Respond to this Topic
RedCircle
RedCircle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 05:29 AM Reply

At 8/6/04 04:56 AM, DanPaladin wrote: INCORRECT!

It's totally correct. You ever read farenheit 451...The book? The wife was trying to create a fully functional virtual 3D world.

I am not saying that is what I am condoning, but that is the direction of video games. Hate it or not.

I am just trying to say that these games just can't compete with the new 3D games like Grand Theft Auto, Psi-Ops, Dynasty Warriors, and the like.

Oh, and thanks for the explaination Dan.

pythagoras
pythagoras
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 06:01 AM Reply

At 8/6/04 05:29 AM, RedCircle9 wrote:
Oh, and thanks for the explaination Dan.

It doesn't need any explaination. You're so wrong it's not funny. But since you insist, I'll put it in as simple terms as possible.

Games are meant to be fun. I don't see the fun in playing the same games repackaged with prettier graphics and a few new gimmicks, which is the bleak future (and present) of 3d games. Fun comes from real gameplay, and real gameplay is independent of the technology behind it.

The future of video gaming relies on people like you waking up to the fact that you're being spoonfed the same shit over and over. Gaming isn't about the number of polygons the latest 3d chipset can handle, or how many pixelshader decombobulators it can push.

Goatpower
Goatpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 06:03 AM Reply

At 8/5/04 06:45 PM, Afro_Ninja wrote:
At 8/5/04 12:06 PM, Goatpower wrote: Alien Hominid, ROFLattack and now Johnny Rocketfingers.

Awesome.
what? roflattack? are you serious? when did this happen?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=155353

ArseOnToast
ArseOnToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 06:19 AM Reply

Looking forward to it. but It sucks cos I live in Ireland and aparently AH wont be released in europe so it's probably the same for Rocketfingers :*(

RedCircle
RedCircle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 06:52 AM Reply

At 8/6/04 06:01 AM, pythagoras- wrote: It doesn't need any explaination. You're so wrong it's not funny. But since you insist, I'll put it in as simple terms as possible.

Ok.

Games are meant to be fun. I don't see the fun in playing the same games repackaged with prettier graphics and a few new gimmicks, which is the bleak future (and present) of 3d games. Fun comes from real gameplay, and real gameplay is independent of the technology behind it.

Yes, playing the same games over and over is not fun. I agree with you, and I never said that these games weren't fun. I had a blast playing Tom's, Dan's, and Ryan's games. I am just surprised that AH and JRF have gotten so far. Fuckin awesome for that.

I never said that they shouldn't be on a console, or that they didn't deserve it.

The future of video gaming relies on people like you waking up to the fact that you're being spoonfed the same shit over and over. Gaming isn't about the number of polygons the latest 3d chipset can handle, or how many pixelshader decombobulators it can push.

Look pal, you think that I come to Newgrounds and play the games out of self-torture? No! The games on NG are very entertaining. I love the fact that I can expose myself to all that the world can create.

All I have said is that I can't believe these games are going to be on consoles. Doesn't mean that they won't. Doesn't mean that they aren't worthy. My opinion only extends as far as saying that with these new 3D games that seem to be the future of gaming, I am surprised (and very enthusiastic) that AH, and JRF are coming out on consoles.

Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Deathsaw
Deathsaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 08:14 AM Reply

At 8/4/04 08:04 PM, Iscrulz wrote: Thats good to here. imagine if madness became a console game.

Hmmmmm.Maddnes would make a great console game.Maybe it could go online.

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 08:34 AM Reply

I can't wait this will be an awsome console game Tom.

<deleted>
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 09:09 AM Reply

Cool. Thats great news.

TheZiggydude
TheZiggydude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 11:31 AM Reply

I think that Rocketfingers is a great character to implement in a game. I dont know what they have in mind, but I think a Resident Evil type of look would work good. Not with zombies and what not, but gameplay wise.

