00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

422,023 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-26 18:16:30

At 2/23/05 10:44 PM, Yoogateefloo wrote: Mind if I join? I am a red belt in Isshinryu karatae, plus I instruct kendo.

dumb ass i take isshin-Ryu there is no red belt there is white,yellow,orange,green,brown and black

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-26 18:32:57

At 2/26/05 06:16 PM, darkdevil92 wrote:
dumb ass i take isshin-Ryu there is no red belt there is white,yellow,orange,green,brown and black

ahahahahahahh I dont know who is right but if your right darkdevil ah that is funny.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-27 14:10:09

At 2/26/05 06:32 PM, ROSSI wrote:
ahahahahahahh I dont know who is right but if your right darkdevil ah that is funny.

Im hoping that there is another fight over this since I wont be involved this time. Last couple fights its just been me leth, or pie leth, or leth everyone, or me and myself

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-27 16:03:54

ive been doin g karate for 5 years. im a first degree black belt. im the youngest black belt in all of IOMASDA (the name of my dojo and there r more than 1 of the IOMASDA dojos). i no katas and or drills with the fan, bow, nunchuko, escreema sticks, samurai sword, open hand.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-27 16:51:27

At 2/27/05 04:03 PM, PS2freak5555 wrote: ive been doin g karate for 5 years. im a first degree black belt. im the youngest black belt in all of IOMASDA (the name of my dojo and there r more than 1 of the IOMASDA dojos). i no katas and or drills with the fan, bow, nunchuko, escreema sticks, samurai sword, open hand.

umm your 13 and karate for 5 years. sword fighting skills, bare hands skills, best in whole dojo skills, bullshit skills, lying skills,

wow so when you must be a deadly guy. 13 and all ready black belt...

if you are not lying which I seriously doubt it then you are the next jakie chan.....

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-27 17:30:59

I'm on the verge of completing my first flash video! It's relevant to this club because it's a short action clip of a Samurai killing stick figures in the manner of the "stick slayer" movies, because I hate it when someone's first video is only stick figures.

Keep on the lookout for "Samurai Short 01" on the portal in the next hour or less! :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-27 17:53:47

I'm a 4th kyu in Aikido. I train close to 5 or 6 days a week in hour and a half long classes. I guess that qualifies me for this club. The philosophy of Aikido is to not do more damage than you have to. It stresses peace and understanding. It says that the person you're throwing is a mirror of you; he/she will go wherever you put him/her. It also says that the major goal of Aikido is to recognize conflict and to end it in a peaceful, humane, way, and to not put you or your attacker in any more danger than is necessary. It stresses inbrutality, humanity, and peace. That should give you an idea of what aikido is about.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-27 20:21:31

At 2/27/05 05:53 PM, Grim_T wrote: I'm a 4th kyu in Aikido. I train close to 5 or 6 days a week in hour and a half long classes. I guess that qualifies me for this club. The philosophy of Aikido is to not do more damage than you have to. It stresses peace and understanding. It says that the person you're throwing is a mirror of you; he/she will go wherever you put him/her. It also says that the major goal of Aikido is to recognize conflict and to end it in a peaceful, humane, way, and to not put you or your attacker in any more danger than is necessary. It stresses inbrutality, humanity, and peace. That should give you an idea of what aikido is about.

Yeah.
Life is beautiful, hm?
However, I know, from our history as a species that there are many parts of it that is not, don't you agree? I don't think I have to list them, do I?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-27 21:34:04

At 2/27/05 08:21 PM, Letahlity wrote: stuff

Nah, man you got it all wrong. It's about accepting conflict, then dispensing it. It's about acknowledging that there is consternation, then getting rid of it and making the world a safer place. It's a bit of a contradiction, being a martial art that is supposed to be against fighting, but it is basically a view that force and violence is unnecessary, and that we should use as little of it as possible.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 01:59:48

At 2/27/05 09:34 PM, Grim_T wrote: Nah, man you got it all wrong. It's about accepting conflict, then dispensing it. It's about acknowledging that there is consternation, then getting rid of it and making the world a safer place. It's a bit of a contradiction, being a martial art that is supposed to be against fighting, but it is basically a view that force and violence is unnecessary, and that we should use as little of it as possible.

