00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,001,764 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 09:09:23

At 11/12/07 09:05 AM, Cenetaurman wrote:
At 11/12/07 08:52 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
At 11/12/07 08:43 AM, Cenetaurman wrote: Hooray :D *Starts baking a cake, it explodes*
Just how I like it! :D
*Takes out a fork and spoon*

Pulls out vacuum.. its whoever gets it first right? :)

May god help us with that >.>
I know right. :/
That's going to cause a few headaches...

I would imagine so but its no big deal to me, I'm down with doing it if it makes the crew what it once was! :D

If so, than can I have your credit card number :D?
I don't have one actually, I decline all the offers I get for one as well. I do have a debit card though... its number is.... wait for it.... just a sec... personal! XD
So close...

And yet so far at the same time... :P

It didn't say you had aids >.> AlexJS is just being cautuis...cautios....catious.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU SPELL THAT WORD!
Cautious.
Thank you.

No problem, you could get Firefox though since it has a built in spell checker.. :D

Sounds good to me! I look forward to whatever questions and the such will be asked... kinda... just don't make it about that one incident with the pig and yourself when we all went to the farm on that one "SSBC Outing" trip... that was a bit odd..
I still have that scar on my balls from the gorrila army...

Haha, right when you said that I thought of G-Unit and what the rapper "The Game" said about them... don't ask if you don't know.. it was great though, even if you didn't mean it that way! <3

I think its story time but I don't wanna write one now.. give it a while. :P
Ok :3 Good luck with that :D

Thanks, I think I will write it later on sometime, I'l have to think about it first though. :P

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 09:23:56

At 11/12/07 07:27 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Sheik tips

I have mastered all of that except for the target test.
I'll get right on that!
I once did a 10 man stock match against 3 level 9s and killed each and every one of them while only losing 5 lives, my friends all agreed that Sheik is hands down my best. Its always a struggle when they go up against my Sheik, and I usually end up on top.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 09:31:14

At 11/12/07 09:23 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 11/12/07 07:27 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Sheik tips
I have mastered all of that except for the target test.

You're well on your way then! :)

I'll get right on that!

Let me know how it goes for ya.

I once did a 10 man stock match against 3 level 9s and killed each and every one of them while only losing 5 lives, my friends all agreed that Sheik is hands down my best. Its always a struggle when they go up against my Sheik, and I usually end up on top.

Thats not too bad at all really, I've been able to beat 3 level 9s on one stock before but it all depends on the stage and what characters you get put up against really.

If you and your friends both agree that Sheik is your best character then you are probably right and you should put most of your efforts into getting your skill with her up.

Make sure you do try other characters as well though before devoting all your time to just one. I had only used Kirby at first since that was who I was used to from the first Smash but once I got around to playing with the other characters I found Sheik to be my best and favorite. :D

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 10:00:32

At 11/12/07 09:31 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: If you and your friends both agree that Sheik is your best character then you are probably right and you should put most of your efforts into getting your skill with her up.

I have been putting more effort into it, but not all my attention.

Make sure you do try other characters as well though before devoting all your time to just one. I had only used Kirby at first since that was who I was used to from the first Smash but once I got around to playing with the other characters I found Sheik to be my best and favorite. :D

Sheik is the result of that very method, I got all my skilled characters down. In speaking of which, here is an update of my skill list.

In order from best to worst.

1. Sheik
2. Roy
3. Marth*
4. Ganondorf*
5. Zelda*
6. Falco
7. Luigi*
8. Dr. Mario

* = The skill difference between this character and the previous character is not too great.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 10:23:13

I don't think they'll have both Marth, a fast sword character and Roy, a strong sword character along with Ike. someone has to go

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 10:25:47

I think the recent updates, while not nearly as cool as Sonic and Dedede, have been just as cool as any of the non-character related ones before. Some of you may know them all already, but other people, myself included, haven't seen or read anything from E For All, so it's all new to us. I think it's better to formally announce everything, especially character moves and stages, rather than leave them out of the Dojo just because some people got to see them at E For All.

Today is Veterans day (I know it's the 11th but this is still the "day"), so they'll announce a veteran like Luigi or Captain Falcon. Calling it.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 10:32:00

At 11/12/07 03:27 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: In regards to what lotus said- what does everyone else feel about the crew?

I haven't been posting a lot recently but I haven't left at all, I mostly just lurk and read over what's been posted. Yes, I'm a mod but I'll admit I tend to read past posts that are spammy/ pointless, as long as there's not too many of them. I'm not a babysitter, my main area of modship is the programming forum so when I come here I just like forget about modding and read about smash stuff.

I think regardless of how the system is set up spam posts are going to be hard to avoid. We tend to get members at a high rate because brawl is coming close to release (well.. it was.. still kind of is..) and is a hot topic these days.

