IIPhase
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:14 AM Reply

Hahahaha,

Hey you guys.

Really good that name change! Very good timing indeed!
Maybe next year around this time change it to something else!
So that you keep that name in sunc wif the market ;-)

Coolio

IIPhase

New entry below

Tootbook
Tootbook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:19 AM Reply

nice try got me last year but this year i knew it..mainly because the site was completeLY CHANGED!

Bagels

bloojam
bloojam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:19 AM Reply

Heh - the irony is (not that you'll understand) this April Fools joke has backfired, in that you may as well have been called "Numagrounds" for the past few months. I say "Numagrounds", i actually mean "Oh look kids! We've got Alien Hominid, ON A CONSOLE [WOWZERS] and Numa Numa Dance - aren't we TOO KEWL 4 SKOOL?".

Nice try Tom - now why not remember point 2 of your primer:
"Newgrounds is not a faceless corporation".

carmelhadinosaur
carmelhadinosaur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:30 AM Reply

OH YEAH!!!

Damn that one is seriously awesome!!

BBS Signature
imz
imz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:32 AM Reply

He he he...

SpinTolk
SpinTolk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:36 AM Reply

you should stick the numa song in the ng logo, making it play on every page. Ofcourse with a 'stop' feature, but everytime you reload it starts playing ofcourse. Now wouldn't that be fun hearing a shitsong all day long?

Dustball
Dustball
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:37 AM Reply

Hurray for my drawing of Gary!!! NUMAGROUNDS FOREVER!!! [sigh] [takes screenshot]

Frank
Frank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 03:55 AM Reply

Lame.

Last year's was better.

Numagrounds!

NegaC
NegaC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:09 AM Reply

Haha, good one. I was fooled at first, I'll admit =P

Is there an archive anywhere of past years april fools jokes? I'd like to see them, I can barely remember McNewgrounds or whatever it was.

Jimmy-Cut-Throat
Jimmy-Cut-Throat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:10 AM Reply

At 4/1/05 12:57 AM, TomFulp wrote: For the past few years, I've really been struggling with the branding of Newgrounds. In a post-911 environment with an ongoing war against terror, I thought the tank logo was a bit too warmongerish and hostile. Our business consultants feel that hostile branding breeds a hostile audience, hence all the problems we have with troublesome users.

Recently, we have seen an amazing thing happen with the Numa Numa Dance. We received POSITIVE press for once, traffic flourished and I received tons of encouraging emails from housewives around the country. These women really loved that video of Gary. Our market research shows that housewives in their mid-30s to late-40s are THE TARGET demographic on the web. They have time to browse and money to spend. Best of all, THEY DON'T CAUSE PROBLEMS. They send me emails of appreciation and encouragement instead of stuff like, "YOU SUCK!" and "FUCK YOU!"

So it has been decided that NG could benefit a bit from a change in attitude... A new brand for new times. I've decided that Gary and the Numa Numa Dance are the perfect icon for this next step, hence I am now re-branding Newgrounds as NUMAGROUNDS. From now on, please point your browser to http://www.numagrounds.com. It is currently set to redirect, but the total transfer will be complete in the next 30 days.

This is just a first step to test the water... I think this is a big moment for Newgrounds. We will still be catering to everyone, but we need to make a shift for the good of the site. Remember, more traffic for Newgrounds means more exposure for your Flash. More money for Newgrounds means better prizes! We think we can manage to still showcase the great "youth work" on the site, while also maturing a bit with content that can be enjoyed by adults across the country. After all, I'm getting on in years... How long do you think I can laugh at stick figures exploding themselves?

I hope everyone understands why we are taking this step. I hope you will take this step with us. Together we can make Numagrounds the site Newgrounds always aspired to be!!!

I think newgrounds has been the site that you did want it to be. I personally think you should keep the name newgrounds not Numa. But this is not my website for me to make judgements. As long as the site stays the same with flash games movies and stuff and you guys dont start censoring stuff or just ending up making the website lame.
It will not be the same for me to call newgrounds numagrounds...:(
But that does not mean that I will stop seeing newground I love the site more then any other website I see on the net. Wouldent it suck if I tatooed newgrounds on my arm and then you change the name lol ( I wouldent but just thout about it)

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature
thecianinator
thecianinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:11 AM Reply

At 4/1/05 01:06 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: Hold on, now you're telling me that I can also get my flash featured on the front page for the low price of $20 a day? Not bad. Sophie's Diary really needs a few days in the spotlight.

Thats not true u dumbass, none of that post is. Its an april fools day joke.

Wiesi
Wiesi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:13 AM Reply

LOL!

MaidenHead
MaidenHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:14 AM Reply

April Fools

Xiety
Xiety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:23 AM Reply

At 4/1/05 01:03 AM, pythagoras- wrote: HEY TOM YOU FUCKHEAD, I HATE NUMA NUMA. MORE LIKE FAGGOT FAGGOT, AM I RITE?

No, That Would Be A Mindless Self Indulgence Song.

