00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tarrs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab)

37,152 Views | 824 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 20:09:40

Thanks AloneInTheDark for the backup.
Ive decided, TwinsenDude, to remove you from the collab.
For many reasons. Firstly a walk cycle is not an example of what your line will be like and if it is then even more of a reason.
Secondly all the other animators are sticking to 2d and I have decided to keep it that way.
Thirdly you keep saying your gonna show a proper example and you still haven't. Fourthly to be honest I do not like your attitude which I have observed from your posts. This collab is about bringing newground artists together to support one another in order to create one fine piece of work and I do not think your contributions to this collab have been anything but negative so far.

Thankyou,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 20:12:02

can i take his place? plz ill try hard plz....*begs*

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 20:23:03

im sorry,i dont really like posting twice in a row,but i didn't get a chance to say much, i whould really be honored to contribute to this collab (if thats okay with you) because i really want to try out all my recent experience with other animaters to learn from them i know how to tween and sync and i promise that i wont half ass it ill try my hardest and more, so if its okay with you may i contribute to this? in twinsin's place?

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 20:39:41

mred can you show me some of your art. Or can you draw up a character for me to see.

thanks,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 20:42:20

sure okay. here or e_mail to you?

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 20:54:17

okay heres some of my work. im sorry its a little blurry or the outlines all screwy i transfered this from a bad program but believe me it looks alot better in flash this is just an example im making another charactor for the collab

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 20:54:48

At 4/8/05 07:28 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: You are basically deciding wether people are in or not by saying 'It needs more. I'm sorry, that just doesn't cut it for the expectations Amin has for this collab'.... I mean wtf, who are you anyway? If you want to tell people that, start your own collab and tell it to the people who joined.

No, I'm telling him he should work on it. Plus, you left out an important part. I'm just talking from my experience with the 5 Shades of __ collabs. If you want to be in a collab with poor quality submissions, go ahead. Be in some shitty collab that doesn't get front page and no one likes.

A collab is only as good as it's worst flash.

And no, collabs are not about the participating artists giving blunt criticism to each other, it is about creating a flash with different styles and working together.

Not solely.

And if you do give criticism, give it in a constructive way and not just by saying 'that needs more work, that doesnt cut it' or 'ew ew ew, that looks bad'. That doesnt help an artist one single bit

It seems not constructive because I already told him what he needs to improve on earlier. the ew part, that was because anyone could look at that picture (if I remember correctly), and it was just plain ugly. As if whoever drew it spent 15 seconds drawing it.

At 4/8/05 07:52 PM, Fierras wrote: Dude you don't need to render to show the hole thing, just take some screenshors, that takes you 2min max.

Screenshots of the guy's I was criticizing were fine. Screenshots don't show anything. You could have wonderful drawings but no animation. That's not good.

At 4/8/05 07:52 PM, kc_0045 wrote: What are you talking about? it takes full movies a while to render in 3d, but say your animation part is... 20secs, well if it took an hour to render(which is not very long at all) and its set at...24 fps

no, i said it was 2 secs

20*24=480 frames.
3600(one hour rendering time)/480=7.5 secs for each frame to render
thats rather slow

no it's not. Not only is my computer slow, but The average individual frame rendered by Pixar (on their superfast renderfarm using their superfast renderer "RenderMan") takes 6 hours to render. That's one frame. Six hours. The longest one EVER took was 90 hours for a single frame. On their superfast stuff. Do you even know 3d at all?

considering that walking aniamtion you show us doesnt have anything speical in it.

How many times do I have to say that I just had that walking animation lying around, it has nothing to do with my animation.

iv seen better rendering in doom3, which is realtime. soo i think you need to cut down your model alittle, or get a better computer

1: They use expensive renderers such as DirectX or OpenGL.
2: They use hardware rendering. I'm not going to use hardware rendering, and don't get me started on why (mostly because my graphics card isn't good enough)
3: I can't get a better computer, because I don't have the money. I can't get the money because my parents won't let me get a job because they think I'll fail school.

because that is a super slow rendering speed.(PS im not trying to flame or anything, i just think thats a little odd)

As I always say, EVERYONE underestimates the length of 3d rendering until they try it themselves.

At 4/8/05 08:09 PM, djamin wrote: Thanks AloneInTheDark for the backup.

backup? What did I do, assault you? Jesus christ man.

Ive decided, TwinsenDude, to remove you from the collab.

Roger Roger.

For many reasons. Firstly a walk cycle is not an example of what your line will be like and if it is then even more of a reason.

I told you, that walk cycle is not representative, it is just what I had lying around because you wanted to see what the 3d would look like.

Secondly all the other animators are sticking to 2d and I have decided to keep it that way.

Lol, it's not like it'd be THAT different... I wasn't like gonna have the camera angle rotate or anything...

Thirdly you keep saying your gonna show a proper example and you still haven't.

I told you, I can't take the time to render it. It slows down my computer mad crazy and takes a long time. I'd rather be doing other things. Besides, the deadline isn't till the end of the month. You're really impatient.

Fourthly to be honest I do not like your attitude which I have observed from your posts.

