00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

665,935 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-15 23:41:14

Ok...don't know how to describe this really but in my playlist things used to snap in place, however they no longer do that and it's annoying when I'm trying to make automation clips because whenever I right click to drag a point, it creates like a million points in the path I move the cursor. If anyone knows how to make this crap stop please PM me. Thanks!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-15 23:47:38

The link doesn't work...and I too have been trying to make a mean synth in 3xOsc.
Try this and tell me if this is what you are looking for:
Use saw, square, and sine in that order and try adding some reverb with a decay between 2 and 3 seconds. Then use a little ping pong delay and top it off with the EQUO. Try to Maximize the high and low end and suppress the mid.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-16 14:28:45

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to remove background music from a wav file using Edison. If so then please explain. Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-16 14:39:12

At 12/16/09 02:28 PM, Cebster wrote: Does anyone know if it is at all possible to remove background music from a wav file using Edison. If so then please explain. Thanks

not possible, sorry.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-16 15:10:16

aw. ok thanks for the response.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-17 15:47:46

At 12/13/09 11:51 PM, arohydro wrote: Thanks. Is it as difficult as it seems? I am not new to music, just the program.

I can guarantee if you spend enough time at it you will be able to achieve most kinds of sounds you want to hear in FL Studio in under a year of working with it. If you are familiar with music to begin with (in terms of composition), probably a lot less time than that.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-17 17:36:57

I don't know if I can word this correctly, but heres my question.

I've noticed some buttons that are like look record and such, towards the top of the program window. Is there some way I can have the song play, and I mess with nobs in plugins and it creates an automation clip of what I'm doing? Like it records changes as the song plays? I'm fairly experienced with automation clips, but if there is a way to do what I'm describing, that would be awesome. And yeah, I tried searching the web for like two hours and nothing came up... Any help with this would be awesome.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-17 17:52:14

At 12/17/09 05:36 PM, IronApe wrote: I don't know if I can word this correctly, but heres my question.

I've noticed some buttons that are like look record and such, towards the top of the program window. Is there some way I can have the song play, and I mess with nobs in plugins and it creates an automation clip of what I'm doing? Like it records changes as the song plays? I'm fairly experienced with automation clips, but if there is a way to do what I'm describing, that would be awesome. And yeah, I tried searching the web for like two hours and nothing came up... Any help with this would be awesome.

in fl8 and fl9, when you press the record button, it should come up with an option for 'Automation and Scores', which does what I think you're saying, in other versions, it does this just when you hit record, not completely sure on that though.

just hit record, press play, and play with your knob, it should record your automation, and you'll be able to edit the automation in the 'Edit Events..' for the knob you recorded your automation for.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-17 17:54:20

Select the pattern you want to record automation on, as this form of automation is pattern based rather than clip based, and right click the record button, select "Automation" as the source you want to record. This record it into the Automation section of the browser rather than the clips window, though. It's a bit different fromc lips, using a quantized (or unquantized if you so select) graph system much like the Velocity, Release, Mod X, etc. under the Graph Editor in the Channels window. To get to the automation you record, open the browser window, go down to Automations, select the Pattern you recorded into, then find the automation you recorded and open it up.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-17 18:15:17

Thank you both very much.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-18 14:18:06

If anyone knows the answer to this I'd be very appreciative.

FLStudio 9 Has a different system of scrolling with your middle mouse button when in piano roll in comparison to earlier versions. Left is right and right is left. So basically now you push back to go forward in your song. Like you scroll the timeline back instead of pusing the window forward. It's really annoying since I'm used to doing it the other way. Is there any way to invert it back?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-18 17:39:26

At 12/18/09 02:18 PM, PeterSatera wrote: If anyone knows the answer to this I'd be very appreciative.

FLStudio 9 Has a different system of scrolling with your middle mouse button when in piano roll in comparison to earlier versions. Left is right and right is left. So basically now you push back to go forward in your song. Like you scroll the timeline back instead of pusing the window forward. It's really annoying since I'm used to doing it the other way. Is there any way to invert it back?

I see the problem your in, I got the same thing with the panels at the playlist, I'm used they are swapped, like in FL studio 1-7. In FL 8 you could still swap them back.

Anyway, I didn't find a way to fix your problem, but it's more logical, it's like you're "holding" the piano roll in your hand and dragging it to the side you want. The result is that you see you the other side.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-19 13:57:54

At 12/13/09 09:59 PM, arohydro wrote: What are some good, tried-and-true learning resources? I'm talking from bare minimum knowledge. I need to learn to work my way around this program. I want to stop sucking.

well. try YOUTUBE! type in anything u want to learn and BAM. u got urself some good tutorials which can help you learn how to use fl studio.. though i just learned everything except for the sidechaining technique by myself..

try this:

Warbeats he is like a genius in FL studio.. Last thing i can say is that you just need to have a feeling for music.. lots of people just think this is going to make them rich, and quit after a few months.. just keep practicing and once ull get there!

hope i helped;)

Denn-C

Denn-C - Pump it up Listen to this guys! Happy handsup song with Rob Mayth influences at least thats what ppl say :D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-19 14:57:38

At 12/18/09 05:39 PM, DJHomeless wrote:
I see the problem your in, I got the same thing with the panels at the playlist, I'm used they are swapped, like in FL studio 1-7. In FL 8 you could still swap them back.

Anyway, I didn't find a way to fix your problem, but it's more logical, it's like you're "holding" the piano roll in your hand and dragging it to the side you want. The result is that you see you the other side.

