00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

133,383 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-18 19:09:46

Yup, bandwidth leak fixed. The last time that stupid directory listing was pulled was May 15 (right after I plugged the leak), so it shouldn't happen again.

At 5/18/05 07:06 PM, BazookaNinja wrote: Cant you just like block all images (except for portal entries) for the rest of the month?

Now that's an idea. If the bandwidth usage gets up to 90% or 95%, I'll look into blocking images.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-18 19:17:34

AAAH, wtf!

Im getting the lethal 404 error in all of RG now! why am I the only one getting this? :/

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-18 20:22:06

Thank god Retrogade's back to normal...for a moment there I thought "Fuck I'm going to have to vote all over again?" At least now I'm right up to date. Sucks about the ads not generating $$$ anymore...I click on a few every now and then. Bleh.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-18 21:44:57

At 5/18/05 07:17 PM, BazookaNinja wrote: AAAH, wtf!

Im getting the lethal 404 error in all of RG now! why am I the only one getting this? :/

your not, you just have to wait it out. next time read a little before you post maybe, huh?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-19 05:29:25

Just an idea if another source of revenue is discovered in the form of ads etc, then maybe to encourage people to click on them then you could offer a stat in the profile, or maybe get experience for each time you click the ad's. just an idea really *waits to have it shot down*

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-19 06:30:32

At 5/19/05 05:29 AM, -Charon- wrote: or maybe get experience for each time you click the ad's. just an idea really *waits to have it shot down*

i can already see how dafreak becomes level 9 again.
no thank you.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-19 06:42:38

At 5/18/05 06:22 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Oh crap.

"Dear Publisher,

"We regret to inform you that your Fastclick account for retrograde.com has been removed from our network due to poor performance. We regret having to do this, but we must evaluate our network from time to time in order to continue to pay our publishers a 65% revenue share. You will be paid for all revenue earned to date.

Poor performance my ass, tell that to our servers!

Crap crap crap. There goes the primary source of income. Very uncool.

Yeah i'd say, "Double-U, Tee, F?"

At 5/18/05 07:01 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: To pile on more bad news: bandwidth problems. From the graphs, it looks like I've nailed the excessive bandwidth consumption problem. BUT, it still looks like we might run out this month. We're currently at 86% usage. I predict a week of downtime at the end of this month. I've fixed the problem, though, so next month we shouldn't have this same situation.

Thats some rough situations right there, hopefully it won't result to that, but I guess we don't really have any choice...

At 5/19/05 06:30 AM, Incisor wrote:
At 5/19/05 05:29 AM, -Charon- wrote: or maybe get experience for each time you click the ad's. just an idea really *waits to have it shot down*

Not bad idea

i can already see how dafreak becomes level 9 again.
no thank you.

But i'd have to agree with incisor

Maybe just RG cash could be at hand here?
Or like B. Ninja was saying, better plat. qualities...
but then again, that could hit off more bandwith problems so we'd be going around in circles

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-19 06:56:53

obviously it wouldnt be an unlimited amount of experience available you could say click 10 ads and get a total of 5 exp, that way if the ad gives $0.30 per click then a total of $3.00 per user would be collected. (im not fully "up on" how ad's all works so humour me if im not totally correct)

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-20 04:06:07

You know, if the RG servers didn't shit their pants that night I wouldn't have gotten banned for backseat modding in a way that I am still confused by. >: (

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-23 00:42:13

I submitted a drawing and it seems that a few voters assumed that it it was just a half assed effect/filter job. I added a link to the authors comments that shows that it definately isn't just a filter, unfortunately that was after 18 votes, do you think it would be worthwhile clearing the votes?

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-23 01:34:18

At 5/23/05 12:42 AM, AGH wrote: I submitted a drawing and it seems that a few voters assumed that it it was just a half assed effect/filter job. I added a link to the authors comments that shows that it definately isn't just a filter, unfortunately that was after 18 votes, do you think it would be worthwhile clearing the votes?

This?

If so, yes. If you drew that thing all by yourself, it should have like a 4 score IMO. :/

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-23 01:39:20

At 5/23/05 01:34 AM, BazookaNinja wrote: If so, yes. If you drew that thing all by yourself, it should have like a 4 score IMO. :/

Yeah, I did. I don't understand why, just now when I erased the votes the score was 2.94. Based on the score I got for the ones I did in Photoshop I hoped I'd get about a 3.5 or above. But maybe I'm way off with that. I mean, doesn't anyone read the author's comments? There's a pretty good explanation of how the drawing is put together... i wonder if anyone's even watched it.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-23 03:44:07

Incentives for clicking ads is a big huge no-no, actually. Most, if not all, ad services will terminate your account if they catch you doing that. Even if it's just "please click this ad so we can make money!", it's still bad.

Repost from Retrogade: "Images Not Working?"
There's a reason for it. The bandwidth usage has gotten to 97%, so I've disabled all images on retrogade.com. Submissions will still work, however, because they are hosted on progade.com. This is a last-ditch effort to keep Retrogade running for at least two or three extra days. Unfortunately, I have a feeling RG will go down before the month's end, and won't come back until June 1. When the site goes down, I'll post any news updates here.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-23 09:36:52

At 5/23/05 03:44 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: this is a last-ditch effort to keep Retrogade running for at least two or three extra days. Unfortunately, I have a feeling RG will go down before the month's end, and won't come back until June 1. When the site goes down, I'll post any news updates here.

damn, its like when the coastline is wating for the hurcane that theforcast foretold was heading their way, and all they can do is bunker down and hope it doesnt last very long.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 12:55:48

Repost from Retrogade: "BBS Shutdown"
We're still using too much bandwidth. I'm shutting down the BBS. I've been making some projections based on this bandwidth info from May 23:

retrogade.com: 313.42MB
bbs.retrogade.com: 245.89MB
photoshop.retrogade.com: 74.14MB
TOTAL USAGE TO DATE: 97760.28MB

If we keep using bandwidth at this rate, the site will shut down sometime on the 27th. But if I shut down the BBS, then the site will stay up until sometime on the 29th. Sorry guys, but I'm just trying to keep your depositing abilities intact. I'll be posting any future notices here until June 1st.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 12:58:27

At 5/24/05 12:55 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Repost from Retrogade: "BBS Shutdown"
We're still using too much bandwidth. I'm shutting down the BBS. I've been making some projections based on this bandwidth info from May 23:

Damn it!

