00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Church

84,102 Views | 2,024 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 20:02:44

At 10/19/04 07:51 PM, DivineCrusader wrote:
At 10/19/04 07:48 PM, AlastorTheDevil wrote: lol banned
Thanks Alastor, that dude would not shut up.

Yes! you are the coolest Mod around (sorry ozcar )
no u and ozcar are even!

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 20:23:28

Hey Decoy-Octopus, how do I work the Admin. controls. I want to make some new sections.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 20:25:53

dont ask here it will start getting spammy go to the forums make a topic i will tell ya there!

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 20:41:47

I am Atheiest, but still I would like to join.

I actually envy religionists... in my mind I have understood that there is no heaven and no hell and that when I die I DIE. Religionists have it so easy... almost an excuse for death, for it to be alright.

I was born a Baptist, but have done my own research and I believe there is not God.. how could there be one right religion when there are SO many? Do any of you ever think about that?

NOTE: Im not trying to flame or cause any disruption, Im just trying to have a conversation and understand something.

Thanx

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 20:45:39

At 10/19/04 07:27 PM, DivineCrusader wrote: Decoy-Octopus already did the Noah one so i'll do the Fire one.
The fire raining down from the sky was one of the 10 Plagues of Egypt. It only happened there.

I meant what happened in Sodom. If I remember correctly fire, or sulfer rained from the sky. And that guy (I forgot his name) had to leave, and he wasn't allowed to look back.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 20:55:34

At 10/19/04 08:45 PM, -Blitz- wrote: I meant what happened in Sodom. If I remember correctly fire, or sulfer rained from the sky. And that guy (I forgot his name) had to leave, and he wasn't allowed to look back.

Hmmm. . . Can you tell me the book that thats in? I cant for the life of me remember that.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 20:59:56

I actually don't know what books it's in. But I think if you look up Sodom somewhere maybe even on the internet you'll find a refrence there. This club actually made me want to read the Bible. I doubt that'll get through it, but no harm in reading as much as possible.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 21:39:20

Yes i have yet to read the Bible i know all the main stories but i want to read the whole thing but cant find the time :-(

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 21:44:42

I had some free time today so I made a picture that could be used for a logo thing for our Church. DC, if you want to see it just say so. I have to hit the hay now, so tomorow.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 21:47:52

At 10/19/04 09:44 PM, -Blitz- wrote: I had some free time today so I made a picture that could be used for a logo thing for our Church. DC, if you want to see it just say so. I have to hit the hay now, so tomorow.

Yes, i would like to see it. Show it next time you get on. And i'm going to check up on what you said about the fire.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 21:55:01

At 10/19/04 08:41 PM, Binjin_Purj wrote: I am Atheiest, but still I would like to join.

Glad to have you here

I actually envy religionists... in my mind I have understood that there is no heaven and no hell and that when I die I DIE. Religionists have it so easy... almost an excuse for death, for it to be alright.

Death is only alright when you have accepted Jesus in many false religions they will tell you that if you blow yourself up there god will reward you with 10 virgin godeses or sumthing like that

I was born a Baptist, but have done my own research and I believe there is not God.. how could there be one right religion when there are SO many? Do any of you ever think about that?

No i never do because you can tell when you are a christian and you truely accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior you can feel him in you. Your consions also many people consider it the voice of God telling you right from wrong.

NOTE: Im not trying to flame or cause any disruption, Im just trying to have a conversation and understand something.

Its ok i was never under that impression and if you stay active and really think abou it and go to church you may change your mind and repent to God i really hope you do!

Think about it do you think we were created just to die?
That the smallest germ to the biggest whale that all this wasnt created with a purpose? I mean the Bible isnt a book full of lies it it the word of God. So i hope you become a christian my friend good luck and post often!

-Decoy

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 21:59:27

Ok guys as you know there is a NG Atheist Society. However the Leader (the new one) is a member here. We let him in as a non-beliver who has questions about God. I talked with Binjin_Purj and he and I decided to be good natured rivals. And we made a set of rules for our Clubs.

1. No Flamming Ever between clubs
2. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion
3. Because we have very different views and have probably have questions for eachother we decided to have controlled debates once a week.

We'll anounce the topic for this week later.

I think that, while we have very different views, we'll be able to get along.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 22:04:08

i was thinking about being a missionary but heck i can convert people here. And lets try to save atleast one person out of the athiest. me need sleep making forums tires me out! i cant find out how to make your mod thing work so PM me the topics ! and check out our forums people!

-Decoy -_-

*ps i may come back once i finish me homework

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 22:15:34

At 10/18/04 09:07 PM, DivineCrusader wrote: stuff

hey its a good idea, but u gotta ask urself, would any self-respecting christain/other would actualy take up on what u say about the bible if you are not a priest or some one close to the ppl reading up on u preeching?

im just sayin, if ppl start believing u (even though u may be right) then that would just be sad because i doubt that u are a priest, or some one close to them.

ya kno what im talkin bout? i cant put it down right, but hopefully u get the idea

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 22:27:20

At 10/19/04 10:15 PM, -YO- wrote: ya kno what im talkin bout? i cant put it down right, but hopefully u get the idea

I understand what you are saying very well. But Preacher is the best thing that I could think of to explain what a person's job would be. Even though, like you said, i am not a Preacher i am still preaching the Word of God.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 23:17:05

At 10/19/04 09:55 PM, Decoy-Octopus wrote: Death is only alright when you have accepted Jesus.

