00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Pico Doom a Mod for Doom!

830 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_291920_6798695.png

CLICK HERE FOR SCREENSHOTS!

Click here for Zdoom Thead

What is this?

This is a Mod for DooM Made for the Zandronum and GZDoom Sourceports

DooM? Mod? what?!

Yup this isn't a game per se, but one that you can add to your game to play.

Okaaayy? what are the requirements then?

For more info about it, consult this video here, pretty much covers all the bases you need, It has even links for stuff like sourceports and mod loader which you shall need them for a very breezy experience.

Okay can you tell me about this mod?

Sure, this mod allows you to play as Pico it features Many thing such as:

• A Unique arsenal of 9 weapons.

Technically 8 but still, Use your rifle to plow through enemies, Your pencil as a melee weapon of choice, The uzis to make em eat lead, Your medical herb for when you are in a pinch, and more!

• A unique mechanic tied to Pico himself "Marking!"

Pico ain't no space marine so he doesn't have the pockets for a lot of ammunition, but what he can do is procure it himself via marking his enemies by pressing altfire! (Remember to bind the keys in the controll options along with reload button), when marked enemies tend to take more damage and if you kill them when being affected by it you get ammunition out of it, you might get even more if you melee them!

• Cheat codes!

Fun for the whole family, well somewhat but still!

• Compatibility with monster mods.

Every doom gameplay mod are all known to run on mapsets that do not use custom weapons and what not, some also replace monsters to make them more functional to the gameplay, but this one doesn't! you can load upmonster replacement mods like Combined_Arms Malefactors, Doom Rougelike arsenal Monsters, Iron Snail monster (for those who like Metal slug, they will love this mod also!), Babel Monsters (for those who want less primitive demons!), Ranpancy (for those who like to kill robots than demons!) to list a few!

it also supports Gore mods like Nashgore

What isn't supported Is brutal doom or any gameplay mod stuff would clash, if you want the monsters there is a mod for that on moddb

Mapsets recommendations:

For those who are just finished with doom(sequel and expansions) and want more, here are some Good mapset to try the mod with (though i'd recommend playing vanilla first.)

KamaSutra (it has nothing that you think it has, unless you count playing doom as sex.)

Back to Saturn X episode 1 (Might give Techbase fatigue but it gives you a challange if you want one!)

Doomer board Project 33: Rainy days in casablanca (Hella creative theemed maps about proibition era, with Red to add to it, shame pico doesn't abide to the rules!)

MayHem Orange Edition! (Totally not picking it because i made a map for it, nono)

MayHem Purple Edition! (Totally picking it because i like red, yes!)

this is to list a few, i'd recommend checking out the cacowards for more mapsets and stuff, who knows.

Download Link?:

WHEN IT'S PICODAY!

For those who are interested in wanting to mod this here are some permissions and allowances:

YOU CAN:

MAKE ADDONS FOR THE MOD*!

MAKE MAPS FOR THE MOD!*

YOU CANNOT:

RERELEASE THE MOD AS A GAME/WITH A PRICETAG AND MODIFIED**.

*Feel free to post your maps and addons in the thread, i can add them to the original post if i have space!

**if you really want to make modification of the mod and you want to release for free, please dm me perrmission to do so.

Additional info for Doom nerds (like me):

Made for zandronumo 3.0

Mod type: Gamplay Mod!

Supports: Gore mods, graphical mods, monster mods, music mods.

CREDITS: (IF we forgot to credit someone, let me know!)

Pico is by @TomFulp

Audio from CturiX Kemilon, @yankeejim, @Kawaiisprite, Me( @Redead-ITA), Red Hook Games, Running with Scissors, Valve Software and Capcom for more info which did which, look at the inside of the mod SNDINFO,

Sprites are both done by Me @Redead-ITA (weapon sprites mostly.) and @yankeejim (Hud face, player character and Hud, and a buttload of other stuff)

Additional credit comes from the James Hemming for the Demon pico (Original from Cassandra's revenge)

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-04-30 06:02:43

For those who don't own doom but still want to play the mod there is freedoom!

it's an open source version of the doom iwads and they are 100% free!

https://freedoom.github.io/

Phase 1 is for Ultimate doom equivalent

Phase 2 is for the doom 2 equivalent

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-04-30 07:20:59

Can't wait to see how this plays for real.

Regarding those optional monster mods, it would've been pretty cool if you could've swapped out the main bosses for the Pico's School ones too. Maybe possible, some other time, next year...?

Anyway I'm a give this a run through as soon as it's out. Hype.

The latest: Hexa #69 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-04-30 07:42:04

Making frames is kind of a pain to make, i could get my friend yankee to do so but probably as it's own addon more likely.

still it is up in the air, just not for now.

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-04-30 19:28:30

So excited for this!

Water

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-05-01 00:00:07

WAKE UP!!! I WANT TO PLAY DOOM 1 MIN LEFT

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-05-01 00:10:59

Soon.

Water

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-05-01 03:00:55

IT IS FINALLY OUT!

LINKS!

Mega Link

Google Drive Link

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-05-01 03:08:53

At 5/1/21 03:00 AM, Redead-ITA wrote: IT IS FINALLY OUT!
LINKS!
Mega Link
Google Drive Link

YES

Water

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-05-01 03:55:22

I made a video on youtube where i play the entirety of e1m1 with this mod, i'm likely to do more levels and maybe the whole game, you're welcome.

Water

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-05-01 17:35:12

Found a bug. When you collect the infinite ammo powerup and your uzis are out of ammo, they don't fire.

Water

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Doom a Mod for Doom! 2021-05-01 17:36:18

iu_293772_8388771.webp

THIS FUCKING IDLE ANIMATION I CAN'T

Water

BBS Signature

Huh... i though i'd iron out that one, Fixed it now and also the normal uzi, the rifle however you still need to reload it to fire it, but it's a minor set back so it shouldn't be of much worry.

Downloads are the same links.