00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

studda614 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Article 13 Updates

25,526 Views | 222 Replies
Respond to this Topic

April 2nd update: this was a joke, I’ll replace it with a new post later today.

In case you missed it, Article 13 passed last week in the European Parliament.

Article 13, aka “the meme ban”, greatly increases the liability involved with hosting user-uploaded content. Websites are expected to implement filtering software to check uploads against copyright databases. Access to the technology is expensive, however and sites like Newgrounds can’t afford it.

As a result, we are now blocking all content on the site until we confirm that a user is not visiting from the European Union. You’ll have to complete the verification process the first time you try to view content here, or you can do it right now.

A cookie will be set in your browser so that you only have to do it once. We've made sure to warn everyone that Newgrounds uses cookies. The EU does such a great job protecting their citizens from the real dangers in the world!

For everyone not in the EU, sorry for the inconvenience! If you are visiting from the EU, sorry you can no longer enjoy all the cool content on Newgrounds. Keep this in mind next time it’s your turn to vote!

NOTE: If you move, you can re-take the validation process as needed.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 06:57:07 (edited 2019-04-01 07:06:37)

At 4/1/19 06:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: Keep this in mind next time it’s your turn to vote!

Typo: question 3 "Germany inavdes"

Also, had to do it a few times with the "right answers" and people are getting overly frustrated. Maybe a "I defect!" button to disable it?

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:04:43

At 4/1/19 06:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: In case you missed it, Article 13 passed last week in the European Parliament.

Article 13, aka “the meme ban”, greatly increases the liability involved with hosting user-uploaded content. Websites are expected to implement filtering software to check uploads against copyright databases. Access to the technology is expensive, however and sites like Newgrounds can’t afford it.

As a result, we are now blocking all content on the site until we confirm that a user is not visiting from the European Union. You’ll have to complete the verification process the first time you try to view content here, or you can do it right now.

A cookie will be set in your browser so that you only have to do it once. We've made sure to warn everyone that Newgrounds uses cookies. The EU does such a great job protecting their citizens from the real dangers in the world!

For everyone not in the EU, sorry for the inconvenience! If you are visiting from the EU, sorry you can no longer enjoy all the cool content on Newgrounds. Keep this in mind next time it’s your turn to vote!

I cannot see the stills in the thumbnails anymore for the games, movies or art. Basically the website is only half functioning now. I have used this website for many years and have multiple accounts. If this bullshit is not removed I will be forces to quit this community.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:06:49

I am glad I am protected! LONG LIVE THE EU! GLORY TO THE EU! MEMES ARE BAD!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:08:08

At 4/1/19 07:04 AM, 123BW123 wrote: I cannot see the stills in the thumbnails anymore for the games, movies or art. Basically the website is only half functioning now. I have used this website for many years and have multiple accounts. If this bullshit is not removed I will be forces to quit this community.

The thumbnails run the risk of containing copyrighted material so we need to hide those too.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:09:38

Im not from the EU. Im from Africa. Your quiz keeps putting me as a EU member. How do i get around this?? I'd like to play the games i've always enjoyed playing. please help!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:10:38

At 4/1/19 07:09 AM, TheSicarus wrote: Im not from the EU. Im from Africa. Your quiz keeps putting me as a EU member. How do i get around this?? I'd like to play the games i've always enjoyed playing. please help!

Everyone is from the EU! LONG LIVE THE EU!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:16:11

At 4/1/19 06:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: In case you missed it, Article 13 passed last week in the European Parliament.

Just let us see some fucking posts god damn it it's not funny anymore

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:17:21

For an April Fool, it's the most unfunny and annoying I saw of my life.

P.R.O.U.T

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:24:45

hi im really pissed off now becase it kept saying im a member of the eu but im not so your test is complete shit i live in fucking america

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:34:29

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, USING THAT BILL FOR JUST A FUCKING APRIL FOOL'S JOKE, SERIOUSLY FUCK OFF

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:34:56

Look at all these every-month fools

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:36:28

At 4/1/19 06:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: Keep this in mind next time it’s your turn to vote!

Cute, you think we have a say.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:41:38

Tom you sack of dicks

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:43:59

i am so confused.................. pretty clever move tho

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:47:07

Lmao I was a bit mad because I thought no matter what you said on the test it would tell you you're from EU. But I just did it in the most American way I could and I'M FREE NOW. From Europe. Amazing. Don't call the cops on me.

A hint you won't be able to read anyway: don't say you have free healthcare and always shoot robbers!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:48:45

So ummm, I'm not from the EU and i took the test and it told me that i am from the EU, now everything is blocked, what can I do ?

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:49:18

The signatures can still be seen. Tom, why do you not protect me? Don't you care about the well-being of your european friends?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:52:27

Do i seriously have to wait all day before i can just catch up on the most recent music!? Ok get it already the eu will make the internet hell, but the quiz is literally is impossible the last question is a forced fail.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:53:08

Oh, come on Tom. I don't live in the EU but I can't pass your test. How long will this April Fools joke last?

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 07:58:14 (edited 2019-04-01 08:00:25)

At 4/1/19 07:47 AM, FriKinky wrote: Lmao I was a bit mad because I thought no matter what you said on the test it would tell you you're from EU. But I just did it in the most American way I could and I'M FREE NOW. From Europe. Amazing. Don't call the cops on me.

A hint you won't be able to read anyway: don't say you have free healthcare and always shoot robbers!

i can read your hint by pressing reply and reading the text there but how tf am i supposed to pass when the last question is a forced fail!? Pubs are British and Britain is still in the eu so...?

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:03:06

iu_16506_4563874.jpg

So many options to pick from!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:03:39

okay... got a notification (obviously from my previous post), but because im "in the EU" i cant even see it. Cant play any games... this is just stupid....

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:03:55

Okay I admit, you got me Tom. I actually fell for it

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:04:44

so... knowing that im from argentina(south america) NOT EU... i still cant enjoy negrounds... SUCKS!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:05:04

This would have been so much funnier if this wasn't actually a possibility of what might happen.

Crazy Artist, Roboticist and Programmer... that's about it.

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:06:01

At 4/1/19 08:04 AM, akira911 wrote:

so... knowing that im from argentina(south america) NOT EU... i still cant enjoy negrounds... SUCKS!

btw... cant read shit cuz the quiz tells me im from EU... just cuz im polite... ,.l.. -_- ..l.,

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:17:46

At 4/1/19 08:13 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Most of the people in this thread are making me laugh. "let me see the posts" & "This is so annoying!" & "ASDFASDFASDFGAAAHHHH".

Aww, is this your first time? You guys weren't around for the Chinese April Fools were you? Bless you.

I remember the China April Fools, that was fun, my alt had a dumb flash frontpaged!

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:30:42

I feel so bad for all the people living in Europe that now have to deal with this bullshit now. The Internet is meant to be a place for everyone to post whatever they want. Fuck you EU. Long live the classic Internet, and long live Newgrounds.com

Response to Article 13 Updates 2019-04-01 08:30:56

At 4/1/19 07:52 AM, MoopSeal wrote:

Do i seriously have to wait all day before i can just catch up on the most recent music!? Ok get it already the eu will make the internet hell, but the quiz is literally is impossible the last question is a forced fail.

Answer with a brewski. It worked for me.