When you have a vet system and/or hierarchy in place then you're susceptible to arguments, but even more so spam posts regarding who has what status, and what it takes to get to a certain status, etc.

I missed this post, but I don't see the point of a "ranking" system for a club about Nintendo characters fighting. I posted here a long time ago around when it was made, now I'm here again. I don't remember much difference besides the excitement of daily updates, which is driving the topic. It will pick up even more when we can start having tournament, battles, share maps, etc over wifi. I like this crew.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 10:38:05

At 11/12/07 10:25 AM, life wrote: I think the recent updates, while not nearly as cool as Sonic and Dedede, have been just as cool as any of the non-character related ones before. Some of you may know them all already, but other people, myself included, haven't seen or read anything from E For All, so it's all new to us. I think it's better to formally announce everything, especially character moves and stages, rather than leave them out of the Dojo just because some people got to see them at E For All.

Today is Veterans day (I know it's the 11th but this is still the "day"), so they'll announce a veteran like Luigi or Captain Falcon. Calling it.

I saw the update at 4:30. Nothing special... although, I'm really pissed with people spoiling Brawl: I just want everything to be a suprise, all from the dojo-ness :3

Rawr :3

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 11:08:22

At 11/12/07 10:25 AM, life wrote:

I like the theory, but it was wrong.

I like how they hint at using final smashes in team matches. That opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 11:23:24

At 11/12/07 10:32 AM, life wrote: I missed this post, but I don't see the point of a "ranking" system for a club about Nintendo characters fighting.

Every kind of organization--even "clubs about Nintendo characters fighting"-- needs some sort of order. A ranking system helps organize the necessary order. This crew has ben slipping lately and I was against the abolishment of the ranking system from the very start.
This is good for the crew. At least I think so.

At 11/12/07 10:38 AM, Cenetaurman wrote:
At 11/12/07 10:25 AM, life wrote: Today is Veterans day (I know it's the 11th but this is still the "day"), so they'll announce a veteran like Luigi or Captain Falcon. Calling it.
I saw the update at 4:30. Nothing special... although, I'm really pissed with people spoiling Brawl: I just want everything to be a suprise, all from the dojo-ness :3

Nothing special indeed, but it is character-related and I am only taking interest in those kind of updates from here on. When it comes to the spoilers, its kinda easy to avoid, if you know how. I don't mind, seeing Sonic in Brawl, I don't care too much whats in it now. 24 characters have been confirmed, 2 less than Melee. Counting vets from both previous smash games (excluding Ness), we have a good 3 or 4 more to look forward to. But regardless of my interpretation, having hope never hurts anyone, If you hope for Ness, then hope away, I'm slightly hoping for Roy.

Rawr :3
...Meow.....?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 11:46:55

Im against the ranking system and the leader ship. If we just stop the spammers then the crew will be perfect. We dont need a ranking system, honestly who would care? And as for the leader ship, I have a thing about following orders.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:07:55

Way to tell us about something we already know, dojo!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:17:36

At 11/12/07 11:46 AM, Cericon wrote: Im against the ranking system and the leader ship. If we just stop the spammers then the crew will be perfect. We dont need a ranking system, honestly who would care? And as for the leader ship, I have a thing about following orders.

Who said that you had to take orders? And if no one cared, then we wouldn't be having his conversation. Obviously someone cares. If we could just "stop the spammers" like you just said, before now, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Its too late to give a damn now when the crew is "threatened to end this anarchy". There are honestly more spammers now then when the ranking system existed, we did over 100 pages without the ranking system, there was plenty of time to get rid of all the spammers with 100+ pages of leeway. Besides, I was the last installed vet before the system was abolished, and the system was abolished, because someone was too presistent with not having the ranking system and went against the rules by spamming. I was there. And then when it was gone, it was good for a minute, but then it slowly started to slip with (continuious) picture spamming, going off topic--alot and a flame war broke out if I recall. Its definitely worse than before, I even started going here less.

In any case, this is not going to work well, if some people want to bring it back, while other don't.
*sigh*

I don't like where this is going...

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:24:44

I for one dont want the old system to return. Even if it did return, would it count for the pages we didn't have it? I've been here for about.....180-200 pages? I dunno, give or take a few. If not then I'd just have to start over. And think, wont there be MORE spammers? People wanting the pages to go by quicker to become vets?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:43:20

At 11/12/07 12:24 PM, Cericon wrote: I for one dont want the old system to return. Even if it did return, would it count for the pages we didn't have it? I've been here for about.....180-200 pages? I dunno, give or take a few. If not then I'd just have to start over. And think, wont there be MORE spammers? People wanting the pages to go by quicker to become vets?

