00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Brando225 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

4 Day Game Jam: "List"

15,610 Views | 57 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Before we kick off the game jam, Happy Robot Day!

Robot Day is an annual event originally proposed by @MindChamber, who has been keeping it going year after year. Look for some cool robot themed entries today!

Also @CryoGX has launched the Advent NEON Kickstarter! You can play the demo here on NG and give it some support if you’d like to help Cryo see it through!

4 Day Game Jam!

The team behind O are donating their $50 July Game Jam prize money to host a short, low pressure four day game jam.

Participants have from now until the end of day Sunday (11:59pm PST), August 29th to create a game based on the theme.

The theme of this jam is “List.” Participants are asked to choose at least two items from the following lists and incorporate them into your games. You’re welcome to use more than two items and just go totally nuts! Note which items you included in your author commentary. 

Tag your game with “ListJam” so we find it.

Here are the items (pick 2 or more):

Kultisti's List:

-game has no visuals 

-the entire game lasts for less than 30 seconds

-all text is randomly generated

-the game is one dimensional

-the game is four dimensional

-the game has only one sound effect

-the visuals are monochromic

-there is a secret game hidden inside the actual game

-you control the entire game with just one button (no mouse)

-all of the sound effects are written text (like in old silent films)

DefaultLabs’ List:

-5 Little monkeys jumping on the bed (battle to the death)

-Monday Night Monkin'

-Poop and Pee colors only

-[inanimate object] for president

-Johnny the Horse discovers love

-Procedurally generated music

-Toenail Harvesting: Tips and Tricks

-The main character must be referred to as, "Dude, bro, dude, like bro, dude dude, bro, dude," throughout the entire game

-Monkey dating sim

Happy Jamming!

Prize amounts will be announced at the end but the total prize pool is just $50, so none of the individual prizes will be very big.

This jam will be judged by @DefaultLabs, @nokoi and @Kultisti.

Jammers are welcome to come chill in the NG Game Jam Discord that was set up by @Figburn for the July Jam! Really curious to see how people apply these various items.

The Newgrounds Podcast Summer Block Party is also happening this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, so you should visit the NGP Discord whether you're jamming or not.

Yesterday was the deadline for our Never Ending Dance Jam and you can watch all the entries back to back!

iu_400424_1.png

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 08:44:18

Damn those are interesting concepts

Gonna try and see how it will go for me

Signature image is from GuraQuest

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 08:44:25

Let's do it

I love NewGrounds :)

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 08:46:41

monke jam!!

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 08:54:40

LOVELY!!...

Wait, How the fu-

Haha... got grounded

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 09:27:26

Anyone looking for a VA to contribute to their entry, feel free to hit me up. There's some portfolio material on my user page, and I can make time this weekend to record.

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 09:53:27

i hope to see many monkey games

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 10:05:48

Holy shit, I am definitely looking forward to whoever picks the 5 Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed (TO THE DEATH) prompt. Good luck to all the participants!!

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 10:07:52 (edited 2021-08-26 10:08:42)

iu_400472_9267773.jpgTrying To Work on Something

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 11:19:06

Siiick lets get jammin

מזל טוב אתה יכול לקרוא את זה

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 11:23:44

At 8/26/21 08:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: Before we kick off the game jam, Happy Robot Day!

Robot Day is an annual event originally proposed by @MindChamber, who has been keeping it going year after year. Look for some cool robot themed entries today!

Also @CryoGX has launched the Advent NEON Kickstarter! You can play the demo here on NG and give it some support if you’d like to help Cryo see it through!

4 Day Game Jam!

:iu_400511_9618429.png

The team behind O are donating their $50 July Game Jam prize money to host a short, low pressure four day game jam.

Participants have from now until the end of day Sunday (11:59pm PST), August 29th to create a game based on the theme.

The theme of this jam is “List.” Participants are asked to choose at least two items from the following lists and incorporate them into your games. You’re welcome to use more than two items and just go totally nuts! Note which items you included in your author commentary. 

