00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ramenretro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles!

22,851 Views | 147 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 21:44:44

Well they might be seeing the popularity Alien Hominid is getting and see a potential market. I mean, you guys are #10 on the front page of Gamespot.

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 21:57:10

Johnny Rocketfingers is one of my favorite animations. I'm glad to hear more is coming!

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 21:57:10

Wow... i realy dont see the how JR fits onto consoles... it seems like such a stiff and linier adventure that it would be worth 20 bucks because if you beat it once that all folks...

but seeing that I don't know any specific detail on the game yet, i'll hold off my judgment on it for later when I see how its going to be on consoles.

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 22:00:21

At 8/4/04 08:00 PM, KirbyMeister wrote:
Also, a quick note: "exclusive worldwide licensing rights" is exactly what it sounds like. No, not "some confusing copyright crap I dont need to know about", but it means that they are the only person who can use creativity, until the end of the deal. Think before you sign on: having your own console game is great, however, depending on the contract you may be stuck with your publisher/developer. If the person offering is asking you to remain quiet on details of your licensing contract, I would be more than a little suspicious. Actually read the contract, and if it's too confusing, HIRE A COPYRIGHT LAWYER. Do not believe anything that the person says about the contract, because he can easily lie or bend the truth. Copyright lawyers working for any major industry will probably be educated in the way that "copyright is good", that is, the more IP (term for copyrights, patents, and trademarks, stands for Intellectual Property) they gain, will produce more profit. Although you probably wont agree (I certainly dont) that copyright is good, there's a massive school of thought in all the law schools teaching them that the status quo of "hoard IP, get permission, extract maximum profit" which represents what copyright normally does.

Man, I should write an FAQ about this. Maby later.

u SHUD rite a FAQ for dis. it would help those dat don't know anything about legal stuff and contracts, cuz most ppl dont even know these kinda stuff. i bet most of those flashes dat says copyright 2004 or things like that doesn't even have a license that actually makes it copyrighted.

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 22:36:00

At 8/4/04 08:00 PM, KirbyMeister wrote: Hrm... bought by the same guy in the Alien Hominid console project, O~3 Entertainment.

Also, a quick note: "exclusive worldwide licensing rights" is exactly what it sounds like. No, not "some confusing copyright crap I dont need to know about", but it means that they are the only person who can use creativity, until the end of the deal.

I think you misread the article - O~3 is the publisher for Alien Hominid, but they have no involvement in the Johnny Rocketfingers deal. The article just references AH as another Flash game coming to consoles.

I agree with the rest of your post, however. It's exciting to have people showing interest in Flash, but Flash authors need to be careful who they are dealing with. When Hollywood types come after a property, they WANT IT ALL and they want the creator to have NONE. It's their job to make that happen. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 22:39:07

A stick figure console game?! sweeet.

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 22:42:43

Yes! YES! Holy mother of fuck, YES!

Johnny Rocketfingers was a fucking awesome game. I never expected JR to move onto something bigger, though. This is quite a surprise!

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 22:44:48

that game was pretty fun but it was really really basic. just click on something on the screen until you got a _root.play() command. a full version would be better because they could get some people who know how to program to make it a lot longer than a few minutes. I would love to see Piconjo help make it, he is the ultimate in perverted stick figure movies.

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 22:47:41

Almost completely forgot about that flash..but I do remember thinking it would be a great console game. Hope it's on Xbox.

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 23:12:01

wow its sounds like a cool game if it comes through im gonna have to check it out

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 23:51:21

At 8/4/04 07:37 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 8/4/04 07:36 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Johnny Rocketfingers Announced
OMFG, best news ever!

I HAVE AN ERECTION

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-04 23:57:09

Johnny Rocketfingers... on consoles?

I want portal fighter and Pico 2 next ;)

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 00:03:44

At 8/4/04 11:57 PM, Crow-Clock wrote: Johnny Rocketfingers... on consoles?

How about Frank's Adventure?

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 00:06:57

At 8/5/04 12:03 AM, Vlux wrote:
At 8/4/04 11:57 PM, Crow-Clock wrote: Johnny Rocketfingers... on consoles?

How about Frank's Adventure?

Or how about B?

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 01:04:36

how can jonny rocket fingers be consle...

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 02:02:19

sweetness.
johnny rocketfingers is one of my favorite games of all time. i would definitely buy this game if it came on the market.

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 02:05:55

At 8/5/04 02:02 AM, KWAS71KCK wrote: sweetness.
johnny rocketfingers is one of my favorite games of all time. i would definitely buy this game if it came on the market.

that is exactly how i feel
dunno if it would work with my parents though......

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 02:08:03

At 8/4/04 10:44 PM, AbortedFetus wrote: I would love to see Piconjo help make it, he is the ultimate in perverted stick figure movies.

piconjo is working on it with him.

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 02:09:37

Wow this is cool.

But the only problem is that we have no idea how it will look and we want to see if it might be crappy or not.

And it is NOT going to be accepted as a stickfigure game. So they need to switch that format.

BBS Signature

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 04:06:16

Great! I just hope that the console version will take more skill. Because you have to admit, a point-and-click console game won't really be all that fun, that sort of games belongs on PC.
There should be some action elements, like fighting bad guys, etc.
Anyways, I'll be looking forward to this!

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 04:47:03

Rocketfingers rocks, I love the game, dont get me wrong, but... I really cant see it as a console game?

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 05:28:14

Thats what i said ebfore (thanks for answering)

Games that are choices or Choose your own adventure proably can't turn into a video game. But if you think about it, the game could be about all the wacky shit he gets into and u control him instead of Coice adventure thing. Like maybe he forgot his bar tab again :). Or if he is wanted by some gang. I really want to get it :D

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 05:54:25

Can you put a few good words in Tom with O~3 and get me a Some Dude's Pro Trolley game?

It could be the Next Tony Hawk's!

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 06:23:02

yeah that console game is going to suck....

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 07:05:58

At 8/4/04 07:36 PM, TomFulp wrote: Johnny Rocketfingers Announced

I'm fucking happy here!!!

NG = GREAT

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 07:17:23

Wow, that's awesome to here. Pretty cool that some of our own are getting recognized.

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 08:21:41

Very good! i cant wait to buy both! Mebbe they shud both come in a two pack for $60 later. Whats the price gonna be anyway? Anyway, wish you luck!

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 08:53:32

rofl attack is becoming a console game too

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 09:03:59

At 8/5/04 02:46 AM, ZappBrannigan wrote:
At 8/5/04 02:09 AM, XVII wrote: And it is NOT going to be accepted as a stickfigure game. So they need to switch that format.
Says who? You, being the final say in videogame quality?

A majority of retarded Americans who will take one look at it and think it's a peice of shit.

Ever heard the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Well it doesn't apply here.
'

BBS Signature

Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! 2004-08-05 09:09:35

i think thats great imagine a playstation verison for Defend your castle oh the graphic gameplay and online abilites would so rock

and UFA with multiplayer and more cities to trash it would be the GTA of space shooters

i think things are only going to get better and better for flash makers if they really shine like legendary frog and mr luis

whos work i think should belong in a musuem it is that good

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places