00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RadicalRonik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab)

37,059 Views | 824 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 12:45:59

I've improved my entry, does this look any better?

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16780767/

If not could you tell me what I need to do to improve it please ^^? I know it isn't finished, I just didn't want to finish it before it needed any big inprovements :D.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 12:52:59

Its good. A tip. Try motion tweening each mouth to grow bigger widder smaller or thinner so make it look more fluid as if shes actually speaking. http://www.komedyworld.com/aminspart.html Look here. Its a fluid motion. Tell me if you understand what I mean. Also add some shading to the characters.

Apart from all that tho I like it, But I did say NO BACKGROUNDS lol so you gotta work around that. Maybe just leave the outline of the pole their and remove the path.

thanks,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 13:43:36

Alrighty, I'll have a crack at it as soon as I finish of some of my art GCSE course work ^^.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 17:44:50

Wow maylee lol Im doing my gcse art as well!
Lol

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 19:20:20

well, I think I'm done... Head Hunter
Hopefully it doesn't lag and throw off the lip syncing... I got a little carried away with the feathers in his headdress! :(

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 19:37:16

At 4/7/05 07:20 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: well, I think I'm done... Head Hunter
Hopefully it doesn't lag and throw off the lip syncing... I got a little carried away with the feathers in his headdress! :(

Aren't all of us suppose to do the "stop crying your heart out" line as well as the given one still? From the many recent samples, I've been thinking that I missed something.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 19:53:37

At 4/7/05 07:37 PM, Astropuff wrote: Aren't all of us suppose to do the "stop crying your heart out" line as well as the given one still?

yes, he said that on the first page...

At 3/29/05 04:17 PM, djamin wrote: All animators must additionally animate their character lip synching to the final line
"Stop crying your heart out" For the End sequence

:)

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 20:17:47

When is this due?

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 20:21:18

At 4/7/05 08:34 AM, djamin wrote: OK PEOPLE sorry I haven't updated in a while.

Can I fill in for one of the poeple you removed?

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 21:18:05

At 4/7/05 08:17 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: When is this due?

admin didnt say...probably
because he wants the artists
to do a good job on their lines,
but at the rate at which we are
finishing...i would guess around
the end of this month in 2 weeks.
just send admin an email to make
shure.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 22:10:06

At 4/7/05 09:18 PM, -Mj wrote:
At 4/7/05 08:17 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: When is this due?
shure.

roger. Oh and his name's amin, not admin lol

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-07 22:42:13

At 4/7/05 10:10 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: roger. Oh and his name's amin, not admin lol

really, crap...iv'e been calling
him that for days...do i feel
like an ass...sorry Amin!
^_^;

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 05:21:39

If someone is not doing his share then i will be more then happy to replace him :)

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 07:24:29

k,k,k im back, wat i miss?

....oh....shit.....

well it was fun...i guess....np, i understand.

hope u guys do well!

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 07:52:09

At 4/7/05 09:18 PM, -Mj wrote:
shure.

Lol Okay -MJ thanks for realising my name is AMIN. Secondly I did set a deadline a while back. It is the end of this month!

Renaenae I love it. I have a huge feeling also that it might lag tho lol well see.

To everyone participating in this collab:
It is not compulsory for you to do the last line but the more people I get doing it the better!
Also I have had at least two entries so far where the character remains COMPLETELY still and only the mouth is synched to the words. I want to bring these characters to life and that is not animation. Thats an image with its mouth moving. Please please look at some other examples of lines, like renaenae's. Although there isnt much body movement there is still some which adds that bit of life to the characters.

Thanks,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 07:54:05

Oh and pants_man I really appreciate how gracefully you took your removal from this collaboration. I will keep my eye on you and by the time the next collab comes around you will be much more experienced to participate.

thanks,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 13:04:47

Hey. I've (sort of) finished mine, I just wanted y'all to check it out. Personally I think the teeth are retarded sort of, at points they're ok... but anyway, tell me what you think.

And don't say the arms need to do something... They're on the same layer so they're not going anywhere

I gotta finish shading.

http://img172.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img172&image=hkjk6xp.swf

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 13:57:35

At 4/8/05 01:04 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Hey. I've (sort of) finished mine, I just wanted y'all to check it out. Personally I think the teeth are retarded sort of, at points they're ok... but anyway, tell me what you think.

And don't say the arms need to do something... They're on the same layer so they're not going anywhere

I gotta finish shading.

http://img172.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img172=hkjk6xp.swf

so move them to a different layer, ya lazy bum!

It needs more. I'm sorry, that just doesn't cut it for the expectations Amin has for this collab (correct me if I'm wrong amin, I just don't think you want it like that)

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 16:23:45

Twinsendude I respect you as an animator but I dont think anyone likes people telling others what they think on behalf of them.