Gimme a break. Other people bring out the worst in me.
Everyone defends themselves, and AloneInTheDark was attacking me. I try to be a nice guy, but it doesn't always work out.

Besides, you don't know me. If you did, you'd know that I'm a completely different person online and offline. Online, I tend to get more aggressive because I don't see the people face to face and in my mind they end up being annoying people trashtalking while sitting around their computer all day.

This collab is about bringing newground artists together to support one another in order to create one fine piece of work and I do not think your contributions to this collab have been anything but negative so far.

What do you expect when I was textually assaulted?

Thankyou,
Amin

Thanks for what? Being kicked out, having all the work I've done so far for nothing including the work I did on line 17 before you told me you were just going to give it away to someone else?

Yeah that was a pisser too. I had a bad attitude from the beginning when I called a line and you afterwards gave it away to someone else.

It's really hard to believe you're 16.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 21:07:46

oh,sorry djamin i emailed them to you i couldnt fit it in the bbs because of file size, its just an example ill use a different character for the collab

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 21:16:53

At 4/8/05 08:54 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:
At 4/8/05 07:28 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:
At 4/8/05 07:52 PM, kc_0045 wrote: What are you talking about? it takes full movies a while to render in 3d, but say your animation part is... 20secs, well if it took an hour to render(which is not very long at all) and its set at...24 fps
no, i said it was 2 secs

20*24=480 frames.
3600(one hour rendering time)/480=7.5 secs for each frame to render
thats rather slow
no it's not. Not only is my computer slow, but The average individual frame rendered by Pixar (on their superfast renderfarm using their superfast renderer "RenderMan") takes 6 hours to render. That's one frame. Six hours. The longest one EVER took was 90 hours for a single frame. On their superfast stuff. Do you even know 3d at all?
iv seen better rendering in doom3, which is realtime. soo i think you need to cut down your model alittle, or get a better computer

1: They use expensive renderers such as DirectX or OpenGL.
2: They use hardware rendering. I'm not going to use hardware rendering, and don't get me started on why (mostly because my graphics card isn't good enough)
3: I can't get a better computer, because I don't have the money. I can't get the money because my parents won't let me get a job because they think I'll fail school.

As I always say, EVERYONE underestimates the length of 3d rendering until they try it themselves.

ok, i dont wanna start a flame war, so this well be my last post on the matter.
"takes 6 hours to render. That's one frame"
ya, thats ture. but thats a full moive, like finding nemo. not a like 2 sec short animator. and i have done lots of animator with 3dsmax7(here are SOME of my older things http://shadow66.deviantart.com/ ).
Oh, and you said " They use expensive renderers such as DirectX or OpenGL."
Directx is FREE to use. So is OpenGL(opengl is open source code 2, hence the name)
sooo, if your animations are at par with Pixar, then the rendering time would be about that. but i dont think you would be that good of an animator.

Buttt thats all i have to say. if you post a reply you well just be wasting your time, as i well not be reading it.

Good luck with your collad, cant wait to see it. ill be voting 5 i know that :P

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 21:31:28

so djamin, im i in? if i am where do i get the song?...or do i just animate the words i need to do? since im replacing theisman do i get line 29?

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 21:45:23

At 4/8/05 09:16 PM, kc_0045 wrote: ya, thats ture. but thats a full moive, like finding nemo. not a like 2 sec short animator.

if you do 3d, you should know that length has nothing to do with a single frame.

but i dont think you would be that good of an animator.

you don't even know me. You've never seen my best stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 23:11:07

At 4/8/05 07:08 PM, Fierras wrote: Can I see what you made? because mine is 12 seconds long and 500k.b I really don't understand how it's possible

shure...here is the link...

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 23:14:22

wow that was alot of work im finally done with my part

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 23:15:19

At 4/8/05 11:11 PM, -Mj wrote:
At 4/8/05 07:08 PM, Fierras wrote: Can I see what you made? because mine is 12 seconds long and 500k.b I really don't understand how it's possible
shure...here is the link...

opps, i accidentally pressed enter ^_^;

http://photobucket.com/albums/...;slideshow=true&interval=9

sorry, but not quite shure how to
link it properly. the first part is
based on my line...which ever
one that is and the second on
the ending sequence. i have no
audio to go along with it because
im lazy :P

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 23:17:52

At 4/8/05 11:14 PM, mred1234 wrote: wow that was alot of work im finally done with my part

congrats :)

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 23:19:28

wow, it seems i missed a lot this day when i was off

sorry to see that ure out twinsen =/, but...what do u mean a shitty collab? ure meaning all of us are mere crap or sumthin >_>? if so...i shall not give u pie

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 23:32:08

i sent it to djamin but...how can i be sure..that it didn't get...LOST

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-08 23:41:04

At 4/8/05 08:54 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:
At 4/8/05 07:28 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: You are basically deciding wether people are in or not by saying 'It needs more. I'm sorry, that just doesn't cut it for the expectations Amin has for this collab'.... I mean wtf, who are you anyway? If you want to tell people that, start your own collab and tell it to the people who joined.
No, I'm telling him he should work on it. Plus, you left out an important part. I'm just talking from my experience with the 5 Shades of __ collabs. If you want to be in a collab with poor quality submissions, go ahead. Be in some shitty collab that doesn't get front page and no one likes.

