00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

133,417 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 15:25:25

Even though I wasn't really around during the last months of the site (which is nearly one year and a half), I kinda feel sorry and sad and I want to kill myself. Kidding.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 15:30:49

At 5/6/07 08:43 AM, Marsupial wrote: Damn, I had just gathered some stuff to submit aswell. I'm sorry to see such a great site shut down.
No angry face, just sadness. :(

I used to go to Retrogade. It was almost the same thing as Newgrounds. The only differences was the Art Portal, the Forums, and a couple of other things.

I wonder why it shut down. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 15:39:06

At 5/6/07 03:30 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 5/6/07 08:43 AM, Marsupial wrote: Damn, I had just gathered some stuff to submit aswell. I'm sorry to see such a great site shut down.
No angry face, just sadness. :(
I used to go to Retrogade. It was almost the same thing as Newgrounds. The only differences was the Art Portal, the Forums, and a couple of other things.

I wonder why it shut down. :/

Retrace a couple of pages back.

Also did you draw you pro pic? It's very good.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 15:46:37

At 5/6/07 03:39 PM, Marsupial wrote: Retrace a couple of pages back.

Will do.

Actually, I didn't draw my Profile Pic. I got the Pic off Google by typing in Super Saiyan 5 and it showed a whole bunch of DBZ pics. When I saw Super Saiyan 5 Gohan, I had an idea. I edited the picture to make it look better and it worked out beautifully. Here's the original Pic:

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 15:47:37

At 5/6/07 03:46 PM, Seamonky wrote:

I see, I see. Do you draw at all?

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 15:52:43

At 5/6/07 03:47 PM, Marsupial wrote:
I see, I see. Do you draw at all?

I can draw, but not with this crappy mouse. If you mean paper and pen, then yeah, I do have a little experience with drawing. It seems like I've gotten way better with flash drawing. I just have to use the line tool more often because of this shitty mouse. If you have more questions, PM me. This really isn't the place. :/

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 16:21:28

At 5/6/07 03:39 PM, Marsupial wrote: Retrace a couple of pages back.
Will do.
Actually, I didn't draw my Profile Pic. I got the Pic off Google by typing in Super Saiyan 5 and it showed a whole bunch of DBZ pics. When I saw Super Saiyan 5 Gohan, I had an idea. I edited the picture to make it look better and it worked out beautifully. Here's the original Pic:

Lmfao, what the Hell?
Are you guys serious?

Your profile pic sucks.
You didn't edit it at all!
All you did was fuckin... make the white background and his eyes black. It looks like shit :o

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 16:28:48

At 5/6/07 04:21 PM, MadCow wrote: Your profile pic sucks.

Hey, I'm not the best at editing pics on the internet. Changing things on pics, inserting things and deleting things, and other stuff means editing. :/

All you did was fuckin... make the white background and his eyes black. It looks like shit :o

Why are you hating? It's not your profile pic so you shouldn't be complaining. :/

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 16:32:43

At 5/6/07 04:28 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 5/6/07 04:21 PM, MadCow wrote: Your profile pic sucks.
Hey, I'm not the best at editing pics on the internet. Changing things on pics, inserting things and deleting things, and other stuff means editing. :/

ohok

Why are you hating? It's not your profile pic so you shouldn't be complaining. :/

Because it's like you guys are discussing some masterpiece you made in photoshop or something. When really it's a poorly edited DBZ picture you made in MS Paint :[

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 16:37:29

At 5/6/07 04:32 PM, MadCow wrote: Because it's like you guys are discussing some masterpiece you made in photoshop or something. When really it's a poorly edited DBZ picture you made in MS Paint :[

It's not a masterpiece at all. He just wanted to know how I edited and found the Pic. I wish I had photoshop but I'm too poor to afford it. Well, it's my poor edited DBZ Pic and I like it. :)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-06 21:23:06

Rough, SK. Rough. I didn't think it would ultimately come down to this, but us veteran users remember bad times where RG almost looked like it was going to shut down. I hope you get your lifestyle together SK, which is a way more important factor right now. RG was really the only active site my username beared, and I always told Quisty that if RG closed I would technically disappear from the internet from time to time. I remember the fun times we all had at the RG forums, with Chromius, EK, Eldarion, SDG, Charlotte, Quik, Q, Pure and others. I hope I can still chat with you guys from that community (of the people still available) when I have the time, but don't pray on it, as I have to get my life together as well. And no, this post isn't filled with "e-drama". Also, I wish there was a way I could extract all the files I uploaded and posts I wrote from the database, as they are good memories, after all.

