00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates

26,581 Views | 125 Replies
Respond to this Topic

At 12/14/17 12:51 PM, carbonlad wrote:
At 12/14/17 12:05 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: I'm listening to the FCC live cast. There is a lady talking and she is ABSOLUTELY INCINERATING THAT COCKSUCKER in support of Net Neutrality.

Edit: It was Mignon Clyburn.
12:51
They just called a recess due to security in the middle of Ajit's speech

It's because some cocksucker called in a BOMB THREAT. Needless to say that doesn't help us any.

Edit: They're back.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 13:29:14

At 12/14/17 12:05 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: I'm listening to the FCC live cast. There is a lady talking and she is ABSOLUTELY INCINERATING THAT COCKSUCKER in support of Net Neutrality.

Sounds promising. :) There's hope yet!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 13:37:04

It passed. Now it goes to court, then congress. And after the reaming the prick got during the vote, including of how he broke the law, I doubt it will pass, and he is going to be forced to resign.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

I'm listening to the FCC live cast. There is a lady talking and she is ABSOLUTELY INCINERATING THAT COCKSUCKER in support of Net Neutrality.
Sounds promising. :) There's hope yet

here in my country called Romania if such a thing breaks loose it would me that the company providing internet /cable w/e would simply DIE you know why because we the consumers aint gonna deal with they're sht and fankly people in the US should just not be a consumer at all then the companies providing the service would bend over and get nothing ive seen in recent years, what would happen if its totally pay to see or pay to anything i would not spend a single $ because we as people and consumers matter the most not big companies.... and they say woo pay to watch i aint gonna have such thing .... and we have the power to choose what we want not them to tell us what they want...evey day i se the US getting more and more corrupted and its not affecting me because these people in other times stood up for whats right and seeing this will only end in fire and bloodshed... or at least Ashit Pi burned on a spike in front of a live audience

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 14:17:59

At 12/14/17 01:52 PM, Necroionutwiz wrote: ...evey day i se the US getting more and more corrupted and its not affecting me

I really wish it wasn't. :) Don't think any one country is entirely shielded from influence from the outside world in this day and age, and you do use sites hosted in the US right, like this one? Unfortunately the traffic goes around the world, not just locally. Good to live in a country that still stands for freedom though!

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 14:26:37

Not affected by this here in Europe, but will follow the consequences of this closely.

"I can't cast that here."

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 14:28:37

...evey day i se the US getting more and more corrupted and its not affecting me
I really wish it wasn't. :) Don't think any one country is entirely shielded from influence from the outside world in this day and age, and you do use sites hosted in the US right, like this one? Unfortunately the traffic goes around the world, not just locally. Good to live in a country that still stands for freedom though!

here we all have our problems to deal with so in my book anything that demands payment for service is not worth it lets say if tomorrow it would be the end of the internet or cable its perfectly fine with me i could still read a book or exercise or do the other things i never got to do and, about problems i mentioned earlyer our politicians are cunts too so if they decide to do that all subscribers will be hone and people would stop paying things they dont need and find other stuff to do @TomFulp Tom dont worry even if the FCC has it they're way its only in US and if you ever decide to change locations you still have options but from what ive seen the american people wont stand as they're last freedoms are being taken away so it wont go down without a fight .... and ofc if they make a pay to do ... it will mean the end for them i mean were not dumb and morons to play by they're game so its just the begining of something more

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 14:31:26

Been calling and texting almost every day. I really hope the people can truly band together and put an end to the SOPAs and Pai's of the world and let the internet stay as it is.

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 14:51:38

At 12/14/17 02:28 PM, Necroionutwiz wrote: ... it will mean the end for them i mean were not dumb and morons to play by they're game so its just the begining of something more

Hell yeah! It's far from over. The battle changed aim right away. Congress next... if that wasn't what they've been urging all to call all this time already.

Would've been easier if it didn't get through that first phase in the first place though...

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 14:52:05

Too late. They killed it. That fucking bastard got his way.

We'll all be paying more and getting less .

One step closer to Chinese regulations...