T0MMY
T0MMY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 8/6/04 05:29 AM, RedCircle9 wrote: It's totally correct. You ever read farenheit 451...The book? The wife was trying to create a fully functional virtual 3D world.

A work of fiction written long ago has little bearing on what the gaming market is today.

I have played the demo to Alien Hominid and I have to say it is a lot more entertaining than Grand Theft Auto, Psi Ops, or Dynasty Warriors, or... any number of 3d rendered games for that matter. Alien Hominid offered so much more in its 2d world: it offered fun.

3d is an option, not a standard. That's like saying all animated movies must be rendered using 3d programs. Then you're stuck with almost everything looking like Toy Story.

I think 3d works well for things like flight simulators and first person shooters, but to say that everything must be 3d is ridiculous. The best games ever made were 2d and most of the time their 3d counterparts don't live up to the series.

Until you've played the game I wouldn't make any opinions that are set in stone.

-T0MMY

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else."
-Piconjo

BBS Signature
Khaos2419
Khaos2419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 01:37 PM Reply

OOO that so awesome.. that game was ownage.. haha.. stuff like this makes me wanna sit down and create something that could get huge...

HD1249
HD1249
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 01:47 PM Reply

Dude, It's gonna be so cool. I'm so gonna buy it. That game 0wn3d.

bubba51
bubba51
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 02:05 PM Reply

hell yah! That kicks ass I enjoyed the game now he will be on consoles hell yes!

SwitchBladeClock
SwitchBladeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 03:26 PM Reply

its a pretty fun game, but if he makes it the smae typse of style game, it wouldnt be very interactive, like what is he going to do with it? is it going to be all white like that to?? i dunno if it will make it as far as alien himinid, i might buy it after i see a little preview

RedCircle
RedCircle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 8/6/04 12:06 PM, T0MMY wrote: A work of fiction written long ago has little bearing on what the gaming market is today.

Hmmm...so far these have been shockingly accurate. But, it's no way to predict the future. Yes, you are right.

I have played the demo to Alien Hominid and I have to say it is a lot more entertaining than Grand Theft Auto, Psi Ops, or Dynasty Warriors, or... any number of 3d rendered games for that matter. Alien Hominid offered so much more in its 2d world: it offered fun.

Well, I haven't, and though I would like to speak from experience, I can't. Therefore, I said that it was surprising.

3d is an option, not a standard. That's like saying all animated movies must be rendered using 3d programs. Then you're stuck with almost everything looking like Toy Story.

Goddammit, I never said that all video games should be rendered with 3D graphics. Stop putting words into my mouth.

I think 3d works well for things like flight simulators and first person shooters, but to say that everything must be 3d is ridiculous. The best games ever made were 2d and most of the time their 3d counterparts don't live up to the series.

Ugh, read above.....

Until you've played the game I wouldn't make any opinions that are set in stone.

Opinions are just that, opinions. Would you all just read all my posts here before posting. That way, you maybe able to understand what little of an opinion I have showed.

Boy, you all love to fuck up someone's words a lot. Good job!

williams111288
williams111288
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 05:46 PM Reply

thats great

skulljoint
skulljoint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 07:22 PM Reply

OMG,that game is sooo awesome!
I WANT THAT GAME!!!!NOW!!!!

Cyberxion
Cyberxion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 8/4/04 09:24 PM, Kam-Ron wrote: So many flashes just seem to be getting into consoles now after Alien Hominid. Good Luck with Alien Hominid to. Let's just hope ALien Hominid doesn't flop. That would ruin the reputation for flash games and it would take a while for them to get recognition.

I can't imagine that a game based on a flash with as many downloads as Alien Hominid will flop. Personall, I was rather sceptical about it, but after having checked out the coverage on http://www.gamespot.com, I'm a convert. I'll definately be picking it up once it's available.

Kenji-Katana
Kenji-Katana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 10:56 PM Reply

Thats really cool, but I doubt people'll but games about a stick figure. LOL!

Oh and tom: Congrats on alien hominid!

