00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help with a Flash for my GF

9,470 Views | 228 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 14:09:02

Hey guys, I am doing a Flash to ask out a girl and I want it to be perfect, so if you have any feedback for it, ideas on things to add, it's almost done now for those of you who have been following my progress in the forums since yesterday.

The Flash is here.

http://whywaitwebs.net/upload/katie.html

Also, if someone could tell my why some stuff appears outside the natural square of the Flash, it'd be great. It's no big deal, I can just mask everything, but it's pretty annoying to animate layers that are masked, just cause it throws me off. Thanks!

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 14:25:14

Hey guys, if you could respond ASAP that'd be great, I want to give it to her today.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 14:26:06

That was decent. SHe might say yes. Make her shimmer and stuff then it would be really good and maybe add voices not text.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 14:28:41

At 3/26/05 02:26 PM, rootbeerfloat wrote: That was decent. SHe might say yes. Make her shimmer and stuff then it would be really good and maybe add voices not text.

maybe a voice and text would be good...thanks, I've gotten that twice. But what do you mean by make her shimmer? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 15:00:50

That would creep me the frick out.

But hey, if you think it will work, might as well try eh?

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 15:17:16

By shimmer like try adding a lense flare need more help IM me on AIM

thegodfather1466

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 15:33:45

At 3/26/05 03:00 PM, MacRobert wrote: That would creep me the frick out.

But hey, if you think it will work, might as well try eh?

Indeed.

And I aimed you, other person who's name I don't remember and am too lazy to press the back button to find out.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 15:36:20

It's one of those jump out and scream at you flashes, isn't it -_- ?

BBS Signature

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 15:37:08

Stuff appears outside the box because it's just the site, it doesn't have a border for it.

It was pretty smooth =D

Good luck

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 15:40:59

Uhuhuhh...
Someone get me a tissue. *sniff*

Uhuhuhhh...

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 16:00:09

At 3/26/05 03:36 PM, PhoenixJ wrote: It's one of those jump out and scream at you flashes, isn't it -_- ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! No I hate those...this is really for my (wannabe) GF

At 3/26/05 03:37 PM, -snare- wrote: Stuff appears outside the box because it's just the site, it doesn't have a border for it.

It was pretty smooth =D

Good luck

Thanks :) And what about the border, I don't understannd lol

At 3/26/05 03:40 PM, BLUEleaf wrote: Uhuhuhh...
Someone get me a tissue. *sniff*

Uhuhuhhh...

:) Well I'm glad it's so effective...I guess...lol

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 17:40:23

Haha, that seems a little too sappy for my liking. It also seems like you are laying it on a little too thick so I agree with MacRobert, I would avoid you at all costs had that been directed at me (and I was female...). But I don't know the girl so I don't know what her reactions would be like.

Good Luck with it, if you already haven't shown her.

BBS Signature

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 17:42:46

I say that you shouldn't do it this way, but its unique, and I know that you're gonna send it to her anyway. So If it's not too late, I just want to suggest that you don't cram the word "please" in her face at the near end of the flash, you want to keep your visible desperation to a minimum, so either keep it small or don't say please at all (DEMAND IT DAMNIT!, J/k). That's my suggestion, otherwise, it's a pretty decent flash, just don't submit it to the portal XD.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 17:51:52

The Flash itself is okay. If you ask me, I'd get rid of some of the drawings and keep it to text... it gives it more of a professional... romantic[?] feeling. I don't really know about the movie itself, if I was a girl, it would freak me out. You should just talk to her, and pretend like you care about what she has to say...

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 18:05:44

Its a good post I think though, That it takes a long time to get the message across and she will only be confused till at least a third of teh way through.

It is very sweet :D
The only advice I could give on this is, like the comment above, lose a few of the drawings, or shorten it so it gets to the point quicker.

hope this helped, Good luck I hope you are very happy.

BBS Signature

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 18:24:21

Have you actually talked with this girl, are you actually friends with her? If I was a girl and I didn't know you I would laugh in your face.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 21:29:50

At 3/26/05 05:40 PM, Ssilver7 wrote: Haha, that seems a little too sappy for my liking. It also seems like you are laying it on a little too thick so I agree with MacRobert, I would avoid you at all costs had that been directed at me (and I was female...). But I don't know the girl so I don't know what her reactions would be like.

Good Luck with it, if you already haven't shown her.

Yea, I know her okay, she will like it.

At 3/26/05 05:42 PM, ShadowInsignia wrote: I say that you shouldn't do it this way, but its unique, and I know that you're gonna send it to her anyway. So If it's not too late, I just want to suggest that you don't cram the word "please" in her face at the near end of the flash, you want to keep your visible desperation to a minimum, so either keep it small or don't say please at all (DEMAND IT DAMNIT!, J/k). That's my suggestion, otherwise, it's a pretty decent flash, just don't submit it to the portal XD.

Why shouldn't I submit to portal? Lol jk...yea that's a good idea thanks, I'll take that out even though she already knows I'm very desperate lol

At 3/26/05 05:51 PM, TCStyle wrote: The Flash itself is okay. If you ask me, I'd get rid of some of the drawings and keep it to text... it gives it more of a professional... romantic[?] feeling. I don't really know about the movie itself, if I was a girl, it would freak me out. You should just talk to her, and pretend like you care about what she has to say...

Well, most people want more pictures and less text, so I don't think I'll take pictures out. Thanks though...and I have talked to her I talk to her a lot, I know her pretty well and sh e's very sensitive, she'll like it. And by the way, I DO care what she has to say.