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 15:00:12

At 12/14/17 02:52 PM, byteslinger wrote: Too late. They killed it. That fucking bastard got his way.

Really? Didn't all the phone calls and work do anything?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 15:02:10

At 12/14/17 02:52 PM, byteslinger wrote: Too late. They killed it. That fucking bastard got his way.

.... i know you're a mod and probably will ban me for this but are u a freaking .... you dont have to pay nothing and ill tell you why because demanding something for money is = to bending over and saying im finished so its not the end wake up!!! dont let them... i'll give you something to think about when the British came to America and said this is Brit land did they accept it and said oh yeah .... sure? NO ofc not your FUCKING American not british why this americans dump tea in the harbor? because they're american we dont drink tea we drink coffe you have to stick to your guns and show them its not like them and DONT GIVE UP here in romania if we had state do as they want we would have been a sold country but were not Dead and its by the rule last man stading and P.S. They won Indipendence and thats how it all began....im not american im european but where i stand now my ancestors fought too much for us to let it wither away to some powerhungering corporations

BBS Signature

At 12/14/17 01:37 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: It passed. Now it goes to court, then congress. And after the reaming the prick got during the vote, including of how he broke the law, I doubt it will pass, and he is going to be forced to resign.

if it has to go to court it can be appealed to SCOTUS, and if it goes to congress it won't pass the Senate there aren't enough votes and I can't believe i'm saying this but thank god for dems and the the margin they're holding in the Senate if they're lucky it'll be filibustered and if it does pass it can go to SCOTUS.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 15:31:05

At 12/12/17 03:16 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: Love the new UI for art pages! Been anxious to see the change.

And as for Net Neutrality, we do still have two more days. Not all hope is lost yet.

Hope is lost now ;-;, unless we flood the congress with calls to block fcc's vote, i really hope it works, im calling.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 15:38:11

At 12/14/17 03:31 PM, BigBadBestest wrote: Hope is lost now ;-;, unless we flood the congress with calls to block fcc's vote, i really hope it works, im calling.

The calling did not really work out before. Not sure how much it will help doing it again.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 16:36:46

It's not too late yet, Congress is up next! To those who can call there's still very much potential to make a change.

At 12/14/17 03:31 PM, BigBadBestest wrote: Hope is lost now ;-;, unless we flood the congress with calls to block fcc's vote, i really hope it works, im calling.

Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 16:48:47

At 12/14/17 03:02 PM, Necroionutwiz wrote:
.... i know you're a mod and probably will ban me for this but are u a freaking ....

Oh, heavens no, I have no desire to ban you, or anyone else with a deep opinion and concern about this. True, Congress might overrule the vote, but I have no faith in the government as it stands. As for freaking out - let's just say I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling about this, and over time, we all wind up losing.

But maybe we'll get an early Christmas present and Congress will do the right thing....maybe...

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 16:56:15

At 12/14/17 04:36 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
It's not too late yet, Congress is up next! To those who can call there's still very much potential to make a change.

I called last time, but it did not help. I will keep calling this time, and see if it helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 17:36:09

Oh, heavens no, I have no desire to ban you, or anyone else with a deep opinion and concern about this. True, Congress might overrule the vote, but I have no faith in the government as it stands. As for freaking out - let's just say I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling about this, and over time, we all wind up losing.
But maybe we'll get an early Christmas present and Congress will do the right thing....maybe...

the guys were dealing witch have no code or regards for consumer only profit so as long as they bribe even congres they will get it but you are probably right miracles can happen btw in case i dont recall things peaceful voting or anything that has to do with words wont cut it so they wont back down until they get what they want but that means leaveing the people to pay more and more until they have you under they're heel thats how big companies work they buy the competition and then they bankrupt smaller buisnesses so they have no competition ... these people you're deading with are fucking parasites who suck the blood( money ) from the hard working american people who work more and more to earn a simple paycheck and they dont pay taxes like normal people pay taxes thats the people you're dealing with....

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 19:14:04

Fuck this country.