We are not bringing back the old system, we are making a new similar system using the old one as a foundation. there will be some added features and large precautions will be taken to prevent people rushing to beocme a vet, such as the pending voting poll to become a vet. Go to the link that Lotus posted for more info. All and All the old one is not coming back and we are not going to try to make up for lost times, whats past is past. We are going--no, we are trying to make the rank system anew.
And personally as long as people stay on topic, I don't care how fast the pages go. The rules and regulations of the new system is still in construction.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:46:52

The spamming is the main problem here, if we could just find someway to alert the newcomers about the rules, We should be fine.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:47:01

I would love to see the "spammers" you're talking about. Of course there's going to be some random new users once in awhile that make a shit post. That happens in every club on Newgrounds. I think you're all over reacting to nothing. You don't need order in a club like this. The only forum mod here is Afro ninja, no one else can delete post. I don't see how a "ranking" system is going to stop a new person from posting. The only thing it would be doing is stroking some one's ego, which is not needed in here. ( I dare say there's already enough of that.)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:50:02

At 11/12/07 12:47 PM, life wrote: I would love to see the "spammers" you're talking about. Of course there's going to be some random new users once in awhile that make a shit post. That happens in every club on Newgrounds. I think you're all over reacting to nothing. You don't need order in a club like this. The only forum mod here is Afro ninja, no one else can delete post. I don't see how a "ranking" system is going to stop a new person from posting. The only thing it would be doing is stroking some one's ego, which is not needed in here. ( I dare say there's already enough of that.)

Check out all the posts in page 313. I personally do not care about the ranking system, but we defiantly do need some people who tell the newcomers to stop spamming.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 12:55:49

How do you propose to stop these spammers? And it's as Life said. It doesn't matter what rank you are, you cant stop someone from posting. Unless you persuade Afro to ban them. And then what? People will here about people being constantly banned and not want to join. Then we may begin to lose members because of the strictness of the club. And what "precautions" can you take? Like I said, you cant stop anyone from posting unless Afro bans them. Knux and everyone else who is for this system, it is filled with problems and controdictions.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:06:01

At 11/12/07 11:46 AM, Cericon wrote: Im against the ranking system and the leader ship.

Considering you always beg to be co-leader you are one big hypocrit!

If we just stop the spammers then the crew will be perfect.

Same with metal hell and the runescape club.

We dont need a ranking system, honestly who would care?

Agreed, its so unnescary for this club.

And as for the leader ship, I have a thing about following orders.

Your the one who is supposed to be sucking, not the one who is supposed to be sucked.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:18:31

At 11/12/07 12:55 PM, Cericon wrote: Knux and everyone else who is for this system, it is filled with problems and controdictions.

Its not even complete yet.

I'm not saying that we are going to get rid of all the spammers, just a good portion of them, if things go too far, then yes, a mod will be contacted. The system will try to keep as many spammer out as possible without amod having to check here every five seconds, which doesn't even happen as it is, and spammers are running about. I don't know who said that the crew will be under a strict rule, whoever said that should reconsider their assumptions. For every person who wanted to join this club, they have been told all of the general rules before they officially join, if they want to go about spamming then there is nothing we can do about it. We are not going to throw all of our weight behind a mod, and we said nothing of deleting user's post or controlling what they post where they post, but if they spam here, then they can spam anywhere and those kind of users shouldn't be on newgrounds anyway. Everyone keeps turning a blind eye to the fact that more spammers have been around than before the system was abolished. Even if you are against it, give it a chance. Every crew, club, collab, or ANY kind of organization needs some sort of order and some sort of rank. Anyone who has a boosted ego of having a "high title" shouldn't have that title to begin with. Who, in this crew have anyone ever known who abused their rank? Its not going to kill you all to give it a chance, but it was better with the system. You can't deny that. As I said, the system is not going to get rid of all the spammers, just enough of them or as much as we can. And a spammer here is a spammer of all of Newgrounds, any post. Those who aren't that type, we can do something about that.
The system isn't perfect, but lack of a system has proved worse.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:26:11

I see I've missed quite a bit.

First, about the update. Ike's Final Smash. It's not the best update, but it does give us some more details. Can't expect them all to be good, can ya?

Second, about re-implementing that system. It doesn't sound like a bad idea. It's not like people will go drunk with power and try to kick someone out of the crew, that's never worked, and never will work unless a mod intervenes, and Afro isn't here to baby-sit. The way I see it, the people "in charge" will mainly be in charge of organizing on-line tourneys, member's list, and such. And it's not like it's permanent. If everyone feels it's not working, we just drop it and carry on.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:30:35

At 11/12/07 01:26 PM, AlexJS wrote: I see I've missed quite a bit.

First, about the update. Ike's Final Smash. It's not the best update, but it does give us some more details. Can't expect them all to be good, can ya?

Very true.

