depending on where you want it, or you can open the Edison (by clicking on the 'Open new audio editor' icon in the Extra Shortcut Panel), click on the SD card icon at the very left of the Edison window, click 'Load sample...', find your drum loop, and once you've loaded it, click on the button at the very right entitled (Drag / copy sample / selection), and drag that button onto the playlist or step sequencer.

Sorry for the massive sentence and bad explanation, and I hope I helped. There's probably a quicker way to do it, but that's how I do it ^^.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 09:33:46 Reply

At 9/6/10 09:20 AM, Skeepsis wrote: Hmm. I clicked on the 'Open new audio editor' button, but it said 'This feature is only available in the producer edition package'. I have the fruity edition.

Ah, my bad, I should pay attention more often...

I also put the .wav file in with the loops folder where you said it would be, but it's not showing up in the browser... D:

Try and put the drum loop in Local Disk > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio > Data > Patches > User. Then, go to the browser, and click on the User folder in there. If that doesn't work, try refreshing the browser by hitting Ctrl + R.

If that doesn't work either, then there's something weird in the Fruity Edition which I don't know about O.o.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 09:57:02 Reply

At 9/6/10 09:44 AM, Skeepsis wrote: Still not working! It's madness.

I can see the file in the user folder, but damn, when I look at the same folder from within FL Studio, it says it isn't there!

OK, that's weird. Are you sure the file is a wav file? The browser only shows files with particular file extensions, I believe.

BBS Signature
digital-musician
digital-musician
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-09-06 10:45:09 Reply

I could of just asked this on the FL forums, but any ideas when 9.5 is coming out? (not the beta)