00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Brando225 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Welcome FNF Fans!

32,509 Views | 191 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-24 22:21:38

Oh, yeah, obviously.

HAIL OUR LORD THE ONION PRO SPEEDRUNNER

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-24 22:33:36

It's so great to see NG getting all this traffic. I remember feeling like the fresh noob rolling in back in 2009 when I finally made my first account and started really interacting, surrounded by all this history and talent. I hope all the newcomers are just as awestruck as I was.

(>'-')>

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-24 23:05:22

Thanks for the background! I came here because of FNF, and this looks like such a cool community! I might even post some of my animations.

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-24 23:29:10

Great move, Sir !

Life is a game !

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-24 23:30:48

Thanks for the quick history lesson, Mr. Fulp!

I remember playing many-a flash games here on Newgrounds back in my elementary school days, I would go over to my friends houses and we would just play flash games all day (such good memories). I guess at some point I lost interest though, and left. And then, Friday Night Funkin' caught my attention as a huge rhythm game fan and brought me back. I sure am happy to be be back, this community seems to be thriving now more than ever!

I'm proud to be a supporter and will continue to post art for as long as I'm able (and hopefully animations soon, too). I can't wait to get in touch with the community to collaborate and help others & myself grow as an artist. After being on twitter, instagram, deviantart, tumblr, toyhouse, and all those other social websites, this one is honestly my favorite and is now my preffered place to hang out online. This really is a special place & a wonderful community!

Here's to many more prosperous years of Newgrounds :D

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-24 23:44:33

newgrounds is finally relevant again lets go gamers

where the waldo at

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 00:26:51

Dude new grounds games where my childhood and I never went to this site, some sites like Click Games stole games like RIdde School and I emember my brother liked Riddle School a lot, I saw the Newgrounds logo and din't know what it was, I din't even speak english at the time so if I went there I wouldn't understand a thing

Now I return because of another game and Joel G I discovered via youtube, time is magical

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 00:32:24

ooooo i wonder ho well be on the list iu_287438_8727702.png

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 01:13:18

To all FnF fans who are newcomers to the site:

iu_287467_3457321.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 01:23:05

Rewards
Tankman Statue

Is someone gonna tell them that Tom's been trying to get rid of them for years? lol

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 01:29:03

Even the Haxe and Flixel discords have gotten a ton of people. Really cool that gamedev, art, anim, and audio gathered together for FnF, didn’t even notice. They might need a writer for all the new levels and stuff, maybe VAs?

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 01:55:57

At 4/25/21 01:23 AM, Kwing wrote:
Rewards
Tankman Statue
Is someone gonna tell them that Tom's been trying to get rid of them for years? lol

no don't please

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 01:59:26

Newgrounds is like a wild west frontier that was seemingly lost to time. A land that cares not for normalcy and rewards anyone with innovation and skill. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Failing over and over doesn't make you a failure. The only failures are the ones who don't try.

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 02:11:36

Still remember 2018 when i uploaded my thesis film to NG and there was a glitch with the video and @TomFulp DM'd me about fixing it and like man...so many websites are so corporate with their automated responses and the promoting of rich bimbos but man the owner of the website goes out of his way to help sum bozo like me its like newgrounds actually cares and its nice.

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 02:13:32

I am so glad I'm slowly getting more invested on this site! This site has influenced my childhood without me ever knowing until recently, took me down memory lane, with games like fancy pants, dino run, old ass animations you name it! So far this community has been pretty amazing, chill and funny, and I hope Newgrounds continues on to build a bigger legacy than it already has! Thank you for creating this website!

Hi :D

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 02:35:57

I want to declare two things

1) FUCK YOU fnf fans

2) THE SITE DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY ON FIREFOX - PLEASE MOTHERFUCKING FIX THIS FOR FUCK SAKE, I DON'T LIKE USING CHROME

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 04:15:16 (edited 2021-04-25 04:15:46)

Hello! I have been a big fan of Newgrounds for a long time. One of my first games I've played on here was Interactive Buddy and Dad n' Me. Even though I've drifted apart from this site for a while, Friday Night Funkin did renew my interest in Newgrounds. Regardless if people came from the game or not, I hope this new generation of user will make this site better and better. Have yourself a great day, Tom!

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 05:36:09

At 4/24/21 04:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: A ton of Friday Night Funkin’ fans have been visiting Newgrounds this week

iu_287533_8146500.jpg

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 06:58:43

I hope newcomers make their own bonds on newgrounds too, team projects are always the best

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 07:16:17

Impeccable new user introduction there, though could maybe use some notes on the great gamification aspects of the Grounds too, the level system, everyday B/P and EXP collection, medals, whistle badges for correctly flagging abusive content; all kinds of family-friendly rankings and activity-rewarding functionality that you might not get instantly introduced to unless you roam around a while... or read through the Wiki.

Welcome all y'all awesome new people! May this place provide all the entertainment and communion you hope for, and keep going strong as the always underestimated creative oasis it's been these past few decades.

At 4/24/21 05:27 PM, Rudiment14 wrote: Hello :D

Hey there! Welcome to the Grounds!

At 4/24/21 05:50 PM, SpookDev wrote: Well, hope i don't start making games too late...