If congress doesn't stop this then as soon as I graduate I'm moving to canada. Fuck this country and it's ignorant as fuck people.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 19:20:09

At 12/14/17 05:36 PM, Necroionutwiz wrote:
the guys were dealing witch have no code or regards for consumer only profit so as long as they bribe even congres they will get it but you are probably right miracles can happen btw in case i dont recall things peaceful voting or anything that has to do with words wont cut it so they wont back down until they get what they want but that means leaveing the people to pay more and more until they have you under they're heel thats how big companies work they buy the competition and then they bankrupt smaller buisnesses so they have no competition ... these people you're deading with are fucking parasites who suck the blood( money ) from the hard working american people who work more and more to earn a simple paycheck and they dont pay taxes like normal people pay taxes thats the people you're dealing with....

Watching my news about this and I seen something like Obama was all for this, pushed for it when he came into Office before Trump. Maybe you guys can shed some light about this also. We they are talking sounds like we're going back to the ole' dial-up internet, AOL is gonna cash in came back from the grave.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 19:35:24

At 12/12/17 12:37 PM, TomFulp wrote: Net Neutrality

:(...)

In the years leading up to 2015, this oligarchy became increasingly bold with their abuse of this power. The Internet was rescued in 2015 with the passing of Net Neutrality, which states all Internet traffic must be treated equally. This means your service provider isn't allowed to speed up, slow down or straight up block Internet traffic based on their preferences. For example, you can stream a movie from Netflix or Amazon just as well as you can stream a movie from Verizon or Comcast On Demand. Same goes for watching a movie on Newgrounds.

This is all about to be undone. Some (shady?) people will claim Net Neutrality is a case over government overreach and repealing it will make the Internet "more free." This is simply not how the Internet works. The Internet will be more profitable for Verizon, Comcast and AT&T, while being much, much, much less free for everyone else who has a stake in its future.

The founders and early pioneers of the Internet agree.

I feel so bad for everyone in America, including many of the people who made this site what it is... Hopefully the FCC will be successfully sued by the government & such. This is an actual breach on human rights.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 20:26:44

...aand it's gone. Or voted to, anyway.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 21:04:45

At 12/14/17 07:14 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
If congress doesn't stop this then as soon as I graduate I'm moving to canada. Fuck this country and it's ignorant as fuck people.

That is what everybody said after Trump became President. Most of them never did it. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 21:30:04

At 12/14/17 09:04 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is what everybody said after Trump became President. Most of them never did it. lol

I know right lol and they all still live here what a shame :)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 23:27:57

At 12/14/17 09:30 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/14/17 09:04 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is what everybody said after Trump became President. Most of them never did it. lol
I know right lol and they all still live here what a shame :)

~X~

Talk is cheap. It takes action to prove your point.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-15 01:12:39

At 12/14/17 03:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
The calling did not really work out before. Not sure how much it will help doing it again.

I think this is probably our biggest chance to save Net Neutrality.
Congressmen are WAY more likely to change their minds than money-hungry, deep pocketed FCC executives.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-15 01:45:31

At 12/15/17 01:12 AM, Blueneonkid wrote:
At 12/14/17 03:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The calling did not really work out before. Not sure how much it will help doing it again.
I think this is probably our biggest chance to save Net Neutrality.
Congressmen are WAY more likely to change their minds than money-hungry, deep pocketed FCC executives.

That is a good point. If we all keep calling it should work. I know I will be calling as much as I can to save NewGrounds and the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-15 05:11:35

At 12/14/17 03:31 PM, BigBadBestest wrote:
At 12/12/17 03:16 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: And as for Net Neutrality, we do still have two more days. Not all hope is lost yet.
Hope is lost now ;-;, unless we flood the congress with calls to block fcc's vote, i really hope it works, im calling.

Hope is never lost. If it means we, the people, have to fight to bring it back, then so be it.

People forget that by the end of the day, it's the citizens of America that make this place what it is. Ultimately we decide what changes and what doesn't.

Shit man, our Founding Fathers made this country with that very purpose in mind.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-15 05:44:11

Well, it will still be business as usual here in Europe thanks to the strict rules in place. You think I would take even an ounce of interest of what happens across the pond?