Second, about re-implementing that system. It doesn't sound like a bad idea. It's not like people will go drunk with power and try to kick someone out of the crew, that's never worked, and never will work unless a mod intervenes, and Afro isn't here to baby-sit. The way I see it, the people "in charge" will mainly be in charge of organizing on-line tourneys, member's list, and such. And it's not like it's permanent. If everyone feels it's not working, we just drop it and carry on.

As long as I get a at least a middle class rank I will be satiffisfied with this system, i'm the leader of the bleach club I know how to handle things. Plus i'm not drunk with power in there, am I cericon?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:30:44

Spencer, you stupid post about sucking has been denied.

Also, what would ranking mean anyway?? It doesn't matter how popular, or what you do hrtr, unless your a mod then no one cares. I mean honestly, you could be like some unnecesarrily high rank but then what? You cant do anything, it's just as someone before me said, it's just to help with some ones ego trip. Yeah Im a bit of a hypocrit since Im co leader and veteran of 2 clubs, but it wouldn't matter if I were leader. Knux, I respect your opinion and all that but the system will not work. Wait didn't you say something about a veteran voting poll? Like voting for vets? I find that a bit unfair. I know that they're are a few people here who dont like me, and Im sure that some people might have that same problem. So it could take someone like 5 months to finally become a vet. Even if completed Im positive there will be many problems with it. Im really not one to talk, I've had my share of spam here and there, but new users who wanna join may find it fun to spam. Hence the problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:35:51

At 11/12/07 01:30 PM, Cericon wrote: Spencer, you stupid post about sucking has been denied.

Shh don't tell them my name! >.< Lol jk ^^

Also, what would ranking mean anyway??

How long you have been a memeber of the club and how active of a memeber you are.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:39:11

At 11/12/07 01:35 PM, smc316 wrote:
At 11/12/07 01:30 PM, Cericon wrote: Spencer, you stupid post about sucking has been denied.
Shh don't tell them my name! >.< Lol jk ^^

I'll tell the world!

Also, what would ranking mean anyway??
How long you have been a memeber of the club and how active of a memeber you are.

People can become top rank, then suddenly stop posting. Filled with too many flaws ma/

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:42:41

At 11/12/07 01:39 PM, Cericon wrote: I'll tell the world!

Quiet down tommy!

People can become top rank, then suddenly stop posting. Filled with too many flaws ma/

Then they very slowely go down ranks, duh du duh!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:46:00

At 11/12/07 01:18 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 11/12/07 12:55 PM, Cericon wrote: Knux and everyone else who is for this system, it is filled with problems and controdictions.
Its not even complete yet.

I'm not saying that we are going to get rid of all the spammers, just a good portion of them, if things : go too far, then yes, a mod will be contacted. The system will try to keep as many spammer out as

No it's not.

possible without amod having to check here every five seconds, which doesn't even happen as it is, : and spammers are running about.

There's no spammers. There's people having a good time and excited about a game that the club's about. Who knew? Like I said above, every club is going to have new people.

I don't know who said that the crew will be under a strict rule, whoever said that should reconsider... blah bah

AKA ranking system does nothing.

Everyone keeps turning a blind eye to the fact that more spammers have been around than before the system was abolished.

No, not really. You're just making stuff up based off a few pages. If you go through any of the pages on this club, every few pages there's spammy post. Yup, even 2 years ago.

Even if you are against it, give it a chance. Every crew, club, collab, or ANY kind of organization needs : some sort of order and some sort of rank.

No they don't.

Anyone who has a boosted ego of having a "high title" shouldn't have that title to begin with. Who, in : this crew have anyone ever known who abused their rank? I

I already see people that seem to act above others in here. I'm not naming any names.

The system isn't perfect, but lack of a system has proved worse.

Nah, you're just starting pointless drama. If anything is put into place, I'm not doing anything different. I'm still posting my opinion on the updates; I'm not calling people sir, etc. I'm here to have fun. This is Newgrounds, this isn't fucking smashboards. Go start e-drama over there. There is abosutly no point for leader ship here, the only reason I can think of is one main person that organizes a club tournament. Other then that, nope.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:54:21

At 11/12/07 01:46 PM, life wrote: There's no spammers. There's people having a good time and excited about a game that the club's about. Who knew? Like I said above, every club is going to have new people.
...the only reason I can think of is one main person that organizes a club tournament. Other then that, nope.

Well, then there you go. Someone should be appointed to organized this, someone who frequents the crew and maybe a second to fill in for him.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-12 13:54:27

Hey, guys, since basically all the leader would be doing is organizing things, me and Alex were talking this over on AIM. Since he already does a considerable amount of organizing, why not make him the leader? I think he would do well. He's mature and good at doing work that could benifit the crew. What do you think? Of course I'd prefer the no leader part.

BBS Signature