A collab is only as good as it's worst flash.

God, are you always people searching for that?
'I WANT FRONT PAGE AND AN AWARD' quit whining bitch, just be happy because you created something, a text that is added to your profile doesn't proof anything, just be glad to at least have good reviews, that means your flash is good, you don't need a fucking award or front page.

Meh.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 00:18:05

At 4/8/05 11:19 PM, xionic_demon wrote: wow, it seems i missed a lot this day when i was off

sorry to see that ure out twinsen =/, but...what do u mean a shitty collab? ure meaning all of us are mere crap or sumthin >_>? if so...i shall not give u pie

of course not. It was strictly hypothetical.

At 4/8/05 11:41 PM, Jack-skellington wrote: God, are you always people searching for that?
'I WANT FRONT PAGE AND AN AWARD' quit whining bitch, just be happy because you created something, a text that is added to your profile doesn't proof anything, just be glad to at least have good reviews, that means your flash is good, you don't need a fucking award or front page.

it's publicity. you can't deny you like publicity, it's the only thing that gets you known. To be known by people by good work is a good thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 00:23:03

I still can't figure out aim Twinsen.... gosh i feel retarded, i added you and my buddy list is still plain...

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 04:34:40

Hey, I've known about this collab for a while, but never was really that interested. But I just watched One Love for the heck of it, and that thing skips like hell. I seriously hope that you use the originial song in its entirety for the completed product. Because all of that skipping made it to where I just couldn't enjoy the movie.

If you don't want to or don't know how to make that all flow well then I'm more than happy to fix it up for you.

Oh, and if someone drops out I'm up for being a back up.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 05:39:52

Hey Seizure_Dog you wanna do line 29, we have an opening. Also yer Ive been trying to synch the lines with the music streamed but when published it really comes out very differently so I wouldnt mind some help with that, im usually quite good at that stuff.

thanks,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 08:25:49

I just read that huge argument between Twinsen and.. half the other people in this collab (exaggeration), and to think... it was all caused by me... I'm so proud... Oh, by the way, I'm nearly done, I just have to re-draw some of the teeth that I wasn't pleased with, and I'll send you the .fla.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 09:56:56

At 4/8/05 11:14 PM, mred1234 wrote: wow that was alot of work im finally done with my part

Ok this is a note to everyone. Mred1234 put a lot of effort in and completed line 24 sent me the SWF and FLA. But I never assigned him to the collab to do any lines? Mred1234 I do like your entry but you are not in for sure, I would really prefer for people in future to make sure they are on the list of lines lol.

Thanks,
Amin

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 11:57:10

At 4/9/05 09:56 AM, djamin wrote:
Ok this is a note to everyone. Mred1234 put a lot of effort in and completed line 24 sent me the SWF and FLA. But I never assigned him to the collab to do any lines? Mred1234 I do like your entry but you are not in for sure, I would really prefer for people in future to make sure they are on the list of lines lol.

Thanks,
Amin

Well at least you know he's eager :)

But I don't see how getting front page or a portal award for a collab will make you famous. Why would you get popular for doing 1/5 of a actual cartoon (or less)? That concept is just stupid to me.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 12:05:22

At 4/9/05 08:25 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: I just read that huge argument between Twinsen and.. half the other people in this collab (exaggeration), and to think... it was all caused by me... I'm so proud... Oh, by the way, I'm nearly done, I just have to re-draw some of the teeth that I wasn't pleased with, and I'll send you the .fla.

I don't want to start another hissy-fit (ppl here seem to be rather sensitive), but I couldn't let this post just slide. You've got to be somewhat of a dick to recieve any kind of delight in causing this sort of chasm between people. Seriously, dude watch what you say at least; I know I can't change what you may think.

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 12:24:12

agreed with you cid, i dunno how sum1 can be

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 12:24:55

At 4/9/05 12:05 PM, El-Cid wrote: I don't want to start another hissy-fit (ppl here seem to be rather sensitive), but I couldn't let this post just slide. You've got to be somewhat of a dick to recieve any kind of delight in causing this sort of chasm between people. Seriously, dude watch what you say at least; I know I can't change what you may think.

thank you.

Sadistic people scare me.

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 12:26:58

stupid enter key >_>, well as i was saying, i dunno how sum1 can be prideful (i think thats the word) of srtating a fight, both offline and online o_o

BBS Signature

Response to Stop Crying Your Heart out (collab) 2005-04-09 12:27:54

At 4/9/05 12:23 AM, Darx1000 wrote: I still can't figure out aim Twinsen.... gosh i feel retarded, i added you and my buddy list is still plain...

are you sure you added me? On buddies does it say 0/1 ? Go to buddy setup and add me there.

Also, I might just be offline. I'm online now, but away. I'm going for a bike ride with my family. See if you see me, though you won't be able to talk to me cause I'll be away.

BBS Signature