Oh? Well, if that's your belief, I don't have any problem with you believing in such things.
Respecting one's opinion back forward, shouldn't we? How is it that i've gotten something wrong then?

And I don't know how many real scenarios you've ended up in the streets, but come on, doesn't adrenaline take the hell of it?

And what do you mean with minimum violence? I wouldn't stop on my opponents face after i've KO'd him either, but hey...?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 15:00:13

At 2/27/05 09:34 PM, Grim_T wrote: some stuff

Welcome to the club. I think the philosophy is pretty close to tae kwon do since part of TKD is aipkido. I think its wrong to hit a man while they are down. The only time you should ever use a little more force is if there is a large group against you and someone needs help.

And pie.

now quit being an asshole. When you can prove to me that he is lying then open your mouth. Till then dont.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 15:27:21

umm your 13 and karate for 5 years. sword fighting skills, bare hands skills, best in whole dojo skills, bullshit skills, lying skills,

wow so when you must be a deadly guy. 13 and all ready black belt...

if you are not lying which I seriously doubt it then you are the next jakie chan.....

im not lying and i am not the best in the dojo. there r better students than me. i just practice and i am commited 2 karate. i dont give up i keep trying till i get it right and then keep doing it.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 15:50:28

At 2/25/05 11:55 PM, dsmking wrote: And droopy i remember you. You owe me five bucks...... No... Okay... worth a shot. Yes i do think leth should leave his country for Ong Bak since it is truely the greatest movie ever and nothing else compares.

I just saw Hero last night. I've owned it since the day it came out on DVD but I just never had the time to sit down and watch it. Another great film, although it's far more artsy and not so violent. I prefer the violence in my movies myself, but it was still a really good movie. The colors where awsome. If I did drugs that movie would never leave my DVD player...

As for the Mats. Ya those things are expensive. My school got some that where like 30 dollars each and we got like 200 of them. I dont want to see the bill.

Yeah, I'm thinking about swtiching my layout so that the mats go along the far wall and not down the length of the garage. I won't have as much room but I'll save some money and I'll still be able to park. I still don't understand why they're so much. I mean, it's just a mat... it's not like it's made of gold or anything. Then again, exercise anything has never been cheap. I blame infomercials. :)

o and about you not doing martial arts. Martial arts is not to consume your life. I do plenty of other shit besides martial arts. But since its where i work and stuff its really hard for it to not consume it

Yeah, I have other things going on but still, I wish it could consume my life. I got in to MA for exercise reasons but once I started it was like an addiction. I always wanted to hit that much harder, move that much faster, do just one more push up...

I have to get ready for the big demo and then i have to try out for a demo team so that ought to be fun. *prays*

I bet it's lots of fun. Although, I bet it's a lot of work. Lots of training and I'm sure there is lots of stress involved. But the end result is worth it, I would think. You gonna get paid or travel? Or is it just for your local area/school?

Droopy dont be a stranger now

I'll try not too... it depends on how much work I have, and how much work I choose to actually do. :)

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 15:56:22

At 2/28/05 03:27 PM, PS2freak5555 wrote: im not lying and i am not the best in the dojo. there r better students than me. i just practice and i am commited 2 karate. i dont give up i keep trying till i get it right and then keep doing it.

ok ok god dammit Dsm. I seldom do this but ok ok your maybe not lying. So I geuss a apoligize is in order so there I apologize. Welcome to the club.

Now more interestings news. This goes out manily to DSMKING and whoever does tae kwon do. My step dad has argreed to train me. He said he will show me but then I have to learn nd take it to the next level. So I need some info on this so when he starts Im not completlty lost.

HAHAHAH I don't have to wear those stinky cloths aha.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 16:01:09

Sorry for the double post, I'm just breaking them up so that everybody doesn't have to read everything to see how I'm talking too.

At 2/25/05 11:58 PM, Tombulgius wrote: I've seen alot of commercials for Ong-Bak, and it certainly looks action-packed; however, what does it have in terms of storyline?

The story is pretty basic. The hero is from a small village in the middle of a drought. In order to get rain, they need to have a ceremony in honor of Ong Bak (a statue). Long story short, somebody steals the head of Ong Bak and someone from the village is sent to the city to find and retreve it before the village runs out of water.