Kultisti's List:

-game has no visuals 

DefaultLabs’ List:

-Monday Night Monkin'
-The main character must be referred to as, "Dude, bro, dude, like bro, dude dude, bro, dude," throughout the entire game
-Monkey dating sim

Happy Jamming!

Prize amounts will be announced at the end but the total prize pool is just $50, so none of the individual prizes will be very big.

Jammers are welcome to come chill in the NG Game Jam Discord that was set up by @Figburn for the July Jam! Really curious to see how people apply these various items.

The Newgrounds Podcast Summer Block Party is also happening this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, so you should visit the NGP Discord whether you are jamming or not!

can i yost post a draw 2 draws moving

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 11:31:38

Do we have to choose at least 1 item from each list or even just picking up 2 items from list would suffice?

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 11:47:30

Best of luck to everyone who competes! I'm all jammed out for now. <3

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 12:27:08

Happy Mindchamber day, Newgrounds. I love you all.

iu_400545_3847739.png

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 12:28:29

Interesting jam idea. Might participate.

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 12:34:34

At 8/26/21 11:23 AM, dav156 wrote:
At 8/26/21 08:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: Before we kick off the game jam, Happy Robot Day!

4 Day Game Jam!

Kultisti's List:

-game has no visuals 

DefaultLabs’ List:

-Monday Night Monkin'
-Monkey dating sim

Happy Jamming!

The Newgrounds Podcast Summer Block Party is also happening this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, so you should visit the NGP Discord whether you are jamming or not!

thanks for making a game based on me!

mega ass

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 12:40:53

At 8/26/21 12:34 PM, davidsosa2009 wrote:

4 Day Game Jam!

Kultisti's List:

-game has no visuals 

DefaultLabs’ List:

-Monday Night Monkin'
-Monkey dating sim

Happy Jamming!

sorri man its me im david

can i yost post a draw 2 draws moving

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 12:42:34

At 8/26/21 12:40 PM, dav156 wrote:
At 8/26/21 12:34 PM, davidsosa2009 wrote:

4 Day Game Jam!

Kultisti's List:

-game has no visuals 

DefaultLabs’ List:

-Monday Night Monkin'
-Monkey dating sim

Happy Jamming!

sorri man its me im david

oh.

mega ass

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 12:47:07

New Game Jam

:)

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 12:55:57 (edited 2021-08-26 12:56:17)

MONKEY!

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 13:42:16

i Was considering just relaxing and going back to my parents for this weekend but then i saw this and thought "yep, there's my new and improved weekend plans!"

the hell is my signature supposed to have

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 13:50:53 (edited 2021-08-26 13:51:09)

ayo if y'all need an artist/animator, lmk ♡

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 13:57:56

poggers

obama

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 14:37:21

Also @CryoGX has launched the Advent NEON Kickstarter! You can play the demo here on NG and give it some support if you’d like to help Cryo see it through!

Really appreciate the shout-out here; thank you so much!

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 15:45:42

Awesome :)

Pink Sparkles PonyGirl201642

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 16:43:15

Wish I could join but I have no programming skill one bit-

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 17:59:42

se puede elegir 2 se una lista o una de cada lista

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 18:12:32

4 Day Game Jam!

Kultisti's List:

-game has no visuals 

DefaultLabs’ List:

-Monday Night Monkin'
-Monkey dating sim

Happy Jamming!

The Newgrounds Podcast Summer Block Party is also happening this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, so you should visit the NGP Discord whether you're jamming or not.

Yesterday was the deadline for our Never Ending Dance Jam and you can watch all the entries back to back!

robot stuff

i am bot i should be in

jarsh finx

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 19:33:40

What does "no visuals" mean? Does it just mean "no art" or does it also exclude text?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Day Game Jam: "List" 2021-08-26 20:23:40

you had me at poop and pee colors only