Overall, it's been awesome.

HTML I may use: bold italic underline

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 01:31:38

At 5/6/07 01:19 AM, QuikFox wrote: Why don't some of us look for a programmer on DeviantART or someplace similar to see if we can't get another Head Programmer? I could help out with some of the code, as could Charlotte, but we'd still need someone with quite a bit more knowledge about it then us alone.

Ding ding ding ding.

That's the spirit.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 02:38:19

At 5/6/07 04:37 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 5/6/07 04:32 PM, MadCow wrote: Because it's like you guys are discussing some masterpiece you made in photoshop or something. When really it's a poorly edited DBZ picture you made in MS Paint :[
It's not a masterpiece at all. He just wanted to know how I edited and found the Pic. I wish I had photoshop but I'm too poor to afford it. Well, it's my poor edited DBZ Pic and I like it. :)

Keep the spirit alive boys.

Kind of ironic in a way, to see Retrogade go down like this. A little whisper told me that this isn't the end.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 08:54:12

bye bye RG ill miss you :'(

Even though it was really just a lot of 1's and 0's i really miss RG, i miss the people, i miss the e-drama i miss the constant battles to keep it going... looksl iek we lost

it would be nice if RG is picked up by some1 else if not i might have to stay posting on NG *shudder*

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 13:01:50

Don't say I didn't tell you so, PLH.
:p

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 13:50:25

At 5/7/07 08:54 AM, MTspace wrote: it would be nice if RG is picked up by some1 else if not i might have to stay posting on NG *shudder*

-It's sad to see Retrogade go bye-bye. I liked that site because they had a picture portal and decent forums. Some of the pic's that I saw there was absolutly amazing, especially the outer space ones.
-What's wrong with posting on Newgrounds? :/

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 19:20:32

At 5/7/07 01:50 PM, Seamonky wrote: -What's wrong with posting on Newgrounds? :/

DEAR GOD.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 22:55:29

At 5/6/07 04:37 PM, Seamonky wrote:

lmaolol you guyS are being sucH FUCKING FAGGOTS NOW

I wondered why RG went down and saw that GoDaddy shit up. One less site to worry about stats on. B)

Also, my signature and profile pictyures are better because I said so and flakdsjl who gives a fuck sheesh.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-07 23:36:44

At 5/7/07 07:20 PM, QuikFox wrote:
At 5/7/07 01:50 PM, Seamonky wrote: -What's wrong with posting on Newgrounds? :/
DEAR GOD.

Funny on more than one level.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-09 04:51:38

I've got soem articles that I want also so when you put an archive up, can you do it for the articles also?

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-09 21:02:47

At 5/7/07 01:01 PM, Chromius wrote: Don't say I didn't tell you so, PLH.
p

I wanna cry into SDG's chest now.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-11 01:19:06

At 5/9/07 09:02 PM, PureLionHeart wrote:
p

5 weeks, 2 days, and still counting...

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-11 10:13:39

p

i miss her, i havent seen her in almost a year now

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-11 12:29:47

:o

I I I I'm I Uh...

Flabbergasted.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-14 01:21:33

At 5/11/07 12:29 PM, kreten wrote:
o
I I I I'm I Uh...

Flabbergasted.

Yep.

:::keeps going to rg.com every night when he's depositing on NG... just out of habit:::

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-15 12:51:11

At 5/11/07 10:13 AM, Strauss wrote:
p
i miss her, i havent seen her in almost a year now

Thats cos shes in my freezer.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-15 14:32:20

-Got a question. Is there a possible chance that Retrogade will actually come back?
-Seems like Zellomesh is a second Retrogade, or Newgrounds. :/

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-15 15:41:34

At 5/15/07 02:32 PM, Seamonky wrote: -Got a question. Is there a possible chance that Retrogade will actually come back?

Yes, SK still has the source code and whatnot so if anyone that he deems suitable asks for it, he will let them resurrect RG.

Zellomesh????

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-17 13:08:22

At 5/15/07 03:41 PM, Solidone wrote:
Zellomesh????

Biggest pile of shit ever.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2007-05-17 13:27:31

At 5/17/07 01:08 PM, QuikFox wrote:
At 5/15/07 03:41 PM, Solidone wrote:
Zellomesh????
Biggest pile of shit ever.

Why? Whats so bad about it? I'll have to check it out anyway, just to see.

BBS Signature