At 2/26/05 03:35 AM, nr5714k wrote: I remember you DroopyA I never really talked to you though... not like I really had a choice when your never here ; ). but thats never how I pictured you. when I think of you I picture the dog Droopy from the old cartoons.

Haha, yeah, that's where I got my name. I watch almost nothing but cartoons. Especially the Tex Avery and Looney Toons ones. Seriously, if you saw my DVD collection you would think I had children. 3 rows are nothing but cartoons... the other two rows are either Martial Arts related or classics like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. A few comedies here and there but I prefer the funnies nobody likes. Like I think "The Ladies Man" is the best movie ever... that, and "Little Nicky". But I'm getting off topic. Cartoons rule!

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 16:16:05

alot of you guys argue alot shame on you! wheres your dicipline! thats all I have to say

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 16:30:17

At 2/26/05 09:05 AM, Letahlity wrote: Five Forty it was, yes...

That's what I thought, but when I checked it out I couldn't find anything about Martial Arts. And why is there only one movie under the films section? What happened to all of their other ones? And the clips of him doing tricks durring the Credits of the man show or whatever? Oh well, if that is the site it looks like their doing well, I just wasn't sure if I was in the right place.

Yeah, it beats my tiny basement. The heavybag keeps falling down >:(
Something devine keeps me from training.

Haha, that just means you need to train twice as hard just in spite.

I've decided to become a PE teacher! >:D
Sounds pretty soft to me. So I got a few more... 4-5 maybe even 6 years left >:( You have no idea what it takes.

Wow, just to become a PE teacher? I guess though, you probably need to know all about the human body and general health information. You'll almost certainly need first aid right? A regular teaching degree, and probably a huge amount of student teaching hours. I'm sure you need a lot more too... I can see how the years could add up. But at least it'll be fun job.

Yeah, but I feel like it's worth it. It (WoW) only a matter of 10£ or so.

Thats not bad. I really want to play it but I just don't think anything can beat StarCraft. I've tried lots of other online games but they just don't compare. I even thought Counter Strike sucked... then again, WoW is a Blizzard game so maybe it'll suprise me. Is it like the Final Fantasy games, or is it more like the Heros in WC3?

Well, it wouldn't suprise me if they ban it in Europe.

Well, you always have the internet.

I really can't wait... realising it 5 months after the US release? That's nazi propaganda.

Well then, let me ease your pain. At the end of the game the third sister is a robot. Nah, I'm just playin with you. I wouldn't ruin the game like that.

Yeah... well, it's about getting high in spirit and discipline, eh?

Spirit and discipline, is that what they call "torture" these days? When I was young we use to call it "building character". Either way, it sucks.

I'd give out a photo of myself, but I don't feel like becoming the "pretty boy" again >:(

Haha, It's not that bad. Chicks dig "pretty boy's"

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 17:06:29

At 2/28/05 04:16 PM, SaiYuk wrote: alot of you guys argue alot shame on you! wheres your dicipline! thats all I have to say

Leth i got this one.... Okay whats wrong with arguing. You know the best things in life come when alot of people express there different opinions on things. We argue because we each have different philosophies on things and when people dont agree arguments happen. It doesnt mean you dont have discipline but more like you have the discipline to stick with your beliefs

To droopya
For now its just gonna be really small so i doubt we will do any traveling. But i do get an hourly wage just for the demo.

To pie

Cool beans

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 17:37:09

At 2/28/05 04:16 PM, SaiYuk wrote: alot of you guys argue alot shame on you! wheres your dicipline! thats all I have to say

Shut up you fucking loser get outta here adn no we don't argue a lot we argue seldom......... Wheres our disipline wheres our fucking disipline fuck you how dare you say that if anyone is missing it it is you because A great philisophere said that though who judges people who though not know is a fool himself. And buddy you don't know us so its you whos missing the disipline. You don't have to say shit and this is all I have to say. Go home bitch!!!!!

