00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Numagrounds!

132,317 Views | 665 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:08:43

lol...good one, who the hell would fall for this one?

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:10:17

Woah! Ya almost had me there Tom! I actually believed that Newgrounds was gonna change to Numagrounds. Like some other people, it was convincing up to the part where you mentioned the housewives making up most of the demographic. I almost had a heart attack! :) By the way, I wasn't here last April. Can anyone show me the McNewgrounds banner I've been hearing so much about?

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:12:08

At 4/1/05 12:57 AM, TomFulp wrote: We received POSITIVE press for once, traffic flourished and I received tons of encouraging emails from housewives around the country. These women really loved that video of Gary. Our market research shows that housewives in their mid-30s to late-40s are THE TARGET demographic on the web. They have time to browse and money to spend.

nice, very nice :D
great joke, especially newgrounds
bieng such a big business that it
looks at charts and graphs of
target demographic of mid life
housewives...then again...it could
be true :P

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:15:17

So it has been decided that NG could benefit a bit from a change in attitude... A new brand for new times. I've decided that Gary and the Numa Numa Dance are the perfect icon for this next step, hence I am now re-branding Newgrounds as NUMAGROUNDS. From now on, please point your browser to http://www.numagrounds.com. It is currently set to redirect, but the total transfer will be complete in the next 30 days

wow my first post :p anyways hopefully well all look at this site tomorrow and tom will have a new message posted that says april fools it just wont be the same as numagrounds n without the big tank whats the new icon gonna be anyways a giant picture of his face on everything? my days get worse n worse

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:17:56

lol better be a joke. Numagrounds lol, nah one movie can't make such big impact, never! Newgrounds is Newgrounds you can't just take away it's name and replace it with Numa.

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:21:22

And the never ending blackhole of newgrounds continues. This joke is so ingenious.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:23:45

At 4/1/05 12:58 AM, HyperactiveYouth wrote: I liked the joke last year better. Nice try though.

Yeah, too obvious...

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:25:14

wow i remember the mc donalds one now i wasnt joined up as a member then so id idnt think much of it being april fools n all back then i just came to newgrounds n everything was about mc donalds n hamburgers after reading some other posts about last years april fools i think i can go to bed with hope for the world

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:25:59

Numagrounds. If you think about it, that is a more logical name jump than McNewgrounds, and thus more funny, however less likely to actually happen.

How about the asian purchase and renaming of VietNamgrounds?
Or Star Bucks presents Coffeegrounds?
Or the Christian Coalition takes you to the Holyground?
Or the Native American furtherment society's theyusedtobeOurgrounds?
Huh? Huh?

Okay, so I'm not that funny.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:26:40

This is an April Fools joke... I just know it... but if i isn't... then... cool!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:27:42

April Fools!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:30:10

You can't take anything too serious on days near and on april fools.

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:33:53

wow, if this isn't an april fool's joke, then you sure picked a bad time to release this new marketing ploy :D

Happy April Fools!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:37:27

OMFG YOU SHOULD REALLY MAKE THE LOGO BETTER, BECAUSE IT ISN'T REALLY GOOD YET. and yes, I agree, I like your idea, and omg it's friggin cool !!! You changed Newgrounds into Numagrounds, omg!!! Didn't know it would go so far
</sarcasm>
Happy April Fools ^__^ lol the best thing of this is that you registered a new domain for the joke. Anyway, I rather have the McNewgrounds joke, cause there where more changements. Good one though!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:41:43

Its really bothering me, the guy looks hungry. NO I WONT GIVE YOU MY FOOD!!!

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:42:48

i got scared and then remembered it was april 1st

nice one tom

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:46:16

you have got to be kidding me tom. please tell me this a joke. since when do you guys care so much about what the media thinks? if this is for real, you could have chosen something other than Numa Numa Dance as the mascot. maybe i'd fit the bill. :) anyways. when i come back tommorow, the good old NG tank better be back.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:49:20

hahahahahah Newgrounds trying to make money, thats a good one for this year

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:51:44

WTF i hate numbanumba!!!!!!!!!!
why????????? it must be newgrounds not numagrounds !

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:53:32

I wasn't fooled for a second.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:58:51

Haha Awesome.

Come my Numa troops, let us invade Newgrounds!11

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 02:59:29

You got me. I really thought it was true. Untill the drugs wore off ^^ funny shit Tom.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:03:17

my god so many people figured out it was an april fools joke
no seriously tom a word of advice this joke only works if done before april 1st
for some reason the post of changes with a date mark of april first is kinda a dead give-a-way
good luck next year

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:04:37

So it has been decided that NG could benefit a bit from a change in attitude... A new brand for new times. I've decided that Gary and the Numa Numa Dance are the perfect icon for this next step, hence I am now re-branding Newgrounds as NUMAGROUNDS. From now on, please point your browser to http://www.numagrounds.com. It is currently set to redirect, but the total transfer will be complete in the next 30 days.

I fucking hated that numa numa shit from day one... i didnt find one thing funny or amusing about it.. now ur redoing to site and changing the cool tank logo and name to numagrounds... FOR WHAT... FUCKING HOUSEWIVES!?!? No i refuse to type in numagrounds... ever... EVER! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK TO THE TANK LOGO!!!! AND BACK TO NEWGROUNDS PLEEASE

touchin 101

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:08:59

i am insulted!!!!!!
your thinking of the money here tom!!!
what about us!!!
your loyal newgrounders!!!!!!!
i mean NUMAgrounds!!!!!!!
COME ON!!!!!!!!1
this is too far!!!!
it was funny at first!!!
now your just pissing EVERYONE OFF!!!!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:14:01

Hahahaha,

Hey you guys.

Really good that name change! Very good timing indeed!
Maybe next year around this time change it to something else!
So that you keep that name in sunc wif the market ;-)

Coolio

IIPhase

New entry below

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:19:37

Heh - the irony is (not that you'll understand) this April Fools joke has backfired, in that you may as well have been called "Numagrounds" for the past few months. I say "Numagrounds", i actually mean "Oh look kids! We've got Alien Hominid, ON A CONSOLE [WOWZERS] and Numa Numa Dance - aren't we TOO KEWL 4 SKOOL?".

Nice try Tom - now why not remember point 2 of your primer:
"Newgrounds is not a faceless corporation".

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:30:23

OH YEAH!!!

Damn that one is seriously awesome!!

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:32:35

He he he...

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 03:36:50

you should stick the numa song in the ng logo, making it play on every page. Ofcourse with a 'stop' feature, but everytime you reload it starts playing ofcourse. Now wouldn't that be fun hearing a shitsong all day long?