TOTAL USAGE TO DATE: 97760.28MB

Shit, that sucks

If we keep using bandwidth at this rate, the site will shut down sometime on the 27th. But if I shut down the BBS, then the site will stay up until sometime on the 29th. Sorry guys, but I'm just trying to keep your depositing abilities intact. I'll be posting any future notices here until June 1st.

At least your thinking of the people lol
I'll definatly keep an eye out here for now

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 13:41:31

Thanks SK, getting my daily 10 is all im botherd about : )

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 14:22:23

At 5/24/05 01:41 PM, Tom_s00 wrote: Thanks SK, getting my daily 10 is all im botherd about : )

In a year you won't give a fuck, and realize there's this thing called a world out there. Trust me, I NEVER used to miss a deposit...NEVER.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 14:27:26

At 5/24/05 12:55 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: If we keep using bandwidth at this rate, the site will shut down sometime on the 27th. But if I shut down the BBS, then the site will stay up until sometime on the 29th. Sorry guys, but I'm just trying to keep your depositing abilities intact. I'll be posting any future notices here until June 1st.

With the BBS down, about the only things left to do on the site are vote and review, or check the top 50 lists. I'm sure some people will do just that, but I think most people will do their daily depositing, then leave, meaning they use far less bandwidth than if the site was fully functional, or even if it was like it was yesterday.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 14:51:01

At 5/24/05 02:22 PM, -Akula- wrote: In a year you won't give a fuck, and realize there's this thing called a world out there. Trust me, I NEVER used to miss a deposit...NEVER.

Im awear of what the world is and pw it's "out there", notice how im only really worried about depositing which only takes 2 minutes. Had i no life i would be crying about the BBS being down which im not.

At 5/24/05 02:32 PM, Zendra wrote: Wouldn't it be better to take whole RG down? I mean, the only thing we can do now is deposit and the Photoshop portal features.

Hey, somthings better than nothing right?

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 15:04:02

Bloody Hell. This really sucks. Oh well, at least we can still deposit, but it's still sucks.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 15:04:45

Aww i see...

Well hope it worksout for the better sooner or later...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 15:13:06

At 5/24/05 02:32 PM, Zendra wrote: So there isn't much to do for the loyal posters now, exept depositing.

that's the whole point of taking down the bbs, you know.

no bbs -> less activity -> site's still online -> users can deposit

those "loyal posters" will have to wait with their posting.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 16:09:57

At 5/24/05 12:55 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: If we keep using bandwidth at this rate, the site will shut down sometime on the 27th. But if I shut down the BBS, then the site will stay up until sometime on the 29th. Sorry guys, but I'm just trying to keep your depositing abilities intact. I'll be posting any future notices here until June 1st.

So, now you all HAVE to join my no-posting crusade! :D

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 16:27:31

At 5/24/05 03:13 PM, Incisor wrote: those "loyal posters" will have to wait with their posting.

I would say im somewhat of a loyal poster, and i dont mind at all as long as i can still deposit, depositing has always come first before anything els...

and if its for the good of the site then im all for it...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 17:19:33

I'm looking forward to QuikFox announcing the photoshop contest winners in here.

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 18:34:47

At 5/24/05 04:09 PM, BazookaNinja wrote: So, now you all HAVE to join my no-posting crusade! :D

This is all your doing, isn't it!? You planned this from the beginning! >:-(

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 18:36:03

At 5/24/05 05:19 PM, DaSadGuy wrote: I'm looking forward to QuikFox announcing the photoshop contest winners in here.

i pity you.

At 5/24/05 06:34 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: This is all your doing, isn't it!? You planned this from the beginning! >:-(

who cares, all that matters now is that we can't post. it makes me so happy.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 18:40:04

At 5/24/05 06:36 PM, Incisor wrote: who cares, all that matters now is that we can't post. it makes me so happy.

Well, if you had have asked nicely, I could have just banned everyone. Would've made things more interesting, too.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-05-24 19:13:03

At 5/24/05 02:32 PM, Zendra wrote: Wouldn't it be better to take whole RG down? I mean, the only thing we can do now is deposit and the Photoshop portal features.

Now I want to deposit ofcourse, but there isn't much else to do for the rest. ShittyKitty already took down the images and now the BBS. So there isn't much to do for the loyal posters now, exept depositing.

seems like so much extra effort to fight it. just let the site go down for a few days.
I dont care about DEPOSITING on retrogade for alot of reasons.

1) people used to get 20XP a day, so it is imposible for new users to catch old school users
2) Gliches in the login system kept several users off the site for months a year ago.
3) Times when Quickfox and a few other users got multiple deposits in a small window of time
4) site stats being rolled back from time to time.

I like the idea of levels and depositing, but it just doesnt mean much on RG, where it holds so much more signifigance on NG. A few days of no one being able to deposit is no big deal

BBS Signature