00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Punk Club

120,050 Views | 1,256 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Punk Club 2005-01-31 20:24:18

Dude, in my Experimental Music Club, I'm going to be putting a link to a page that will ahve a few songs to download. It may be of interest because I think I'll put some My Dog Popper up, an awesome band from Montreal (circa 1986). I never got to see them but I found them (label nonexistant) and they're amazing.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-01 12:31:03

At 1/31/05 08:01 PM, Mister_Twitch wrote: Hey, just checking, do you guys consider all that new pop-punk Punk Rock?

No. its boyband music. a norwegian tabloid read "the boyband busted split up for good" when they split up. only tabloid i read ^^
Like compare the Dead Kennedys or Black Flag (even though they only have one good song) to NOFX, there isn't much similarity.
i dunno wich of these bands you mean only have one good song... i can assure you, they have more than one good song. i can count at least 2 good albums, just by looking at my collection...

Another thing is all those bands that hop on the punk wagon because they've got a guitar and some cheey lyrics. Punk is most often regarded as music for retards when a lot of DK's lyrics are quite clever.

whats wrong with people???
there is different ways of living your fucking life!
how fucking boring would it be if every single band would sound the same?? people write different songs(most do). great lyrics, or totally sense-less lyrics. deal with it.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-01 12:40:08

Dude, Black Flag have really bad recordings, Rise Above is one of the only good ones (fuck that song is amazing), live on the other hand, they were killer and the energy he has is incredible. For DK, they're amazing right up until they went cheesy rockabilly. Jello lost his flair.

All I was saying was that you can't juts call yourself punk rock andymore if you're an experimentla band. There's so many different genres now that are so misleading and many artists are left to guess what type of music they play.
It's the listeners that get fucke din the end when they end up with Alexis On Fire classified under hardcore punk.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-01 12:57:41

At 2/1/05 12:40 PM, Mister_Twitch wrote: Dude, Black Flag have really bad recordings, Rise Above is one of the only good ones (fuck that song is amazing), live on the other hand, they were killer and the energy he has is incredible. For DK, they're amazing right up until they went cheesy rockabilly. Jello lost his flair.

Jello quit dk. he never lost it.

All I was saying was that you can't juts call yourself punk rock andymore if you're an experimentla band

Punk started out as a experimental of Rock...
then the "clashic" punk came, and sex pistols started in england, and anarcho punk was born.
this supertotalkillkillkillagressoelaggressive punk you americans embrace of all your heart came in the 90's, and all music is mainly an experimental of other kinds of music.
Sex pistols is an experimental band of the clash, and if you think of the word "experimental" you would see its a form of "Experiment", wich is not a genre in music, but to try something out.
so you can shut your "experimental" up your ass, and get some friends.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-01 13:19:43

todays band is just copying the past music that has been. all new music sux.

well then just give up on new music then and live in the past. If everyone had your mentality then the beatles, elvis, Zeppelin, Sabbath and a thousand other greats that basically rehashed old stuff would be nobodies. There are very few bands that do anything truely original these days so if you just think all new stuff sucks then I feel bad for ya. Throw in the towel buddy...

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-02 08:25:58

name one band that is as good as the clash, velvet underground, Crass..
One!

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-02 11:29:08

At 2/1/05 12:57 PM, BozoHimself wrote:
At 2/1/05 12:40 PM, Mister_Twitch wrote: Dude, Black Flag have really bad recordings, Rise Above is one of the only good ones (fuck that song is amazing), live on the other hand, they were killer and the energy he has is incredible. For DK, they're amazing right up until they went cheesy rockabilly. Jello lost his flair.
Jello quit dk. he never lost it.

Yeah, and then he did some shit with mojo Nixona nd a bunch of spoken word stuff on his label Alternative Tentacles. Don't test me with the DK.

All I was saying was that you can't juts call yourself punk rock andymore if you're an experimentla band
Punk started out as a experimental of Rock...
then the "clashic" punk came, and sex pistols started in england, and anarcho punk was born.
this supertotalkillkillkillagressoelaggressive punk you americans embrace of all your heart came in the 90's, and all music is mainly an experimental of other kinds of music.
Sex pistols is an experimental band of the clash, and if you think of the word "experimental" you would see its a form of "Experiment", wich is not a genre in music, but to try something out.
so you can shut your "experimental" up your ass, and get some friends.

And by the way, the Sex Pistols were a boy band, so all you dumb shits that think they were so glorious, the only thing about them that wasn' formulated was their image. I don't listen to that new shit either, but FYI, DK ended late 80's.

Sex Pistols were not "experimental of the Clash", they were just the first commercial punk rock band. Experimental is an extension of a genre, but at one point it becomes a different style of music, like for a while when "hardcore" was considered punk rock (even though hardcore is an adjective, fucking screamo kids).

I am not your enemy.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-02 13:09:09

Foetus?

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-02 13:25:41

Fuck, Alan Vega is god, Elvis Costello (only certain stuff), Primus (not punk), Adam and the Ants, Psychic TV, the Slits (even though they weren't written by them)... actually, now that i think about it, no one was quite as wordly as the Clash and not much of the other stuff mentioned still gets the recognition. Nonetheless, the other bands mentioned are amazing.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-02 13:38:01

Yeah, i saw them live and i jizzed all over my jeans.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-02 15:56:24

hey has anybody heard of the buzzcocks? theyre pretty good , a great song by them is boredom.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-04 03:58:25

At 2/2/05 01:11 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Some more:

The Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie (although an artist, not a band), Suicide, Electric Eels.

none of those are punk.