NogginmenAnimations I really do like the art and the style. You just need to add a few more things to bring it a bit more to life. One suggestion is to make his head bop to the beat. Just put his head and mouth into a graphic and just motion tween it up and down to synch with the beat.
Thanks,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 16:46:22

Thats a plan. I also have to put more detail into the clothing, and shading etc. Heh, I made his foot move... badly... heh... yeah... *continues animating*

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 17:34:59

To Amin: I've tried to compress by pasting all the frames on different layers onto one but that didn't seem to help at all. In fact the filesize only got bigger... It's really wierd because I only used vectors.

To Everybody: could everyone tell me what the filesize is of their parts so that I have an idea?
I'm gonna delete some of the things I have currently on the animation to limit the filesize. And if that doesn't work then i'l just have to do it again...

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 17:40:03

At 4/8/05 05:34 PM, Fierras wrote: To Everybody: could everyone tell me what the filesize is of their parts so that I have an idea?
I'm gonna delete some of the things I have currently on the animation to limit the filesize. And if that doesn't work then i'l just have to do it again...

My .fla is 847kb and my .swf is 74.2 kb

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 18:26:38

At 4/8/05 05:34 PM, Fierras wrote: To Everybody: could everyone tell me what the filesize is of their parts so that I have an idea?

mine is 187kb as the fla.
also its a fbf animation.
hope it helps :)

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 19:08:53

At 4/8/05 06:26 PM, -Mj wrote:
mine is 187kb as the fla.
also its a fbf animation.
hope it helps :)

Can I see what you made? because mine is 12 seconds long and 500k.b I really don't understand how it's possible

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 19:15:06

At 4/8/05 01:57 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:

It needs more. I'm sorry, that just doesn't cut it for the expectations Amin has for this collab (correct me if I'm wrong amin, I just don't think you want it like that)

stop being so concerned with other peoples work, especially since this isnt your collab and you dont have anything showed yet. i think it looks great.

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 19:20:38

At 4/8/05 07:15 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:
At 4/8/05 01:57 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:

stop being so concerned with other peoples work, especially since this isnt your collab and you dont have anything showed yet. i think it looks great.

It's just that Amin kept saying throughout the collab for people that were joining that he had to see their artwork because he wanted this to be a top notch collab.

Frankly it doesn't take long to move things to different layers...

How can I not be concerned with other people's work? That's what collabs are all about?

Also: How could I have shown anything yet? In 3d it takes FOREVER to render, and why should I continuously re-render what I have so far to show you guys? Even though I only have about a 2.63 second animation spot, that's about 63 frames, and with the master chief being rather intense (not that intense, but my computer sucks), software rendering the entire thing would take I predict a little less than an hour or so.

Why waste an entire hour of my computer rendering?

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 19:28:40

At 4/8/05 07:20 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:
It's just that Amin kept saying throughout the collab for people that were joining that he had to see their artwork because he wanted this to be a top notch collab.

Frankly it doesn't take long to move things to different layers...

How can I not be concerned with other people's work? That's what collabs are all about?

Also: How could I have shown anything yet? In 3d it takes FOREVER to render, and why should I continuously re-render what I have so far to show you guys? Even though I only have about a 2.63 second animation spot, that's about 63 frames, and with the master chief being rather intense (not that intense, but my computer sucks), software rendering the entire thing would take I predict a little less than an hour or so.

You are basically deciding wether people are in or not by saying 'It needs more. I'm sorry, that just doesn't cut it for the expectations Amin has for this collab'.... I mean wtf, who are you anyway? If you want to tell people that, start your own collab and tell it to the people who joined.

And no, collabs are not about the participating artists giving blunt criticism to each other, it is about creating a flash with different styles and working together. And if you do give criticism, give it in a constructive way and not just by saying 'that needs more work, that doesnt cut it' or 'ew ew ew, that looks bad'. That doesnt help an artist one single bit

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 19:52:50

At 4/8/05 07:20 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:
Why waste an entire hour of my computer rendering?

Dude you don't need to render to show the hole thing, just take some screenshors, that takes you 2min max.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 19:52:59

At 4/8/05 07:20 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: Also: How could I have shown anything yet? In 3d it takes FOREVER to render,

What are you talking about? it takes full movies a while to render in 3d, but say your animation part is... 20secs, well if it took an hour to render(which is not very long at all) and its set at...24 fps

20*24=480 frames.
3600(one hour rendering time)/480=7.5 secs for each frame to render

thats rather slow, considering that walking aniamtion you show us doesnt have anything speical in it. iv seen better rendering in doom3, which is realtime. soo i think you need to cut down your model alittle, or get a better computer. because that is a super slow rendering speed.(PS im not trying to flame or anything, i just think thats a little odd)

Anyway, iv been wacthing this for a while now and i cant wait to see it when its done!...gonna be great! i hope. good luck!

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 19:58:11

28. Just take what you need----okay i guess im in.i hope in not two late