At 3/26/05 06:05 PM, Myridon wrote: Its a good post I think though, That it takes a long time to get the message across and she will only be confused till at least a third of teh way through.

It is very sweet :D
The only advice I could give on this is, like the comment above, lose a few of the drawings, or shorten it so it gets to the point quicker.

hope this helped, Good luck I hope you are very happy.

Thanks, didn't totally understand that first bit but I think it was a compliment, lol! But you two are the first ones to complain about too many pics.

At 3/26/05 06:24 PM, joshuaost wrote: Have you actually talked with this girl, are you actually friends with her? If I was a girl and I didn't know you I would laugh in your face.

Yea I talk with her and we're friends. Most everyone has been saying this, but there's a reason you AREN'T a girl. Lol

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 21:43:14

OMG dude thats fuckin screwed up are u realy that desperate u aint doin yaself any favours u look like a fat umpalumpa yeah i understand ure tryin to express how u fell but that is the wrong way its was actualy FUNNY Thx i needed a laugh!

BBS Signature

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-26 21:48:19

You have put too alot of thought into this, you have good animating skills, but if i was a girl and somone gave me that i would think, STALKER!!
Dude, its not hard, JUST ASK HER, if she like you she will say yes, if not, bad luck, and wait for someone else you have feeling for.
Na, sorry, that flash is WAY to neurotic...

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:06:32

Hey guys new version is posted. Critique? http://whywaitwebs.net/upload/katie.html

At 3/26/05 09:43 PM, Darkaxl wrote: OMG dude thats fuckin screwed up are u realy that desperate u aint doin yaself any favours u look like a fat umpalumpa yeah i understand ure tryin to express how u fell but that is the wrong way its was actualy FUNNY Thx i needed a laugh!

Any time.

At 3/26/05 09:48 PM, Scoll wrote: You have put too alot of thought into this, you have good animating skills, but if i was a girl and somone gave me that i would think, STALKER!!
Dude, its not hard, JUST ASK HER, if she like you she will say yes, if not, bad luck, and wait for someone else you have feeling for.
Na, sorry, that flash is WAY to neurotic...

Thanks...but I'm her friend, so she knows I'm no stalker. And I did ask her. She was already dating someone...then she stopped dating him. So I'm asking her once more. Also, she's a pretty deep being. She's really sweet and she digs sunsets and beautiful things like that, like I do. This is something she would like.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:13:42

It's like this, the flash goes like a layer on top of the website, it's not like theres a square on top, so the stuff comes through.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:18:20

Improve the pic of u a bit, but if it suits you go for it. Add a guy (you) staring into space and wishing for a GF on a balcony. It would make a nice touch but, hey, its ur thing. I have had like 3 GF on/off, never thought of maybe getting a new one to keep, i dont wanna sound like a dictator or something of girls, its just i always liked the girls and they decided to leave me, but the whole idea of a movie for the girl sounds nice. I just tought one of my GF's to do flash...GOOD LUCK MAN I'm rooting 4 ya!

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:23:30

...man so i guess my previous suggestion is kinda in the S*** box huh well if you keep the drawing make her nose smaller could really piss her off that you gave her a semi big nose

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:24:27

At 3/27/05 12:13 AM, -snare- wrote: It's like this, the flash goes like a layer on top of the website, it's not like theres a square on top, so the stuff comes through.

I see....well I've never seen this before but I guess I'll just mask all my stuff off.

At 3/27/05 12:18 AM, deltaforce1234 wrote: Improve the pic of u a bit, but if it suits you go for it. Add a guy (you) staring into space and wishing for a GF on a balcony. It would make a nice touch but, hey, its ur thing. I have had like 3 GF on/off, never thought of maybe getting a new one to keep, i dont wanna sound like a dictator or something of girls, its just i always liked the girls and they decided to leave me, but the whole idea of a movie for the girl sounds nice. I just tought one of my GF's to do flash...GOOD LUCK MAN I'm rooting 4 ya!

Yea I got to fix my pic. Geez dude I suck at drawing myself...I can't get the same effect like I did with Katie's pic. and I can't really do bodies at all, or I would take the balcony suggestion. Thanks though. =D

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:25:35

At 3/27/05 12:23 AM, 13LeafClover wrote: ...man so i guess my previous suggestion is kinda in the S*** box huh well if you keep the drawing make her nose smaller could really piss her off that you gave her a semi big nose

What was your previous suggestion? Sorry I forgot...She has a big nose though in real life lol but that's ok it's hawt.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:25:47

oh and also i wouldnt mention the fact that you asked for help on it just i n case man

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 00:40:20

At 3/27/05 12:25 AM, 13LeafClover wrote: oh and also i wouldnt mention the fact that you asked for help on it just i n case man

Lol, wasn't planning on it...not really an important fact.

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 01:00:43

yeah man you the Fing jenious you can figure that out

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 02:20:29

....uhh.... for the animation.... Which one out of the two people is the girl? First person looks like a guy, and the second one also looks like a guy…. Wait a second… are you not telling us something here…. :)

Response to Help with a Flash for my GF 2005-03-27 02:39:48

At 3/27/05 02:20 AM, MrRombie wrote: ....uhh.... for the animation.... Which one out of the two people is the girl? First person looks like a guy, and the second one also looks like a guy…. Wait a second… are you not telling us something here…. :)

lol, omg, i thought the same, but they are good pics, at least Katie's is, obviously, you do like her because her pic is a lot better then yours, just fix your face and the whole thing will be good, so don't worry about it that much, good luck and definatly change your face, (just a tip, or thought, when your pic is alone, make it look sad, but when her face is there make a smile on your face, and don't forget about shading, good luck man)