00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

studda614 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Article 13 Updates

25,527 Views | 222 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 12:37:11

At 4/1/19 11:23 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 4/1/19 11:20 AM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: I think people are just messing around.
How long ago is that by the way?
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO

Now I feel old...

Dear lord

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 12:50:48

At 4/1/19 12:12 PM, DeronMadness wrote: No, because EU is like UN : fucking powerfullshit that will be destroyed for being useless & annoying.

Destroyed how, though? The power thing's a problem.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 12:51:19

I always come back for April Fools Day

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 12:56:45

ok im sad :(((((((((

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 12:56:51

At 4/1/19 06:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: In case you missed it, Article 13 passed last week in the European Parliament.

Article 13, aka “the meme ban”, greatly increases the liability involved with hosting user-uploaded content. Websites are expected to implement filtering software to check uploads against copyright databases. Access to the technology is expensive, however and sites like Newgrounds can’t afford it.

As a result, we are now blocking all content on the site until we confirm that a user is not visiting from the European Union. You’ll have to complete the verification process the first time you try to view content here, or you can do it right now.

A cookie will be set in your browser so that you only have to do it once. We've made sure to warn everyone that Newgrounds uses cookies. The EU does such a great job protecting their citizens from the real dangers in the world!

For everyone not in the EU, sorry for the inconvenience! If you are visiting from the EU, sorry you can no longer enjoy all the cool content on Newgrounds. Keep this in mind next time it’s your turn to vote!

NOTE: If you move, you can re-take the validation process as needed.

This has created a dumpsterfire of replies, you did good Tom.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:07:52

At 4/1/19 06:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: In case you missed it, Article 13 passed last week in the European Parliament.

Article 13, aka “the meme ban”, greatly increases the liability involved with hosting user-uploaded content. Websites are expected to implement filtering software to check uploads against copyright databases. Access to the technology is expensive, however and sites like Newgrounds can’t afford it.

As a result, we are now blocking all content on the site until we confirm that a user is not visiting from the European Union. You’ll have to complete the verification process the first time you try to view content here, or you can do it right now.

A cookie will be set in your browser so that you only have to do it once. We've made sure to warn everyone that Newgrounds uses cookies. The EU does such a great job protecting their citizens from the real dangers in the world!

For everyone not in the EU, sorry for the inconvenience! If you are visiting from the EU, sorry you can no longer enjoy all the cool content on Newgrounds. Keep this in mind next time it’s your turn to vote!

hey i am from india what the fuck how did you all got me banned saying i am from eu wtf!!!!!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:08:52

---------------

OK, I get it. April fools! Worst holiday ever.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:09:47

I was getting mad because I'm not from the EU and I couldn't check anything but then I remember what day was today and took the test and answered in the most 'murican way and now I'm good.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:12:47

NOTE: If you move, you can re-take the validation process as needed (Wont change anything)

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:14:35

At 4/1/19 12:50 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/1/19 12:12 PM, DeronMadness wrote: No, because EU is like UN : fucking powerfullshit that will be destroyed for being useless & annoying.
Destroyed how, though? The power thing's a problem.

Destroyed by themselves

P.R.O.U.T

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:14:38

#SaveNG

Follow me on Newgrounds.com

Support me on Patreon

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:23:40 (edited 2019-04-01 13:24:22)

For next year, consider reversing the scores on all content. Feature and award low-ranking (or non-existing) content. Also mix up the categories (e.g., put games under the 'Music' category). Really mind-f*&k everyone.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:31:46

iu_16555_3128420.png

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:34:03

Thank goodness for brexit!.... Or not 🙄

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:34:44

LOL good one guys, but I can't vote montly pick if I can't see thumbnail.

Check out my work at MysticSkillz

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:36:45 (edited 2019-04-01 13:37:12)

took a second but I finally remembered to press F12 on my keyboard ;) , but if you are reading this reply then you already figured it out LOL.

See with your eyes, Not with your hands

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:41:54

At 4/1/19 01:14 PM, DeronMadness wrote: Destroyed by themselves

I do hope.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:44:46

@TomFulp

Did you think that April 1st would be such a good day for business?

iu_16556_808532.jpg

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:45:26

German invader here, beat your security measures first try, gotta do better Tom!

On a side note: This ruse would have been a great opportunity to reinstate Newgrounds' old slogan.

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 13:58:19

I'm just gonna assume this is april fool's

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:05:23

well i'm from europe and yet, the quiz says i'm not....

makes sense from where i am from

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:13:47

fuck article 13

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:16:01

this is ridiculous,i'm gonna miss this site GG guys

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:22:21

These reactions only make me wish this was real.

And that every website would do the same until Europeans cared enough.

And that everyone failing on the quiz would get deported to Europe.

Cheers from Braz- from AMERICA. (Technically not a lie.)

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:28:27

Great, not even one week after voting and the Newgrounds already abandons all it's EU members without even one law beeing put forward ( only guidelines according to article 13 ( now 17) they're referencing.....

I understand Newgrounds has massive problems regarding copyrights with all the diffrent contents on the platform, however saying something like "can't fne us if we're already blocking them *wink wink* ".

This sint a jab at us EU-citizens, but at the EU parlement, i know that. But it also disregards the fact that there's no laws out yet, no news about what the specific, and from what i know no contact between Newgrounds and any EU-parlement bodies that could tell what Newgrounds could do.

The worst thing about this post however is this message to us EU-citizens by you Tom Fulp:

" Keep this in mind next time it’s your turn to vote! "

Yup, no sympathy, just blame us for not voting in the "right guy" that would stand up against this.

It's not like we could have seen this comming 4+ years ago OK ? It's not like WE could vote on this OK ?

It's not like EVERY CITIZEN in the EU said, sure.... we're fine with this!

Honestly i thought Newgrounds would be more considerate for those now affected by YOUR BAN of EU-citizens....

Yup, don't blame this on article 13 ( or 17 from hence forth ) since you didn't bother with anything else and only this post, by you saying YOU are blocking US before the EU has the chance to do anything.

I thought Newgrounds and Tom Fulp would be better then this, but i guess i should have seen it in the newgrounds X-mas special by the quote "I OWN YOU" so.... yea, good luck with newgrounds, sadly i doubt i'll be back here since basicly us EU-citizens aren't welcome anymore -.-

Wish the creators and other inside the EU the best of luck.....

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:42:27

yeah thanks alot article 13 for the ban on free speach =/

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:44:26

Go fuck yourself. I'm deleting my account.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:47:28

At 4/1/19 02:44 PM, MalikLucas wrote:

EDIT: Can't acctually delete my account so meh. Guess I'm stuck here.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:50:00

youhavebeenblockedfromthiscontentyouhavebeenblockedfromthiscontent

YOU HAVE SELECTED MICROSOFT SAM AS YOUR COMPUTER'S DEFAULT VOICE.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 14:51:27

Hello, I am in the European Union but I do not want censorship. can someone help me if they please?