Yeah, I completely agree. It is more logical. I suppose I'll just have to get used to it. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-20 13:40:15

So I'm wondering if there is a way to like, lower/raise the pitch of individual inserts on the mixer, kind of like how there's the master pitch, just curious.

www.myspace.com/aeliasmn for must up to date tracks. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-20 13:49:01

At 12/20/09 01:40 PM, Mid-Night wrote: So I'm wondering if there is a way to like, lower/raise the pitch of individual inserts on the mixer, kind of like how there's the master pitch, just curious.

nothing in fl itself AFAIK, but a pitch shifter vst would be my best guess.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-20 14:08:00

At 12/20/09 01:49 PM, xKore wrote:
At 12/20/09 01:40 PM, Mid-Night wrote: So I'm wondering if there is a way to like, lower/raise the pitch of individual inserts on the mixer, kind of like how there's the master pitch, just curious.
nothing in fl itself AFAIK, but a pitch shifter vst would be my best guess.

Cool thanks, I always figured there would be a pitch shifting vst ;)

www.myspace.com/aeliasmn for must up to date tracks. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-22 12:57:55

Ive never used any filter-groups before, but after a reformat and upgrade is OS I've come to want them due to a huge number of channels in a single project. How the heck do I move channels to a different filter group. Ive looked all around google and FL and cant understand wtf why not. It's easy to add a filtergroup, but whats the point if I cant move stuff to the new group?

There must be a way im overlooking... :/

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-22 16:04:58

At 12/22/09 12:57 PM, PeterSatera wrote: There must be a way im overlooking... :/

Just go on 'Group selected..' and type in the name of the existing filter group exactly.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-22 18:20:16

Ive tried what you said but it just recreates another filter with the same name. Sorry...im a bit of an idiot. You're going to have to be more specific.

Basically right now I have both percussion and orchestra in the UNSORTED group filter. I'd like to make a new filter (which ive done called percussion). All I would like to do is move the channels from the unsorted tab to the percussion one. it took me ages to setup, so i dont want to have to delete them and then make a new filter and add them to that.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-22 18:31:26

Never mind, I get what you mean now. lol

You actually mean the words group selected, not the name of my selected group.

Thanks so so so so so so much!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-22 19:25:36

So, recently, I've been exploring what it's like to make a good synth in 3xOsc (or at least trying to) and one problem I've been having is that I can't make a strong, satisfying attack for a lead synth.

I've got a sample so you can hear what I mean: (rapidshare link)
http://rapidshare.com/files/320443418 /Bassy_buzz.wav.html
I added some compression in this clip, and that helped considerably, but I'm still not really digging it. Any tips on what I can do? Perhaps some tomfoolery with the envelope will get what I'm looking for?

What I want is a nice, percussive, powerful attack.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-22 20:03:07

At 12/22/09 07:25 PM, Sirdangolot5 wrote: So, recently, I've been exploring what it's like to make a good synth in 3xOsc (or at least trying to) and one problem I've been having is that I can't make a strong, satisfying attack for a lead synth.

I've got a sample so you can hear what I mean: (rapidshare link)
http://rapidshare.com/files/320443418 /Bassy_buzz.wav.html
I added some compression in this clip, and that helped considerably, but I'm still not really digging it. Any tips on what I can do? Perhaps some tomfoolery with the envelope will get what I'm looking for?

What I want is a nice, percussive, powerful attack.

on the ADSR envelopes for the volume of the synth, set the decay to a small amount, sustain to about center and release to 0. this should give it more of an attack, and play around with the decay and sustain to get the right sound.

then you might want to try layering it up with different, more percussive synths, and mess around with some fx on it, stuff like compression and maximizers maybe.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-23 20:21:49

Thanks, I'll do that.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-23 21:18:53

dasFGSFHNEJqw45jwTJH$%T!Ert524%YGHnJ*$o9 %KL8l*J&HYWGH!TYQ#$^TW@%$y6eHDF wYwrty 37u56u 35u w36y wdgsgfh ??!/12?@#$@%!?1!11111?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!11eleven11111!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-23 21:24:28

Okay, so I've been experimenting with MIDI out a bit, and i want to know; is there a way to put a MIDI channel to a specific mixer track? Or is MIDI just not compatible with that sort of thing? Only reason I'm asking is because i want to do mixing on separate Edirol tracks, but I don't know how.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-26 14:15:21

I'm using FL Studio 8, and I want to know what the send channels are for. I've searched for tutorials, but have come up empty.

Also, what are some good VSTis for electrohouse?

Thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-26 16:33:46

Send channels are meant to receive input from other channels. To do this, simply click on any channel (other than the SENDS or MASTER) and you'll notice that a knob appears under the send channel. That's how much sound is being sent from the selected channel to SEND channel in question. If you turn that up, the send channel will apply whatever effects are on it and send the result to the master channel.

For a better explanation with pictures, open up the mixer and hit F1.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-27 13:03:41

Also keep in mind from some version of FL Studio onwards (I think it may have actually been 7 or 8 so pretty recently) all channels can also act as send channels, it's just usually best to use the send channels first since that's, you know, what they're for :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-12-27 14:21:52

At 12/23/09 09:24 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Okay, so I've been experimenting with MIDI out a bit, and i want to know; is there a way to put a MIDI channel to a specific mixer track? Or is MIDI just not compatible with that sort of thing? Only reason I'm asking is because i want to do mixing on separate Edirol tracks, but I don't know how.

The mixer only accepts "Generators" as inputs, and a Midi channel isn't considered a generator. So no, there is no way to control a MIDI out via the mixer. But if you want to control individual instruments inside Edirol, learn how to use it's Edit system for the instruments as well as mixing within it's own mixer setup, both of which can be automated and controlled via Last Tweaked Param. automation. Check YouTube for videos about Last tweaked Parameter.