Shame on you for you 2nd post and already being an idiot your mother must be dissapointed in you.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 17:38:07

At 2/28/05 05:06 PM, dsmking wrote:
Leth i got this one.... Okay whats wrong with arguing. You know the best things in life come when alot of people express there different opinions on things. We argue because we each have different philosophies on things and when people dont agree arguments happen. It doesnt mean you dont have discipline but more like you have the discipline to stick with your beliefs

To droopya
For now its just gonna be really small so i doubt we will do any traveling. But i do get an hourly wage just for the demo.

To pie

Cool beans

ok....well I've been reading the posts and alot of you guys ridicule eachother...so what if the guy said somthing about some style that happend to be...wrong who gives a fuck really

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 17:43:32

At 2/28/05 05:37 PM, ROSSI wrote:
Shut up you fucking loser get outta here adn no we don't argue a lot we argue seldom......... Wheres our disipline wheres our fucking disipline fuck you how dare you say that if anyone is missing it it is you because A great philisophere said that though who judges people who though not know is a fool himself. And buddy you don't know us so its you whos missing the disipline. You don't have to say shit and this is all I have to say. Go home bitch!!!!!

Shame on you for you 2nd post and already being an idiot your mother must be dissapointed in you.

im sorry to double post but this has to be said this is exactly what im talking about right here perfect fucking example. You have some issues man go get some antidepressants or some prozac

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 17:44:56

At 2/28/05 05:38 PM, SaiYuk wrote:
ok....well I've been reading the posts and alot of you guys ridicule eachother...so what if the guy said somthing about some style that happend to be...wrong who gives a fuck really

WE DO NOW FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!

dammit if you stop insulting the club, join it, and after all that then help reconstruct the club if you find it is so bad. But no you take the easy way and you just point out all the mistakes and all the negativity any flying fuck could do this but a man with balls will help and make this club a better place.. Fuck if your going to post make it for a good cause.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 17:53:28

you take this shit to seriously man really you do you need to calm down.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 17:55:42

At 2/28/05 05:53 PM, SaiYuk wrote: you take this shit to seriously man really you do you need to calm down.

whos say's Im taking this seriosly stop posting here please Im saying it nicely now if your not going to post stuff about martial arts and your just going to keep on making fun of the club just please leave.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 18:02:27

At 2/28/05 05:55 PM, ROSSI wrote:
At 2/28/05 05:53 PM, SaiYuk wrote: you take this shit to seriously man really you do you need to calm down.
whos say's Im taking this seriosly stop posting here please Im saying it nicely now if your not going to post stuff about martial arts and your just going to keep on making fun of the club just please leave.

I already joined this club, (it was my first post) I just made that little comment and you bloody flip out on me but its nice to see you can be kind and show respect I didnt really mean what i said earlier and im sorry if I offended anyone I didnt mean to make fun of the club why would I im a martial artist myself I think you got the wrong impression.

Apparently no one here can take a joke.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 18:07:33

At 2/28/05 06:02 PM, SaiYuk wrote:
I already joined this club, (it was my first post) I just made that little comment and you bloody flip out on me but its nice to see you can be kind and show respect I didnt really mean what i said earlier and im sorry if I offended anyone I didnt mean to make fun of the club why would I im a martial artist myself I think you got the wrong impression.

Apparently no one here can take a joke.

hey buddy that was not a joke. Your just saying that to make amends.

And when did you join the club I don't remeber you...........

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 18:09:38

believe what you want.....look back I think its page 51 I applied

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 18:14:59

At 2/28/05 06:09 PM, SaiYuk wrote: believe what you want.....look back I think its page 51 I applied

wow you did join...... go to the chatroom of the martial arts club. If you don't know how to get tehre look back on page 50, 49 or something adn look at the user semi shinro click chatroom on his sig.

We both did enough spamming for one day.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 18:18:29

wow you did join...... go to the chatroom of the martial arts club. If you don't know how to get tehre look back on page 50, 49 or something adn look at the user semi shinro click chatroom on his sig.

We both did enough spamming for one day.

damn straight

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-28 20:47:49

At 2/28/05 01:59 AM, Letahlity wrote: stuff

Nah. I got in a fight the other day when some shmuck decided that I had no use for my 25 dollars. Aikido trains the adrenaline out of you.

BBS Signature