Tenchi
Tenchi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:24 AM Reply

At 4/1/05 03:04 AM, sleeeeep wrote:

FUCKING HOUSEWIVES!?!? No i refuse to type in numagrounds... ever... EVER! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK TO THE TANK LOGO!!!! AND BACK TO NEWGROUNDS PLEEASE

TELL ME YOUR JOKING!!!!!!! I refuse to believe your serious... ever ... EVER! PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING!!!! AND STOP WRITING IN MOSTLY CAPS WHILE YOUR AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

szupie
szupie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:25 AM Reply

Haha, nice one. I was almost completely conviced, when I remembered: It's April First!!! Hahahaha... Thanks Tom, for the joke.

TYPEYOURNAME
TYPEYOURNAME
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:25 AM Reply

ok...here's my reply. First of all I am 30 yrs old. I happen to like the Numa Numa dance guy but how about Alien Hominid being the new mascot. He is after all YOUR creation and not represent violence. The Newgrounds tank logo is a symbol to breaking through to NEW GROUNDS without all the censorship that most sites would have. While making money IS important, that's why Newgrounds is on after all, don't go too corporate on us and sell us all out. It is your site and you can do what you want, but if you are going to change the site itself to NUMAgrounds, then I think you should maybe create another site called that. Just look at Heavy and HeavyLite, Kazaa and KazaaLite. Two different sites that are interchangeable with each other.

While one change is really no big deal, take a look at ALL the changes that Newgrounds has made and decide if it is just to make your job easier or enhance the quality of the site. One example is McDonald's breakfast, almost everything is pre-prepared 'warm up' type food. The eggs come in liquid form and biscuits come premade. Slowly, one change after another led McDonald's breakfast to become shitty and pretty much unedible. Changing the NAME to NUMAgrounds is a major step that you really can't go back on without completely losing a big audience in the process. Consider 2 sites as opposed to changing the name. It could mean more ad space as well as a possible toned down version of Newgrounds. It certainly would be a chance to make MORE money while appealing to everyone and getting MORE people. If that's too much work then hire someone for god's sakes.

tkum
tkum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:29 AM Reply

FUCKEN SELLOUTS.

NEWGROUNDS IS WHAT IT IS, You cant change this

StrikerF2
StrikerF2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:31 AM Reply

NO DONT CHANGE NEWGROUNDS!
I WILL NEVER SUBMIT TO NUMAGROUNDS!!!!!!!!!!
Please tell me that this is tempoary, untill the numa thing has blown over. and NO i will not type in www.numagrounds.com instead! >:(

BBS Signature
tkum
tkum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:34 AM Reply

At 4/1/05 04:29 AM, tkum wrote: FUCKEN SELLOUTS.

NEWGROUNDS IS WHAT IT IS, You cant change this

lol i just caught up on the whole thing.... i suck

StrikerF2
StrikerF2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:34 AM Reply

WAIT! whats the date today?
APRIL FOOLS!
Hhahahaha! good one tom, you got me :P

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:41 AM Reply

Heh. Numagrounds. Classic.

Wasn't arround for McNewgrounds last year, but I was expecting a load of gags for New Years from my favourite websites.

On a side note, try new Google Gulp, (http://www.google.co.uk/googlegulp/) and congratulate me on my new job at Macromedia.

BBS Signature
K-16
K-16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:41 AM Reply

Glad NG is celebrating April Fools Day unlike so many other sites. I'm actually surprised there are so many people who fell for this. I think Tom should run a tally on how many wasted their time flaming trying to "save the site." :D

hey-kramer
hey-kramer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:42 AM Reply

People need to read the other replies before posting their own, to see what's going on with the post! haha

StrikerF2
StrikerF2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:44 AM Reply

yea, i would have gone on all day hating if i hadnt remembered about that water baloon Placed above my brothers door......lol.......

BBS Signature
RedHotRadiators
RedHotRadiators
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:47 AM Reply

Ha, nice one Tom. Didn't get me though, I made a special visit here to see what u had done!

idle
idle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:51 AM Reply

At 4/1/05 04:25 AM, TYPEYOURNAME wrote: ok...here's my reply. First of all I am 30 yrs old. I happen to like the Numa Numa dance guy but how about Alien Hominid being the new mascot. He is after all YOUR creation and not...

LOL.

This April fools day joke turned about to be hilarious after all.

Consider 2 sites as opposed to changing the name. It could mean more ad space as well as a possible toned down version of Newgrounds.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature
uk-harrier
uk-harrier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:52 AM Reply

Nice idea - could be a bit more thorough, but nice anyway.

It is, of course, my life's ambition to be like Gary. As I type, I'm stuffing my face with an enourmous fatty burger and considering moving to America to help put on extra weight - i can't sing but that doesn't matter, I can pretend to sing and that's all I need to do.

So look out for me on the front page soon!

(Please note: This post may contain an untruth)

GreenLanturn
GreenLanturn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:53 AM Reply

Funny.

Now give us the tank back before I get the ring.

I'm not conceited...I'm convinced.
Also, I like to use ellipses.......a lot...
Xbox Live: GreenLanternDSC

BBS Signature
StrikerF2
StrikerF2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Numagrounds! Apr. 1st, 2005 @ 04:54 AM Reply

yea.....untruth......sure......
hehe, i wasnt here last year so i didnt know if there was gonna be an april fools thing, well, ive taken a screenshot to save the occasion :)

BBS Signature