Raven34
Raven34
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 6th, 2004 @ 11:28 PM Reply

this dont have to do with the game but yo SenorFrog i like your icon man it's pretty funny :) (Just being Nice even though im Evil :))

ThejumboshrimP
ThejumboshrimP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 7th, 2004 @ 03:06 AM Reply

At 8/6/04 10:56 PM, Kenji_Katana wrote: Thats really cool, but I doubt people'll but games about a stick figure. LOL!

Oh and tom: Congrats on alien hominid!

yes, how exactly will they make a console version of a stick figure game???

Tropicana
Tropicana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 7th, 2004 @ 04:15 AM Reply

I know every one shit there comments like crazy but I personaly cant wait for this game I thought the first game was extreamly stylish

Cyberxion
Cyberxion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 7th, 2004 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 8/7/04 04:15 AM, Tropicana wrote: I know every one shit there comments like crazy but I personaly cant wait for this game I thought the first game was extreamly stylish

Style can only take you so far.

He's going to have to have bring some substance to go along with the style if he expects a succesful product, so let's hope he's got some wicked ideas that are going to seperate his game from the rest of the pack. And contrary to what you might think, the stick-figure character angle isn't enough in itself. You can have the most unique premise on Earth, and the game will not be worth crap if it isn't fun.

DrowRanger
DrowRanger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 7th, 2004 @ 07:43 PM Reply

i found jonhy rocket finger really easy. like if u couldnt get past the guy u go into the ally the back. its gamplay is very narrow(un diveres) and i think a consel game would be bad and wats the author doing with the company whos makin the game? prgram? desighing? but hell i was wrong about alien homind i suck at that game i basicly think there just using ahectors from a internet game

havocarucard1
havocarucard1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 7th, 2004 @ 11:16 PM Reply

Madness as a console game...that'd be smegging awesome!

Seventhousandmonkeys
Seventhousandmonkeys
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 8th, 2004 @ 02:28 PM Reply

At 8/6/04 04:24 AM, RedCircle9 wrote: You figure that the most popular games out now are very detailed 3D games set in a first or third person environment. I am talking about GTA 3/VD/SA, Halo, Driv3r, Star Wars Galaxies/KOTOR, Doom 3, and the like.

That's what those big producer guys told Tom, and that's true, but that doesn't mean that the old style 2-D games can't be good on next-Gen consoles. Besides, Alien Hominid has very unique graphics, and I think that even people who don't know a thing about Newgrounds will like the style.
As for Jhonny Rocket fingers, sure, it was a good game that ended too soon, and I hope that the creator's contract allows him to do whatever he wants with the game, but... c'mon. They're stick figures! The backgrounds aren't even too detailed. Maybe the creator will take more time with this one. I still can't see that becoming a real game, though. It better be long and good.

Panzerknacker
Panzerknacker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 8th, 2004 @ 02:53 PM Reply

WOW!!!I really hope it makes a gr8 console game.Who wouldn't want to pick u his/her controller and kick a$$ with a stickman?Since there are no(as I know of)stickman games on consoles yet,it's definatly time for one!

PSN Id: Kenzuke
This is my signature. Boring, right?
Check out my blog

Katari
Katari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 8th, 2004 @ 08:29 PM Reply

I say that xiao xiao would make one f%&?ing bad ass game you could like pull out a staff and stuff and get power ups and level up go through a gun stage like in one of the xiao xaio games maybe with a stamina type thing I would buy that the day it came out.

Code-XIII
Code-XIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 8th, 2004 @ 10:06 PM Reply

Is it just me or does the game-gossip site lag? Well Johnny Rocketfingers was a decent flash game, but inorder to actually compete with the real games out there, we have to see alot more then that. It may be unique, but it has to have depth to it too. And you can only go so far with stick figures.

Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles!

acekurama12
acekurama12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles! Aug. 9th, 2004 @ 01:38 AM Reply

CONSOLE?!

Johnny Rocketfingers - Consoles!