You can also get into Heaven if you by just being a good person throughout your life, but overall it is God's decision as to whether or not a person gets to go to Heaven.

in many false religions they will tell you that if you blow yourself up there god will reward you with 10 virgin godeses or sumthing like that

That is just in certain Islamic religions. However, they believe that they will be rewarded with virgin women, not 'godesses'. Also, apon closer examination of what is written about that in those religions it says that the virgins that they are rewared with are 'so pure that they can never have sex' so they wear chasity belts with no way to ever remove them.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-19 23:42:17

then why would you blow yourself up??? im confused who would blow em self up for that. oh well! and palidin go to teh forums!

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 10:08:29

At 10/19/04 11:42 PM, Halloween-D-O wrote: then why would you blow yourself up??? im confused who would blow em self up for that. oh well!

I'm kinda confused with that also. Whats so good about them if they have those chasity belts?

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 14:49:15

Can you be forgiven of all sins or not?
Matthew 12:31; Mark 3:29 and Acts 13:39; Titus 2:13-14; 1 John 1:9

All sins not forgiven
1. (Matthew 12:31) - "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven."
2. (Mark 3:29) - "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin. 32And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

All sins forgiven
1. (Acts 13:39) - "and through Him everyone who believes is freed from all things, from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses."
2. (Titus 2:13-14) - "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; 14who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds."
3. (1 John 1:9) - "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
When interpreting the Bible, context is everything. Anyone can take a verse out of context in one place and compare it to another verse out of context in another. Such is often the case when critics quote these types of scriptures listed above as criticism of the Bible.

The answer is simple. We are to take all of God's word into account, in context, when developing a teaching. Therefore, the Bible teaches us that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable. All other sins are forgivable. However, this does not mean that all sins will be forgiven. It means that all these other sins can be forgiven. We are forgiven only when we trust in Christ and Him alone for the forgiveness of our sins. Those who have committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will never seek Christ because the Holy Spirit will not work on them.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 16:56:16

At 10/19/04 09:47 PM, DivineCrusader wrote: Yes, i would like to see it. Show it next time you get on. And i'm going to check up on what you said about the fire.

It's nothing fancy. If you want anything changed just say so. By the way, what is the Maltese cross a symbol for?

Darn! The size of the file is too big. If you have MSN I can send it to you. AIM would be better, but my AIM is kaput.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:02:12

At 10/20/04 04:56 PM, -Blitz- wrote: By the way, what is the Maltese cross a symbol for?

The badge of a Firefighter is the Maltese Cross. The Maltese Cross is a symbol of protection, a badge of honor, and its story is hundreds of years old. When a courageous band of crusaders, known as the Knights of St. John, fought the Saracens for possession of the Holy Land, they were faced with a new weapon not known to European fighters. It was a simple but horrible device of war. The Saracens weapon was fire.

As the crusaders advanced on the walls of the city, they were bombarded with glass bombs containing naphtha. When they were saturated with the liquid, the Saracens threw flaming torches into the crusaders. Hundreds of knights were burned alive while others risked their lives in an effort to save their kinsmen from painful fiery deaths. Thus these men became the first Firemen, and the first of a long line of Firefighters. Their heroic efforts were recognized by fellow crusaders who awarded each other with a badge of honor similar to the cross firefighters wear today.

Since the Knights of St. John lived for close to four centuries on the island of Malta, in the Mediterranean Sea, the cross came to be known as the Maltese Cross. The Maltese Cross is your symbol of protection. It means that the Firefighter that wears this cross is willing to lay down his life for you, just as the crusaders sacrificed their lives for their fellow man so many years ago. The Maltese Cross is a Firefighter’s badge of honor, signifying that he works in courage - a ladder rung away from death.

Darn! The size of the file is too big. If you have MSN I can send it to you. AIM would be better, but my AIM is kaput.

Em9912@hotmail.com
Thats my email. I dont have MSN

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:03:21

Hey giys its me! I will be posting a sermon in a while but i need to finish my Pop-Tart!

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:05:21

At 10/20/04 05:03 PM, Halloween-D-O wrote: Hey giys its me! I will be posting a sermon in a while but i need to finish my Pop-Tart!

Well dont forget to say Grace! I am looking foward to hearing your sermon. This will be the first one i didnt write.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:09:15

what about the first one about accepting christ it was sort of one and i forgot to pray i'll do that now. Almost done hang tight i have to find what the sermon will be about

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:13:59

At 10/20/04 05:02 PM, DivineCrusader wrote: Stuff about the Maltese cross

Wow..... That's cool. I never knew that. Ok. I'll email you the pic.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:36:31

this sermon is about:
Mistakes.

We all make them. But does one mistake mean your life is ruined? Or does God give you another chance? Some bad decisions we make have lifelong consequinces. Someone
who drinks, drives and has an accidnet may well end up
crippled. But God forgives them and gives them another chance.

Jonah made a bad decion. When God told him to go north to Nineveh,Jonah took a ship south and ended up in the stomach of a huge fish! But did you notice that instead of punishing his prophet,God gave Jonah another chance to obey? This time Jonah did obey, and the people of Nineveh listened to God's warning.

Suppose that you go on a date and go all the way with the girl.
If you confess your sin God will forgive you and forget about the sin. He will give you another chance to live for him!.

I hope you liked my sermon i cant make them live DC but its a start and remember this sermon every time you make a mistake!

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:52:55

At 10/20/04 05:36 PM, Halloween-D-O wrote: this sermon

Very good Halloween-D-O. I liked that sermon alot. Mistakes is a great subject to preach on. Make sure you put that in the "sermon" fourm on our site.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:58:53

DC, did you get my email with the pic yet?

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 17:59:51

i will and glad you liked it! :-)

Response to NG Church 2004-10-20 18:04:46

Hey dude e-mail me teh logo i shall put it up DC has yet to learn the Admin functions. And DC i put you as mod of all the subjects in our Forums the tools are on the bottom of each page .