It's never too late!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 07:29:46

I think FNF is the best thing to happen to Newgrounds in a long while. The Tumblr/Twitter exodus back in 2018 definitely helped give this site a bit of a resurgence. But even then, it seemed like a lot of people were a bit hesitant to join. Some people were afraid to come here because they thought it was too edgy. Others thought that the site was too inactive to be worth their time. FNF changed that by giving Newgrounds just the push it needed in order to rise from the ashes. With the death of Flash, this couldn't have possibly happened at a better time. It's bringing back old users through nostalgia while also introducing newer generations to the early 2000s Internet.

I want to see Newgrounds thrive, and I've been trying my hardest to support the site in any way I can. Unfortunately, it's hard for me since I don't have much money or artistic abilities to back it up. The best I can do is being vocal about it. So I just wanted to say thank you to the FNF devs for using this as an opportunity to help Newgrounds. And thank you Tom for not only making the site, but also for sticking with it for so many years.

art by numeneko

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 08:56:55

HIII

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 09:29:58 (edited 2021-04-25 09:30:42)

@TomFulp This may be kind of a weird question, but how did it feel to actually have the need to upgrade the infrastructure thanks to the MILLIONS of sudden new internet users visiting the page? I suppose that must've felt really nice (setting aside all the work you guys probably had to do). I feel really happy for the NG team, this page deserves more. Godspeed

Also welcome to NG FnF fans!!! hope you like it!!

Putting the "pro" in procrastination since 2000.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 10:27:25

welcome but more importantly, first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 10:39:12

ive always loved the Souljaboy lore but i just checked his profile again and saw hes still favoriting new-ish stuff like the NIghtmare Cops teaser and DBZ collab lol hes still visiting here

At 4/25/21 10:27 AM, Luis wrote: welcome but more importantly, first post.

Lui

hi Luis

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 10:55:18

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 11:05:43

At 4/25/21 09:29 AM, AlbeGian wrote: @TomFulp This may be kind of a weird question, but how did it feel to actually have the need to upgrade the infrastructure thanks to the MILLIONS of sudden new internet users visiting the page? I suppose that must've felt really nice (setting aside all the work you guys probably had to do). I feel really happy for the NG team, this page deserves more. Godspeed

Also welcome to NG FnF fans!!! hope you like it!!

It was exciting and terrifying at the same time!

To put some things into perspective, when Cascade crashed the site, it was actually because Andrew had uploaded it to Dumping Grounds and was loading it from there on his site. Dumping Grounds at the time was intended for private person to person file sharing and the files ran through PHP so they could potentially be protected from outside access. This meant every load of Cascade was a big hit on the site, which brought the site down. This was fixed by simply moving the file to where it belonged, at which point everything was fine.

When the Tumblr surge happened, we actually did need more servers and bandwidth but we were able to get those on-line pretty quickly and everything kept running.

With FNF, everything possible was maxed out and no matter what we threw at it, it demanded more. It was like staring into the abyss, like maybe it wouldn't be possible for us to host Week 7 without an extremely expensive enterprise solution. I had mentioned some things in the other thread like how we used to use CloudFlare for content delivery and ddos protection but had to drop it because it was getting more expensive as our revenue was declining. It would be an expensive commitment to revisit something like that.

We have some work to do but ideally we'll be able to handle the Week 8 surge without having to go into panic mode. I know a lot of this traffic is temporary but I like to think our daily traffic will remain higher than before when the dust settles. NG has been on an upward trajectory for years now and FNF is helping to speed that up a bunch. We're also in the post "Newgrounds is a Flash website and Flash is dying" period, where the weight of Flash's demise isn't pulling on us like an anchor and people can finally see the site with fresh eyes.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 11:45:41

At 4/25/21 01:13 AM, metalsonic655 wrote: To all FnF fans who are newcomers to the site:

Must be glad i didn't make an account because of FnF.

HAIL OUR LORD THE ONION PRO SPEEDRUNNER

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 11:58:24

At 4/25/21 01:23 AM, Kwing wrote:
Rewards
Tankman Statue

I'll take one. ;)

Response to Welcome FNF Fans! 2021-04-25 12:00:39

Seeing a post explaining the history of the site makes me feel old as heck. Pretty sure I've gone through several accounts, but I (and several friends!) grew up with this place long before making one. (Lived in the Sonic collection mostly)

For perspective, one of the earliest things I remember doing on this site was showing my mom a Flash animation of Vegeta stomping in Sonic's face until the planet exploded. (And quickly needing to learn how to clear my browser history so my dad wouldn't ask questions) This was back in elementary school when we had Windows ME with a large CRT monitor and dial-up connection.

Fast forward nearly 20 years later and I'm a CSC graduate, making my own game (that people can't stop comparing to sonic) and typing this post out on a 6-inch slab of glass, in a time where Flash is officially "dead", Egoraptor no longer animates, AdventureQuest has a 3D title, and this site is still somehow kicking.

I'm literally a part of Gen Z, but the wave of new FNF fans makes me feel like a boomer among a new generation of zoomers. Seeing the site get thrusted back into the spotlight's made me have to grasp that I've been here longer than a lot of users have been alive. But it feels great to be able to see this place continue to evolve and stay relevant after all this time, and it'll definitely keep doing so far into the future at this rate.

BBS Signature