00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dexxterzlab just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Universal Acceleration?

2,142 Views | 35 Replies

Response to Universal Acceleration? 2004-09-08 22:10:44

At 9/8/04 10:01 PM, Star_Cleaver wrote: I want to see the math to back it up. :P

An interesting theory actually. I've never read up on the string theory, so I can't really follow your statements that well. I just don't see how you expect matter to be translated from the outer edge of the universe to the point. That's the only part that's catching me. Does that part deal with the string theory? Maybe you could provide a small explanation? And if you already did, tell me. :)

Sure, you see in the theory it explains that matter passes through the fifth dimension bypassing time and space to translate to the center. String theory states (one of many things) that there are as many as 6 scrunched up little tiny dimensions hiding out inside every atom and every piece of matter. The 3D matter passes through the 5th dimension of every atom to get to the center or "the point".

If you want to know the reason it's translated, it is because there's fourth dimension spacial anomaile at the "plane" which creates a gap or opening into the fifth dimension, its only one way since 0D cannot be translated into another dimension. It's like a giant check-valve only for space-time.

Response to Universal Acceleration? 2004-09-08 22:21:04

At 9/8/04 10:10 PM, Xtama wrote: Sure, you see in the theory it explains that matter passes through the fifth dimension bypassing time and space to translate to the center. String theory states (one of many things) that there are as many as 6 scrunched up little tiny dimensions hiding out inside every atom and every piece of matter. The 3D matter passes through the 5th dimension of every atom to get to the center or "the point".

You ever read the book "A Wrinkle in Time"? In that book they talk about tesseracts. Basically, instant translation of matter between points. Its interesting really. They talk about the 5th dimension being a tesseract, in which you can travel from point A to point B without traveling through all the points between A and B. That reminds me a little of what you're talking about. This book is mearly for entertainment, and they speak of no scientific basis, but it sounds like the author might have been influenced a bit by the string theory.

If you want to know the reason it's translated, it is because there's fourth dimension spacial anomaile at the "plane" which creates a gap or opening into the fifth dimension, its only one way since 0D cannot be translated into another dimension. It's like a giant check-valve only for space-time.

The fourth dimension is time, correct? What you're saying is that there is an anomaly in time once you reach the plane? What would be the nature of this anomaly? Why would the objects not continue moving outwards from the center point, 0D?

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to Universal Acceleration? 2004-09-09 08:04:23

At 9/8/04 10:21 PM, Star_Cleaver wrote: The fourth dimension is time, correct?

There are times (no pun intended) when time isn't considered the fourth dimension. I can't remember any more specific about it right now.

and man, everything else in this thread just makes me feel dumb.

Response to Universal Acceleration? 2004-09-09 08:09:16

Fuck reading all this.
Sum it up in 3 words or less.

Response to Universal Acceleration? 2004-09-09 08:12:05

someone get this man some grant money!

Response to Universal Acceleration? 2004-09-09 08:14:41

At 9/9/04 08:12 AM, Bug-eyed-Earl wrote: someone get this man some grant money!

You've read this right?
I'd like to know how the hell he'd succeed with any current technology in proving any part of his wild theory. Esp. in ref. to the 4th and 5th dimension.