At 2/2/05 01:31 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Well, although Primus aren't Punk, they are Alternative, which is related to Punk.

i dunno what kinda punk you listen to, but because primus is marked "alternative" doesn't it make it related to punk.
now you are just as stupid as the guy with the experimental club.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-04 15:46:28

At 2/2/05 08:25 AM, BozoHimself wrote: name one band that is as good as the clash, velvet underground, Crass..
One!

dead kennedys

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-04 16:13:35

god damn! its like watching a pnig pong match in here. People just bring up what bands they happen to like and call it the greatest punk band ever. Look most the ones listed are great...who gives a shit what you think the best is. The Beatles were awesome and the Stones were awesome...does it matter who is 'better?' The Clash, Dead Kennedys, Misfits, Ramones...they were all good. Its impossible to label 'the best' so lets talk about whats badass about them all.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-04 16:19:53

At 2/4/05 03:58 AM, BozoHimself wrote:
none of those are punk.
i dunno what kinda punk you listen to, but because primus is marked "alternative" doesn't it make it related to punk.
now you are just as stupid as the guy with the experimental club.

Hey dumb ass, Alan Vega is one of the kinds of Rockabilly, therefore Suicide can be considered Punk rock, juust because you've heard two songs doesn't make you god.

Fast cars by the Buzzcocks is pretty damn good, my favorite song though is most likely Bleed For by DK. I play it religiously on my radio show every friday morning.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-04 18:15:54

i dont think that anyone has ever claimed that a certain band was the greatest here?

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-05 12:35:23

At 2/4/05 04:13 PM, Acosta wrote: god damn! its like watching a pnig pong match in here. People just bring up what bands they happen to like and call it the greatest punk band ever.

no they don't... i'm the only one.
:Look most the ones listed are great...who gives a shit what you think the best is.
I do.

:Its impossible to label 'the best' so lets talk about whats badass about them all.

lets no talk about that.
words like "badass" and "bitchin" sucks.
have you ever tought of what "badass" actually means?
Bad Ass, an bad ass. how can you define a bands "bad ass"?
now "bad ass" is not a adjective, wich means its not a describing word, alas, it can't describe a band, wich ends in a band can't be bad ass.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-06 12:45:43

i think you're missing the point of music then if you're just concerned with who's the best or in making stupid lists and what not. Me I just enjoy to listen to it...I don't need all this BS of 'best' and what not. Music is music...it's either good or not.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-06 13:46:09

no band is "best" bands is "better".
since lists and stuff is stupid, why can't you tell me what bad ass your favourite bands has.
or is that listing?

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-06 15:48:06

well right now I'm really into the Hunches. They're one of the loudest bands Ive ever had the pleasure of seeing live. I really thought that they might sound like shit live because their albums are so feedback laden and rough albums I've heard in a long time. They actually sounded a bit cleaner live though and moved from song to song with ease. Really good balls to the wall punk...

Then theirs the Fatals which are about onpar with the Hunches but they're a bit more blues based. I can see them doing really good given the right label. In The Red would be a perfect fit for them.

That and the Oblivians which are just a really fun band. Too bad they disbanded a good bit ago but they have one of the most solid catalogs I can think of. It's pretty hard tracking everything down though.

Oh and the Coachwhips which sounds like Billy Childish put though a meat grinder and transmitted through a megaphone.

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-10 15:58:33

Heh, i might as well join...
some people i like:

SLF
sex pistols
the undertones
some X-ray-specs
the clash

BBS Signature

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-10 16:01:50

At 2/2/05 01:25 PM, Mister_Twitch wrote: Adam and the Ants,

I blame them for going mainstream and contributing to the death of 70's punk...
then everyone got all 'new romantic'... bitches...

BBS Signature

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-10 16:06:52

oh yeah, and the song 'TV glotzer' by nina hagen is good.

BBS Signature

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-15 21:53:52

then i STEAL THE CLUB!!!! its mine now!
very proud of ya haven't been here, so now i stole it.
hahaha
i'll make the club go CRUST!!1!!1!!
now pass me that cider

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-15 22:00:59

Amebix, nausea and doom is three good bands

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-15 22:16:53

At 2/15/05 09:53 PM, BozoHimself wrote: then i STEAL THE CLUB!!!! its mine now!
hahaha
now pass me that cider

I got a week ban, sue me.
Don't leave Zero, we need your postwhoredness

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-16 04:14:31

At 2/15/05 10:16 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote:
At 2/15/05 09:53 PM, BozoHimself wrote: then i STEAL THE CLUB!!!! its mine now!
hahaha
now pass me that cider
I got a week ban, sue me.
Don't leave Zero, we need your postwhoredness

ah..youre back..how sad...punk club belongs to ME now...
*evil laugh*
nice sig you got there btw

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-16 14:31:24

some punk jokes:

how many emo kids does it take to change a lightbulb?

none. they like to sit alone in the dark and cry

How many Ska people does it take to change a lightbulb?

2. one, trying to change the bulb, but drops it, and the other one to scream "PICK IT UP PICK IT UP"

How many commie punx does it take to change a lightbulb?

3. one to change it and 2 to discuss if its punk to change lightbulbs

how many Hc kids does it take to change a lightbulb?

only one, but it takes one shitload of lightbulbs

How do you get a crust punk out of your bathtub?

you turn on the water

and some not punk jokes:

what has two legs and bleeds?

A half giraffe

Knock knock...
whos there?
Boo
Boo who?
aw start crying...

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-16 16:08:23

i went to Uk subs at thursday. that rocked!

Response to Punk Club 2005-02-16 16:19:07

skredriver my arse! fucking nazi turds